Print Page | Close Window

how to kill a Mans Intrerest

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=371428
Printed Date: Nov 19 2017 at 12:05am

Topic: how to kill a Mans Intrerest
Posted By: naturesgift
Subject: how to kill a Mans Intrerest
Date Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 10:40pm
Or anyone's for that matter! I see it time after time.. All the right moves to spark but and inability to keep the flame going... people who drive their BF away! or isolate themselves at work... lets talk about what Kills a Man's desire to be with a woman... or whatever context you want to respond in

Replies:
Posted By: NJHairLuv
Date Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 10:43pm
you go first.

Posted By: CLCNY20
Date Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 10:46pm
Insecurity.  A guy may not mind someone being a little shy or repressed, but if you need to be told you're beautiful every 2 seconds, bye bye homey.

Date Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 10:48pm
LOL! well lets see...
being too open, too soon, talking too much about the WHAT you want, taking him shopping for your items ( keep the mystery alive).. Not offering him enough encouragement! various forms of neediness.. letting him see your ugliness,

Date Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 10:50pm
He becomes your only friend or form of entertainment-- I know it's not easy and you want to be around him ALOT but we need balance... let him long for you... be busy sometimes

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 10:51pm
negativity… 

guys like girls who are positive and upbeat/happy.. they wanna feel like you live in a perfect world where youre never mad, irritated, or having a bad day.. 

Posted By: sexyandfamous
Date Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 10:52pm
Be insecure, be controlling, give the man a hard time for hanging out with his friends, disliking his family members (unless he dislikes them too lol), monitor his social media profiles....

Those are the ones I can think of right now.

Posted By: rickysrose
Date Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 10:54pm
there's somebody for everybody

Date Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

there's somebody for everybody
tell that to all the people who die of loneliness each year!

Posted By: maysay1
Date Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 10:57pm
I think it really depends on the individual.

Stuff that I would think would be universal...like bad hygiene...still got a man. And same in the workplace...funky, dirty, same clothes errday...still got a job.

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 10:59pm
This thread came just in time. I'm trying to get rid of this security guy at work. He just won't go away!! I be hiding in dark hallways and he just so happens to stumble upon me DisapproveDisapprove I swear he's stalking me thru the cams

Posted By: ThatGurlD
Date Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 11:00pm
I say lies, instability, conceit, self-righteiousness. 

Hubby says clinginess, thirst, nagging, being sloppy.

I like people who know who they are and don't change up to "fit" whoever they're trying to impress.  I have had innocent crushes who were not at all my type but they were so comfortable in their own skin.  

Posted By: ppp38
Date Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 11:01pm
clingyness, emotional instability, finding out she's slept with too many people,

Posted By: Bored w/Out Me?
Date Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 11:04pm
Tell him you wanna get married after letting him smash twice

Date Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 11:06pm
there are people doing everything in this thread and worse

And steeeeeeel have someone riding or dying for them

Just be you, it's enough, really

Posted By: miana79
Date Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 11:15pm
Depends on the person...

Posted By: Benni
Date Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by naturesgift naturesgift wrote:

Or anyone's for that matter! I see it time after time.. All the right moves to spark but and inability to keep the flame going... people who drive their BF away! or isolate themselves at work... lets talk about what Kills a Man's desire to be with a woman... or whatever context you want to respond in

Chemistry, or the lack of it.

Not intellectually compactible

Drive, Motivation....The list can go on.

Let's not forget Ambition

Posted By: OoDles O
Date Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 11:29pm
talking about all the kids you wanna have an sh*t.
well...
... that kills the interest for me.Embarrassed

Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 11:30pm

people are dying of loneliness?

Date Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 11:30pm
wrong thread lmaoo

Posted By: trudawg
Date Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 12:18am
attitudes
neediness
negativity
selfies

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 12:24am
Not being bae status and you always whinging bout money

Insta turnoff

Posted By: Samoneisthebest
Date Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 12:25am
I've never been able to do it.

Posted By: bunzaveli
Date Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 12:46am
rancid smelling pucci

Posted By: Benni
Date Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 1:16am
Or just say......... NO. Not interested !!!!

Posted By: foxyroy19
Date Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 1:28am
Spelling interest the way you have would kill it for meLOL

Posted By: DixieDarlin
Date Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 2:09am
Originally posted by trudawg trudawg wrote:

attitudes
neediness
negativity
selfies

Explain, lol.

Posted By: DixieDarlin
Date Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 2:12am
I hang around guys a lot, one thing I've noticed that turns off a lot of guys 99% of the time is when you start talking about the future too soon ie. saying you can't wait until we get married, or talking about kids, or talking about living together, etc especially when he's not ready.

Other than that, I believe it depends on the guy and the relationship. I've seen needy, insecure girls who have been in relationships with the same guy for years, and the guy still puts up with her. They be fighting a lot lol... but the love is still there.

Date Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 2:19am
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

This thread came just in time. I'm trying to get rid of this security guy at work. He just won't go away!! I be hiding in dark hallways and he just so happens to stumble upon me DisapproveDisapprove I swear he's stalking me thru the cams

Be careful out there BB!

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 3:00am
Op desperately needs a man and I hope she finds one.

Posted By: ThoughtCouture
Date Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 6:49am
Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

rancid smelling pucci

Dead

experience?

Posted By: MsBMW
Date Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 6:59am
Sexing too fast...Men really don't like that...even tho they try to get the pants..it turns them off instantly 

Posted By: keepgrowing
Date Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 7:09am
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

did you make the thread asking how to find a man naturesgift?

Yup. She also made the thread about what city to move to in order to find a man. 

Posted By: iliveforbhm
Date Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 7:30am

I need to knock him out

Ps. I need you to upgrade to Samsung tablet, I'll get you one next month

Posted By: Jess
Date Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 7:39am
Ultimately depends on the man.

I would say clinginess, insecurity, blowing up his phone, and needing constant attention.

Posted By: Blac1Chyna
Date Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 8:14am
being clingy and thirsty

Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 8:33am
If I wanna kill a man's interest, I talk about having babies reeeeeal soon. LOL That always does the trick.

If I'm dealing with a guy crazy enough to be on board with that bullshit, I start talking like an unabashed golddigger.

Date Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 8:35am
Originally posted by keepgrowing keepgrowing wrote:

did you make the thread asking how to find a man naturesgift?

Yup. She also made the thread about what city to move to in order to find a man. 

Date Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 8:49am
Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

If I wanna kill a man's interest, I talk about having babies reeeeeal soon. LOL That always does the trick.

If I'm dealing with a guy crazy enough to be on board with that bullshit, I start talking like an unabashed golddigger.

Not gonna work if you mixed with good hair.

Posted By: NuAttitude
Date Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 11:11am
Originally posted by iliveforbhm iliveforbhm wrote:

Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

Not gonna work if you mixed with good hair.
ErmmLOL

Posted By: Wildfire
Date Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 11:26am
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

negativity… 

guys like girls who are positive and upbeat/happy.. they wanna feel like you live in a perfect world where youre never mad, irritated, or having a bad day.. 

Yep.

men are such children.....as soon as reality starts to kick in...real conversations, real issues.....the woman becomes a "nag"/'negative'. All of that airy-fairyness will last for as long as the relationship is superficial...there comes a point when things other than pretending/trying to be perfect, becomes much more impartant.

Date Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 11:46am
Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

negativity… 

Yep.

men are such children.....as soon as reality starts to kick in...real conversations, real issues.....the woman becomes a "nag"/'negative'. All of that airy-fairyness will last for as long as the relationship is superficial...there comes a point when things other than pretending/trying to be perfect, becomes much more impartant.

S
A lot of times and chemical reactions in the women's brain causes them to think irrational evolution mistake that causes women to make life more difficult than it already is.

Posted By: OoDles O
Date Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 12:55pm

attitudes
neediness
negativity
selfies

not just the selfie… but the magical caption that comes with it

"typical Selfie picture" (girl standing in front of mirror with melancholy smile)
"caption"  "Everything in the universe has a rhythm, everything dances"

like what?

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 12:59pm
DeadLOL

Posted By: creole booty
Date Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 1:07pm
Some of the things y'all named r character flaws in general. If a b.itch feels that way, she needs to forget a man and work on herself lol.

I say being phony is a turn off. If ur phony, any dude u want to get serious with wont like that. If urself is a neurotic, anxiety ridden, mess, then b that because if ur not willing to change for yourself, then u need to find a man who will deal with the real u.

Posted By: rell85
Date Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 2:16pm
Being insecure.

Posted By: Ds2nice
Date Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 4:53pm
Tell him that you believe a man should pay for all of your living expenses, including weaves, hair salon expenses and a shoe allowance.

Date Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by OoDles O OoDles O wrote:

attitudes
neediness
negativity
selfies

"typical Selfie picture" (girl standing in front of mirror with melancholy smile)

like what?

LOL LOL LOL im 'bout to put that on my IG  LOL...Confused

Date Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 8:42pm
I notice that a lot of women speak a wholeeee lot more than they listen and that kills the mens' interest in them. We are in a self centered time frame, so i think that it is common to see one person/both people being extremely self absorbed instead of some type of balance.

Posted By: trudawg
Date Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 1:04am
Originally posted by DixieDarlin DixieDarlin wrote:

attitudes
neediness
negativity
selfies

Explain, lol.

The constant need of external validation is sure fire sign of low self-esteem

Posted By: sbrownie84
Date Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 2:20am
I'm wondering of the majority of responses are from women who are single or without a man for years. I've noticed that the women with the most advice about men or relationships are single. Just saying

Posted By: ThoughtCouture
Date Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 5:04am
majority?  we name names in 2014...

Date Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 12:28pm
Yes I made the "man plan thread" but its not about finding a man it was about setting relationship goals the way we as women do other goals... and for the record I don't want (A MAN) I want a husband the one that is meant for me.I make these threads so people who want to can share ideas~

Date Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 12:34pm
funny thing right?

Date Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 12:36pm
nature pm me a pic. 

Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 12:42pm

attitudes
neediness
negativity
selfies

like what?

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLCryCryCryLOLLOLLOL  I'm pretty sure this will remain the funniest post of the day by the time the clock strikes midnight.
Oodles is silly LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Date Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 12:42pm
i dont do arizona… its really hot and i think there are lots of snakes. 
i wont pass your pic around. I just want to see what were working with… 

Date Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 12:43pm
lol why don't you like mystery? anyway I am about to have a Phoenix BHM Meetup you can come- if you don't want to drive out here you can get on the Chinese bus it leaves from Downtown LA and comes to the cultural center... its great they give you water and a "wich" plus its fast

Date Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 12:50pm
You should come I promise there are no snakes in the city, lol just come for a weekend

Date Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 1:18pm
Naturesgift, please post a link to your thread. Id love to read.

Posted By: Marcelo22
Date Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 1:59pm
u dont want to meet Coconess Nature, she got more chest hair than Prince

Date Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 2:01pm
Oh Gosh!

Date Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by sbrownie84 sbrownie84 wrote:

Naturesgift, please post a link to your thread. Id love to read.
well it started off ok but went south quick from what I recall

Date Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 2:28pm

I'm wondering of the majority of responses are from women who are single or without a man for years. I've noticed that the women with the most advice about men or relationships are single. Just saying

Wow that's so much shade

There's a flip side, women in relationships might've had only one or two so they don't really know what works in general 

If you've dated a lot or for long periods of time, you've seen first hand what works on most and what doesn't

Date Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 2:39pm

Yes I made the "man plan thread" but its not about finding a man it was about setting relationship goals the way we as women do other goals... and for the record I don't want (A MAN) I want a husband the one that is meant for me.I make these threads so people who want to can share ideas~

I think you need to chill about with the whole "I-need-a-husband" thing. The reason I say that is because of the threads that have the same theme, yet different titles, which you create in order to find and keep a man.
The plan should be: man and I meet, we date, we fall in love, we get married, we live happily ever after. Thing is, your plan needs the support of another person, and that person might be busy working on his degree, trying to get a promotion at work, has family issues to deal with, etc etc etc.

So your plan may sound good on the paper, but since it needs the other person to be on board 100%, it might take longer than you expect for you to get married and also live happily ever after.

Date Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

I think you need to chill about with the whole "I-need-a-husband" thing. The reason I say that is because of the threads that have the same theme, yet different titles, which you create in order to find and keep a man.
The plan should be: man and I meet, we date, we fall in love, we get married, we live happily ever after. Thing is, your plan needs the support of another person, and that person might be busy working on his degree, trying to get a promotion at work, has family issues to deal with, etc etc etc.

So your plan may sound good on the paper, but since it needs the other person to be on board 100%, it might take longer than you expect for you to get married and also live happily ever after.
Do you have plans about your life areas? I am sure you do? Plan's are just that they are no guarantee of anything... anyway this thread is not the same theme, this is about maintaining the attention-
this can be for marriage or any relationships in life

Date Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 3:00pm
Yes, it is the same theme: men - the difference is this one wants to know how to keep them. The other ones were about how to find them.

The plan is simple, the problem is keeping up with it, because the guy you like has to like you back.
You posted the first thread a couple months ago, right? Did you follow any of the good advices? Did it work out for you at all?

Date Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 3:02pm

Wow that's so much shade

There's a flip side, women in relationships might've had only one or two so they don't really know what works in general 

If you've dated a lot or for long periods of time, you've seen first hand what works on most and what doesn't

people can only talk about what has worked or what has not worked for them, its all about personal growth

Date Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 3:07pm
shes not trying to lick my chest she doesnt care about where the bulk of my hair is at. 

Date Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 3:17pm

Ooohhhh you told her!

Date Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 3:18pm
So Do you think all my threads are practical? Can they just be ideas themes that are common to women? out of all the weird threads that appear on this board why do I have to be scrutinized, I am sure there are plenty of people here who would like to learn how to improve their relationship skills.. why not?

Date Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 3:20pm
Don't know if it's the phone, but or me LOL

Date Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 3:21pm
Mercy

Date Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 3:54pm
clueless

Date Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 4:17pm

Wow that's so much shade

Makes sense

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 5:28pm

this is so true.

I checked off a few items about myself in this thread  LOL
but I already know my days are numbered.

Date Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 6:12pm

Be careful out there BB!

I'm trying! I got my mini knife ready to go! LOL

Posted By: HunnyB
Date Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by ppp38 ppp38 wrote:

clingyness, emotional instability, finding out she's slept with too many people,

Posted By: f8dagrate
Date Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 8:00pm
According to bhm rubbing his dack on the second date!

Date Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 8:41pm
most people are talking about the first stages of a relationship, but what about when you have been involved for a while... I can tell for myself I a man looses my attention due to boring routines, and lack of creativity

Date Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

this is so true.

I checked off a few items about myself in this thread  LOL
but I already know my days are numbered.

Numbered in decades!

BB I knew you'd be strapped!   Keep your eyes peeled 

Date Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 12:42am

So Do you think all my threads are practical? Can they just be ideas themes that are common to women? out of all the weird threads that appear on this board why do I have to be scrutinized, I am sure there are plenty of people here who would like to learn how to improve their relationship skills.. why not?

There was no shade in my post, apologies if you felt that way.
I just think you come off as needy, and that's something that turns men off. That's why I suggested you chill a bit, just enjoy your life, take care of yourself and soon you'll meet someone. You sound to be on your early 20's, but if you are in your late 30's, it would make sense why you are trying really hard to find a man.

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 1:01am

I just think you come off as needy, and that's something that turns men off. That's why I suggested you chill a bit, just enjoy your life, take care of yourself and soon you'll meet someone. You sound to be on your early 20's, but if you are in your late 30's, it would make sense why you are trying really hard to find a man.

So much unintended shade in this post.....LOLLOLLOLLOL

Date Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 1:03am

most people are talking about the first stages of a relationship, but what about when you have been involved for a while... I can tell for myself I a man looses my attention due to boring routines, and lack of creativity

but you're also at a point where it's not about some little thing that will make him run away, it's because he doesn't like you.  every person he meets will have flaws and i guarantee the person he settles down with will have flaws that he is willing to overlook.  he has to LIKE you.  if you're boring or annoying or stupid or anything else then how can you change that?  you have to find a guy that is okay with that.

Date Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 1:08am
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

but you're also at a point where it's not about some little thing that will make him run away, it's because he doesn't like you.  every person he meets will have flaws and i guarantee the person he settles down with will have flaws that he is willing to overlook.  he has to LIKE you.  if you're boring or annoying or stupid or anything else then how can you change that?  you have to find a guy that is okay with that.
I am a bit confused by your response are you saying me? or anyone in general are you saying the reason Men and Women get divorced is because they suddenly realize their partners are boring, annoying, stupid??? Because I am almost sure that can be only part of the reason

Date Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 1:10am
i'm saying anyone in general...not you.  either the person likes you or not.  you don't think his wife will have many of the flaws mentioned in this thread?

Date Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 1:12am

I am not trying to find a "MAN" I am trying to improve my interpersonal skills in order to attract,marry and maintain my marriage. I don't see the problem with discussing the skills involved. Love relationships are not like leaves blowing in the wind.

Date Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 1:14am
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

I guess I don't have a way with wordsCry

Date Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 1:17am

i'm saying anyone in general...not you.  either the person likes you or not.  you don't think his wife will have many of the flaws mentioned in this thread?
What I am saying is many people do things unknowingly that drive their lovers,husbands,and potential lovers away... I just would like us to be more self aware none of us are PERFECT! and its ok to admit that!

Date Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 1:20am

I guess I don't have a way with wordsCry

The truth fights to be heard.....LOL

Date Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 1:23am
nature how old are you? 

Date Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 1:29am
I am in my 30's, how old are you?

Date Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 1:39am
do you think you come off like you're in a rush to get married?

Date Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 1:42am
im in my 20s 

Date Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 1:43am

do you think you come off like you're in a rush to get married?
So much is lost in a post... I don't think I come off as anything really because we are just filling in the spaces with our imaginations, I would love to meet and marry someone who inspires me... maybe we are all watching to much TV?

Date Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 6:19am

attitudes
neediness
negativity
selfies

like what?

FUCK LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Date Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 6:25am

SaF, I love you girl, but THIIIIIIIIIIIIS http://www.myemoticons.com/emoticons/images/msn/moods/cryingwithlaughter.gif

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 6:57am
jeezuz!

Posted By: keepgrowing
Date Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 7:33am

never really been one to ask for relationship advice

not because I know it all but when I have a question about my relationship I talk to the other person that I am in a relationship with

I also hung out with different groups of guys in college more so than girls so I got to hear and see how a lot of them viewed relationships and women at that age

I wonder if I hung out with mostly women if I would have a more fairytale like view of relationships

I am also kind of private so I don't like sitting around with a group of people discussing my relationships

I will ask for career advice all the time, but my relationships.....no thanks

I also don't give out relationship advice beyond talk to your partner about how you feel, it seems like they aren't that into you and love yourself

beyond that, I really have nothing else to offer someone

LOL um not sure what would give you that impression, but absolutely not. 

Date Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 8:10am

when I am around a lot of single women and they talk about relationships....many don't seem to be discussing the reality of the situation

I agree.....romantic comedies dun sent bushes all the way off......

Print Page | Close Window