Print Page | Close Window

When Will These M-F***ers Learn?!

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=371798
Printed Date: Jun 20 2018 at 9:08am

Topic: When Will These M-F***ers Learn?!
Posted By: MizzAmirah
Subject: When Will These M-F***ers Learn?!
Date Posted: Jun 23 2014 at 11:41pm
I hope this ain't a repost. What makes this even more insulting is there response which looks like they put little effort or consideration to even be PC. Da they mean "international" with a Hispanic man? Ignorant ass b@stards. Angry

‘Racist’ Baby K’Tan Sling Package Sparks Outrage On Social Media

Comments:  http://newsone.com/3025281/racist-baby-ktan-sling-package-sparks-outrage-on-social-media/#disqus_thread" rel="nofollow - 31   |  http://newsone.com/3025281/racist-baby-ktan-sling-package-sparks-outrage-on-social-media/#comments-wrapper" rel="nofollow - Leave A Comment

Twitter exploded today with images of two very different baby sling packages, both manufactured by https://twitter.com/BabyKtan" rel="nofollow - Baby K’Tan .

In one image, a Black mother is featured with her baby in the sling; in the other, a White woman is featured with her baby in the sling as well.

The difference?

The White woman has a smiling White man behind her to complete the family portrait.

The backlash was instantaneous, with Twitter users claiming that Baby K’Tan was trafficking in racist stereotypes about the Black family, particularly Black women.

http://site.babyktan.com/blog/2014/06/23/response-to-recent-misrepresentations" rel="nofollow - Baby K’Tan  quickly responded to what it characterizes as a “misrepresentation”:

It has come to our attention that there is a misleading photo circulating around the internet. Our company takes these matters very seriously and wishes to address them without any further delay.

The photo in question shows two Baby K’tan Baby Carriers on the shelf at an unidentified retailer. One Baby K’tan product features an African American woman holding her baby, and the other Baby K’tan product features a Caucasian couple with their baby. This portrayal has left many of our loyal patrons concerned that this is an unfair representation of African American families. Furthermore, the box bearing the African American woman was inaccurately priced lower than the box with the Caucasian couple. Let’s address these pressing matters head on:

1) We have a total of 5 different products, each featuring a different image on the front of the packaging. One box has the Caucasian couple on the front, and the other four boxes have individual mothers with their babies on the front (including African American and Caucasian women).

2) The Baby K’tan product featuring the African American woman is from our organic line which should actually be priced higher than the other product displayed.

3) The couple considered to be Caucasian is actually in fact an international couple, featuring a Caucasian mom and a Hispanic dad.

Our company was built and has prospered because of our focus on diversity and inclusion. We wholeheartedly reject any false, unfounded and baseless claims of discrimination as depicted in the above misrepresentation. We here at Baby K’tan fully support exposing any unfair and inaccurate stereotypes, racism and/or discrimination wherever it may exist.

We plan to continue including diverse parents, both individually and as couples, throughout our images. In fact, we are proud to have such wholesome and loving caregivers as the faces of our company.

Replies:
Date Posted: Jun 23 2014 at 11:43pm
Ughhh....image won't show in OP.

Posted By: NJHairLuv
Date Posted: Jun 23 2014 at 11:48pm
Eff that company. We make our own baby slings with African fabric anyway.

Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Jun 23 2014 at 11:48pm
Dead DeadDead DeadDeadDead DeadDeadDeadDead DeadDeadDeadDeadDead DeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDead DeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDead

Posted By: thewonderfulwa
Date Posted: Jun 23 2014 at 11:50pm
I've never seen or heard of this company.

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Jun 23 2014 at 11:55pm
yeah i saw that earlier. smh

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Jun 23 2014 at 11:56pm
lol smh

Posted By: hauteshellbi
Date Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 12:10am
Yikes

Date Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 12:12am
Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

Eff that company. We make our own baby slings with African fabric anyway.

That was my first thought and they goin do black people like that? We started that sh*t. 
Funny thing is people commenting are also assuming the whites in the picture are married. Married or not, they could have thrown in a man with the black lady. She didn't get herself pregnant. Ignorant, racist fxcks. 

Date Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 12:13am
Originally posted by Fraiche2Death Fraiche2Death wrote:

Some people say that some of the boxes have a black couple. Then they found this. But the black couple box is still M.I.A. Oh and who the hell is K'Tan!?? Anyone buy their products!? Never heard of it.

Right! What a way to get your brand out.Dead

Posted By: rickysrose
Date Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 12:17am
models are married lol

That's like saying actors in a movie are family

Yes they can throw in a black man with the black lady, I mean really

Posted By: Awaiting1
Date Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 12:18am
A friend of mine emailed the company. They wrote her back and she posted their reply. 

Thank you for emailing us.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with our small family owed business. We truly value customer feedback, because if there was an issue we'd want to be aware of it.

Please know, we have multiple styles and boxes. It just happens to be that in this store they only have two versions on the shelf. In other stores we have all of our versions. I have also attached a photo to this email so that you can see our full product line. We swap pictures out periodically and update our packaging regularly, so at times we may have different images on different boxes.

We can assure you that Baby K'tan is sensitive to all moms, dads, families, races and religions.

Thank you again for your feedback and please let me know if there is any other way that I can be of assistance.

http://s217.photobucket.com/user/divianc/media/10464310_10152113958916300_7337818223827318714_n_zpscb20f8df.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: naturesgift
Date Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 12:19am
who has the energy for this?

Date Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 12:19am
problem solved, mission aborted 

Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 12:21am
why did i read "problem solved baby aborted" Disapprove

Date Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 12:24am
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

why did i read "problem solved baby aborted" Disapprove

freudian slip 

Posted By: maysay1
Date Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 12:28am
The things people waste time on.

It's funny because when I first saw this today I thought people were posting because they were happy to see a black mainstream woman using a sling since baby-wearing is not really popular in our community like that.

Posted By: rell85
Date Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 1:05am
I don't like the name of the company...

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 1:43am
Originally posted by Awaiting1 Awaiting1 wrote:

A friend of mine emailed the company. They wrote her back and she posted their reply. 

Thank you for emailing us.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with our small family owed business. We truly value customer feedback, because if there was an issue we'd want to be aware of it.

Please know, we have multiple styles and boxes. It just happens to be that in this store they only have two versions on the shelf. In other stores we have all of our versions. I have also attached a photo to this email so that you can see our full product line. We swap pictures out periodically and update our packaging regularly, so at times we may have different images on different boxes.

We can assure you that Baby K'tan is sensitive to all moms, dads, families, races and religions.

Thank you again for your feedback and please let me know if there is any other way that I can be of assistance.

http://s217.photobucket.com/user/divianc/media/10464310_10152113958916300_7337818223827318714_n_zpscb20f8df.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

Is that black guy holding a white baby?? LOL

Why couldn't he hold a black baby? What they tryin to say? Black men don't want to hold black babies??  Stern Smile

Posted By: Benni
Date Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 1:59am
I had no idea what the hoopla was about from just looking at the images.

I thought people were protesting 'babies in a sling'.

Seriously, I think there is more going on in the world to stress over than a product showing a lone AA woman with a baby, and the same product showing a Caucasian couple.

A Baby in a sling was more of a concern for me

Posted By: Lilaca
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 5:37pm
this is mild distraction to the shish they do 24/7

Posted By: iBetYouhNvNika
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 5:59pm
Really ? Lol

Print Page | Close Window