Print Page | Close Window

Theres bleachers knuckle then theres this

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=371260
Printed Date: Sep 26 2017 at 1:51pm

Topic: Theres bleachers knuckle then theres this
Posted By: afrokock
Subject: Theres bleachers knuckle then theres this
Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 1:05am

Replies:
Posted By: f8dagrate
Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 1:08am
The Eff

Can't wait till somebody says it.................................

Posted By: liesnalibis
Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 1:10am
Ion believe it

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 1:10am
shes got man handsDeadLOL

does look fake but still...kidnapped lmaoLOLLOL

Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 1:13am
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

Ion believe it

Me either, just some more black women shaming.

Posted By: NJHairLuv
Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 1:13am
'beat face', beat up hands. don't ban me broStern Smile

Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 1:16am
Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

Who is she though? She looks like somebody but who?

Posted By: niecy
Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 1:19am
This looks fake as hell. Why does it look like they took a picture of Raven Symone or somebody and photoshopped it?

Posted By: MizzAmirah
Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 1:20am
I believe it. I see it here ALL THE TIME. I've seen worse. I thought one lady was wearing gloves before. Her face is bleached to a HIGH yellow color. 

Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 1:39am
Sad

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 1:43am
atleast she has manners

Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 1:45am
Originally posted by MizzAmirah MizzAmirah wrote:

I believe it. I see it here ALL THE TIME. I've seen worse. I thought one lady was wearing gloves before. Her face is bleached to a HIGH yellow color. 
yep..

I live in South London..

I see it all the time. The other day I was telling Diane bout a guy who was Rihanna bright but hand like rick ross at the jerk shop

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 1:46am
so that's not PShop?

wow.

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 1:46am
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

atleast she has manners

lookie here LOL

Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 1:55am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

yep..

I live in South London..

I see it all the time. The other day I was telling Diane bout a guy who was Rihanna bright but hand like rick ross at the jerk shop

Dead

This lady and another I see have bleached brighter than the future of the Obama girls. 
Their faces are lighter than LisaRaye Mccoy. Hands looking like they grind charcoal for a living.Dead 
Oh and both their feet looked burnt with light spots. It's not by force my people! Cry

Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 2:19am
Lol

Posted By: Diane (35)
Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 2:49am
I believe it. Ive seen worse im talking peach-white and peeling with dark legs. Bleaching is a process and an expensive one so you have to "come" in stages. Her skin looks good but shes in makeup i wonder what her face looks like.

What makes me confused is why her hands are so dark? just because product is usually applied with the hands (no one is bleaching with gloves) and just persons tend to  rub excess lotion on the hands, its the same for bleachers AND everybody knows the knuckles and the feet are hard to "come" so they try to start early.

Afro those were your folks not mine HMPF! I was looking at a UK boat ride and it was SCARYYYY BHM would cease to exists- clown wigs, terrible makeup, fully bleach bodies, fat ppl in swimsuits, designer outfits and heels, Afro your folks need a cleansing

Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 2:52am
Fucck that!

Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 2:58am
Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

I believe it. Ive seen worse im talking peach-white and peeling with dark legs. Bleaching is a process and an expensive one so you have to "come" in stages. Her skin looks good but shes in makeup i wonder what her face looks like.

What makes me confused is why her hands are so dark? just because product is usually applied with the hands (no one is bleaching with gloves) and just persons tend to  rub excess lotion on the hands, its the same for bleachers AND everybody knows the knuckles and the feet are hard to "come" so they try to start early.

Afro those were your folks not mine HMPF! I was looking at a UK boat ride and it was SCARYYYY BHM would cease to exists- clown wigs, terrible makeup, fully bleach bodies, fat ppl in swimsuits, designer outfits and heels, Afro your folks need a cleansing

I don't know why their hands are so dark and scruffy. My only theory is that most of the ones I see are African/Nigerian and most are nurses working over time so they wash their hand often and all the time LOL

Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 3:02am
Jamaican bleachers style (of dress) is WICKEDD! They throw on any thing, layers of clothing, stockings football socks and it is not complete without a hoody and gloves in the blazing sun hot ohhh and they may be occluding. Some love the sun(you "come faster) some shy away from it them not normal at all. If i can find a pic i'll post it,

Now what i didnt know is that chicks use the 2 following items, brace yourself!
Volume 40 developer AND/OR Hair relaxer to mix with their other creams and gels

Posted By: DiorShowGirl
Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 3:14am
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

atleast she has manners

Wink  Clap

Posted By: DiorShowGirl
Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 3:18am

Jamaican bleachers style (of dress) is WICKEDD! They throw on any thing, layers of clothing, stockings football socks and it is not complete without a hoody and gloves in the blazing sun hot ohhh and they may be occluding. Some love the sun(you "come faster) some shy away from it them not normal at all. If i can find a pic i'll post it,

Shocked   ShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShocked

Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 3:47am
Lolol wonder

I forgot the hydrogen peroxide. I knew they used bleach because thats what they always used but when i learned of those 3 i lost it. *deep sigh*

Posted By: aNgElIc*SoUl
Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 3:47am
Does say something nice week end today, or does it extend to Sunday?

Posted By: Missvw
Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 3:48am
I see that all the time, they always forget their hands and feetDead

Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 3:51am

Do you live in London?

Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 3:55am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

yep..

I live in South London..

I live in South London too Afro Smile

Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 4:20am
Lol so you already know

Posted By: Qualified
Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 6:08am
very common site in Brooklyn, I see it all the time. AWWWLLLOFTHEEETIME!

In clubs, in churches, on the train, on the street. Their is always a bleacher, reaching to new heights of bleachosity- never fails. I call these types, lazy bleachers- So youre just going to shellac that sh!t across your face and neck and say fucc dem knuckles??? Tire Lube Hands and a well lit cappuccino face and neck, very commonplace!

Posted By: Ming
Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 6:32am
Yesterday... in Brooklyn, I saw a lady approaching me, shinning. She was like a block away, it was sunny and she reflected the sun Confused I said oh god, here goes another bleacher.

We walked past each other and her feet, hands, back of her neck...cause yall know I turned around LOL were like used charcoal... black and ashy. I know she knew I was talking about her when I said have mercy on my soul but I played it off looking at my phone lol Even tho I knew what was coming... it still startled me Confused

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 6:40am
ive never seen this irl, only on youtube.  everytime i see women on yt applying makeup i wonder, why wouldnt you want your hands and face to be the same color?

Posted By: bunzaveli
Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 6:56am
maybe she was working on her car/engine, changing a spare tire. sh*t can get messy uknow ?

Posted By: iliveforbhm
Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 7:20am
She needs to finish lightening herself up.

Posted By: NuAttitude
Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 7:31am
She has gorilla hands.

Posted By: kerysdream7
Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 7:48am
Originally posted by NuAttitude NuAttitude wrote:

She has gorilla hands.

LOLCryLOL

Posted By: Brjasuga51
Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 7:51am
Ok common case in some the dancehall community nowadays. The face is white and the hands are the persons original color....sometimes even darker.

Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 7:52am
sometimes u see people and u think its 3 different people in 1...the face is white...hands brown...feet black

Posted By: AwesomeAries
Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 8:05am
It's possible go to YouTube
Type in stahr Milan
Look at his blac chyna video

Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 8:21am
Originally posted by Missvw Missvw wrote:

Do you live in London?

Nope. I'm in da states. 

Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 8:22am

Lolol wonder

I forgot the hydrogen peroxide. I knew they used bleach because thats what they always used but when i learned of those 3 i lost it. *deep sigh*

Even worse, my mom says women used to use battery acid. Shocked

Posted By: Fcgriffin
Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 8:34am
I don't understand how they miss the hands at all.  How else is the bleach being applied?

This stuff baffles me

Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 8:39am

Lolol wonder

THEY ALSO USE CURRY..YUP LIKE WHAT WE USE TO COOK

Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 8:40am
I refuse to believe those are her hands...

Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 8:40am
Originally posted by Fcgriffin Fcgriffin wrote:

I don't understand how they miss the hands at all.  How else is the bleach being applied?

This stuff baffles me
They Don't Miss the hands...they are just more focused on the face. Not knowing the knuckles...knees ...ankles are the hardest areas

Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 8:43am

Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 8:44am
Originally posted by Ming Ming wrote:

Yesterday... in Brooklyn, I saw a lady approaching me, shinning. She was like a block away, it was sunny and she reflected the sun Confused I said oh god, here goes another bleacher.

We walked past each other and her feet, hands, back of her neck...cause yall know I turned around LOL were like used charcoal... black and ashy. I know she knew I was talking about her when I said have mercy on my soul but I played it off looking at my phone lol Even tho I knew what was coming... it still startled me Confused

you still ain't ish

Posted By: Junior Jr
Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 8:58am
bet she's nigerian

jr.

Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 9:27am
Originally posted by f8dagrate f8dagrate wrote:

Who is she though? She looks like somebody but who?

She very strongly resembles Star JonesSmile

Posted By: rickysrose
Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 9:28am
if people feel her natural color looks dirty, like a gorilla, used charcoal, etc

How can we be surprised she bleached her skin 

Or is it a matter of yes she should bleach her skin but shouldve done her whole body? 

Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 9:30am
her hand looks like it has been discolored by bleach but it hasnt full 'come' yet but has broken through in patched. her face looks like she has on the light concealer &highligher/banana powder stuff that you people love to try to achieve on youtube videos.

Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 9:32am
Originally posted by AwesomeAries AwesomeAries wrote:

Type in stahr Milan

i looked at a few minutes of his 'bleaching results' video and i thought i had braced myself. when i clicked on that blac chyna video, i was not ready at all. first i jumped out of my seat then i was washed over with a wave of sadness & disgustCry

Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 10:38am
post a LANK!!

Posted By: Rumbera
Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 10:42am

The lady in the op just doesn't give a fck.. she got enough cream for the face but not the hands, i guess.

However, it seems as if the hands are the hardest to "bleach" .... the hands always look jacked up

Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 10:44am
Originally posted by Brjasuga51 Brjasuga51 wrote:

Lolol wonder

They'll be smelling like raw chicken. Bleaching cream already smells like onions.  Dead

Posted By: Lilaca
Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 10:46am
sigh....

Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 10:47am
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

if people feel her natural color looks dirty, like a gorilla, used charcoal, etc

How can we be surprised she bleached her skin 

Or is it a matter of yes she should bleach her skin but shouldve done her whole body? 

That's not her natural color. The blackened hands look like sh*t cus she tampered with it using chemicals. Her face probably look like sh*t too without makeup. Most bleachers end up with bad skin, esp. if they aint got the funds to follow through very well. 

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 10:55am
Fix it Jeebus

Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 10:55am

Lolol wonder

They'll be smelling like raw chicken. Bleaching cream already smells like onions.  Dead
gurlllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll....and they be walking around in 90 degree weather with socks on and longsleeves...and an umbrella

Posted By: sweetskul
Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 10:58am
face nuh match wid di hand yuh use di bleach wrong
yuh hand a african and yuh face a german 
borrow complexion fi match wid  fashion
face of the panda and yuh foot a king kong 
the lion innah di jungle a deh suh yuh swing from 
all monkey get vex a seh dat yuh swing wrong 
if a beach yuh a tan dont confuse di sand 
di knuckles and di fingaz different nations 

Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 11:06am

She very strongly resembles Star JonesSmile

First thing that came to my mind when I saw her. Well, second thing. LOL.

Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 11:07am
Originally posted by sweetskul sweetskul wrote:

face nuh match wid di hand yuh use di bleach wrong
yuh hand a african and yuh face a german 
borrow complexion fi match wid  fashion
face of the panda and yuh foot a king kong 
the lion innah di jungle a deh suh yuh swing from 
all monkey get vex a seh dat yuh swing wrong 
if a beach yuh a tan dont confuse di sand 
di knuckles and di fingaz different nations 
wap wap

Posted By: rell85
Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 1:30pm
Some naturally have darker hands than their face so i don't believe in bleachers hands but this is another case.

Posted By: honeyb87
Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 2:50pm
Battery acid? 40 volume developer?

Shocking, but not surprised.

Posted By: sexyandfamous
Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 3:22pm
Maybe she doesn't have enough money to buy the bleaching lotions for her whole bodyCry

Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 3:59pm
battery bumbocleeeeettt acid?!!!!! No sah the _____ans beat the yardies by far. We seem to just be hitting the volume 40 developer, hair relaxer, peroxide levels in the last couple years.
battery acid is greater than all 3!

BRJA curry toothpaste bleach is long time bleaching. I honest prefer they add in the curry it gives them a yellow complexion not grey or white peach.

sexy and famous that is it exactly. "chemicals" are expensive. so you come in stages. typically from the neck down. I was in the supermarket 3 weeks ago and a lady by the doritos and st marys bananas chips did it from the feet up her feet were peeling and her body was dark. Smart Chick!

Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 4:14pm

battery bumbocleeeeettt acid?!!!!! No sah the _____ans beat the yardies by far. We seem to just be hitting the volume 40 developer, hair relaxer, peroxide levels in the last couple years.
battery acid is greater than all 3!

BRJA curry toothpaste bleach is long time bleaching. I honest prefer they add in the curry it gives them a yellow complexion not grey or white peach.

sexy and famous that is it exactly. "chemicals" are expensive. so you come in stages. typically from the neck down. I was in the supermarket 3 weeks ago and a lady by the doritos and st marys bananas chips did it from the feet up her feet were peeling and her body was dark. Smart Chick!

LOL! Gurl! That was back in the 70's and 80's. I don't know about now. Probably ain't doing it still. LOL

Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 4:59pm
I've never noticed a bleacher in real life. I didn't think this was something people really did, especially in America. I thought you'd get clowned for that shyt even if it did look normal. Maybe it's becoming more accepted along with the Euro princess weaves and thick makeup and Joan Crawford eyebrows and whatever else foolishness youtube has people doing these days to feel beautiful.

Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 6:11pm

I've never noticed a bleacher in real life. I didn't think this was something people really did, especially in America. I thought you'd get clowned for that shyt even if it did look normal. Maybe it's becoming more accepted along with the Euro princess weaves and thick makeup and Joan Crawford eyebrows and whatever else foolishness youtube has people doing these days to feel beautiful.

You only see heavy duty bleachers in certain enclaves...

Posted By: maysay1
Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 6:16pm

Lolol wonder

That doesn't surprise me since turmeric is good for dark spots.

Anyway, that pic looks like star jones with weird hands...they are out of proportion for the size of the person. And actually they remind me of this lady's hands/nails that had psoriatic arthritis.

Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 6:16pm
A lot of people do the subtle bleach through chemical peels & kojic acid treatments/creams/soaps to prevent the tell tale grey skin undertone of traditional hydroquinone & steroidal bleachers.

I googled up Sammy Sosa to look at some of his bleach pix and I saw a forum where some women were talking about the aggressive bleaching techniques that are used in Somalia and they mentioned the 40v developer, the curry paste and putting saran wrap over the topical bleach to make it heat up and soak in more quicklyNuke

Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 6:18pm

A lot of people do the subtle bleach through chemical peels & kojic acid treatments/creams/soaps to prevent the tell tale grey skin undertone of traditional hydroquinone & steroidal bleachers.

I googled up Sammy Sosa to look at some of his bleach pix and I saw a forum where some women were talking about the aggressive bleaching techniques that are used in Somalia and they mentioned the 40v developer, the curry paste and putting saran wrap over the topical bleach to make it heat up and soak in more quicklyNuke

Yeah that's another method they use....But I've only read about it from other BHMers. Still the same thing though.

Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 6:33pm

YUP NJ "uptown bleaching". My dermatologist turned me white!! with LA peelsDeadDeadDeadDead hell i did 2 DIY chemical peels and took of some hyper-pigmentation and my family says im bleachingCry i want one tone skin damn it. 

I saw a kojic acid, alpha arbutin_______ cream in a health food store and the store clerk says its the one the doctors recommend. Im gonna set up a natural bleaching shop out here and make BANK

the wrapping with plastic wrap is occlusion. When they say they occulude then put on layers of clothes and walk up and down in the sunCryCryCryCryCryCry

Posted By: mzsophisticated
Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 7:36pm

She has gorilla hands.

Omfg ....this pic had me speechless and this was my first thought

Posted By: AwesomeAries
Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by AwesomeAries AwesomeAries wrote:

Type in stahr Milan

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 8:20pm
I need to bleach my knees! I got so many scars from falling when I was a little bb. I need some of that stuff

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 8:21pm
The caption made me laugh so hard a tooted a lilLOLLOLLOLEmbarrassed

Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 8:51pm

YUP NJ "uptown bleaching". My dermatologist turned me white!! with LA peelsDeadDeadDeadDead hell i did 2 DIY chemical peels and took of some hyper-pigmentation and my family says im bleachingCry i want one tone skin damn it. 

I saw a kojic acid, alpha arbutin_______ cream in a health food store and the store clerk says its the one the doctors recommend. Im gonna set up a natural bleaching shop out here and make BANK

the wrapping with plastic wrap is occlusion. When they say they occulude then put on layers of clothes and walk up and down in the sunCryCryCryCryCryCry

Let's do thisStern SmileStern SmileStern Smile
j/k

Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 8:54pm
wait - On that youtube clip, he said that the synthetic lace wig is $130??? That $25 wig? hell, that is what I need to be selling!

Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by mzsophisticated mzsophisticated wrote:

She has gorilla hands.

Omfg ....this pic had me speechless and this was my first thought

That was also my first thought. Embarrassed

Posted By: NARSAddict
Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 9:11pm

I have when I worked retail.  And it took me by surprise.  I want to say she was Nigerian but she had a grey cast to her skin that made her look like she died last week.

Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 9:12pm

Wow Somalis are bleaching?  I would never suspected that.  For real for real.

Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by NARSAddict NARSAddict wrote:

They are the worst amongst east Africans. Many want to be indistinguishable from the Yemis/Arabs. 

Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 9:21pm

They are the worst amongst east Africans. Many want to be indistinguishable from the Yemis/Arabs. 

You know what I can believe that.  From some of the Somali boards I used to lurk, a number of them was cooning big time and fawn over Arabs and pull up questionable studies on how closely related they are related to Arabs or Aryans, I forget which.  When I actually met a pro-African Somali years later, it blew my mind.

Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 9:33pm

You know what I can believe that.  From some of the Somali boards I used to lurk, a number of them was cooning big time and fawn over Arabs and pull up questionable studies on how closely related they are related to Arabs or Aryans, I forget which.  When I actually met a pro-African Somali years later, it blew my mind.

I lived in a city filled with Somalis. You'll always meet 1 or 2 out of 10 coons that despise the coons and are pro black to the max. 

Posted By: purple.chuckz
Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 9:39pm
We have a saying for this " Fanta face, Coca-Cola legs." 
In this case it's a Fanta face and Guiness hands. 

Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by purple.chuckz purple.chuckz wrote:

lol! Where is this?
We call it simply "coke and fanta".

And yes, in her case, she is fanta and guiness. lol! 

Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 9:51pm

lol! Where is this?
We call it simply "coke and fanta".

And yes, in her case, she is fanta and guiness. lol! 

Nigeria.  I think Fela Kuti came up with a song with that saying.

Posted By: purple.chuckz
Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 10:02pm
DRC, Kinshasa. 

Bleaching is a sign of prestige in the DRC. You got money, you bleach. I feel like her hands might have been burned from excessive bleaching.

Posted By: Lilaca
Date Posted: Jun 07 2014 at 1:45am

'Kenyan men like women with whiter skin': The rise of wealthy Nairobi women illegally INJECTING themselves with skin-lightening creams

• The creams are only intended to be applied topically to the skin
  • The $70 treatment is so 'strong', it is said to be capable of turning customers into 'albinos'
  • The shots contain 'alpha hydroxy acids' which are capable of causing 'serious infection' and can 'kill body tissue causing flesh to waste away'

By  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/search.html?s=&authornamef=Annabel+Fenwick+Elliott" rel="nofollow - ANNABEL FENWICK ELLIOTT

PUBLISHED: 20:34, 6 June 2014 UPDATED: 20:50, 6 June 2014

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2650766/Kenyan-men-like-women-whiter-skin-The-rise-wealthy-Nairobi-women-illegally-INJECTING-skin-lightening-creams.html#comments" rel="nofollow - A worrying beauty trend has emerged in Kenya for illegal 'skin-bleaching' injections which dramatically lighten the skin's pigment. 

Popular among the Kenyan elite and costing around $70 a pop, the process involves injecting mercury-containing creams which are intended to be applied topically, allegedly because they work much faster to lighten the skin that way.

'Nairobi is very competitive and Kenyan men like women with whiter skin', one customer of the procedure, a woman in her mid-Twenties referred to as Mercy, tells  http://www.vice.com/read/rich-kenyans-bleach-their-skin-white" rel="nofollow - Vice . 

Illegal: An increased number of wealthy women from Kenyas capital of Nairobi are having skin-lightening creams illegally - and potentially unsafely - injected into them (pictured, Mercy)
+8

Illegal: An increased number of wealthy women from Kenya's capital of Nairobi are having skin-lightening creams illegally - and potentially unsafely - injected into them (pictured, Mercy)

Beauticians claim the injections can make customers look six years younger and their skin a shocking ten shades lighter, and they are gaining particular popularity on Nairobi's River Road - a busy marketplace notorious for it black market commerce and bribed law enforcement.

More...

• http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2649056/UK-troops-sent-Kenya-fight-ivory-poaching-Al-Qaeda-terror-group-Nairobi-shopping-centre-massacre.html" rel="nofollow - UK troops sent to Kenya to fight ivory poaching by Al Qaeda terror group behind Nairobi shopping centre massacre
  • http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2649914/Hollywoods-800-facial-The-secret-Angelina-Jolies-glowing-skin-combines-microdermabrasion-laser-peel.html" rel="nofollow - Hollywood's $800 facial: The secret to Angelina Jolie's glowing skin combines microdermabrasion, laser and a peel
  • http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2649232/Beyonce-shows-amazing-legs-pink-mini-dress-Jay-Z-day-taking-plunge-Solange.html" rel="nofollow - Beyonce shows off her amazing legs in pink mini dress as she has a date night with Jay Z in New York

Rose, a River Road-based beautician and purveyor of the illegal treatment, claims the injectable substance is so 'strong', it is capable of turning customers into 'albinos'.

She has been treating her own skin for five years and her previous, much darker skin tone is only visible in the patches of skin around her knuckles and elbows. 

Dramatic: Rose, a beautician who works on Nairobis River Road - a hotbed for black market transactions - has been treating her own skin for five years, and displays the only remaining patches of her original skin color
+8

Dramatic: Rose, a beautician who works on Nairobi's River Road - a hotbed for black market transactions - has been treating her own skin for five years, and displays the only remaining patches of her original skin color

Worrying motives: Rose is seen injecting Mercy, who claims she wants to be as white as a European because Kenyan men like women with whiter skin
+8

Worrying motives: Rose is seen injecting Mercy, who claims she wants to be as 'white as a European' because 'Kenyan men like women with whiter skin'

'The injection lightens you from inside. It makes women clean', Rose tells the publication. 'Most of my clients are wealthy and some are national celebrities. 

'Many are Somali or Indian. But, those ones never come to my shop. They send a driver with a photo of their skin color and I supply what they need.'

'The injection lightens you from inside. It makes women clean'

Mercy says that her dream is to be 'as white as a European' and her motive is this: 'My husband prefers half-caste women to darker girls, and he is proud to be mine when we go to the club. I get far more male attention now I am lighter.'

Slower results: The skin-lightening cream is only intended to be applied topically (as pictured on one of Roses customers) - but is said to work much more quickly when injected, lifting the skin up to ten shades lighter
+8

Slower results: The skin-lightening cream is only intended to be applied topically (as pictured on one of Rose's customers) - but is said to work much more quickly when injected, lifting the skin up to ten shades lighter

Risky: The creams (pictured, a selection) contain steroids and alpha hydroxy acids which are corrosive, capable of causing serious infection and can kill body tissue causing flesh to waste away
+8

Risky: The creams (pictured, a selection) contain steroids and 'alpha hydroxy acids' which are corrosive, capable of causing 'serious infection' and can 'kill body tissue causing flesh to waste away'

Dr Pranav Pancholi, a Harvard-trained dermatologist tells Vice that these black-market injections are 'completely unregulated', so it is tricky to predict how harmful they might be. 

'I get far more male attention now I am lighter'

The creams contain steroids and 'alpha hydroxy acids' which are corrosive, capable of causing 'serious infection' and can 'kill body tissue causing flesh to waste away.'

Skin-lightening treatments in various compounds have been popular in Africa, Asia and the Middle East since the 1930s, and one brand, Fair and Lovely, is now one of the most popular formulas in the world. Owned by Unilever, it claims to 'synergistically lighten skin color through a process that is natural, reversible and completely safe.'

Legal: Skin-bleaching creams have been popular in Africa, Asia and the Middle East for almost a century, with brands making millions out of the women who aspire to having lighter colored skin (pictured, an example)
+8

Legal: Skin-bleaching creams have been popular in Africa, Asia and the Middle East for almost a century, with brands making millions out of the women who aspire to having lighter colored skin (pictured, an example)

Most of these formulas work by lessening the concentration of melanin, the natural human compound which causes the skin to darken in the sun, and the same agent that gives us sun tans.

Controversy surrounding skin-lightening as a whole is nothing new. In recent years, several American-based celebrities of color have come under fire for allegedly bleaching their skin to appear more Caucasian, including Rihanna, Nicki Minaj and Beyonce.

In August 2008, for example, cosmetics giant L’Oreal was accused of ‘whitewashing’ Beyonce's skin in an advert by digitally lightening it. Other commentators suspect to this day that Beyonce has been using skin-lightening treatments for years. 

x
x
x

Lighter? L'Oreal was accused of lightening the color of Beyonce's skin in a 2008 ad (left) and the star is rumored to have used skin-bleaching creams herself, as well as Nicki Minaj (center) and Rihanna (right) 

x
x
Rihanna

In earlier years: Beyonce (left) seen in 2000, Nicki Minaj (center) seen in 2009, and Rihanna (right) seen in 2004 have all been accused of lightening their complexions and generally criticized for changing their images

And who could forget the drastic transformation Michael Jackson underwent over the course of his career, not just to his skin color but also the shape of his face, all in an effort - it has been speculated - to look less classically African American.

His autopsy in 2010 did reveal that the pop star had a condition called Vitiligo, which causes patches of the skin to lose their pigment and turn pale.

However, his room was also found to be strewn with different varieties of skin-lightening creams, according to The Associated Press, which perhaps he used to even out his skin tone.

Morphed: Michael Jackson (pictured left as a boy and right as an adult) radically changed his appearance over the years, transforming everything from the style of his hair and the color of his skin, to the shape of his face
+8
Morphed: Michael Jackson (pictured left as a boy and right as an adult) radically changed his appearance over the years, transforming everything from the style of his hair and the color of his skin, to the shape of his face
+8

Ironically of course, pale-skinned Caucasians from America and Europe have been enthusiastically darkening their skin to gain the highly desirable sun tan since the early 20th Century.

And if there was a single person responsible for popularizing said sun tan, it was Coco Chanel, who frequently sunned herself on yachts in the Mediterranean and declared in 1929: 'A girl simply has to be tanned.'

Only time will tell if these Kenyan skin injections will have long-lasting damage on the hordes of women who are receiving them, but either way, it's a sad reflection on the woman all around the world who are simply unhappy in the skin they were born in.

Read more:  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2650766/Kenyan-men-like-women-whiter-skin-The-rise-wealthy-Nairobi-women-illegally-INJECTING-skin-lightening-creams.html#ixzz33vvusedq" rel="nofollow - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2650766/Kenyan-men-like-women-whiter-skin-The-rise-wealthy-Nairobi-women-illegally-INJECTING-skin-lightening-creams.html#ixzz33vvusedq  
Follow us:  http://ec.tynt.com/b/rw?id=bBOTTqvd0r3Pooab7jrHcU&u=MailOnline" rel="nofollow - @MailOnline on Twitter  |  http://ec.tynt.com/b/rf?id=bBOTTqvd0r3Pooab7jrHcU&u=DailyMail" rel="nofollow - DailyMail on Facebook

Posted By: Ming
Date Posted: Jun 07 2014 at 1:49am
watch them start calling it medicine smh

Date Posted: Jun 07 2014 at 4:40am
eh i dont understand bleaching.. wont you regain your true color once you hit sunlight?
go to the beach one sunny day and kablam lol..
or does one become a vampire and only come out at night...

her hands def look chemical burned...that does not look like a natural skin color..mercy..

Date Posted: Jun 07 2014 at 5:15am

I've heard this saying many times

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Jun 07 2014 at 6:56am
Bey has always been that light.....she just stopped tanning and going bronzer crazy

Date Posted: Jun 07 2014 at 7:41am

We used to call them "bokkle (bottle) brownings", or bleachers. But it's so common place now, there is much less stigma in certain communities than there used to be.It started with - I dont know who sings it but its a CLASSSIC-  Let those monkeys out all the gyal dem with them face bleach out, when you see them you must shout ooh oooh ah ah ah MONKEY THAT!LOLLOLLOLLOL .  Her face look brown and her whole body black, ah what that?!- tony matterhorn then we have Lisa Hyper saying Im proud of my bleaching cause my cream is dear something something, my Immediate Clear AND she has a song saying my bleaching fit me.

I will say though some ppl bleaching fit them as in the shade they've lightened to looks natural even when you look down and get a heart attack cause their foot is DARK. 

AAs dont say a word my bleaching coworker prefers her creams from the USA she says they are wayyyyy better than the same brand creams we get out here

Date Posted: Jun 07 2014 at 8:12am
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

eh i dont understand bleaching.. wont you regain your true color once you hit sunlight?
go to the beach one sunny day and kablam lol..
or does one become a vampire and only come out at night...

her hands def look chemical burned...that does not look like a natural skin color..mercy..

No you wont. You're peeling off layers of skin while using creams which block melanin formation AND hopefully using sunscreen. You can get burned by the sun yes and turn pink-red (that boiled lobster look) because the skin is thin but the sun cant give you your true colour back worse with one episode of sun exposure. Oh yes we call them vampires too. It depends, some really hide from the sun and some embrace it. Yesterday my cousin pointed out a lady with the cream on her face in middle day. It's a pretty common sight but this ladies nose was PINK and her face dark. There's a science behind it that many miss and clearly her bleaching had gone bad

I know plenty of folks with that skin colour. Bleaching can lead to onchronosis a darkening of the skin though- seen mostly on the cheeks but there can be patches on the body. Hydroquinone seems to be the main culprit

Awww Nigeria shop looks just like ours, more brands i cant identify though

If any BHMr needs it i have RAW NADINOLA selling! and NeoProsone gel (no prescription needed)

Date Posted: Jun 07 2014 at 8:18am
I seen a lady looking like the worst case of this, with black spots and jacked up hands and feet; sitting beside her husband at the Dr.'s office. She looked like she was rotting. (I've noticed bad bleaching makes people look like they're rotting). It wasn't my business but I was so mad. Like seriously, look how you fcuked up yourself. Is THIS sh*t beautiful to you? Why couldn't her husband say something? I wanted to go tell the Dr. to talk to her about it. LOL

Yes, this image is fake, but realistic to what you see with many bleachers. 

Date Posted: Jun 07 2014 at 8:23am
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Bey has always been that light.....she just stopped tanning and going bronzer crazy

Remember when MTV used to do Making the Video, in "work it out"for the Austin Powers movie she is the gold/brozed to the Gods. Well There was ashot of someone spraying her down with the airbrush makeup/bronzer/self-tanner machine and it was a light bulb moment. before that my young mind couldn't understand why she just so one-toned and yummy all the time then lighter then back without sunburnsOuch.

Rihanna been light bright since child hood too. the lack of the Bajan sun may also come into play.

I seen that happen too many times to count. My light coloured gf came down from Canada and i had to ask if they have no sun in Canada? She look like she bleaching, she said everybody even family ask her that.CryCryCry Everyday she wanted to go to the beach, poolside lololol Happens to me too and im not light. Y'all should have seen me after Christmas and our trip stateside. Skin clear and smoooth to boot. 

Date Posted: Jun 07 2014 at 8:49am
But Mizz you dont get to "rotting" at the same time, and may never get to it esp if you start and stop bleaching (when you stop and start regaining your complexion that when folks start saying you're broke lol ) and if your society says lighter is beautiful, if you are now more attractive to the opp. sex, if social mobility is ltd by your skin colour (whether actual or perceived or not), if the practice of bleaching is also a sign of wealth (among the lower class)- lisa hype say her cream is dear (syn. for expensive), if among your fellows it's no longer a stigmatized practice, if it is trendy (which itis) then the ppl gonna bleach. There are plenty of harmful beauty practices around and im not saying bleaching isnt one of the worst but women do XYZ for beauty. 

They know the dangers of bleaching, they see it daily. I figure they think it'll never happen to them, or the person they are getting (mis)guidance from as to formula whether a friend, stranger on the street, store clerk is an expert and knows whats they're talking about and they know when to stop.  That's where Diane 35 and NJHair come in. She'll will be the model and ill be the local distributor. NJ if i tell you the prices chick pay for trash hair (syn or human) you'd think i was lying

Lisa hype sings they're telling me bleaching cause cancer but so does smoking when you bleach beauty is the answer

Date Posted: Jun 07 2014 at 8:52am

93 and fo'evah!!!

Date Posted: Jun 07 2014 at 9:03am
TUNEEEE !! DEM A BLEAACHHHH!!!!!!!! *does the bogle* I never seen this Nardo Blacks never even knew his name.

Lord when Buju had to run to do "Love Black woman" after that browning backlash DEAD DEAD FREE BUJU, MR OBAMA

Print Page | Close Window