Print Page | Close Window

Woman breastfed baby during graduation.

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=371341
Printed Date: Dec 16 2017 at 12:28am

Topic: Woman breastfed baby during graduation.
Posted By: india100
Subject: Woman breastfed baby during graduation.
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 10:39pm

http://madamenoire.com/436873/breastfeeding-college-graduate-shamed-on-the-internet/" rel="nofollow - Why Are Y’all Mad? Breastfeeding College Graduate Shamed On The Internet

http://madamenoire.com/436873/breastfeeding-college-graduate-shamed-on-the-internet/#disqus_thread" rel="nofollow - 132 comments
June 9, 2014 ‐ By https://plus.google.com/106725037248483814378" rel="nofollow - Veronica Wells

http://cdn.madamenoire.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/breastfeeding-at-graduation-feat.jpg" rel="nofollow">Source: Facebook

Source: Facebook

If you’ve been on Facebook in the past few days, you may have seen this picture of Karlesha Thurman breastfeeding her daughter during her college graduation from California State University Long Beach.

Thurman, 25, posed for a picture while she was breastfeeding her daughter in her cap and gown. She shared it with the Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/pages/Black-Women-Do-Breastfeed/109639955730943" rel="nofollow - Black Women Do Breastfeed  and they posted the picture with the following caption: “Congratulations mama!!! Giving her daughter more gifts than one! Isn’t this beautiful?!” And the hate started streaming in from there. While comments on the initial Facebook page were supportive and encouraging, once the photo went viral, the opinions ran the gamut from ignorant to hateful.

http://cdn.madamenoire.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Screen-Shot-2014-06-09-at-12.40.38-PM.png" rel="nofollow">Screen Shot 2014-06-09 at 12.40.38 PM

Replies:
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 10:40pm
Agree or disagree ? Smile

Posted By: DiorShowGirl
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 10:45pm
this could of been done without internet viewing....why was this needed to post on facebook in the first place?  

is she related to that female who dragged her baby on her train down the aisle when she was getting married?

congrats to her though on baby and her degree

Posted By: callmeDEva
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 10:48pm
Go head girl. I'm not mad at all.

Posted By: hauteshellbi
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 10:49pm
i can't with the whole titty flopping in the breeze thing...i like discreet breastfeeding 

Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 10:49pm
I think people share a little too much on facebook . I never go on the site . I disagree with the person talking about her study habits . Many young mother's never graduate .

Posted By: femmefatale85
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 10:51pm
i dont really care what she does

but that's not how i'd want to remember my day

i feel like when people posts pictures, they want attention...she got what she wanted meh

Posted By: HowardAlumAKA
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 10:52pm
Time and place......sorry, but that just wasnt the time and place.......I mean....was she walking across the stage with the child? Why couldnt a relative hold the child? Yea...time and place...

Posted By: miana79
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by femmefatale85 femmefatale85 wrote:

i feel like when people posts pictures, they want attention...she got what she wanted meh

I agree, like why post that pic??

Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 10:56pm
If a random classmate popped her titty out in the middle of the ceremony just cuz she wanted to, would that make it appropriate? No, it obviously wouldn't be.

eta: I was right the first time Confused it's late, time for me to go to bed lol

Just because there's a baby attached to it doesn't make it more appropriate. Understandable? Yes but not appropriate. She could have easily thrown a towel over her shoulder. Damn, is it that hard to carry a towel with you when you know you're breastfeeding?

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 10:56pm
i fed my baby whenever and where ever and if you dont like it kiss my oldest pair of chucks.

im proud of her.LOL besides baby dont care, it just wants to be fed 

Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 10:58pm
Originally posted by HowardAlumAKA HowardAlumAKA wrote:

Time and place......sorry, but that just wasnt the time and place.......I mean....was she walking across the stage with the child? Why couldnt a relative hold the child? Yea...time and place...
The mother said her baby was hungry . ABC news post a breaking news story with her answers . Really long and detail . Why is the story BN ? Stern Smile

Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 10:58pm
Lady,

Did you just whip it out? Did you have a cover-up at least?

Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by Lady ICE Lady ICE wrote:

i fed my baby whenever and where ever and if you dont like it kiss my oldest pair of chucks.

DeadLOLCry

Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Lady,

I agree with the member post that said she wants the national attention i guess . Stern Smile

Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:02pm

Lady,

i did. my baby matters not a bunch of strangers who are so scared to see boobs and other natural things. no cover. we'd die in this heatLOL

you cant always pump ahead of time...at least i couldnt. im not a water fountain dang.LOL

Posted By: thewonderfulwa
I don't mind at all don't see why anyone would.

Posted By: ScorpioLuv
I would've pumped ahead of time. Breastfeeding is an amazing thing but that moment was inappropriate. She should've been prepared

Posted By: ms_wonderland
What part of the ceremony is this?  

looks like extremely poor planning.  Why not pump beforehand?  Looks like a baby big enough for a bottle.  Who was feeding her while she was in class?  Im team feed where ever whenever but something like this should be avoided.  Not enough to get in my feelings about.
There was a recent story about a hs yearbook section dedicated to the teen parents...that was inappropriate.

Posted By: maysay1
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:07pm
A beautiful black woman feeding her baby nutritious food all while taking care of business.

*black girls are magic*

Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:08pm
And I do not understand people being up in arms about seeing a boob.

Folks walk around with their boobs on display ALL day everyday. The same people talking about its inappropriate show more boob at work and church and funerals and picking up their kids from school.

Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:09pm
^^okay?!

Posted By: f8dagrate
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:13pm
LOL at being up in arms.

If one y'all popped out a boob during my wedding. Y'all would be politely asked to go out to the breast feeding area. I love seeing my boobs, and a few others but are going too far. Farting is natural, and so is belching. So is defecating. So is eating when hungry. But please try eating a subway sammaich during a job interview let me know how that turns out. She just wants attention. I'm all for breast feeding in public places but during ceremonies NAHHhhhh.

Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:14pm
Part of her ABC interview .

I personally have gotten nothing but positive feedback, but the people on Twitter are being very harsh towards the photo,” she told ABC News.

“I do not care how natural breast feeding is, a college graduation is not the place…decorum, people,” tweeted @theSilentGiant.

“I never said not to be proud, but breast pumps exist for a reason! Middle of graduation is not the time to whip breast out,” read a post from @SarahKitty21

Thurman said she didn’t post the photo  to get attention,  and it’s since been deleted. But she said she doesn’t understand what the big deal is about the photo.

“Nobody there had a problem with it,” Thurman told ABC News about her breastfeeding during her May 22 graduation ceremony.  “I was facing the other graduates. The crowd couldn’t see me.”

Her daughter, Aaliyah, was hungry and needed to be fed, she said.

Molly Peterson, manager of Healthcare for Lansinoh, told ABC News that breastfeeding in public shouldn’t be a concern.

“This was a beautiful natural expression of a mother’s love for her baby,”  Peterson said.

“Seeing pictures like this is something that normalizes it so that more mothers are able to feed their babies whenever, and wherever, they need to,” Peterson added.

The Facebook group where Thurman posted her photo uses the hashtag #normalizebreastfeeding in their posts to spread awareness. The group, according to their blog, was created as a means to “highlight the many black mothers in the United States (and beyond) who do indeed breastfeed their children.”

For Thurman, having her daughter by her side at graduation was important since Aaliyah helped her get to that day.

After finding out she was pregnant in her last year of school, Thurman contemplated dropping out or taking a break, she said. However, once she had her daughter, she said she knew she had to finish.

“With me having a better education, I would be more likely to provide her with the things she wants and needs in life,” Thurman said.

Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

Lady,

I agree with the member post that said she wants the national attention i guess . Stern Smile

exactly...she now has a school debt to pay off...so anytime she gets asked to  come on such a such show...cha-ching--cha-ching....paying off my school debt..

Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:21pm
If you notice though, she posted the pic to a breastfeeding facebook page as a comment. Not her own page, not instagram, not anywhere else.

So this was definitely not a grab for attention in general. It was posted to the appropriate place.

And frankly, a black woman wanting attention for feeding her child nutritious food while getting her education...we should pay attention to that. And support it.

Like I said *black girls are magic* *feed your baby* *get that degree girl* *pop a titty out whenever you want, I got your back* *I bet that baby was quiet for the rest of the graduation once she had that milk unlike all these other folks hungry kids*.

Posted By: Bored w/Out Me?
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:23pm
I agree with the poster that said, she wanted attention...

Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:23pm
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

If you notice though, she posted the pic to a breastfeeding facebook
page as a comment. Not her own page, not instagram, not anywhere else.

So this was definitely not a grab for attention in general. It was posted to the appropriate place.

And
frankly, a black woman wanting attention for feeding her child
nutritious food while getting her education...we should pay attention to
that. And support it.

Like I said *black girls are magic* *feed
your baby* *get that degree girl* *pop a titty out whenever you want, I
got your back* *I bet that baby was quiet for the rest of the graduation
once she had that milk unlike all these other folks hungry kids*.

Meh, not mad at her. I can't stand crying babies though. Heck I don't care for loud babies at most social events.

Posted By: HunnyB
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:42pm
Her breast aren't represented sexually... so it's a problem...

If she had worn this under her gown, there would be no uproar

Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:45pm
The pic was taken and shared to make a statement. That said i just dont care.

Posted By: Katrenia
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:46pm
I prefer she feed the baby than not because I don't want to hear her baby's hungry cries throughout the ceremony. 
Anyway, I ain't trying to see her titties and it may have been too hot to cover up with a blanket.

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:48pm
Attention seeking.

Posted By: ThatGurlD
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:50pm
Let the children eat.

Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:55pm
I witness numerous men that are not comfortable with a wife or girlfriend feeding in front of other men . I used a cloth diaper during my few attempts . I respect her desire to graduate and take care of the baby. I read nothing about the father .

Posted By: NARSAddict
Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 12:30am
Farting and belching does not equal breastfeeding in public.  Inhaling microscopic particles of feces is way worse than feeding a hungry baby.  I was weirded out seeing an woman breastfeeding her baby when I was hoping on the trolley thing at Disney World.  But ironically I wouldn't have noticed it until she was staring at me extra hard at me when I saw the empty seat beside her.  I guess she was expecting me to make a scene. *shrugs*

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 12:31am
Good for her

Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 12:40am
nvm

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 1:04am

*z snap*LOL

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 1:14am
Appropriate time my ass. My baby is hungry. Unless you gonna feed this baby, stfu. 

Posted By: rickysrose
Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 1:23am
Well.

We've said that there's no prom for mothers, they need to mind their babies and she's minding her baby

A blanket would've been more discreet and if she'd used one, she'd probably get hand claps all around, deservedly

Posted By: rickysrose
Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 1:28am
I like the idea of pumping and bottling breastmilk, so daddy, grandma, etc can feed the baby sometimes too

Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 1:29am
she at least could have covered up with a very light material or something...

Posted By: rell85
Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 1:52am
Baby gotta eat... congrats to her!!!

Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 2:09am
[QUOTE=NARSAddict]
Farting and belching does not equal breastfeeding in public.  Inhaling microscopic particles of feces is way worse than feeding a hungry baby.  I was weirded out seeing an woman breastfeeding her baby when I was hoping on the trolley thing at Disney World.  But ironically I wouldn't have noticed it until she was staring at me extra hard at me when I saw the empty seat beside her.  I guess she was expecting me to make a scene.

Didn't say it equated breast feeding. I just said it was natural. I really don't feel strongly about this I'm pro healthy baby so..... Like said I'm not mad.

Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 2:12am
LOL I don't like many people kissing in public, I don't like plenty of things. But will I tear this girl apart for breastfeeding. NO it's just not that serious. She did this for attention pure and simple. Who cares really though? People do plenty for attention.

Posted By: danieb23
Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 2:42am
It's not that serious...
and for everyone saying pump and use a bottle, it's not that simple. Some babies don't take bottles, some mothers don't express milk through pumping, etc, etc.

Let her feed her baby. She's not hurting anyone except those who have over-sexualized breast and aren't mature enough to accept that they're tools for nourishment.

I would love to see some posters eat in a dirty a** bathroom or under a hot blanket

Posted By: eanaj5
Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 3:52am
there is a time and a place for everything
cover that sh*t up or excuse urself

if it has to do with a bodily fluid/secretion, it should be done behind closed doors

fck yall feminazi bs

a time and a place

Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 4:26am
Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

lol @ "time and place"CryLOL

the time is when the baby's hungry...babies don't give no *&%^$#@Es about your schedule...come on now

and the place is where the mum can feed it...kinda hard to "excuse urself" in a crowd of hundreds of people at an outdoor graduation

so i guess she's screwed if she had to go pee then right? i guess she'd have to pop a squat right there on the lawn huh? cuz the time is when her bladder says its time, right?

that baby aint gonna starve in the 5 min it will take for her to get to a bathroom to handle business in, yall reaching

Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 4:35am
we can ooooh aaah rihannas boobs but when someone uses their boobs for what they're actually for...its cover it up. lmao.

Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 4:36am
why not? I honestly dont see why they dont have free standing stalls in womens bathrooms for this purpose tbh.

And ftr, i hope the women in here who say that tatas should be viewed in a non sexual manner stay consistent. If your 17 y.o daughter wants to lay out in the pool sans bikini top you dont get defensive or your children come across a tv program in which breasts are on full display (Rated R movie, rated MA tv show) that yall dont rush to change the channel or cover their eyes, ijs...

Posted By: Missvw
Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 4:47am
Totally inappropriate! End of

Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 4:47am
lmao, because outside where there is 10x the amount of bacteria around is better?
She doesnt have to touch a thing in the bathroom if she doesnt want to.
Guhl bye. Like I said, if it has to do with bodily fluids it should be done behind closed doors/discreetly.

Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 4:50am
and please, tell me what mothers did for baby  feeding time prior to good hygienic practices?
And unless grad mom washed her hands before whippin out her tit, she more than likely had fecal matter on her hands too...

Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 4:57am

we can ooooh aaah rihannas boobs but when someone uses their boobs for what they're actually for...its cover it up. lmao.

head shot

Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 5:14am

I like how you avoided my question...would you eat where you sh*t or nah? mmm didn't think soLOL

faecal matter can/does spray in the air in bathrooms...she doesn't have to touch anything to come in contact with it

...not even comparable to the"10x the amount of bacteria" outside especially given the fact that the baby's immune system is still developing

lol but you tried it I'll give you thatLOL

im sorry, when does mother's milk come into contact with the air in the bathroom? not comparable to an adult eating a sandwich in the bathroom where the food is directly exposed to air. but YOU tried it though.
and i see you skirted a few of my statements, very telling

Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 5:16am
nothing to let go of, i made my general statement and you took a bite. now i cant come defend my thoughts when you addressed me specifically? nah shordy, you can let go now.

Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 5:22am
It's not a titty if you can't see a nipple

Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 5:24am

Who's really reaching? Body fluid secretion? That's a first.

Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 5:31am
Regardless of how anyone feels, this stiiillll isn't that serious!

::waits for proof pics of BHM eating in a sh*tty bathroom::

Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 5:37am

Don't come in here calling out hypocrisy!!
Ratchet Rihanna can do what she wants!! Rules don't apply to her

Oh, and GTFOH to all that fit the above profile. K? Thanks
-Management   

Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 5:44am

Originally posted by danieb23 danieb23 wrote:

Who's really reaching? Body fluid secretion? That's a first.

and eating in the stall...you know it's different if you're not eating a sammichStern Smile

as if the baby doesn't take it's mouth of the nip occassionally or breathe in microscopic sh*t through its nose but I digressStern Smile

Gurrrrlll,
Don't come in here making sense!!

I'll say one thing, if the next chick wants to breast feed her baby in a filthy public bathroom, that's THEIR decision!! But I DARE someone to come with some body fluid nonsense when I whip the DD's out and feed junior. I'll promptly ask them how many boxes of diapers they're buying this month.
None? Oh, ok. Move along

Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 7:46am
Not sure why she is doing that there. That's like changing a babie's diaper at that time. You'd normally excuse yourself at that type of function.

And why is she taking a pic and then posting it on the internet?

This has nothing to do with age. Cheers to her for breastfeeding. 

Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 7:50am

you saying she should feed the baby in the bathroom?

She could have pumped milk since she new she was going to graduation. I don't get it

Posted By: Bribby
Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 7:54am
You go little mama

& why are those tweets talking about 3rd period, she graduated from college smh, social media so ignorant

Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 7:55am
Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

She could have pumped milk since she new she was going to graduation. I don't get it

Maybe the baby drank all the milk and she didn't have time to pump

Posted By: Brjasuga51
Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 7:55am
social media is going to be the death of some people. This could have be done and a pic not taken and posted on ig/facebook. But noooooooooooo that would be too normal

Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 7:56am
Originally posted by Bribby Bribby wrote:

Maybe the baby drank all the milk and she didn't have time to pump

I think it is weird at a graduation. My sisters brought their pumps with them. If she didn't pump enough and the baby was hungry, that was poor planning and I doubt that is the case. 

Feeding a baby while the ceremony is doing the most, whether you are lazy as fck and using bottled formula, or you are a proper breast feeder.

Like I said, I would feel the same way if she brought a wipes and a diaper and changed them in her seat. The dad/fam should have been holding the baby and taking care of that. 

Posted By: iliveforbhm
Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 7:58am
She a ratchet for all of that she trying to let these niccas know it's on.

Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 7:58am

maybe she's breastfeeding exclusively...I know some mothers who don't give their child a bottle at all even for breast milk

if I have kids, pumping would def be an option just for the sake of convenience and so other people (dad etc.) can bond with but I know it's not for everybody

Honestly, if she is breastfeeding exclusively, I can understand, but I don't get that. How do you work and breastfeed exclusively? Unless you are a stay at home mom, it doesn't seem sustainable. That's another topic though. 

Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 7:59am
Originally posted by iliveforbhm iliveforbhm wrote:

She a ratchet for all of that she trying to let these niccas know it's on.

get your so unoriginal ass the fck out of here. 

Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 8:00am
Originally posted by Bribby Bribby wrote:

Some people can't afford pumps that are portable lol, I had one you had to plug in and it was huge.
I was just lazy though after pumping so much I got tired of it and said eff it.

My baby would refuse formula, so I'd have to breastfeed her wherever we were when we went out, it was pretty uncomfortable, but it's normal.

Kudos to you for breastfeeding :)
And everyone else in this thread that does/did.Clap

Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 8:01am
Some people can't afford pumps that are portable lol, I had one you had to plug in and it was huge.
I was just lazy though after pumping so much I got tired of it and said eff it.

My baby would refuse formula, so I'd have to breastfeed her wherever we were when we went out, it was pretty uncomfortable, but it's normal.

Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 8:02am
I meant breastfeeding with out pumping. 

I would breast feed as much as possible, and pump when needed. If I had a baby, I'd cry if I had to give him/her formula.
I don't even want to do whole milk when it's time. 

Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 8:03am

maybe she's breastfeeding exclusively...I know some mothers who don't give their child a bottle at all even for breast milk

if I have kids, pumping would def be an option just for the sake of convenience and so other people (dad etc.) can bond with but I know it's not for everybody

Honestly, if she is breastfeeding exclusively, I can understand, but I don't get that. How do you work and breastfeed exclusively? Unless you are a stay at home mom, it doesn't seem sustainable. That's another topic though. 

I went to school full time & breastfed exclusively for 14 months. Pumping and being to that baby when they need it is key!

Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 8:07am

Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 8:22am
All you people saying she could've pumped at home before graduation sound hella silly. 1st off do you see how huge her jugs are. Breast milk is produced every second. I pumped all the time and it felt like I never pumped at all. She could've been prepared and the baby could've drank all the milk that she pumped. Who wants to hear a crying baby at a hot, long, dry arse graduation??? Not I said the cat. I'm proud of her making it to graduation with a new born baby and feeding that baby when nature called. I see's nothing wrong with what she did. 

Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 8:25am
She's talking about not pumping, exclusively breastfeeding.
But if all the milk is from the breast, pumping or not, it's still exclusively breastfeeding..

Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

All you people saying she could've pumped at home before graduation sound hella silly. 1st off do you see how huge her jugs are. Breast milk is produced every second. I pumped all the time and it felt like I never pumped at all. She could've been prepared and the baby could've drank all the milk that she pumped. Who wants to hear a crying baby at a hot, long, dry arse graduation??? Not I said the cat. I'm proud of her making it to graduation with a new born baby and feeding that baby when nature called. I see's nothing wrong with what she did.  

EXACTLY! It hurts NOT to pump at times because they get so full! Luckily I'm a little a cup lol & C at the time.

Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 8:26am
How do we sound silly. I am not saying, that thirty minutes before she left graduation she should have pumpedConfused

You can pump all the time and keep breast milk for months. Either way, you are right that she could've pumped, but I doubt she did. She seemed like she purposely did this and purposely took the photo op. 

I just think the latter was in bad taste. 

Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 8:36am
Nah Nita.... Think back to when you went to graduation. you have to be there at 8:30 in the morning. Ceremony starting at 11 right. So she pumped at 7:30 before going to graduation. ceremony starts at 11 and the ceremony takes atleast 3 hours. Speeches and all. Ain't no way a baby will be ok with eating the next meal at 4pm. No Ma'am. The person that took the picture just caught her while she was feeding. Its not like she said hey everyone look at me i'm breast feeding my baby!!!

Its unrealistic. She could've pumped and the baby could've wanted more milk. hmmm what do you do?

Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 8:41am
So I tried to do a quick pump and ran out of milk. 

excused myself and breast fed. It's not like "I" would walk across stage with a baby on my nip. I wouldn't have taken a photo either, just like if I were changing my child at a graduation. 

Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 8:44am
Originally posted by danieb23 danieb23 wrote:

Don't come in here calling out hypocrisy!!
Ratchet Rihanna can do what she wants!! Rules don't apply to her

Oh, and GTFOH to all that fit the above profile. K? Thanks
-Management   

i ignored ice's post because it wasnt relavent to me since i dont ooohh and ahhh over other women's naked body parts but since u wanna make a connection that isnt there let me clarify the bold

Posted By: goodm3
Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 8:44am
Originally posted by femmefatale85 femmefatale85 wrote:

this. She knew what she was doing by (1) posing for the picture and (2) sharing it on fb.....

Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 8:49am
It seems like some one did just be like "HEY look up" hahaha & snapped the pic.

Posted By: niecy
Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 9:01am
Even though I don't think she should've taken a pic of her breastfeeding I hate when people say it's inappropriate to breastfeed somewhere. When exactly is it the appropriate time to breastfeed your hungry baby? 

Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 9:02am
Originally posted by niecy niecy wrote:

Even though I don't think she should've taken a pic of her breastfeeding I hate when people say it's inappropriate to breastfeed somewhere. When exactly is it the appropriate time to breastfeed your hungry baby? 
niecy what is the baby doing in your avi ? LOL Really growing. I can't wait to see her .

Posted By: niecy
Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 9:05am

niecy what is the baby doing in your avi ? LOL Really growing. I can't wait to see her .

LOL Climbing on the dog! lol

Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 9:11am

LOL Climbing on the dog! lol
ShockedLOLHeart

Posted By: AwesomeAries
Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 9:14am
It's not her breastfeeding that bothers me I wish she was more discreet
It's people feeling the need to share every aspect of their lives with the internet
Somethings should remain private

Posted By: danni7
Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 10:07am
sstttuuuuppppsssss
Guess who has a one year old who refuses to drink formula
Guess who breastfeeds on demand, anytime, anywhere

All day everyday with no care in the world cause when my daughter gets her titi she  is all like 

So when I read threads like this and realize that breastfeeding bothers people I'm all like 

Posted By: Az~Maverick
Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 11:09am
Babies are gonna want to eat, no matter what's going on, they could give 2 shyts about what you're doing 'cuz dangit......they're HUNGRY! LOL

I can understand that.....I get it!

But to take a picture of an intimate moment between mom and baby and post it on the social media, I don't understand the purpose of that.

Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 11:15am
I would be afraid to post a picture like that in our crazy world . I bet some really sick people sent her comments . You never know .

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 11:16am
Damn...I'm actually agreeing with Maysay. I really don't see the big deal.

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 11:23am
Originally posted by eanaj5 eanaj5 wrote:

why not? I honestly dont see why they dont have free standing stalls in womens bathrooms for this purpose tbh.

And ftr, i hope the women in here who say that tatas should be viewed in a non sexual manner stay consistent. If your 17 y.o daughter wants to lay out in the pool sans bikini top you dont get defensive or your children come across a tv program in which breasts are on full display (Rated R movie, rated MA tv show) that yall dont rush to change the channel or cover their eyes, ijs...

this sounds sooo disgusting.  

there's no way i would ever go into a public bathroom to feed my child.  makes me want to gag.

Posted By: JasmineE02
Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 11:25am
This all could have been avoided if we stopped giving a sh*t about when and how women breastfeed. LOL  

Posted By: _ConcreteRose_
Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 11:31am
Originally posted by AshBash89 AshBash89 wrote:

Damn...I'm actually agreeing with Maysay. I really don't see the big deal.
Me neither. She aint hurtin no one, why should I care that she took this pic?

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 11:33am
I don't see the problem either.

Posted By: Ladycoils
Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 11:36am
Her breast! I guess that baby needed to eat. 

Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 11:53am

Many folk are against posting the picture . I used a cover to avoid sick looks men would give me . I understand both sides.  . Several of the male grads felt uncomfortable . We are talking about young men . I think she made a mistake by posting the picture on any part of facebook . People search all topics . I would feel uncomfortable exposing my entire breast to men in public , but women do it everyday for fashion . I wish more young mother's would loose the pacifier/ bottle and breastfeed if possible . I quit after 2 weeks due to the pain . Sorry . Cry 

Posted By: JasmineE02
Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 11:54am
babies >> uncomfortable men LOL

Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 11:58am
People should close their eyes or turn the opposite direction cos its lunch time for my baby.

Print Page | Close Window