Print Page | Close Window

NEED YOUR ADVICE ..A.S.A.P.

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=371177
Printed Date: Aug 20 2018 at 6:13am

Topic: NEED YOUR ADVICE ..A.S.A.P.
Posted By: DiorShowGirl
Subject: NEED YOUR ADVICE ..A.S.A.P.
Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 8:39pm
http://www.sequenceinc.com/fraudfiles/2013/05/primerica-financial-services-the-fake-job-interview/ http://www.sequenceinc.com/fraudfiles/2013/05/primerica-financial-services-the-fake-job-interview/" rel="nofollow - http://www.sequenceinc.com/fraudfiles/2013/05/primerica-financial-services-the-fake-job-interview/

My daughter has an interview with the above company friday at 10:30...I just googled it,read it and gave it a HUGEConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfused. I already spoke with her on what i read and the article did the exact same thing to her...no information whatsoever about the job to her..... one has to pay a fee to work??? the article reads it is more like a pyramid scheme...

i am happy for her, but then on the other hand I have to think of what this job does not consist of, it is too far away..25 minutes each wayConfused, she is already working at Starbucks coffee but i do want her to find something else.. a lot closer for sure (we only have one car)..

thanks

Replies:
Posted By: AwesomeAries
Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 8:40pm
Is primerica that company keep posting on facebook, saying make thousands in a week...

Posted By: f8dagrate
Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 8:43pm
Trust your instincts it's a pyramid scam!

Posted By: creole booty
Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 8:45pm
It is. I sat thru that meeting when I was 19. I rode a bus 2 hours to get there. Do not waste her time.

Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 8:47pm
Never trust me a job that promise you riches but require that you first come out of pocket and pay a fee

Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 8:52pm
been there done that and left after day 1. Tell baby girl to keep searching. You only make money from the people you bring in. Thats it.

Posted By: Junior Jr
Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 8:57pm
tell her to apply at Vector Marketing

jr.

Posted By: rickysrose
Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 9:02pm
do not

Posted By: AwesomeAries
Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by Junior Jr Junior Jr wrote:

tell her to apply at Vector Marketing

jr.

this even worse selling silverware did this in highschool 

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 9:04pm
Tell your daughter not to waste her time

Posted By: maysay1
Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 9:07pm
Primerica is an MLM (multi-level marketing) scheme. She shouldn't waste her time at all.

Starbucks is generally a good company to work for so make sure she's taking advantage of all the opportunities she has there as far as becoming lead or manager and things like that.

Is she in school? Maybe she needs to focus on some long-range planning. Does she have any skills/services/products she can sell? Oh and of course there's always cutting expenses in the meantime.

Posted By: Princess Grace
Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 9:08pm
Be honest with her, no sense in quitting Starbucks to go work somewhere that is a scam. 

Also Im not sure how old she is but she should be doing her own job research too..  Good Luck!

Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by AwesomeAries AwesomeAries wrote:

Is primerica that company keep posting on facebook, saying make thousands in a week...

to tell you the truth i have never even heard of this company...first time hearing it and i had to google it cause she didn't even know what it was about..

Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

Be honest with her, no sense in quitting Starbucks to go work somewhere that is a scam. 

Also Im not sure how old she is but she should be doing her own job research too..  Good Luck!

thanks PG....she is 21 years old....girl don't even get me started on the bolded remark...momma had to do it and_____________lawd

Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

Primerica is an MLM (multi-level marketing) scheme. She shouldn't waste her time at all.

Starbucks is generally a good company to work for so make sure she's taking advantage of all the opportunities she has there as far as becoming lead or manager and things like that.

Is she in school? Maybe she needs to focus on some long-range planning. Does she have any skills/services/products she can sell? Oh and of course there's always cutting expenses in the meantime.

thanks Maysay...yes this is y they approached her because of her communication skills, i have seen  her in action at work with customers, she was laying it down to one customers of how many calories this and what this has and does for you...I was highly impressedBig smileBig smileBig smile.  I do wish she were in school but some things happened to her that i wish not to say here...(sorry)...

i think she is trying to become a lead/manager....hope she does in the future there..

Posted By: ThoughtCouture
Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 9:19pm
this "insurance" company has been around for at least 25 years.  that said...i wouldn't recommend it.

Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by f8dagrate f8dagrate wrote:

Trust your instincts it's a pyramid scam!

thanks...I am letting her go to the interview friday...i did tell her of the article and i do wish i knew how to send it to her from my phone..but she will see and learn friday...

Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by creole booty creole booty wrote:

It is. I sat thru that meeting when I was 19. I rode a bus 2 hours to get there. Do not waste her time.

Hugthanks ever so much...2 hours to get there...???? 

Posted By: herwoman
Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 9:25pm
Has she tried any call centers? A lot of young people start out there, get the experience and go to better companies by networking with people while there. I know five young ladies who did this and they are now happy where they are and making a good living. She will hate it but it's a stepping stone I think but I have been out of the job market a long time and this information could be outdated.

Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 9:27pm
thanks everyone who gave advice and helped...she couldn;t give me any straight answers other than the person is always coming in to starbucks and saying of how she has excellent communication skills and great with people (really blew her head up) and kept after her about this so-called offer. Finally she accepted and I was asking all sorts of questions and she couldn't give me any straight answers...so as a parent, the parent has to do the investigating and get back to child..

Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by DiorShowGirl DiorShowGirl wrote:

thanks Maysay...yes this is y they approached her because of her communication skills, i have seen  her in action at work with customers, she was laying it down to one customers of how many calories this and what this has and does for you...I was highly impressedBig smileBig smileBig smile.  I do wish she were in school but some things happened to her that i wish not to say here...(sorry)...

i think she is trying to become a lead/manager....hope she does in the future there..

School isn't for everybody, I just meant if it's something she wants then don't let the time pass by.

But since she has the job at Starbucks she should definitely do everything possible to move up and make herself indispensable there. You can earn a great salary with benefits in the management positions. And she can continue to work on her other goals as she's doing it.

Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 9:35pm
Tell your daughter to stay far away . Nothing a but insurance company scheme to take her money . I heard of the company years ago . They would hire young people from all of the world to go door to door after taking the parents money for a so call job. I rceall one lady crying that her daughter was sent back on a greyhound bus hungry and very upset  . You can find complaints all over the net and the BBB. Tell her to apply for a entry level position at your local hospital  . Many will hire and train Echo techs for example in my area .

on

I don't want to recall in detail my dispiriting experience with Primerica, as many people have already done so. I only want to add that they are very big on the "sales pitch" and controlling the message. I was approached through my son who was working off college loans at a dead-end restaurant job. The agent who was working through him gave me the, "I just have to meet the father of this extraordinary young man!" speech. We were told that they only spend time on people they feel have "what it takes", giving you the impression that you are somehow special and singled out to move right into a top management position in one of their "stores" that they are rushing to open up in your area. It takes a while but eventually you realize that all of these people who you've been spending time listening to at weekend "classes" have been promised the same thing.

I could never get a straight answer out of anyone about the pay structure as they were desperately trying to downplay the role that recruiting took in the whole scheme, but I finally cornered an "employee" at a weird faux-Christmas party thrown at a rented house temporarily occupied by my recruiter and his poor family who were like hostages in a suburban domicile stocked with every gaming system available as well as air hockey and ping pong tables, all for the sole purpose of mindlessly entertaining the current (mostly young) recruits, blinding them with the sheer boundless consumerism and wealth that supposedly awaited them.

The guy I talked to told me that it wasn't until he realized that the way to make money was "to get the recruits to purchase the Primerica products". In other words, it's a numbers game of getting as many recruits to purchase term life insurance while giving up lists of all of your contacts from your cell phone (what they call a "data dump") for more recruiting. It doesn't matter if you quit because you've already given them money and more contacts. Meanwhile if you decide it's not for you, your manager will become very angry indeed, carping about the time he spent ON YOU "away from HIS family".

They're very big on family and there is more than a hint of born-again Christianity lurking in the rhetoric you will be swallowing. Never mind the hours you yourself have spent going to "classes", (glorified pep rallies that never actually impart much in the way of knowledge about being a financial planner), seminars (you pay for those too), countless meetings attempting to recruit family and friends. NOT FOR ME. No.

Posted By: foxyroy19
Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 9:41pm
My daughter sat through and interview and training noticed that it was just her and two young girls around her age.  Not anyone over the age of 21yrs.  She knew it was a scheme and they fed on the naivety of the youth who don't know to ask questions or research.  She immediately called me because as her mother I know most everything.LOL  With that she never returned to that place.

Posted By: Benni
Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 9:46pm
Did not read the Article, but check them out with the

Better Business Bureau   

Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 9:49pm
@Herwoman....no she hasn't ....but i will tell her of the Call Centers.....

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 10:21pm
once you found the link, no more rationalizing needs to be done.  a total waste of time these companies are for people who are not in the position to be tangled up in their fraud.  good luck in her job hunt.

Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 10:23pm
@India....dayum...nnaawww she can't do this....she probably thinks she can but she has financial responsibilities...thanks

Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 10:24pm
I just hate how many scams there are out there these days..

Not just jobs but period...

Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 10:26pm
a targeted course in the medical or IT field  vs a degree might be a good compromise 

Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by foxyroy19 foxyroy19 wrote:

My daughter sat through and interview and training noticed that it was just her and two young girls around her age.  Not anyone over the age of 21yrs.  She knew it was a scheme and they fed on the naivety of the youth who don't know to ask questions or research.  She immediately called me because as her mother I know most everything.LOL  With that she never returned to that place.

IKR??? I JUST had to google....she texted me a pic of the business card and i googled it and came across the posted article and was No Not A Pyramid venture ish...i had to call her and tell her of what i had just read. 

You as a MOM DO KNOW EVERYTHING..but at least ur daughter caught on with a quickness..she wasn't havin' itLOL Mom come and get me N.O.W.LOL

Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 10:47pm
Her time on Friday would be better spent going to Kelly services, or another temp agency and taking their general office test for employment if she isnt happy at Starbucks.

Tell her to look on Indeed.com too, even when I wasnt really looking companies always called me from there.

I went on a job interview like that it was advertised as AT&T, they had rented a office space in a very nice area, passed the "first interview" but no one wanted to answer any real questions, and I kept getting the run around when I kept asking, I dont give tow sweet phucks about your no.

So passed the 2nd interview and I was hired Stern Smile, mind you there was supposed to be six weeks of training. 

So I go to the first day of training, by then they no longer had this office Im thinking cause we kinda met in the lobby, third red flag but I pursue....

Training is 45 minutes away and our team leader drove, okay now its Me, team leader a ditzy clear woman from Nebraska, another new hire and a guy.

When I say this wasnt the real Att but a company who pays to slighly use att name and get the names of the customers that dont advertise with att anymore and try and win them back... Mind you we are talking YELLOW PAGES, mf they dont need yellowbook. Google happened to the yellow pages dumb ass.

So we go to this appt but wait you dont know the name of this person you meeting, wtf. Long story short, they give you a list of LEADS and you have a territory and all day you pound the pavement trying to win back customers who dont need or want your services and you have a quota if you dont make it they pay you minimum wage but not gas....

After her first meeting I walked out and stood on the sidewalk, Bish I got on my good suit and great shoes to go panhandle for the yellowpages that dont no one use. BISH you tried it.

I said as calmly as I could , you remember when you took 45 minutes to get here, she said yes I told that dumbass ho that she had 21 minutes to get me back to the mf car or something bad and i mean very bad was going to happen to her. Dumb ho this aint no real job, and you dumb if you left Nebraska for this.

That white bish was crying and scared for her life. I smoked then and lit up in her car, phuck you and your rules, you better hope I dont light your ass on fire. 

Had me out there in my good shoes,, tramp I will kill you . She still defended that company even after she admitted all the faults and when she didnt get paid, chile boo. They prey on people who dont seem to have anyone and need to feel like they belong and working for a greater good.

Its the same principles a cult uses, stay far away from them!

Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 11:00pm
I remember I was about 19 and looking for a job that had all these promises but no real answers. I arrived at this business park and there was a meeting that I didn't understand and each new person was assigned to ride around with a complete stranger for 8 hours to sell educational children's toys. The dude I was riding with was SUPER SERIOUS about his job talkin bout he was going to move up in the company. We went to about 15 daycares who knew him by name and not one bought anything.

This dude actually took lunch (a bag lunch) at the appropriate time and went right back to running all his gas out for these crazy people. I never starred out of a window so much in my entire life,after the first hour I didn't even respond to him anymore I was just like whatever dude hurry and get this shut over with so I can get paid.

Turns out I DIDN'T GET PAID AS IT WAS BASED ON COMMISSION! Argh! He had the nerve to ask me out, dude we just went out bye!

Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 11:06pm
princess grace are you in the positive challenge 

LOL

I apologize in advance for cackling about your good shoes and what you prepared to do to that white lady, but I'm sorry this happened to you Hug

Posted By: sexyandfamous
Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

Never trust me a job that promise you riches but require that you first come out of pocket and pay a fee

Ha! That reminds me of "Closed Shops" which happenedearly last century; black workers had to pay a fee to be part of the Union (if you didn't pay a fee, you couldn't get a job!) but after they paid the fee, there was no job - for them.

@Dior, does she need to pay a fee when she gets there? I think she should cancel the interview... or maybe ask over the phone about it, just to be sure she isn't cancelling on something that could have been real.

Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 11:26pm
@PG... They prey on people who dont seem to have anyone and need to feel like they belong and working for a greater good.

Its the same principles a cult uses, stay far a

the above...so true of every word u mentioned above....so sorry u went thru all of that...and this is what she is excited about...getting all dressed up in business attire...for what...daughter u better talk about the money/income/ etc...health benefits(she is on mine though) but they could be a lot better, 

u got all dressed up and to find out it wasn't all cracked up to be...this person seriously put a lot of ish into my daughter's head...

Posted By: NJHairLuv
Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 11:27pm
PGrace, that Yellowbook scam happened to my homegirl. She had been fired from her 100k job and was paying her mortgage, daughter's tuition and a whole lot of other bills b/c she was accustomed to living aboverher means.

I dont know how she started the job at yellowbook, but when she called me and said that she cussed them out and quit b/c they sent her to meet up with some construction company owner at 9pm and she was there till 11 and she was only going to make pennies in commission from the ad contract that he signed, I was like what made you think that anyone wants a yellow book? Even elderly people dont bother to open up the yellow book.

Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

After her first meeting I walked out and stood on the sidewalk, Bish I got on my good suit and great shoes to go panhandle for the yellowpages that dont no one use. BISH you tried it.

I said as calmly as I could , you remember when you took 45 minutes to get here, she said yes I told that dumbass ho that she had 21 minutes to get me back to the mf car or something bad and i mean very bad was going to happen to her. Dumb ho this aint no real job, and you dumb if you left Nebraska for this.

That white bish was crying and scared for her life. I smoked then and lit up in her car, phuck you and your rules, you better hope I dont light your ass on fire. 

Had me out there in my good shoes,, tramp I will kill you . She still defended that company even after she admitted all the faults and when she didnt get paid, chile boo. They prey on people who dont seem to have anyone and need to feel like they belong and working for a greater good.

OMG I AM LAUGHING SO MUCH
"OUT THERE IN MY GOOD SHOES" LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by NJHai<b>rLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

PGrace, that Yellowbook scam happened to my homegirl. She had been fired from her 100k job
and was paying her mortgage, daughter's tuition and a whole lot of other bills b/c she was accustomed to living aboverher means.

I dont know how she started the job at yellowbook, but when she called me and said that she cussed them out and quit b/c they sent her to meet up with some construction company owner at 9pm and she was there till 11 and she was only going to make pennies in commission from the ad contract that he signed, I was like what made you think that anyone wants a yellow book? Even elderly people dont bother to open up the yellow book.

Shocked  ShockedShocked hope she is doing great now...yep these schemes are everywhere....one friend wanted me to sign up with that Nerium ish....face cream that does wonders and when i asked her how come this ish don't have sunscreen if its all that and she just *Kanye shrugged* me..nothing about the product itself but how one can make money....went to a seminar with her...no food or nothing cheap ass hostesses

Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by herwoman herwoman wrote:

The dude I was riding with was SUPER SERIOUS about his job talkin bout he was going to move up in the company. We went to about 15 daycares who knew him by name and not one bought anything.

Turns out I DIDN'T GET PAID AS IT WAS BASED ON COMMISSION! Argh! He had the nerve to ask me out, dude we just went out bye!

your last sentence was too funnyLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

Ha! That reminds me of "Closed Shops" which happenedearly last century; black workers had to pay a fee to be part of the Union (if you didn't pay a fee, you couldn't get a job!) but after they paid the fee, there was no job - for them.

@Dior, does she need to pay a fee when she gets there? I think she should cancel the interview... or maybe ask over the phone about it, just to be sure she isn't cancelling on something that could have been real.

this person didn't tell her anything at all , just that she has great people skills and communication skills..didn;t say u will be answering phones, filing papers, typing information in a computer nothing at all...just people/communication skills...

if she has to pay a fee, i and she won;t know til she gets there....i will tell  her right up front if any money is involved with u paying up front IT IS A NO DEAL ....just say thanks, but no thanks..
like everyone on here said ...this is a scam...

Posted By: NJHairLuv
Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 11:43pm

PGrace, that Yellowbook scam happened to my homegirl. She had been fired from her 100k job
and was paying her mortgage, daughter's tuition and a whole lot of other bills b/c she was accustomed to living aboverher means.

Shocked  ShockedShocked hope she is doing great now..

Yes, she is doing great. She was in the early stages of starting her own business when she got the yellowbook 'job', but her business is up and running and has been thriving for 5 yrs now.

Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 11:50pm
Tell your daughter to apply at Republic not sure what area you are in but they are a major trash company in the south and they pay pretty decent at their call centers. Also try Wells Fargo phone banking, Iqor if it's in your area, Convergys(they hire anyone who can read) Aetna etc are all call centers Wells and Aetna might be a bit of a challenge but it won't hurt to try.

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 11:51pm
lol... i was just mad today about wearing my good shoes for nothin too 

Date Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 12:04am
BNSF Railway is hiring conductor trainees. I don't know where you all are located but apparently working for the railroad is a REALLY good job because they train you and you get full benefits. It's very stable with a lot of room for advancement.

Date Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 12:15am
Originally posted by herwoman herwoman wrote:

Tell your daughter to apply at Republic not sure what area you are in but they are a major trash company in the south and they pay pretty decent at their call centers. Also try Wells Fargo phone banking, Iqor if it's in your area, Convergys(they hire anyone who can read) Aetna etc are all call centers Wells and Aetna might be a bit of a challenge but it won't hurt to try.

wow thanks ever so much Herwoman will definitely give her this information..i live in the bucks county area  45 minutes from philly..

Date Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 12:17am
Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

Shocked  ShockedShocked hope she is doing great now..

Yes, she is doing great. She was in the early stages of starting her own business when she got the yellowbook 'job', but her business is up and running and has been thriving for 5 yrs now.

so glad to read this....so happy for her....good to have that back up just in case and she did

Posted By: PurplePhase
I hope your daughter finds something Dior.

BNSF Railway is hiring conductor trainees. I don't know where you all are located but apparently working for the railroad is a REALLY good job because they train you and you get full benefits. It's very stable with a lot of room for advancement.

never heard of them...we have septa/amtrak

Date Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 12:31am
http://mail.aol.com/38571-111/aol-6/en-us/mail/get-attachment.aspx?uid=28355575&folder=NewMail&partId=1 http://mail.aol.com/38571-111/aol-6/en-us/mail/get-attachment.aspx?uid=28355575&folder=NewMail&partId=1" rel="nofollow - http://mail.aol.com/38571-111/aol-6/en-us/mail/get-attachment.aspx?uid=28355575&folder=NewMail&partId=1

sorry this is as good as i can get it....told her this is not a business card at all

Date Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 5:22am
They didnt mention anything about me walking, hustling effin yellowpages or any of that other mess. They made it SEEM like I would be doing collections . Thats why Im like why fo are we driving anywhere??

I went all Rochelle on they ass, " My man got two jobs" I aint gotta be here for this......

I felt bad for the one guy, he was a single dad and he really NEEDED the job. They gone run into someone who used they last gas money and they gone snap.

Even after old girl was like sometimes they didnt get paid, and she was mislead and blah blah blah she still was like its not that bad. They get young 18-23ish from all over the country. Then some of them rent a place or share like efficiency hotels, in different states.

If yall could have seen my face....

Date Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 5:24am
Im thinking wtf ever was going on in Nebraska was worse than that NOT a job.

Posted By: Bribby
Date Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 8:24am
A friend wanted me to come to an interview. He said he was very happy with the job seeing as he started a family recently. I didn't go though... I have a nice job. I'm not into selling things either, that's what it seemed like. He said it was insurance.

Posted By: bunzaveli
Date Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 9:10am
your daughter good with computers ?

Posted By: creole booty
Date Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 10:34am

Yep it was in a far west suburb of Chicago. The trains and buses don't run as often out there. Midway through I called my mom and she told me she works down the street and she picked me up. I sat at her job for the rest of the day. I was so mad.

Date Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

I just hate how many scams there are out there these days..

Not just jobs but period...

Yeah... like the newspaper subscription scam...
I am not sure if it happens in other cities, but this is the "pitch" they throw at you here in LA:

Usually teenagers, old enough to be 12th graders, knock at your door and say that they are selling subscription for L@ T!mes. They claim that L@ T.!mes will give $10,000 to cover their college tuition if they get a certain number of people to sign up to receive the newspaper. Once you buy it, it is really hard to cancel the subscription.

A few years ago I was almost scammed by 2 kids about it, but I thought it was weird that my brother who was in HS had never heard about it. So I asked on Yahoo Answers about it and if it was true, some people answered that it was scam, and the question was gone/deleted in less than 24 hours.

My mom was scammed a while ago and it took her over a year to cancel the signature, because she barely read the newspaper.

A similar scam is random adults who come up to you and say they are selling magazine subscription in order to get 10k tuition for college.

Date Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

your daughter good with computers ?

she is very good with computers...dont even have to read the instructions...hate her..she catches on and way on too fast...

Date Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 12:56pm
i spoke with her father and he said this place isn't a scamErmm and they sell very good products..but get this everyone...NO ONE STAYS VERY LONG..Confused  u have to sell a lot of products to make that commission...he asked me what the job entailed....i told him she don;t know, unless she does but is not saying it to me..

i already decided...she can go to the interview,,,but MY CAR STAYS CLOSE TO HOME..25 minutes to and back is a lot of wear and tear on snowball...so she will not be accepting the offer, if she wants the job, the person who stops by starbucks can come and pick her up and bring her home...no problem here....

oh yeah also her father said sometimes they have to meet clients to talk about the products...UM, ERR, NOT HAPPENING HERE..driving to different appointments..Thumbs Down

Date Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 12:58pm

Yep it was in a far west suburb of Chicago. The trains and buses don't run as often out there. Midway through I called my mom and she told me she works down the street and she picked me up. I sat at her job for the rest of the day. I was so mad.

#TEAMMOMS...

Date Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 1:51pm

i already decided...she can go to the interview,,,but MY CAR STAYS CLOSE TO HOME..25 minutes to and back is a lot of wear and tear on snowball...so she will not be accepting the offer, if she wants the job, the person who stops by starbucks can come and pick her up and bring her home...no problem here....

You don't know who she will be riding with. All it takes for a car accident is a distracted person, and you don't know if whomever drives her around talks/text while driving.

Date Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 8:31pm
true...very true...

Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 8:36pm

i spoke with her father and he said this place isn't a scamErmm and they sell very good products..but get this everyone...NO ONE STAYS VERY LONG..Confused  u have to sell a lot of products to make that commission...he asked me what the job entailed....i told him she don;t know, unless she does but is not saying it to me..

oh yeah also her father said sometimes they have to meet clients to talk about the products...UM, ERR, NOT HAPPENING HERE..driving to different appointments..Thumbs Down
I told you and they use God as a tool. Good luck to your daughter . Can dad drive her to work ?

Date Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 8:47pm
no cause he lives in north carolina...and is in the process of getting her her own car...wish he could..

Posted By: HowardAlumAKA
Date Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 10:22pm
Tell her to keep looking, tons of other jobs she can get.

Print Page | Close Window