Print Page | Close Window

LaToyas fiancé...

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=371219
Printed Date: Jun 23 2018 at 9:36pm

Topic: LaToyas fiancé...
Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Subject: LaToyas fiancé...
Date Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 2:35pm

Engaged! La Toya Jackson, 58, accepted a proposal from Jeffré Phillips, 46, 10 months ago with 17.5c diamond... and reveals she wants to adopt a child

Their relationship went from strictly business to hot romance, and now she has a wedding to plan. On Wednesday http://www.people.com/article/la-toya-jackson-engaged-jeffre-phillips" rel="nofollow - People announced 58-year-old singer La Toya Jackson is engaged to her business partner, 46-year-old Jeffré Phillips.

But the proposal isn't recent: Phillips asked for the hand of Michael Jackson's sister 10 months ago while vacationing in Hawaii. And he didn't do so without a little piece of bling - she was presented with a 17.5 carat diamond ring.

Also on Wednesday the Bad Girl singer told http://abcnews.go.com/video?utm_content=video&utm_medium=search&utm_term=good+morning+america&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=guptamedia" rel="nofollow - Good Morning America that she hopes to adopt a child: 'I always wanted to be a mother, all my life.'

Theyre going to the chapel: LaToya Jackson and Jeffré Phillips, pictured in December, are engaged, announced People on Wednesday
  • SHARE PICTURE
< id="share--" ="text" value="">

Copy link to paste in your message

+6

They're going to the chapel: LaToya Jackson and Jeffré Phillips, pictured in December, are engaged, announced People on Wednesday

I wanna rock with you: The Bad Girl singer showed off her diamond ring which is 17.5 carats - there is a 10 carat stone in the middle with 7.5 carats around it
  • SHARE PICTURE

+6

I wanna rock with you: The Bad Girl singer showed off her diamond ring which is 17.5 carats - there is a 10 carat stone in the middle with 7.5 carats around it

'[I was caught off guard so] it wasn't a fast yes,' the beauty said of the proposal which took place at the Trump Hotel. 'I had no clue. I couldn't understand why he was so nervous.'

Jeffré had La Toya follow a path of white rose petals and gardenias to their hotel balcony in Hawaii, where he had arranged a romantic dinner of her favorite foods. Candle light was everywhere.

After dropping to one knee he said, 'I don’t have a ring for you' and she said, 'Well, that’s okay. I don’t care about a ring.' But when dessert was served, she got a rock. 'When I lifted (the lid) for the dessert, there was the ring,' she revealed.

So close once: La Toya (left) with brother Michael (middle) and sister Janet in 2004 exiting a Santa Monica courthouse
  • SHARE PICTURE

+6

So close once: La Toya (left) with brother Michael (middle) and sister Janet in 2004 exiting a Santa Monica courthouse

The ring has a 10 carat round stone in the center and is surrounded by 7.5 carats in round diamonds set in a platinum band.

Phillips designed it himself.

'Jeffré goes over the top with a lot of things,' said Jackson. 'He found exactly what I would like or want. It’s really beautiful. It’s very, very big. It’s a heavy one too.'

Their early days of mega fame: In 1983 with brother Michael who passed away on June 25, 2009 in Holmby Hills, California
  • SHARE PICTURE

+6

Their early days of mega fame: In 1983 with brother Michael who passed away on June 25, 2009 in Holmby Hills, California

'My heart just stopped,' she added. 'I was in total shock. We're best friends and we've been business partners forever. It was always professional - no one really crossed those boundaries.'

La Toya has yet to talk about her wedding plans and is saving any nuptial details for her new 'Life with La Toya' show, which airs on OWN starting June 7. 'You have to wait to see the show,' she said.

On GMA, the beauty added that if she has a child she could name it Paris because of a pact her family had with Kathy Hilton to name their children after the City of Lights.

'Kathy was first of course with Paris Hilton,' pointed out La Toya. Michael also named one of his children Paris.

'There is a possibility [I could name my child Paris],' Jackson said. 'I have to wait and see.'

She also revealed on the morning program that Jeffré asked her father for his daughter's hand in marriage.

'My father, mind you, he's a nice guy but he's not the easiest person to talk to,' the Playboy singer said.

Presenting The Jacksons: As teen singers in 1977 - La Toya (center) with Janet, Randy, Rebie, Jackie, Michael, Tito and Marlon
  • SHARE PICTURE

+6

Presenting The Jacksons: As teen singers in 1977 - La Toya (center) with Janet, Randy, Rebie, Jackie, Michael, Tito and Marlon

The five year anniversary of Michael's death is on June 25.

In September 2009 La Toya opened up to Barbara Walters about her superstar brother who was responsible for such hits as Thriller and Beat It.

'I don't think we'll find a person as talented, a person who thought the way he thought. A person with the heart that Michael had,' La Toya said.

'People aren't that way anymore. He was special. He wasn't God, but he was certainly God-like. He was the closest thing to a god that I knew.'

Pretty in Paris: The 58-year-old beauty dressed head-to-toe in purple for her performance in France in 1992
  • SHARE PICTURE

+6

Pretty in Paris: The 58-year-old beauty dressed head-to-toe in purple for her performance in France in 1992

Replies:
Posted By: Benni
Date Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 2:57pm

I guess, Congratulations

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 3:04pm
nice ring.. 
congrats 

Posted By: Katrenia
Date Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 3:07pm
He looks better than her last one.

Posted By: NJHairLuv
Date Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 3:22pm
His brows look cute, but they look waxed and I prefer threaded brows.

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 3:26pm
pretty ring

Posted By: BeatriceBean
Date Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 3:28pm

That man is clearly gay, but Latoya doesn't seem like the type to mind. Eh

Posted By: Mz. Mocha
Date Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 3:30pm
I don't think he's gay. He looks more whipped, I could tell by the way he acted on her show 

Posted By: NuAttitude
Date Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 3:30pm
Ummm wow, I didn't know LaToya was damn near 60!Shocked

Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 3:40pm
 I saw her mother and father at the table waiting for her answer . Beatrice is correct . The man is known to be gay from way back in the day . Maybe he change like the one that had the baby . I love the Jacksons , except for Jermaine after finding out he was a spoil hubby slave master . Latoya was so beautiful back in the day . What happen to Janet after she married that muslim man ? Congrats .

Thinking about MJ all week. Seems like yesterday . What a lost . Cry

The five year anniversary of Michael's death is on June 25.

Posted By: thewonderfulwa
Date Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 3:47pm
He looks gay but the ring made her forget that.

Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 3:47pm
They look like a good match but I hope they reconsider adopting a child. I don't think that is a good idea at all.

Posted By: rickysrose
Date Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 3:52pm
latoya is a virgin, oh I had no idea

Congrats on the engagement 

Posted By: Benni
Date Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by BeatriceBean BeatriceBean wrote:

That's he impression I got from the last season of her show

Posted By: DiorShowGirl
Date Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 4:07pm
she has beautiful hands for a 58 year old...ring is gorgeous..

congrats to Latoya's engagement...wish them both happiness Clap

Posted By: kerysdream7
Date Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by NuAttitude NuAttitude wrote:

Ummm wow, I didn't know LaToya was damn near 60!Shocked

Posted By: bindy
Date Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

They look like a good match but I hope they reconsider adopting a child. I don't think that is a good idea at all.

Posted By: NARSAddict
Date Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 4:45pm
I thought she married him already.

Posted By: Princess_S
Date Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 5:04pm
NICE RING!

Posted By: Im_oh_so_hott
Date Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 5:06pm
They really were a nice looking black family.

Posted By: Petty LaBelle
Date Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 5:07pm
Odd af.

Posted By: eanaj5
Date Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

s'cusa? Confused

Posted By: keepgrowing
Date Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

His brows look cute, but they look waxed and I prefer threaded brows.

LOL shade?

Posted By: NJHairLuv
Date Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by eanaj5 eanaj5 wrote:

s'cusa? Confused

yeah, a few years after she got divorced, she said that the dude tricked her into marriage to control her assets and to make her do playboy, las vegas shows, etc and that he beat her and that they never consumated the marriage and she was still a virgin...smh po thing is seemingly in need of an intervention all over again.

ETA: I just looked at a clip from last year where kathy hilton interviewed her and she said that the ex husband tried to forced himself on her once while she was screaming and crying to make him stop.Ouch

Posted By: Ladycoils
Date Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 7:55pm
nice ring

Posted By: mzsophisticated
Date Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by eanaj5 eanaj5 wrote:

s'cusa? Confused

Oh damn never knew that....at 58 that shyt gone hurt like hell idk if she still got that natural moisture

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by BeatriceBean BeatriceBean wrote:

Print Page | Close Window