Print Page | Close Window

Woman Saves Ducks, 2 People Die

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=371621
Printed Date: Nov 19 2017 at 1:15am

Topic: Woman Saves Ducks, 2 People Die
Posted By: tatee
Subject: Woman Saves Ducks, 2 People Die
Date Posted: Jun 21 2014 at 10:54am

Canada woman stops for ducks; guilty in 2 deaths

Jun. 20, 2014 3:52 PM EDT

Emma Czornobaj,

In a Tuesday, June 3, 2014 photo, Emma Czornobaj is pictured at the Montreal Courthouse in Montreal. Czornobaj, who stopped to help a group of ducklings on the side of the road, was found guilty Friday, June 20, 2014, of causing the deaths of a motorcyclist and his passenger daughter who slammed into her parked car on on June 27, 2010. (AP Photo/The Canadian Press, Graham Hughes)

MONTREAL (AP) — A Canadian woman who parked her car on a highway to help a group of ducklings on the side of the road was found guilty Friday of causing the deaths of a motorcyclist and his passenger daughter who slammed into her car.

Emma Czornobaj was convicted by a jury on two counts of criminal negligence causing death, a charge that carries a maximum life sentence, and two counts of dangerous driving causing death, which comes with a maximum of 14 years in jail.

The 25-year-old was charged in the deaths of Andre Roy, 50, and his daughter Jessie, 16.

She wiped away tears when the verdict was delivered to a packed courtroom in Montreal. Quebec Superior Court Justice Eliane Perreault said the 12-member jury voted unanimously.

Czornobaj was released until her pre-sentence hearing on Aug. 8.

Roy's motorcycle slammed into Czornobaj's car, which was stopped in the left lane of a provincial highway south of Montreal in 2010.

Czornobaj, a self-professed animal lover, told the court that she did not see the ducklings' mother anywhere and planned to capture them and take them home.

Defense lawyer Marc Labelle said his client was stunned by the jury's decision.

"The fact that she was involved in the accident in the first place was a hard experience for her," he said. "The fact that she had to go through a trial with a lot of publicity was tough and to be confirmed by 12 citizens, the jury, that the conduct was criminal is a hard blow."

Pauline Volikakis, whose husband and daughter were killed in the collision, briefly fought back tears when she left the courtroom.

"I don't wish misfortune on anyone," Volikakis said. "It's time that we go on. This will not bring (back) my loved ones."

Prosecutor Annie-Claude Chasse had a message for motorists.

"What we hope is that a clear message is sent to society that we do not stop on the highway for animals. It's not worth it."

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/canada-woman-stops-ducks-guilty-2-deaths

Replies:
Posted By: kerysdream7
Date Posted: Jun 21 2014 at 10:55am
So sad & unfortunate. I knew she would be white.

Posted By: juicifruit89
Date Posted: Jun 21 2014 at 10:59am
What a moron.

Posted By: femmemichelle
Date Posted: Jun 21 2014 at 10:59am
Wait she completely stopped in the left lane? As in there was no shoulder? To jail she goes!

Posted By: niecy
Date Posted: Jun 21 2014 at 11:12am
How'd I know she was white? My first thought was that it's a shame white people are more concerned with saving the lives of an animal than they are with the life of a human.

Posted By: iliveforbhm
Date Posted: Jun 21 2014 at 11:12am
She is a idiot

Posted By: naturesgift
Date Posted: Jun 21 2014 at 11:55am
this is so *ucking stupid! She is at fault! People eat Ducks and I am sure the didn't need your help! I think she is lying about he damn ducks anyway!!

Posted By: K_Camille
Date Posted: Jun 21 2014 at 11:56am
I kinda feel bad for her but that was not smart.

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Jun 21 2014 at 12:04pm
She couldn't pull off in the grassy area off the paved road. She had to park in the road?!

Girl enjoy your jail time for being stupid.

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Jun 21 2014 at 12:09pm
idiot

Posted By: StylingArabella
Date Posted: Jun 21 2014 at 12:51pm
Animal worship in the YT community is REAL!

Posted By: SimplyPut
Date Posted: Jun 21 2014 at 1:06pm
She made a stupid decision and is at fault, but how was the road that the man driving the motorcycle had no way of seeing that there was a vehicle in the middle of the road. Unless she was parked around a curve or on top of a hill, accountability needs to be assessed on both sides.

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Jun 21 2014 at 1:42pm
^^^^^^^^no shade but that's what I was wondering. Was it a sharp curve and he couldn't see her (which i'm going to assume it was) or a long stretch of road?

Posted By: creole booty
Date Posted: Jun 21 2014 at 1:48pm
Canada don't play. They drink white tears too apparently.

Meanwhile, we watched a set of ducks look both ways before crossing a really busy intersection. It was so cute.

Posted By: HeyBeautiful18
Date Posted: Jun 21 2014 at 2:13pm
On a side road ok... I understand

But parked on a highway ?? That was a little dumb .... But I do feel bad for her. Its not like it was her intention to kill them  Cry

Posted By: rickysrose
Date Posted: Jun 21 2014 at 2:23pm
yeah she was absent minded

There is no reason to park and leave your car on the road itself, on a highway no less 

And it must've been a busy highway if she feared the ducks couldn't make it across before a car came

Posted By: rell85
Date Posted: Jun 21 2014 at 4:55pm
Guess she valued the lives of ducks over humans.

Posted By: sexyandfamous
Date Posted: Jun 21 2014 at 5:02pm
When I saw a dog on the freeway, I pulled over and ran after him - but that is because he was on the side; I would not have risked my life if it were in the middle of the highway and I am sure no one would have tried to avoid the dog, for the chances of hitting a car were high, since it is a very busy highway.

I feel sorry for her because she had good intentions, but she should have found somewhere to park. Now she will spend the rest of her life in jail.

Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Jun 21 2014 at 6:05pm
She ain't gonna do no time despite being found guilty. I'm willing to bet. This stupid province. Lawyers already moving in that direction.

I don't feel sorry for that bish at all. Two people dead over some damn ducks. Stupid clears.

Posted By: Lilaca
Date Posted: Jun 21 2014 at 6:09pm
Such an illogical race of people....

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Jun 21 2014 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by niecy niecy wrote:

How'd I know she was white? My first thought was that it's a shame white people are more concerned with saving the lives of an animal than they are with the life of a human.
i agree. but...how did they not see her parked car. they ran into her on ...the highway..what kinda freeway is it that they didnt see her car ahead of time and slow down. where they lookin around or what. that part is weird.

lol i be in the backseat with the kiddies and still see cars on the turns.. i dont know its weird.

Date Posted: Jun 21 2014 at 6:15pm
she must've stopped suddenly

Because she had to be close to see baby ducks and it doesn't sound like she even caught the ducks before the accident happened

Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Jun 21 2014 at 6:18pm

so why is this 5 stars?

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Jun 21 2014 at 6:20pm
to get your attention... so you can come to this thread.

Geek

Date Posted: Jun 21 2014 at 6:22pm
if someone stops suddenly on the highway it's easy to run into them 

Posted By: creole booty
Date Posted: Jun 22 2014 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

so why is this 5 stars?

I've decided to become the 5 star and likes bandit. That didn't last long lol

Print Page | Close Window