Print Page | Close Window

Pregnant women working?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=371327
Printed Date: Oct 22 2017 at 3:07pm


Topic: Pregnant women working?
Posted By: Blac1Chyna
Subject: Pregnant women working?
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:17am
How do you feel about pregnant women having to work? I don't want to have to work while I'm pregnant. I think a woman should just be able to relax and be leisurely during her pregnancy. she shouldn't have to work unless of course its something with no labor and she feels like it. I would be pissed if I got pregnant and had to work because my husband couldn't afford to take care of me. It's kind of scary because there are so many physical things a woman has to deal with while being with child so why add job stess on top of that?



Replies:
Posted By: Princess Grace
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:20am
They just had this discussion in If you Need Daycare you Dont deserve kids or something like that thread. It didnt end well....


Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:23am
Pregnancy is not a handicap or a disability. It's better for a woman's body to stay physically active during pregnancy.

That's not counting women who have pregnancy related complications, of course.


Posted By: Bribby
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:37am
I didn't work while I was pregnant. I got way too sick and when I returned to my job they were not working with me so I just quit.
I know a lot of moms around my age (not married), they worked up until the couldn't anymore and feel like they're proving some point... that's fine for them. 
Some who even have 2 jobs, because they really need the money.
& i know some who didn't, I wouldn't recommend 2 jobs.
I enjoyed taking it easy. 


Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:43am
Power couple ftw.


Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:43am
In the UK.. Most women choose to work with 6 months mat leave 3 subsidised by the govt

A friend who works in the city said she wanted longer but didn't want a gap in her cv.

My wife will decide if she wants to or not


Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:46am
Either marry someone whos income allows you the luxury or save the money until you can.


Posted By: femmefatale85
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:58am
i'd want to work...unless i had a really bad pregnancy

but every pregnant woman i've encountered works as long as possible; pregnancy isn't a handicap


Posted By: maysay1
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 12:01pm
You deserve to be sterilized and your child should be given to richer, smarter, more responsible white parents who can raise it properly if you work while pregnant.


Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

In the UK.. Most women choose to work with 6 months mat leave 3 subsidised by the govt

A friend who works in the city said she wanted longer but didn't want a gap in her cv.

My wife will decide if she wants to or not
Ahhh . I can't wait for the wedding . LOLHeart


Posted By: Yardgirl
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

You deserve to be sterilized and your child should be given to richer, smarter, more responsible white parents who can raise it properly if you work while pregnant.

http://s80.photobucket.com/user/lashyja82/media/Emoticons/well-damn.png.html" rel="nofollow">


Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

You deserve to be sterilized and your child should be given to richer, smarter, more responsible white parents who can raise it properly if you work while pregnant.
You can't participate in the topic . Mrs . India . Cry


Posted By: iBetYouhNvNika
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 12:31pm


I stopped working at 5 months. I hated my job. The scheduling was crazy. They had me working 12+ hour shifts. I would work night shifts then morning/day shifts. I'd get home at 5am to have to return at 12 .+ the commute was 2 hours long!! Funny thing is after I quit I missed working!

It kept me busy, & working is something you get accustomed to. Its great to have your own income. I feel as if my SO is giving me an allowance when he gives me money lol.


Posted By: AmiliaCabral
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 12:36pm

A pregnant security guard who works in my building worked up until she went into labor and came back to work two days later. Now that's some sh*t I won't do. Most of the women I know had to work through their pregnancies, whether they wanted to or not.



Posted By: danni7
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 12:40pm
My job is non stressful, I don't have to go in everyday. I went to work a few hours before I gave birth. And after I gave birth I felt energized like I could go to work later that day. My husband takes care of majority of the bills but I like having my own money to handle MY things.

And even if my situation was different, why would I be pissed if my husband couldn't handle ALL the bills alone? 
1) We got pregnant together knowing our situation
2) I should know whether I married a lazy bum or not and it would determine my willingness to procreate with him
3) I know life never goes how we expect so I would suck it up and do what I have to do

Being pregnant doesn't give women the excuse to be lazy. Pregnancy is not a sickness or disability, why would you want to do nothing for 9 months!!


Posted By: NARSAddict
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by Blac1Chyna Blac1Chyna wrote:

How do you feel about pregnant women having to work? I don't want to have to work while I'm pregnant. I think a woman should just be able to relax and be leisurely during her pregnancy. she shouldn't have to work unless of course its something with no labor and she feels like it. I would be pissed if I got pregnant and had to work because my husband couldn't afford to take care of me. It's kind of scary because there are so many physical things a woman has to deal with while being with child so why add job stess on top of that?



I feel pity for those who work in jobs in which they are on their feet all day.  But then again some people are built Ford tough so they can deal with it.  Some people can withstand stress regardless of their if they are pregnant or not.  But for some folks, pregnancy in general is not an easy thing to go through.  I think of those who have the pregnancy-induced HBP are the ones that should be careful.  But I figure that my great grandmother or earlier was probably pounding yams like business as usual, seven months preggers and a couple of children on the teat *shrugs*. 


Posted By: Blac1Chyna
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 12:48pm
I saw these really nice pregnant woman at Walmart and I felt bad. she was a skinny little thing but her stomach was huge, had to be at least 7 months. we chatted a little bit, she was sweet and adorable. her baby daddy out to be ashamed of himself


I plan on morphing into a rich white woman when I get pregnant. I aint doing sh*t but having my hair braided because perms are bad for the baby, watching my shows and working out a little. but not working...well maybe up until 3-4 months. then I will just use my maternity leave and vacation.

I think it should be mandatory that companies have at least 1 year of maternity leave for women


Posted By: rell85
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 12:51pm
Life goes on unless they're put on bed rest nothing is wrong with pregnant women working hell might motivate some to work.


Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 12:58pm
i'd prefer to work.  i'll already have to be with the baby everyday after they're born.  that will be my last time for ultimate freedom.


Posted By: Princess Grace
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by Blac1Chyna Blac1Chyna wrote:

I saw these really nice pregnant woman at Walmart and I felt bad. she was a skinny little thing but her stomach was huge, had to be at least 7 months. we chatted a little bit, she was sweet and adorable. her baby daddy out to be ashamed of himself


I plan on morphing into a rich white woman when I get pregnant. I aint doing sh*t but having my hair braided because perms are bad for the baby, watching my shows and working out a little. but not working...well maybe up until 3-4 months. then I will just use my maternity leave and vacation.

I think it should be mandatory that companies have at least 1 year of maternity leave for women

the boldedConfused


Posted By: purpulicious01
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 12:59pm
Love the field I'm in (counseling), but don't plan on working 9-5 when I'm expecting. 

Advice to the ladies: if you plan on staying home when expecting or after children, make sure you are your SO are on the same page beforehand. 

I know of women who wanted to stay home, but found out, after the fact, that their husbands wanted them to work.


Posted By: Princess Grace
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 1:03pm
Gets out my iron man suit, but uhhhh


 Some people just be skeeting and luxuriating in the wetspot with they mattress and box spring on the floor, blunt wrap on the crate next to the bed and a pint of remy, and a bootleg copy of  playing on the dvd player not worrying about wtf they gone do afterwards. 


Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 1:04pm
can you only be a power couple if both work?
We consider ourselves a power couple.  Am I using   phrases wrong again? lol


Posted By: Blac1Chyna
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 1:04pm
i do NOT want a man who wants me to work!! i want my kids to go to daycare for socialization but i wont be working like i used to. do you think it will be easy finding an African American man who go for that? most of them seem to want a woman to work 2 jobs and do backflips like superwomen so idk how they feel about this pampered white woman lifestyle im tryna have


Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by Blac1Chyna Blac1Chyna wrote:

i do NOT want a man who wants me to work!! i want my kids to go to daycare for socialization but i wont be working like i used to. do you think it will be easy finding an African American man who go for that? most of them seem to want a woman to work 2 jobs and do backflips like superwomen so idk how they feel about this pampered white woman lifestyle im tryna have


LOL
LOL


Posted By: Wildfire
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by Bribby Bribby wrote:

I didn't work while I was pregnant. I got way too sick and when I returned to my job they were not working with me so I just quit.
I know a lot of moms around my age (not married), they worked up until the couldn't anymore and feel like they're proving some point... that's fine for them. 


Many women work up o the last minute in order not to eat into their maternity leave. They want to spend as much time with LO before having to return to work. When you cut a month out of that before delivery, thats one month less with baby. If youre ill, then thats understandable.
If a woman can work, and has the go ahead from obgyn, then i dont see the problem


Posted By: Wildfire
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:


yeah leave plays a part too

I think being a stay at home mom is wonderful, but some do women choose to work or have to work and I don't see why we can't just look at the pros and cons of both situations

you have to pick what works best for you and your family and your goals




 
Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

Pregnancy is not a handicap or a disability. It's better for a woman's body to stay physically active during pregnancy.

That's not counting women who have pregnancy related complications, of course.




Posted By: rickysrose
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 1:13pm
I don't know if maysay is finally saying what she always meant 

Or not 



Posted By: purpulicious01
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 1:15pm
America needs A LOT of improvement on it's maternity leave. 

Many business/companies also view starting a family as detrimental to employees' productivity. 

I know of women who lost their jobs because their bosses (always men) discovered they were expecting and thought it would interfere with their work. 

Just another reason why we need more women in leadership positions, especially within companies.

Mommy friendly companies are vital to career women being successful. 


Posted By: Blac1Chyna
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 1:19pm
how can maternity leave issues be changed? not just in 1 company but overall/...i never gave this issue a thought but i might want to have kids some time in the near future and this is worrying me. 3-4 months just isn't enough time and you shouldn't have to use your vacation as maternity leave, that's just not fair.


Posted By: rickysrose
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 1:26pm
Every Mom deserves strong financial, emotional, active support

It just isn't reality, every mom doesn't have a wealthy husband or wealthy family or a sugar daddy

And just have to do what they do

Ideal? No, but many make it just fine




Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 1:27pm
President Obama made every effort to help with maternity leave , but the fools fail to pass many of the bills . I would advise any first time mom to stay home for the first 6 months if possible . I can't describe the feeling of bonding with your baby . Now if you are on the bus stop with 5 toddlers and a infant , while the man drives around in a benz ? I can't stand with you .  Leave that dog . Work pt while attending some type of school . I agree with purpul .. Heart 


Posted By: purpulicious01
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by Blac1Chyna Blac1Chyna wrote:

how can maternity leave issues be changed? not just in 1 company but overall/...i never gave this issue a thought but i might want to have kids some time in the near future and this is worrying me. 3-4 months just isn't enough time and you shouldn't have to use your vacation as maternity leave, that's just not fair.

^ Read The Price of Motherhood: Why The World's Most Important Job is Still the Least Valued.

In one part of the book, the author specifically discusses how our companies aren't accepting of mothers (from negative attitudes towards mom to inadequate maternity leave) and she gives suggestions on improving the issue overall.

Great book.



Posted By: purpulicious01
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 1:33pm
We could learn a thing or two from some European countries regarding their paternal leave.

Some countries, (i.e. Denmark and Finland if I remember correctly) give adequate maternal and paternal leave, with benefits.

In the book, the author compares our maternal leave to that of other countries and shows where we are lacking. 



Posted By: TexturizedDiva
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 1:36pm
I'd prefer not to work, however 2-income households are almost a necessity at this point. 
 
My mother worked while she was pregnant with me, however her employer was understanding and let her close her office door and take an hour long nap each day.


Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 1:36pm
The US needs to adjust their parental leave.
That being said I would work when I'm pregnant..

Does everyone hate their jobs here lol?
I like home but I took an extra long weekend and I was wondering about what was happening at work and if anyone was taking my clients.

I don't hate being at work.
I like it so unless there are health restrictions I will probably work a while into my pregnancy.


Posted By: TexturizedDiva
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 1:38pm
It also depends on the job.  The worst I saw was a nurse who was in her 8th or 9th month who didn't know when to take a break.  She could barely do anything for her patients and had to call for help.


Posted By: JulieGianni
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 1:38pm
I worked up to my due date for both of my pregnancies.  I have two children under the age of 5 and I work full-time from home.  Not working has never been option in my marriage - but for long term reasons. I worked to hard to get to where I am professionally.  Dropping out of the workforce would just about guarantee that I would NEVER be able reenter at the same level or pay grade.  Also, the money I make now goes towards retirement and future savings for our kids.

Unless you and your S/O come from generational money, or your S/O is seriously independently wealthy (as in hedge fund billionaire money) I cannot fathom taking care of a child on one pay check.


Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 1:41pm
It will get better when a more family centric model is adopted vs. the patriarchal model used today.

Higher incomes for women mean a higher family income. Maternal and paternal leave can be staggered so that children can bond with both parents without de stabilizing the family income.



Posted By: lanae
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by Blac1Chyna Blac1Chyna wrote:

i do NOT want a man who wants me to work!! i want my kids to go to daycare for socialization but i wont be working like i used to. do you think it will be easy finding an African American man who go for that? most of them seem to want a woman to work 2 jobs and do backflips like superwomen so idk how they feel about this pampered white woman lifestyle im tryna have

Theyre not hard to find. Theyre usually in a STEM field w/ a similar upbringing


Posted By: Blac1Chyna
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:


on one hand we tell women to study hard, earn degrees then tell them as soon as the have a child to never work again....makes no sense

especially since many have to take out loans to get an education

i guess that depends what your career goals are and what is important to you. i wouldn't take a loan out to get my education b/c i don't like the idea of owing anyone anything. if i cant afford it thru scholarships and saving up then i just wont take it..

education is important if that's your personal goals and i would never say you should depend on a man...but yeah once i get married and have a kid im only working out of pleasure

people expect women to cook, clean, take care of kids, cat, dog, man AND WORK FULL TIME ON TOP OF THAT? chile please...whos really winning b/c it sure aint the wife. and that's even IF she gets married.a single mother has it much harder


Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:


on one hand we tell women to study hard, earn degrees then tell them as soon as the have a child to never work again....makes no sense

especially since many have to take out loans to get an education


That's what I don't get.
Like others have said, if a person has a 5-15 year gap in employment depending on how the children are spaced what hope could she ever have of actually resuming the career she left?


Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 1:50pm
I don't see him how working women don't share household duties.
Like why not?


I think it's crazy when men don't know how to do common chores or cook.

No thank


Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 1:51pm
I don't see him how working women don't share household duties.
Like why not?


I think it's crazy when men don't know how to do common chores or cook.

No thank


Posted By: Blac1Chyna
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 1:58pm
a lot of men expect women to do most of the household duties. I think a lot of them could do it if they lived on their own, but those are wifely duties that a wife or a live in gf would do. he has to pick up after himself he cant just be leaving skid marked draws on the floor, but she does the majority of the cleaning


Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 2:00pm
That's how my sister was until my daddy told my brother in law to get it together.

He's good at handling business but is lazy at home.. He's much better now..

I would actually share duties. I think it's cute to be all domestic once in a while but nah most of the time we need to completely share..
Well I wouldn't take out trash or mow( I'd be out there gardening) or move furniture and things like that...


Posted By: JulieGianni
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 2:01pm
That's why two incomes are needed.  Hire somebody to clean.


Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 2:05pm
I like cleaning and making everything tidy.
Probably bc me and my sisters had so much fun cleaning...
And bc Pintrest has cute ideas

Maybe I'll change perspective when I'm at at Super comfortable salary but I like those little things.

I don't think I'm one of those ppl who like other ppl to do everything for them.


Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 2:13pm
Lol did you let them come?


Posted By: Wildfire
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

The US needs to adjust their parental leave.
That being said I would work when I'm pregnant..

Does everyone hate their jobs here lol?

Not me. I liked working. Yes, there were days when i was just tired and wanted to lay down. But one doesnt have to be pregnant to feel like that anyway, so.LOL
I liked all the extra attention. I didnt mind at all. 
Like somebody said, its not a disability.


Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by Blac1Chyna Blac1Chyna wrote:

a lot of men expect women to do most of the household duties. I think a lot of them could do it if they lived on their own, but those are wifely duties that a wife or a live in gf would do. he has to pick up after himself he cant just be leaving skid marked draws on the floor, but she does the majority of the cleaning


I was reading an article recently  about women as the breadwinner, and it said that the more money the wife makes the more housework she does in proportion to husband.  Something about housework being considered woman’s work, and wives not wanting to  emasculate   the husband further by making him do  housework.  I was shocked.




Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 2:17pm
im not really about the cleaning, laundry, and all the house stuff - life.. i never had to do any chores or anything as a kid/teen so i just dont think its in me.. 

ill have to love the sht outta him.. or he'll be cleaning like 75% of the sht. ill help out a little. 
or cleaning ppl… yea i can def see that. even if im a sahm… i wont have time. 


Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 2:18pm
I like a clean house but I don't like doing it. I pay people to do things I can do for myself all the time. I'd rather go to work than deep clean my house. Lol


Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 2:18pm
Yeah for deep cleaning carpets and stuff I'll call somebody.
But I like household organizing and the satisfaction of making something clean and tidy.
I like cooking too.
It's fun and a bonding experience.
I cook with my boo alot

I know I sound like an old southern woman


Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 2:22pm
Lol I just moved and I didn't move a thing or put up anything . Things like that annoy me cleaning and organizing I like.

Especially a nice spring cleaning.

I'm becoming my mama


Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 2:28pm
I don't like cleaning.


Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 2:29pm
Once you have a professional packing and moving service you will never be the same.
I'd save money not to ever move myself again.



Posted By: purpulicious01
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 2:31pm
I'm the odd one out because I don't mind traditional roles. I have no issues with cooking, cleaning.

my husband = traditional role of being the provider and financially responsibility for the family.


Posted By: Diane (35)
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

can you only be a power couple if both work?
We consider ourselves a power couple.  Am I using   phrases wrong again? lol

I hatechuuuuuuuuuCryCryCryCryCryLOLLOL


Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

can you only be a power couple if both work?
We consider ourselves a power couple.  Am I using   phrases wrong again? lol

I hatechuuuuuuuuuCryCryCryCryCryLOLLOL


I'm just being silly Diane.
I know words and phrases don't mean what they used toLOL


Posted By: Marcelo22
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by purpulicious01 purpulicious01 wrote:

I'm the odd one out because I don't mind traditional roles. I have no issues with cooking, cleaning.

my husband = traditional role of being the provider and financially responsibility for the family.

u guys will stay together for a very long time Clap


Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 3:10pm
my days are numbered then lol


Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 3:11pm
i like the idea of a traditional role… 

i like the man to be the man and me to be the submissive woman in my head… 
but most of the time my mouth and actions say different. 

idk.. we'll see how i feel whenever i get there. 


Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 3:13pm
sometime those roles will switch after a few years.


Posted By: purpulicious01
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by JulieGianni JulieGianni wrote:

I worked up to my due date for both of my pregnancies.  I have two children under the age of 5 and I work full-time from home.  Not working has never been option in my marriage - but for long term reasons. I worked to hard to get to where I am professionally.  Dropping out of the workforce would just about guarantee that I would NEVER be able reenter at the same level or pay grade.  Also, the money I make now goes towards retirement and future savings for our kids.

Unless you and your S/O come from generational money, or your S/O is seriously independently wealthy (as in hedge fund billionaire money) I cannot fathom taking care of a child on one pay check.

You'd be surprised. There are many families that live comfortable off one income. 

I had only parent that worked outside the home and my family size is much larger than average. 

So it's definitely possible - it just requires financial management, budgeting, and setting clear goals. 


Posted By: Marcelo22
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

That's how my sister was until my daddy told my brother in law to get it together.

He's good at handling business but is lazy at home.. He's much better now..

I would actually share duties. I think it's cute to be all domestic once in a while but nah most of the time we need to completely share..
Well I wouldn't take out trash or mow( I'd be out there gardening) or move furniture and things like that...

The man should do all that. I expect my woman to cook 5 times out of the week, I'll throw down on the weekends. But cleaning the bathroom, kitchen, etc is all on her. I'll do other things like make sure the car washed, lawn mowed, garbage out, etc. 


Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 3:23pm
cleaning the bathroom is on the wife? Even yours? Oh no


Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 3:26pm
We paid others for the lawn and car washes too. Neither one of us wants to be traditional lol.


Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 3:27pm
^^or  has time to be


Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:


hoa cuts our lawn now

he wants to pant some different bushes and flowers

he can do all of that

I don't do plants....I'll pull weeds, that's it


you go girl LOL


Posted By: maysay1
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 3:29pm
I dont know how an adult can look at a kitchen or bathroom or whatever mess that they helped create and expect their spouse to be the only one to clean it up all the time. That doesn't make sense.

I do think division of labor into the things you are both good at or like is great though. Even better is hiring someone else to do it.


Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:


I hate seeing weeds so I must pull them out lol


I hate them too.



Posted By: Marcelo22
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 3:36pm
If my woman can't cook or clean better than me and wants me to do it, I seriously fucced up somewhere.


Posted By: Wildfire
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 3:38pm
Marcelo, you expect somebody to cook 5 consecutive days per week? Is this a working woman you're planning to have?


Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 3:50pm
I cook for myself 5 times a week.
Maybe more


Posted By: iliveforbhm
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 3:55pm
Eh whatever works out the most but a goal is that she delivers the baby not me.


Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 3:58pm
I eat everyday so I don't mind cooking everyday it's pleasure not a choose MOST of the time..
He cooks alot too.

But when I'm dog tired I eat out or for a date but I stopped eating out so much.
We used to go relentlessly.

I prefer me making something tasty opposed to someone else


Posted By: Marcelo22
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

Marcelo, you expect somebody to cook 5 consecutive days per week? Is this a working woman you're planning to have?

5 dinner meals a week is difficult? I cook everyday for myself. U don't cook for your child?

We will eat out every so often but my kids will not be raised on fast food and I like eating at home for the most part.


Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 3:59pm
we have a lawn guy that comes and cuts the grass every week… and tends to half of the backward. 

and a pool guy that comes and puts whatever chemicals in it and cleans it… 

its not hella expensive.. my husband and i will probably have that. 


Posted By: spencer4hire
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 4:00pm
I was an Accounting Manager and worked up until I delivered. I had
three months of paid maternity leave.

I didn't have a problem continuing to work.



Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 4:02pm
I don't get the lawn guy.
Maybe bc I'm from the country and ppl like tending to their own gardens and lawns.
That was a question I asked my SO.
I wouldn't like if he hired someone to cut the grass... Luckily he likes outside work


Posted By: maysay1
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 4:05pm
Cook 5 days a week?

You can cook one day and have food for the rest of the week or month.

I wish I would cook every day...that just seems like such a waste of time.


Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 4:07pm
Well if you don't like cooking maybe.
But who wants a 4 day old refrigerator steak or shrimp or any of that!
Lol

I made a delicious surf and turf yesterday.

Damn it was good


Posted By: f8dagrate
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Well if you don't like cooking maybe.
But who wants a 4 day old refrigerator steak or shrimp or any of that!
Lol


LOL I will cook 2-3 times a week tops. And hire someone ain't nobody got time for that.


Posted By: Marcelo22
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 4:11pm
folks dont got time to whip up a daily meal now Dead whats going on in the US of A


Posted By: f8dagrate
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by Marcelo22 Marcelo22 wrote:

folks dont got time to whip up a daily meal now Dead whats going on in the US of A


NIqqa said DAILY.


Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 4:12pm
Food doesn't have to take forever.
Thirty minutes or less sometimes.
I don't want to hear yall don't have thirty minutes lol


Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 4:13pm
we tend to the garden.. but they handle some landscaping and the grass 


Posted By: maysay1
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 4:14pm
Certain things don't taste great reheated, I'll give you that. But there are a lot of meals where you can make the bulk of it ahead of time. Then freeze so you have a good rotation going.

And some things, like soups and stews and greens taste better after a couple days because the flavors really need to meld.

But I really don't like cooking and I only cook for me so it's easy to make enough to last a while. Actually, it's more that I don't like doing dishes.


Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 4:15pm
But I see you as the lady on the chaise lounging by the pool with wine Coco lol.

You help garden?!


Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 4:17pm
I eat out Fridays and Saturdays.
I cook all the other times.


Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 4:18pm
No you don't most ppl don't like those things lol.

I don't mind washing dishes. When I was younger I hated all of it.
Even my mama is shocked at how much I changed.

I didn't even do major chores growing up.
I didn't cook or wash clothes until I moved to college.
My mom did that.



Posted By: smaison
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 4:19pm
i don't like cooking, i don't like cleaning. i'll make breakfast 2-3 twice a week and that's that. everything else we gotta pay someone to do. i aint got time for that.

i also would not marry or have kids for a man where its necessary for me to work. if i choose to work it will be before start showing. the only work i want to do when preggers is at the gym. 




Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 4:20pm
I  can't wait to see a few of the members post in a simalar topic after marriage and kids . Cook a big meal on sunday . You can eat for 2 /3 days depending on the menu . My husband and all the men in my hood love to cut the grass . I need another riding mower lol  . My husband helps with most things when i work doubles at the hospital , but the man can't wash dishes to save his life .
 
Thank God for the dishwasher . I hired a maid service several times and felt bad . I clean one room at a time . I am not a fan of strangers in my personal stuff . I do it myself . Hubbby never complains . Keep your kitchen and bathrooms clean . Teach your children at a young age to be tidy . Embarrassed


Posted By: rickysrose
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 4:21pm
yeah I've never been a fan of leftovers, I like fresh food so someone cooks or we eat out

And to me there's a big difference between tidying and a thorough cleaning.   We make time to tidy but don't have time for that deep cleaning, we have a lady that helps us with that






Posted By: rickysrose
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 4:23pm

If the wife HAS to work then that's no longer traditional so he has to help or chip in to pay for help





Posted By: maysay1
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 4:24pm
I'm just fundamentally lazy. I like eating out the best but I really can't do it anymore because of all the sodium.

Since I'm lazy, if I'm going to cook I'd rather just cook a bunch so I only have to cook and clean once. Like, I'd rather make 30 breakfast burritos at a time and then freeze them. Or enough baked sweet potatoes for the week so all I have to do is add condiments.

And if I can use those disposable pans and stuff I will. Environment be damned.




Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by smaison smaison wrote:

i don't like cooking, i don't like cleaning. i'll make breakfast 2-3 twice a week and that's that. everything else we gotta pay someone to do. i aint got time for that.

i also would not marry or have kids for a man where its necessary for me to work. if i choose to work it will be before start showing. the only work i want to do when preggers is at the gym. 



Yes
Yes
Yes




Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 4:25pm
It's not like I'd never ever hire someone to help with home cleaning but certainly not usually.
. I know there is a difference between tidying and cleaning.
I don't mind that part either...


Posted By: rickysrose
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 4:27pm
my husband was marveling at my Mom's thoroughness, she really does it all, seemingly effortlessly

And yes she presses everything too ... I can't tell the last time I pressed anything and I wear suits and dresses like a uniform 





Print Page | Close Window