Print Page | Close Window

Is she bleaching?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=371339
Printed Date: Jun 17 2019 at 11:46pm

Topic: Is she bleaching?
Posted By: hauteshellbi
Subject: Is she bleaching?
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 10:17pm
What say you bhm

“Lately it’s been going around talking about I bleach my skin [laughs]. You know, I don’t know if it’s the blonde hair,” she said with a laugh as she acknowledged the rumor.

The truth is that her skin tone now is closer to her natural complexion, and any change is just the result of her breaking one of her old habits.

“What a lot of people don’t know is that I used to—I’m a big, big, big, huge fan of tanning. I love to tan because I love the sun. I love the water,” LaTavia explained. “Once my mother got diagnosed with breast cancer—it was something that we used to do together—I definitely stepped back from that and I don’t tan as much.”

After

Replies:
Posted By: f8dagrate
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 10:19pm
Can't tell.But her face make-up looks messed up either way.

Posted By: foxyroy19
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 10:22pm
Better makeup...

Posted By: MizzAmirah
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 10:23pm
Looks like she is, moderately, yes......along with improved lighting and makeup.

Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 10:24pm
she has the arms of a white woman now 

Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 10:24pm
No . Too many red tones in her foundation with white powder .

Posted By: Katrenia
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 10:26pm
Hard to say, it could be the flash, lighting or makeup.

Posted By: thewonderfulwa
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 10:46pm
I don't think so just bad makeup & lighting.

Posted By: femmefatale85
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 10:54pm
when i was younger, i chose to be her in the group because she was short and dark skinned

i saw her mom was pretty light, but she's definitely gotten lighter imo

Posted By: Journey94
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:23pm
Just her makeup. Her legs are the same color as when she was young. However it's the same thing to me, she's still purposely making herself lighter. I was confused about who she was when I say a glimpse of her on there. I knew her face but she was light skinned so I thought I was confusing Latavia with someone else lol.

She's lying about that tanning crap

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:25pm
BHM has me examining everyone's knuckles for signs and clues.LOL

Originally posted by hauteshellbi hauteshellbi wrote:

“What a lot of people don’t know is that I used to—I’m a big, big, big, huge fan of tanning. I love to tan because I love the sun. I love the water,” LaTavia explained. “Once my mother got diagnosed with breast cancer—it was something that we used to do together—I definitely stepped back from that and I don’t tan as much.”Geek

Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:39pm
Lol yea I was looking at her hands too

she was brown before but when I saw her on r&b divas shes light skin now and bleachers love a blonde wig

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:42pm
I always thought that Letoya was the prettiest. Bey's make-up in that first pic..and I don't think Latavia is bleaching but I did think Sanya Richards Ross was for a minute.

Posted By: ThatGurlD
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:47pm
Breast cancer and tanning huh?  Hmmmmm.......

I only stopped in to post that I am noticeably lighter than my younger self. Not sure if lighter is the word since I'm still dark but I went from Lupita dark to Naomi dark LOL  I think mainly because I used to use the ankle express and the sun was eating me up.  Now I'm only in the sun when I'm trying to be.  I don't know if that played a role with LaTavia's skin since it's more drastic.
http://nairobiwire.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/naomi-lupita.jpg" rel="nofollow">naomi-lupita
http://nairobiwire.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/naomi-lupita.jpg" rel="nofollow - http://nairobiwire.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/naomi-lupita.jpg" rel="nofollow -

Posted By: Diane (35)
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:51pm
Interesting cause our bleachers love a black wig/weave. only #1 cant find a #2 for $Hit, id have to run around town looking for my hair in number 2 cause every backside gyal wants to be "brown"

CC knuckles, the waterline of the eyes, ears, hairline give them away. Hardest places to "come" are the kuckles, knees and feet (not legs) feet

She can play Tichina Arnold if there's ever a need for someone to play Tichina Arnold look at that pic in the leopard

is tone the girl toning - she got rid of her permatan and now her true complexion is coming out.

Posted By: ScorpioLuv
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:52pm
Kinda looks like it, she's lighter now

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 12:04am
Just a nose job.

Posted By: Joja1107
Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 12:20am
How many black ppl are actually tanning in this world right now?? Let alone in 90's when light skin was all the way in? Come on nah. She's lying about that one. 
I didn't think...or she doesnt look like she bleaches cuz I'm lighter from when I was younger too.
So this makes me question her now since I feel she is lying about the tanning.

Posted By: rickysrose
Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 12:21am
'bout tanning

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 12:31am
Originally posted by Joja1107 Joja1107 wrote:

How many black ppl are actually tanning in this world right now?? Let alone in 90's when light skin was all the way in? Come on nah. She's lying about that one. 
I didn't think...or she doesnt look like she bleaches cuz I'm lighter from when I was younger too.
So this makes me question her now since I feel she is lying about the tanning.

Was it?

Posted By: NARSAddict
Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 12:34am
I remember her saying that Matthew Knowles coerced her into tanning because he wanted Beyonce to be the lightest one after she was kicked out of the group.  I remember years back there was a pic of Beyonce wearing a black wrap dress and she was sporting a extra light shade of blonde and folks on here was screaming that she was bleaching.

Posted By: rell85
Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 1:54am
Nope they all darkies standin next to the queen.

Posted By: NJHairLuv
Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 4:01am
Originally posted by NARSAddict NARSAddict wrote:

I remember her saying that Matthew Knowles coerced her into tanning because he wanted Beyonce to be the lightest one after she was kicked out of the group.

*I remember that too^^^
*Papa Knowles used to make them go jogging outdoors and sing while they jog to build endurance and that TX heat will tan you quickly too
*Im much darker than I was when I was younger due to much more leisure time on the beach, etc. For some people, it is the opposite and they were darker during their youth from being outside all day playing and they are now constantly indoors due to work hours.
*She is clearly doing chemical peels like everyone in show biz. The combination of chemical peels + 'beat face' contour & highlighting make up is instant whitening. Lets stop being coy, no matter if you are black white or in between, 'beat face' make up makes a woman pale as fuk.

Posted By: Blac1Chyna
Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 5:34am
she looks ABOUT the same complexion

she wasn't that dark skinned and she isn't that light skinned now. its possible her old skin tone was partly due to the texas sun and now she exfoliates and eats better and stays out of the sun

she doesn't have that unhealthy grayish bleach tinge

Posted By: Brjasuga51
Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 7:46am
I cant tell...the different lightings from cameras...and her makeup is way off

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 7:56am
Originally posted by hauteshellbi hauteshellbi wrote:

she has the arms of a white woman now 

A Dark white woman? Im lighter than her armsCry

LOL

Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 8:32am
I don't think shes bleaching. Shes just not in the sun as much anymore.

Posted By: goodm3
Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 9:14am
I don't think any black women on the face of planet could line up 10 pictures of herself over a 10year+ time span and look the EXACT same complexion in every picture...it just not realistic. We tan...we get pale....we take pictures standing directly under lights....we take pictures standing under a cloud....we have on the wrong foundation...we use banana powder....

ish happens...

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 11:44am
Light colored banana powder on brown skin and darker needs to die. If I see it one more chalky time on youtube...LOL

Posted By: NJHairLuv
Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 12:55pm
i look forward to her new music. i hope that she removes the pancake makeup and reps for the dark brown girls. she has always been very beautiful & talented.

Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 12:58pm
Yall think evvvvvverrrrrrrrybody is bleaching

Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 1:10pm
She is very pretty on the show, she doesn't photograph well at all.
Her skin color on the show looks natural.

Print Page | Close Window