Print Page | Close Window

Children punishment

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=371326
Printed Date: Sep 20 2017 at 7:18pm

Topic: Children punishment
Posted By: Bribby
Subject: Children punishment
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:16am
My 2 year old she talks walks and acts like a 4 year old. So when she throw tantrums people look at me crazy because she looks older.

Any who her grandma says we should spank her ( that how she raised her children), she does get spankings, but I just feel like if shes crying already why would I spank her and make her cry more she's not going to stop.
I put her in her room by herself, and she does get hit sometimes, her dad does it more than me.

I just feel like shes only 2 as well, she just looks so hurt and sad. 

Replies:
Posted By: Blac1Chyna
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:19am
Kids need spankings its good for them. they are supposed to look hurt, that's why its a punishment don't fall for that "she's too cute to punish" mess because if she act up at 2 and you don't wanna put them hands on her now imagine when she's 12...kids that haven't been beat are the worst. handle it now and get her used to having that fear of mama

Posted By: Princess Grace
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:25am
Do you feel a certain way about her dad hitting her?
Do you still live at home with parents or relatives?
Why is she having these tantrums?

Tantrums only work when you have given in to them, children are smarter than people give them credit for. 

The only persons opinion that should matter on the discipline of your child is you.

Posted By: fckwitmeuknoigotit
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:30am

spanking a 2 year old is counter productive, imho..

the best method is to put her in timeout for about 2mins and explain why or take away a toy/snack.

Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:34am
Originally posted by Blac1Chyna Blac1Chyna wrote:

Kids need spankings its good for them. they are supposed to look hurt, that's why its a punishment  don't fall for that "she's too cute to punish" mess because if she act up at 2 and you don't wanna put them hands on her now imagine when she's 12...kids that haven't been beat are the worst. handle it now and get her used to having that fear of mama

That's what she just told me, imagine if I can't control her now how it will be when she's 7 or 12.

Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

Do you feel a certain way about her dad hitting her?
Do you still live at home with parents or relatives?
Why is she having these tantrums?

Tantrums only work when you have given in to them, children are smarter than people give them credit for. 

The only persons opinion that should matter on the discipline of your child is you.

I do feel some way when she's crying so hard already and then he gives her a pop.
Yes we both live with our parents, we go over to his home when we're spending time, usually no one is there then.
Lately it's been when she can't have a juice, or can't take a shower/bath when she wants. We haven't been letting her take as many baths because she is sick and just went to the doctor, she'll take 3 baths/showers in a day if we let her.

Posted By: Princess Grace
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:41am
There is so much I want to say but it will come off as shade so I wish you guys the best. 

I will say this though, if he pops her cause she crying cause she can't have a juice I am giving you the serious side eye. 

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:51am
Originally posted by fckwitmeuknoigotit fckwitmeuknoigotit wrote:

the best method is to put her in timeout for about 2mins and explain why or take away a toy/snack.

Lmao.
They won't understand that at two.
They understand pain though.

Posted By: Benni
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 2:19pm
I don't like giving advice on child rearing, but it is called

"The terrible two's", so you're not alone.

Good Luck

Posted By: NJHairLuv
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by Benni Benni wrote:

it is called

"The terrible two's"

Good Luck

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Lmao.
They won't understand that at two.
They understand pain though.
this is true. i popped  plenty of hands in my day and all of that acting crazy has stopped.

Posted By: Wildfire
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by Bribby Bribby wrote:

My 2 year old she talks walks and acts like a 4 year old. So when she throw tantrums people look at me crazy because she looks older.

Any who her grandma says we should spank her ( that how she raised her children), she does get spankings, but I just feel like if shes crying already why would I spank her and make her cry more she's not going to stop.

You have a point. It wont do anything but make the situation worse. Campfire's just hitting 2, and she's defiant about everything. We are still trying to figure out the best way to deal with that. But spanking isnt it, for now. 

Originally posted by Bribby Bribby wrote:

I just feel like shes only 2 as well, she just looks so hurt and sad. 

ikr? sigh.

if i even raise my voice at her, i feel bad after
so its...."campfire...no, stop that. I said, stop!"...

her ...Cry..."waaaaaah!"

me..."mommy's sorry, im so sorry, forgive me?"

(((hugz....)))

what on earth did that solve except make me feel bad and make her cry?

iono man.

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 2:38pm

i agree...ppl hit kids that young because it's fast and easy.  they will connect the dots of why they are being punished with those options in the same way they'll connect the dots with a spanking...only there's not the same possibility of a negative impact.

Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 2:47pm
The kids in my family don't respond to hitting, you know the type that will laugh at you for trying. Lol

They hate being restricted from moving or isolated or not being able to play while everyone else is having fun.

Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 2:56pm
I would pop her. If that doesn't work then try restricting her. Like taking a toy away. Mommy is taking this toy away because you didn't listen. Most times they will come back and say sorry because they want that favorite toy back.

I have boys so popping them and telling them why I popped them has worked for me. I haven't had to pop the kids in 3 years. All I have to say is "I'm taking the ipad and iphones away for 1 week" and their whole world comes crumbling down.  tears, snot and everything.

Posted By: Benni
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 3:18pm
Understanding this stage of Child Development is the key to dealing with it.

The child is becoming more Independent, and is Narcissistic at this stage.

There are many ways to deal with 2-year olds.

Not every child will respond to the same form of discipline.

Understanding the change your child is going through, will better enable you to deal with her.

Posted By: P31chick
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 3:41pm
Tantrums are a way of testing how much control they have over you. They use a tantrum to get their way. So why should I be concerned about not using a good smack on the hand to get my way as a parent. We act like a 2 year old does not understand what they are doing. What a 2 year old doesn't understand is negotiation and quite frankly not a skill they need just yet. What is needed is direction. Direction leads to self discipline...self discipline to cause and effect and then later in life negotiation as long as all those factors align positively.

A pop on that hand never hurt anyone. If you dont pop now...you may have to resort to harsher punishments later. Or else you will have a child that has learned that you have a soft spot for discipline and trust they will take advantage of it.

Posted By: thewonderfulwa
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 3:54pm
1.When I found out I was preggers I knew it was time to move because family always want to impose their beliefs on HOW to raise your child.

2.It is terrible twos they'll push you to your limit but its up to you to let her know momma is the boss I think a pop is enough kids cry all the time I don't think she should be getting spankings.

Posted By: iliveforbhm
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 3:56pm

Kids need spankings its good for them. they are supposed to look hurt, that's why its a punishment don't fall for that "she's too cute to punish" mess because if she act up at 2 and you don't wanna put them hands on her now imagine when she's 12...kids that haven't been beat are the worst. handle it now and get her used to having that fear of mama

I never was beaten.

Posted By: callmeDEva
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 4:22pm
I'm going through the "Terrible Twos" as well and my mom says I should spank my son. Me and pops says no. Hell no actually.

I have wanted to swat at him but I noticed it's only when I'm getting really frustrated and impatient. And disciplining when angry is something I've never wanted to do.

When does she act up the most? My little one is a terror when he's sleepy. So making sure he stays on his sleep schedule has helped out. And ignoring him has helped out even more. Once he realizes mama ain't phased, he moves on to something else. Good luck OP.

Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 4:49pm

Please stop the man  . Men hands are stronger  . Never allow any man to hit your baby .Cry I feel a sad . Will return later . No reason to hit a baby  . Take a parenting class or books on time out . I never spank my child . India never gave me a reason , but i will take her favorite things if she acts up . My daughter is spoil and we are the blame . I can't hit a child. My pm box is open if you need tips on dealing with tantrums etc . Bribby please reconsider spanking your baby . Disapprove

Posted By: Wildfire
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by iliveforbhm iliveforbhm wrote:

I never was beaten.

a beating and spanking are not the same thing

Posted By: rell85
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 4:53pm
A pop on the thigh won't hurt her.

Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 5:01pm
Some parents have no idea what a pop means . I see babies with broken bones and serious fractures at the age in the ER often . Some are DOA . I am tired of parents talking about they only pop the baby . I am going to leave the topic . JMO .

Posted By: liesnalibis
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 5:07pm
#teambeatdatass. My niece made a fool out of us a few weeks ago throwing a huge tantrum and she was also a big two (she's three now). Their dad barely disciplines them and they are spoiled and entitled as hell.

Posted By: thewonderfulwa
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 5:16pm
Is it a reason that the child father discipline more than you???
I mean do you feel guilty when you chastise her???

Posted By: tropical-punch
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 6:47pm
2 seems awful young for a spanking

Posted By: JasmineE02
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 6:48pm
#teamsupernanny LOL

Posted By: LilMissSunshine
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 10:01pm
I pop my baby's hands when she gets violent with her tantrums (ie...she throws a tantrum and throws something). Throwing things, hitting people is so not cool. When she throws a nonviolent tantrum, I just carry on and ignore her until she realizes that I'm not going to give in to what she wants.

Posted By: Lite Brite
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 10:13pm
All I know is, I seriously hate the sounds associated with a tantrum. A whining-cry does something to my soul

So, I'll just hope my kids are like me and don't do that sh*t.

I think I'll def read some books on discipline. I need to avoid that sound by any means necessary

Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 8:48am
Her dad is pretty light with it. His mom thinks she needs the spankings, talking about a switch.
I was spanked but only one good time I can remember...
My mom doesn't hit her grandchildren I've rarely seen it, unless they get really crazy, the older ones.
So in my house no one get's hit. 
She'll get a pop from me, but I more so believe in just letting her go to her room by herself for a little while, but she just whales, it breaks my heart honestly.

I think she just likes being at home as well, she hasn't been acting up at all since she's been at my parents house & her cousins are all there for the summer, and she has her grandma...

I feel to blame because we don't have our own place and I can tell she just loves her home (at my parents) way more than being anywhere else...

Originally posted by callmeDEva callmeDEva wrote:

I'm going through the "Terrible Twos" as well and my mom says I should spank my son. Me and pops says no. Hell no actually.

I have wanted to swat at him but I noticed it's only when I'm getting really frustrated and impatient. And disciplining when angry is something I've never wanted to do.

When does she act up the most? My little one is a terror when he's sleepy. So making sure he stays on his sleep schedule has helped out. And ignoring him has helped out even more. Once he realizes mama ain't phased, he moves on to something else. Good luck OP.

Same with her mainly when she is tired, she will fight it SOO hard.

Posted By: sexyandfamous
Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 12:09pm
Do you explain to her why she can't bathe when she wants or have the juice that she wants?
Kids are smart, if you engage on conversation with them, they will understand and also improve their vocabulary.
The explanation should be before she starts crying, of course, because it is really difficult to get a kid to understand when they are throwing tantrums.
But like Benni said, she is in the Terrible Two's phase, and you need a lot of patience with her right now.

I've worked with kids, and many parents, when their kids were throwing a tantrum over something, would either continuously speak to them in a soothing tone about WHY they couldn't have or do something, or they would just let them crying, to show them that crying doesn't work. Never give in after you have said no, that's how brats are raised.Ouch

Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

Do you explain to her why she can't bathe when she wants or have the juice that she wants?
Kids are smart, if you engage on conversation with them, they will understand and also improve their vocabulary.
The explanation should be before she starts crying, of course, because it is really difficult to get a kid to understand when they are throwing tantrums.
But like Benni said, she is in the Terrible Two's phase, and you need a lot of patience with her right now.

I've worked with kids, and many parents, when their kids were throwing a tantrum over something, would either continuously speak to them in a soothing tone about WHY they couldn't have or do something, or they would just let them crying, to show them that crying doesn't work. Never give in after you have said no, that's how brats are raised.Ouch

That makes a lot of sense, I do a bit of both.
Her vocabulary for a 2 year old is out of this world, she talks better than her 4 year old cousin.
So I explain to her, but at that time she just doesn't care. 

It must be the terrible twos, and I just have to remember to keep my sanity but not give in because when we do give in she has a little smirk like she knows what shes doing, which is not good.

Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 12:24pm
two year olds around me understand timeout.

Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 12:27pm
Man Bribby you need to tap dat ass. lolLOL

Print Page | Close Window