Print Page | Close Window

On average, Hair+Install How much?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Hair Care
Forum Name: Weaves / Extensions
Forum Description: Discussions on Weaves
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=371243
Printed Date: Apr 21 2018 at 5:15am

Topic: On average, Hair+Install How much?
Posted By: Daymarme
Subject: On average, Hair+Install How much?
Date Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 10:43am
I'm just curious on average how much are you ladies spending on hair+ install. (This is to those who get their hair done by someone) I'm late in realizing how much hair is in an investment. I'm not trying to spend a month's rent on my hair but I'm tired of getting what I paid for by not spending a little bit more money for quality. So how much do you all spend on average in your area?

Replies:
Posted By: spencer4hire
Date Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 11:25am
I'm in Atlanta. $500 for hair/install/tip( of course the hair will
last for multiple installs)

Posted By: nanikoa25
Date Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 11:36am
$600-700 on everything. Im in CA.

Posted By: Brjasuga51
Date Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 11:40am

If hair is recycled $150..icluding the tip.

New Hair and install...$450

Area:NYC

Date Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 12:44pm
Here in Miami, on average you're gonna spend about $450-$550 for Hair+Install. (Am I the only one who can't stand when that doesn't included your hair being washed and conditioned; they'll say come with hair washed and dryed, smh)

Posted By: misslexy22
Date Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 12:44pm
Last time I purchased hair and had my stylist do my hair it cost me around 740$ total . Hair was around $540 and to get my hair done was $200 . Buying hair can be a bit expensive luckily I have been able to use my hair for over a year so at least I am not buying hair on a constant basis.

Date Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by Daymarme Daymarme wrote:

Here in Miami, on average you're gonna spend about $450-$550 for Hair+Install. (Am I the only one who can't stand when that doesn't included your hair being washed and conditioned; they'll say come with hair washed and dryed, smh)
This I don't like. I like a stylist that can care for my hair underneath the weave. That is very important to me

Date Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 1:23pm
^^ exactly. I'm looking for a stylist to do an install for me but I prefer full service if I'm looking at spending that kind of money. Hair care and Hair style.

Posted By: missbritt
Date Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 7:27pm
The largest portion of money usually goes to the hair itself. My installs are 80 dollars. That is including flat ironing the extensions and creating layers if needed. 

Posted By: Brilaw
Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 12:15am
I live in Ca. And I pay roughly $400 - $600 for hair + $100 for install (licensed friend of the family discount) for an in the shop install. 

For context, I like my long installs full - 9+ oz & a closure. 
And I like curly virgin Indian from Pauline's.

Posted By: nanikoa25
Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 1:42am
Originally posted by Brilaw Brilaw wrote:

I live in Ca. And I pay roughly $400 - $600 for hair + $100 for install (licensed friend of the family discount) for an in the shop install. 

For context, I like my long installs full - 9+ oz & a closure. 
And I like curly virgin Indian from Pauline's.

I was thinking about trying paulines. How would you rate them?

Posted By: Gawdess_J
Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 8:29am
Who's Pauline? Sorry, im new.

Posted By: Brilaw
Date Posted: Jun 07 2014 at 4:00pm
I've always had good experiences with they're hair (purchased about 4 times). I've only been to the Bellflower store, but they have others.

ETA: Here's their website 
http://www.paulineshumanhair.com/

Posted By: darlinnic
Date Posted: Jun 08 2014 at 1:10pm
$175.00 for install
$200.00 on hair ( I only buy hair once a year)

And I'm in Miami/Fort Lauderdale

Posted By: ILOVEBEYONCE
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 12:08am
Depends on the style but $125 - $300 for hair only. My brother does my hair for free.

Posted By: Amillion
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 1:27pm
$300-350 Install
$400-800 for hair (depends on the company and I usually like to have my hair colored, I also always order at least 3 bundles of hair).

Posted By: Gawdess_J
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 1:35pm
I've always had good experiences with they're hair (purchased about 4 times). I've only been to the Bellflower store, but they have others.

ETA: Here's their website

Http://www.paulineshumanhair.com

how do you order and do they sell curly hair?

Posted By: BaayyyyBay
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 9:36pm
Old school prices 2-300 hair and install. New school prices double.

Posted By: MrsDJones
Date Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 8:32pm
When I was living in CA, they were the ONLY people I bought from. The day before I left CA, I bought one year worth of hair with me. It's finally time for me to buy more.

As to how to order, they are great at mail order. I usually buy 8-10oz and this time they'll have to overnight it to me because I have an appointment this week.

Posted By: Keezyanduknoit
Date Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 12:41pm
$115 INSTALL/$275-$350 HAIR

Posted By: whitrhymes
Date Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 11:40pm
I try to stay under $250 for hair... Installs are free done by moi.

Posted By: mzsophisticated
Date Posted: Jul 31 2014 at 10:48am
My last install and hair in Jan was about $925($675 for hair/closure and $250 for install plus tip). I only get a sew in once a year because i like wigs and I go back and forth with a tapered shortcut so wigs are the only option once my hair is cut. I usually I spend $180- $250 on hair but my last purchase was a splurge. I make or order a new wig every 6-8 mths

Posted By: Shardd:)
Date Posted: Aug 05 2014 at 4:47pm
I cannot belive americans spend like 200$ just to get it weaved in! I pay 50 pound max!!! Which is about 90$

Posted By: bindy
Date Posted: Aug 05 2014 at 8:40pm
$90 install in the hood of NYC.

Posted By: SUCHAd0LL
Date Posted: Aug 06 2014 at 7:37am
I pay $300 - $500 on hair (I don't buy often and I mostly make my own wigs)
My stylist went up on her prices I use to pay $125 Cry. She now charges $250 for partial and $275 for little to no leave out. I have another stylist she doesn't do the best job (my hair is really thick and she braids big) she charges $75 for partial $125 for little to no leave out. Includes wash and styling. Located in CA.

Posted By: Annahir F
Date Posted: Aug 06 2014 at 5:53pm
With all of that money some spend I would go ahead and pay for hair classes and learn how to do it myself. But any who $300, and I don't wear it often, last install was January 2013 so not a lot of $ at all.

Posted By: Princess Grace
Date Posted: Aug 06 2014 at 6:03pm
It depends on many things, like length of hair and where it came from . 

The install costs varies too:
Basic install no lace closure $75, Lace closure $120 and up

The thing is its so many stylist in the Detroit area they lowered the cost of a sew in BUT then they just do add ons, like if you want more than 2 bundles its $10, some not even including nothing but flat ironing with the rate and curls is $15 extra. Confused

Posted By: BlaXiCaN
Date Posted: Aug 06 2014 at 6:21pm
The most I pay for the hair (virgin straight) + sew-in install is $250 on average (natural leave out, no closure)...the longest length I wear is 22'' . Now, when I had a curly install done, the total price i paid for everything was around $300 (virgin, closure was bought but not used) 

Posted By: BlaXiCaN
Date Posted: Aug 06 2014 at 6:26pm
The most I pay for the hair (virgin straight) + sew-in install is $250 on average (natural leave out, no closure)...the longest length I wear is 22'' . Now, when I had a curly install done, the total price i paid for everything was around $300 (virgin, closure was bought but not used) 

Posted By: Bribby
Date Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 7:40am
My lady charges like $70
plus the $60 closure
and the hair is recycled
but it could be 150 for the install.
So add it all up idk, A LOT though lol

Date Posted: Sep 05 2014 at 7:42am
@Haute_Coco_  This board is not for advertising...

Date Posted: Sep 05 2014 at 7:46am
Just curious, I've always done my own sew-ins... never went to a shop.  Does the price for installs usually include cutting and styling as well?  I used to charge $80 including cutting and styling the hair, I thought it was a good deal, but maybe not...

Date Posted: Sep 05 2014 at 7:56am
Originally posted by whitrhymes whitrhymes wrote:

Just curious, I've always done my own sew-ins... never went to a shop.  Does the price for installs usually include cutting and styling as well?  I used to charge $80 including cutting and styling the hair, I thought it was a good deal, but maybe not...
It is a good deal. the pricing depends on the stylist. Some separate the curling and cutting charges to chalk up the price. eg...$75 for install ..$15 for Cut ..$25 for styling and wanding is a different price. So the client end up spending over $100 for the install. Some just give one flat price that includes everything

Posted By: pepsi25
Date Posted: Sep 08 2014 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by Brjasuga51 Brjasuga51 wrote:

Originally posted by whitrhymes whitrhymes wrote:

It is a good deal. the pricing depends on the stylist. Some separate the curling and cutting charges to chalk up the price. eg...$75 for install ..$15 for Cut ..$25 for styling and wanding is a different price. So the client end up spending over $100 for the install. Some just give one flat price that includes everything

I agree Brjasuga..I use to pay $80.00 for just the install didn't inlcude cut/style...but that was cheap! because anybody else 150$+ ...Now I do it all myself! Unit/Cut/Color! keep extra hair on hand for mess ups! Smile

Posted By: newbee27
Date Posted: Sep 09 2014 at 3:11pm
i'm in the A and typically for hair i pay anywhere between 200-500 + install which is a $100

Posted By: chrispyxchreme
Date Posted: Sep 10 2014 at 12:13am
I stopped wearing sew-ins. Being natural has made me a closure junkie so all my hair is on uparts & full closure wigs. I personally made 4 out of my 6 so it cut down the cost of paying someone to make it, which usually cost me $50 w/ the wig construction & install.
Hair has never cost me more than $180. 
Only two ladies install my units. One charges $25, the other $45. They're both great so it usually just depends on what my pockets look like. I'm a law student so I guess my situation may vary from those who have the means to spend $300+ Dead

Posted By: LadyKarolina
Date Posted: Sep 11 2014 at 10:53am

For my last install the hair+install+cut+wash was $320. My stylist purchased the hair for me. It was ok hair, but I'm still looking for better.

Posted By: HairMogul1
Date Posted: Sep 12 2014 at 3:02pm
OMG my monthly hair BILL is equivalent to someone's rent payment. I get my hair done every 2-3 weeks. Hair+closure $500-$600 (and I never get longer than about 20") Install $200-$250 and if I get color that's an additional $200 That's can total more than $1000 Now, on a rare occasion, I'll purchase a full lace wig (they are absolutely gorgeous, but they strip your edges out) $600 for the wig and an weekly maintenance(wash/glue clean up) about $100

Posted By: foxynole
Date Posted: Oct 08 2014 at 3:26pm
I pay approx. $700-900 on the hair itself (reusable for the yr, and very long lengths)
$250 for the install

Posted By: browneyedbeautyxo
Date Posted: Oct 08 2014 at 6:28pm
$125/per install which I usually get done every 2 months.
If buying 3-4 bundles that could range between $300-$500 depending on company/quality. I reuse my hair for at least a year buying one bundle here & there to put back in the thickness.

Posted By: harlemstylist
Date Posted: Nov 19 2014 at 1:38am
Seen your post about paying over 400 in weave install well on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday my salon do weave install for 175 and 30% off 3 or more bundles contact information 718 300 2518 Located in harlem 2232 7th ave

Date Posted: Nov 19 2014 at 1:41am
Check out our salon
Tear drops of elegance
2232 7th ave
718 300 2518
IG:iambeautyvixen

Date Posted: Nov 19 2014 at 1:46am
Ladies in nyc area come check my out great install (sew-in) price Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday $ 175.00
Visit my hair store and get great bundle deals
100% money back guarantee if you don't like the hair no matter if it's cut, colored, bleached, installed

Need hair visit: https://iambeautyvixen.mayvenn.com

Need weave install 718 300 2518
Visit my ig page :iambeautyvixen

Posted By: Amillion
Date Posted: Nov 28 2014 at 10:12pm
You won't believe it, but $0 for the past year Cry I got some hair on a fluke for free and made a wig.  This hair has been going strong for over a year. Got damn it CryClap.  Not a tangle, strand lost, no matting, not dry or split ends. This hair has got to have the voodoo. And get this --- I got it from Aliexpress Shocked

Posted By: B2kishot87
Date Posted: Nov 29 2014 at 7:06pm
I actually havent gotten an install in awhile. Handmade wigs are so much better. Wig is 65-95 to make. Most I spent on virgin hair was 300$

Posted By: sbrooke
Date Posted: Jan 11 2015 at 6:23pm
350 for install
300-400 for hair
so basically almost 800 bucks

Posted By: jenika001
Date Posted: Jan 11 2015 at 9:41pm
I have done business for two years .My clients love it .
They have a shop in Aliexpress ,and also have a website.They are trustworth.
http://www.nanavirginhair.com/

Posted By: jenika001
Date Posted: Jan 11 2015 at 9:42pm
I am in CA.
$400 for instrall

Posted By: honey*
Date Posted: Jan 11 2015 at 9:58pm
Stern Smile @ these install prices

Posted By: IN102XL
Date Posted: Jan 21 2015 at 3:38am
$540 just for the hair? Wow, I mean WOW lol.

Posted By: butterfield8
Date Posted: May 05 2015 at 11:58am

delete

Date Posted: May 05 2015 at 12:28pm

I started doing my own install.  I had a lady in my area (North Carolina) charge me $125 for a install and it was not done to my satisfaction.  I was very upset cause I still had to pay this broad.  I said 'no more' after  that.  I'm going to learn how to do my own install.  I know some people are paying $200+ for a install, but I expect good work regardless of the cost.  So I had to take matters in my own hands.    

I also did not want anybody braiding my hair tight, and sewing the weave in too tight, so I definitely needed to start doing my own weave to avoid all that.  I've been suffering with a little bit of hormonal hair loss so I don't need traction alopecia on top of that.  I'm wearing a weave to cover the loss while I wait for my hair to regrow so I don't need the weave causing additional problems.

I take the time to wash and deep condition beforehand and then do a hot oil treatment with naturals oils I mix myself before I have my son's girlfriend, do the braid pattern for my sew-in.

I take my time with my sew-in and treat my own natural hair very gently.  I also created my own 'top piece'.   I cut a weaving net to the top circumference of my head,  I sew the wefts to the net (with my sewing machine) as well as my closure, that way the top of my weave is flawless because I complete that section on a foam head.  Then I set the 'top piece' on my braid and sew it down,  it works out nicely. 

I also started coloring my weave hair and basically learning how to do all this stuff on my own.  Youtube has been an amazing 'how to' resource through this process.  

Now I don't have to wait on anybody to schedule me in to do my hair, I can get my hair done when I need it done.

Date Posted: May 05 2015 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by honey* honey* wrote:

Stern Smile @ these install prices

I agree I can't even fathom paying someone $400 for an install and then providing the hair on top of that.

Posted By: PerfectBlending
Date Posted: May 05 2015 at 2:15pm
Install $150-300

Hair. I don't buy much hair. My stash is cool. But when I do. I never spend no more than $250 and that's always more than 10oz!!

Posted By: 4BFabulousity
Date Posted: Aug 15 2015 at 1:43pm
The most I have ever spent on hair is $110. The person that does my hair charges $50 for the install. I refuse to spend 100 or more just to get hair put in my head.

Posted By: Sweet Serenity
Date Posted: Sep 21 2015 at 9:23am
hair- I have a healthy stash, if I buy its less than $300 for the most expensive.

Install-  anywhere from $150-250, depending on who I use.  I'm learning to do my own.

Posted By: Lady.Leader
Date Posted: Sep 21 2015 at 4:38pm
I had to correct a stylist real quick when she tried to braid me down without a wash & condition. It would be different if I was paying 50-60 but I was paying $190 not including hair. I think that is so unprofessional when they try to skip the part where they take care of your natural hair. 

Posted By: Lily whenn
Date Posted: Sep 23 2015 at 1:49am
http://www.ewigsau.com/ 

you could check this online shop. i think they are cost-efficient. if you contact customer service, you will get coupons. 

Posted By: sbraxton13
Date Posted: Oct 02 2015 at 12:17pm

hello everyone, i am interested in getting a full sew in... i plan to get it cut into a bob, i want to be able to wear it curly or straight. i was hoping i could get some feedback on where i should order i want something affordable that does not start to look dry and stiff after some time. I am also afraid to buy something that is defected (ive seen some articles about bugs) My goal is to wear it for a month at the least. This would be my first weave ever!!!!! Please help

Posted By: pinknikkij
Date Posted: May 23 2016 at 8:22pm
I'm building a stash (have wavy and curly covered, now for straight relaxed etc.) but I've never spent more than $350 on hair
Installs are $125 for me here in Central Fl

Posted By: Thehairrock
Date Posted: Jun 21 2016 at 9:08am
Check out TheHairRock
It has all the hair products in cheapest price and plus it's on sale!
thehairrock.com

Print Page | Close Window