Print Page | Close Window

Kevin Hart: No Gay Jokes but Dark Skinned Jokes OK

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=371150
Printed Date: Jun 20 2018 at 12:36pm

Topic: Kevin Hart: No Gay Jokes but Dark Skinned Jokes OK
Posted By: femmemichelle
Subject: Kevin Hart: No Gay Jokes but Dark Skinned Jokes OK
Date Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 8:04pm
http://bossip.com/972620/funny-or-foul-kevin-hart-says-hed-rather-make-jokes-about-dark-skinned-women-than-insult-gays/" rel="nofollow - http://bossip.com/972620/funny-or-foul-kevin-hart-says-hed-rather-make-jokes-about-dark-skinned-women-than-insult-gays/

Kevin Hart Says He’d Rather Make Jokes About Black Women Than Gays :

“I’m not a political guy. I don’t really deal with Democrats or Republicans. I don’t find that funny,” he tells  http://www.playboy.com/" rel="nofollow - Playboy ’s June issue. “And I don’t talk about the gay community, be it male or female. No thank you! It’s such a sensitive subject. I’ve seen comics get into serious trouble by joking about gay people. It’s too dangerous. Whatever you say, any joke you make about the gay community, it’s going to be misconstrued. It’s not worth it.”

But, the Real Husbands Of Hollywood star isn’t  http://bossip.com/737352/chitchatter-kevin-hart-talks-comedy-and-finally-apologizes-for-calling-dark-skinned-women-broke-azz-dark-hoes/" rel="nofollow - afraid to rock the boat when it comes to light-skinned vs. dark-skinned women .

Defending his jokes, Kevin says, “That was just me being silly on Twitter, playing on a trending topic. Some people were offended by it, but that’s always a risk with comedy. Nobody’s going to find everything funny. I didn’t feel I had to apologize for something that was misconstrued and taken out of context. I have no ill will toward women, not dark-skinned women, not light-skinned women. I was just being silly. I’m a comedian. Being silly is my job; it’s how I pay my bills.”

This is why I'm finding it nearly impossible to come to the aid of some of our well known men. He openly admitted that he'd hesitate to tell a gay joke but admonishing his own women? Clearly not a problem! And why? Because he knows the gay community will raise hell while WE allow our men to not only take our money but take a flaming sh*t on us when they've "made it." 

Replies:
Posted By: herwoman
Date Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 8:06pm
*deeeeep sigh*

Posted By: thewonderfulwa
Date Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 8:10pm
I need to know what was taken out of context

Posted By: Benni
Date Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 8:15pm
I see his point.

If you're black, and talk/joke about black people, no one calls you racist.

If you're not gay and make jokes about gays....The whole LGBT community will want you burned at the stake.

Can't please everyone.

Posted By: MizzAmirah
Date Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 8:16pm
Umm, is this for real?

Posted By: liesnalibis
Date Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 8:18pm
Well I can proudly say I've never spent any money with him.

Date Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 8:19pm
Black men openly encourage each other and other races to disrespect us.

Posted By: AwesomeAries
Date Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 8:20pm
present

Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 8:21pm
lol @ AA

Is this a recent article? Could have sworn we spoke about this before

Date Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 8:23pm
Why dark skin niccas always coon the hardest?

Date Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 8:23pm
^^Twas posted yesterday on Bossip so I'm sure it's fairly recent.

Posted By: rickysrose
Date Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 8:24pm
yeah posters do this mess too

Very side eye worthy

The backlash should be severe enough for him to issue us an "apology"

We'll get there

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 8:25pm
It's very sad that he would say this when he has such a cute little dark skinned daughter.

Posted By: herwoman
Date Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

It's very sad that he would say this when he has such a cute little dark skinned daughter.
Had he been rich when she was conceived she would be mixed.

Posted By: f8dagrate
Date Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by femmemichelle femmemichelle wrote:

LOL Bossip ain't sheit. But yes this has been spoken about before for some reason Bossip posted. They must have been having a slow day

Date Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 8:28pm
Shocked Ouch

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-a&hs=v5x&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=fflb&q=kevin+hart+height&stick=H4sIAAAAAAAAAGOovnz8BQMDgzoHnxCnfq6-QXp6gWGelkR2spV-QWp-QU4qkCoqzs-zykjNTM8oablZ7KG01fTxozslBz59lHfwkpfNAgAZXFjYRAAAAA&sa=X&ei=3tKLU-GIO9DuoAS7r4K4BQ&ved=0CL8BEOgTKAEwGA" rel="nofollow - Height : 5' 2" (1.57 m)

Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

yeah posters do this mess too

Very side eye worthy

The backlash should be severe enough for him to issue us an "apology"

We'll get there

*Drinks scolding hot Olvatine. Name names RickyRose

Interesting question here

Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

Date Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by f8dagrate f8dagrate wrote:

LOL Bossip ain't sheit. But yes this has been spoken about before for some reason Bossip posted. They must have been having a slow day

It's from the June issue of Playboy which was released less than a week ago.

Date Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 8:36pm

It's from the June issue of Playboy which was released less than a week ago.

Girl that tweet is old as hell. Please BHM historians find that thread.

Date Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

@lies Do you like Tommy Sotomoyor?

Date Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 8:37pm

Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

@lies Do you like Tommy Sotomoyor?

No I don't like him. He's entertaining at times though.

Date Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 8:38pm
Lol I think the tweet is old but the comment about not making gay jokes is new. Bossip and Rumor Fix just connected the two and are wondering why he won't make gay jokes but will make black women jokes at a moment's notice.

Posted By: zolloh
Date Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 8:57pm
it's all about self-preservation, y'all aint gon' do nothing, will still go watch his movies....he's making sure his Modern Family gig is always open for a recurring role Stern Smile

Posted By: ThatGurlD
Date Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 9:15pm
I just got Ride Along on Redbox, I want my $1.30 back Angry

Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 9:29pm

LOL

Posted By: Bored w/Out Me?
Date Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 9:33pm
So that explains Y he traded in his Lovely Chocolate Xwife for the exotical blasian....

hes a sucka

Posted By: keepgrowing
Date Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 9:33pm
Lies is right. So are we going to sit and analyze the doings and psyche of black men like we did black women in that one thread where she was sexually assaulted or nah? 

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 9:38pm
Yall silly as hell I swear.

Posted By: bindy
Date Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 9:41pm
At the end of the day this is a black and white issue. A white person can be of any political or sexual persuasion but is usually not considered "dark skinned".

He does not make gay or political jokes because they may offend whites.

Posted By: AmiliaCabral
Date Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 9:42pm
no backbone ass nicca

Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 9:52pm
Do blk guys even buy playboy?

Anywho he basically saying he can say what he wants because unlike the gays yall gonna keep the money coming and even if u did it would fail in comparison.

Posted By: OhMyCurlz
Date Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 9:55pm
I don't phuck with this shiny crispity crunchety coon ass unfunny dwarf. He is probably the most undeserving "famous" comedian since Tracy Morgan. He's been capitalizing on making fun of his kids and ex-wife and being the ADHD 'other' in movies for years. I will be ELATED when he fades back into the back ground. 

You are okay with making fun of your own, under the premise of "making jokes" or "satire", but you aren't bold enough to make fun of other minority groups that encompass white people. I'm sure he wouldn't have any problem making 'jokes' about black gays if gayness were exclusive to black people. 

I'm so tired of these new ni**as I swear. 

Date Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 9:58pm
He knows Black women won't boycott him...

Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 10:07pm
that is one lil salty midget cancer...

lmao

Posted By: DiorShowGirl
Date Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by OhMyCurlz<b> OhMyCurlz wrote:

I don't phuck with this shiny crispity crunchety coon ass unfunny dwar
f. He is probably the most undeserving "famous" comedian since Tracy Morgan. He's been capitalizing on making fun of his kids and ex-wife and being the ADHD 'other' in movies for years. I will be ELATED when he fades back into the back ground. 

You are okay with making fun of your own, under the premise of "making jokes" or "satire", but you aren't bold enough to make fun of other minority groups that encompass white people. I'm sure he wouldn't have any problem making 'jokes' about black gays if gayness were exclusive to black people. 

I'm so tired of these new ni**as I swear. 

OHDEARSWEETHEAVENLYJESUSLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLCryCryCryCryCry  *CLUTCHES PEARLS AND HOLY BIBLE*

Posted By: DiorShowGirl
Date Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

that is one lil salty midget cancer...

lmao

STOP...JUST STOP_________________LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLCryCryCryCryCry

Posted By: iliveforbhm
That shyt was funny though but he don't wanna get killed by the LGBT community and black women are just gonna bytch and still watch his movies eating Popeyes.

Posted By: noneyons
i mentioned this a while ago. 

Quote i don't understand how anyone would give him a pass.boggles my mind.

on top of his telling us that 1)we're too sensitive when he makes jokes about dark skinned women despite the fact that he's been quoted as saying 'he would never do gay jokes because he doesn't want to offend the homosexual community, 2) his kee keeing with white folk and fellow coons on that disgusting, downright degrading #stopblackgirls twitter garbage, yall don't have a problem with him lumping us all together here?

Kevin says:“Black women assume they know your life, that’s the funniest thing about black women.
“I read so much stuff that Black women say, especially about my relationship. 

who's being sensitive now? pot, kettle...bullsh*t. nicca got a problem with black women. that's all there is to it. but if some of yall like it, i love it.

don't make the sh*t any less bizzare.

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/kevin-hart-admits-he-messed-up_topic367968_page11.html" rel="nofollow - http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/kevin-hart-admits-he-messed-up_topic367968_page11.html

Posted By: bindy
Date Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by iliveforbhm iliveforbhm wrote:

That shyt was funny though but he don't wanna get killed by the LGBT community and black women are just gonna bytch and still watch his movies eating Popeyes.
always on the troll I see....

Date Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 10:33pm

Not surprised u found it funny

Posted By: oneluv
Date Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 10:33pm
Someone needs to acknowledge the fact that his daughter is dark skin. This poor girl is going to have so many problems. Her father left her mom for a light skinned woman and is always dissing dark skin. Not to mention she's being raised in Calabasas a place filled with rich white people in the entertainment industry. Black boys openly don't like black girls there and the black kids want to belong so bad that they run away from anything anyone black. Its a true tragedy. This little girl is going to have a lot of issues growing up dark and with a father that reinforces stereotypes about dark skin. My little brother looks up to Kevin Hart and says really bad things about dark skin girls and is always quoting Kevin Hart. Kevins a joke.

Posted By: Jess
Date Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 10:34pm
Kevin Hart is trash.

Posted By: SeeminglySweet
Date Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by oneluv oneluv wrote:

Someone needs to acknowledge the fact that his daughter is dark skin. This poor girl is going to have so many problems. Her father left her mom for a light skinned woman and is always dissing dark skin. Not to mention she's being raised in Calabasas a place filled with rich white people in the entertainment industry. Black boys openly don't like black girls there and the black kids want to belong so bad that they run away from anything anyone black. Its a true tragedy. This little girl is going to have a lot of issues growing up dark and with a father that reinforces stereotypes about dark skin. My little brother looks up to Kevin Hart and says really bad things about dark skin girls and is always quoting Kevin Hart. Kevins a joke.

Ding Ding Ding! The entire point of my thread the other day.

Posted By: oneluv
Date Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by SeeminglySweet SeeminglySweet wrote:

Originally posted by oneluv oneluv wrote:

Ding Ding Ding! The entire point of my thread the other day.

Just watch she's gonna be a hot mess and its gonna be all his fault.

Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 10:46pm

I pledge to be nice for a week  . I can't share my op on his joke . Everything that comes out a comedian mouth is not funny or proper . I miss people like Richard pryor /Redd foxx .

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 10:56pm
Hmmm, is this new black or cooning? Does it matter? I get them confused because they're both self-loathing.LOL

Date Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 11:04pm
Kevin dont think of his daughter when he says these things....shes not one of "those" women...like when rappers talk about bitches n hos. Theres a disconnect. .nelly'esk

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by herwoman herwoman wrote:

Had he been rich when she was conceived she would be mixed.

Posted By: Blac1Chyna
Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 2:02am
kevin hart is a corny c00n but he knows money talks

you say one sideways sh*t about a gay and your career is over. gays ride or die. you not gone even think about disrespecting them wo paying the consequences

you can disrespect dark skinned women all day long but they and their baby daddies and sons will be the main ones still lining your pockets.

lil wayne said some fouler sh*t about dark skinned black women and he's still a heavy hitter in rap...

Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 2:04am
Originally posted by Blac1Chyna Blac1Chyna wrote:

you say one sideways sh*t about a gay and your career is over. gays ride or die. you not gone even think about disrespecting them wo paying the consequences

you can disrespect dark skinned women all day long but they and their baby daddies and sons will be the main ones still lining your pockets.

lil wayne said some fouler sh*t about dark skinned black women and he's still a heavy hitter in rap...

LOL why you got to us dark skinned women like though. I don't even have a baby's daddy yet................

Posted By: Blac1Chyna
Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 2:11am

LOL why you got to us dark skinned women like though. I don't even have a baby's daddy yet................

lol im sorry but he has way too many black female fans in general for him to be saying the sh*t he does and still have a career. he may be accepted by yt Hollywood NOW but he got his start off black people's support. and yts are fickle as hell they will find a new nicca to support if they tire of him... i'm past even thinking that the black men would stand behind us, overall we cant even get them to raise all their children in the same household by one woman so I know damn well they aint gone care if a comedian openly insults us.

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 2:15am
I wonder of this is in the light bright book of privileges

Posted By: Lilaca
Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 3:24am

I Look forward to him receiving personal racism/short jokes from his beloved clear fans. We dark/light/other skinned niccas won't be standing up for you.

Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 5:40am

Black men openly encourage each other and other races to disrespect us.

It's a miracle, I agree!

Posted By: keepgrowing
Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 8:14am

lol im sorry but he has way too many black female fans in general for him to be saying the sh*t he does and still have a career. he may be accepted by yt Hollywood NOW but he got his start off black people's support. and yts are fickle as hell they will find a new nicca to support if they tire of him... i'm past even thinking that the black men would stand behind us, overall we cant even get them to raise all their children in the same household by one woman so I know damn well they aint gone care if a comedian openly insults us.

Yeah nothing will happen to Kevin. Him and every rapper will be ok just like JB saying the n word and any other white celeb that says the n word will be ok. It would be nice if blacks could boycott these celebs.

Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 8:45am
I don't know why yall don't ride on guys like Kevin Hart. If you did they will be less likely to make fun of you in such coonery ways. I guess I have to do it since you won't.

Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 8:59am
I'd have no problems with his cooning if he had said I'm a comedian .. All bets are off tbh

But the selective humour .. Naaah

Can't get jiggy with that sh*t

Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 10:32am
I wonder if he knows what he's done is dehumanising and that he is complicit in the perpetuation of the "negroid female caricature" stereotype

Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 10:45am
Most comedy is dehumanizing.

Posted By: AmiliaCabral
Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 10:46am
He not even gonna make jokes about gay black people? Cuz child they some comical mofos. He must be scared of the booty goons

Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 10:54am

Most comedy is dehumanizing.
not when you publicly say .. I won't diss this group, I'm not political

But this group, naw fucck dem nigguhs ... I'm sh*t on these nigguhs right here

It's dehumanising when you strip power from one group and accord another

Posted By: fckwitmeuknoigotit
Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 10:59am
k hart hasn't been funny to me since paper soldiers, tbh..

his comedy isn't appealing to me. this girl i used to talk to used to think he was the funniest person alive and quote all his jokes...turnoff like a mofo.

Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 11:00am
does anyone watch last comic standing?  

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 11:10am
Dark chicks coon just as hard as dark men.....

Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 11:11am
never heard of last comic standing but i saw comicview is back on BET.

Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 11:13am
Exactly Sandra. I read on Facebook this dark skin girl was saying I don't mess with dark skin men, what does that look like two dark skin people.

I was just shaking my head, her mind is in the gutter and she doesn't know her history or have any knowledge.

Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 11:16am
Originally posted by fckwitmeuknoigotit fckwitmeuknoigotit wrote:

It is...i was watching it, but I was confused about whether it was new or not.  BET needed more programming after the success of real husbands and it seems like Mary Jane is popular.

Last comic standing is on NBC hosted by JB SMoove and judged by keenan ivory Satan's, roseanne, and some Indian comedian.  

Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 11:28am
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

how many do so on the platform Kevin hart has?

Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 11:31am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

This is in reference to the comments about dark men cooning hard.....

Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 11:40am

Originally posted by fckwitmeuknoigotit fckwitmeuknoigotit wrote:

It is...i was watching it, but I was confused about whether it was new or not.  BET needed more programming after the success of real husbands and it seems like Mary Jane is popular.

Last comic standing is on NBC hosted by JB SMoove and judged by keenan ivory Satan's, roseanne, and some Indian comedian.  
yea i didn't know if it was new either. the time slot threw me off cuz it was on during the afternoon.

lol @ keenan ivory satan. autocorrect? i like jb smoove so i'll have to check that out.

Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 11:47am

Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 12:04pm

Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

This is in reference to the comments about dark men cooning hard.....

Posted By: lanae
Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

Kevin dont think of his daughter when he says these things....shes not one of "those" women...like when rappers talk about bitches n hos. Theres a disconnect. .nelly'esk

He is not talking abt his daughter. Children are innocent. I think they are subconsiously talking abt their own mothers.

Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 12:15pm
Is it cooning if light skin women say the same thing about light skin men? Because....every light skin woman I've ever met has either a) a strong (exclusive) preference for pitch black men or b) has said they intentionally stay away from light skin men. 

We a mess.Cry

Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 12:16pm
Yes it's cooning and a disconnect.

Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by AmiliaCabral AmiliaCabral wrote:

He not even gonna make jokes about gay black people? Cuz child they some comical mofos. He must be scared of the booty goons

Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 12:19pm
It all comes from the same colorstruck belief in our community

Light skin = feminine
Dark skin = masculine

So obviously it's going to effect dating patterns differently

Originally posted by OhMyCurlz OhMyCurlz wrote:

Is it cooning if light skin women say the same thing about light skin men? Because....every light skin woman I've ever met has either a) a strong (exclusive) preference for pitch black men or b) has said they intentionally stay away from light skin men. 

We a mess.Cry

Posted By: Marcelo22
Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by OhMyCurlz OhMyCurlz wrote:

We a mess.Cry

u can have a preference without dissing people who don't fit it...but many people can't do that

Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 12:23pm
Nope  its not....having a preference for dark skin and being black is natural.......

Posted By: BeatriceBean
Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 12:24pm

Think Like A Man Too is coming out this summer. We'll see who's really mad.

Posted By: BeatriceBean
Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 12:26pm

If he's going to take shots at Black women, I would love to give him a reason. Taye Diggs him then he can diss and dismiss to his heart's desire!

Posted By: Lilaca
Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 3:48pm
People like this forget they probably came from a dark skinned coochie/di*k

Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by BeatriceBean BeatriceBean wrote:

Think Like A Man Too is coming out this summer. We'll see who's really mad.

Boycott?

But, oh wait. Only sensible groups actually know how to withhold their money from people who disparage them. We as a group have lost that ability throughout the years. That movie will be a top grosser because of us and he'll continue laughing at us while we continue to make excuses for not only him, but the vast majority of black males in Hollywood who have his mindset. And the cycle will continue. The end.

Date Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 11:10am
10:00 - 11:40

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&docid=8LLE1H7vetExWM&tbnid=1T3XJYq4RPPNUM:&ved=&url=http%3A%2F%2Fgiphy.com%2Fgifs%2Fu9pVdgN26tpK0&ei=2vGNU_yEGYzioASx84Fo&bvm=bv.68235269,d.cGU&psig=AFQjCNF9c96Hi04X-0uvE3CtlI86XKeZNw&ust=1401897818606602" rel="nofollow">

Print Page | Close Window