Forum Name: Weaves / Extensions
Forum Description: Discussions on Weaves
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=371145
Printed Date: Jul 18 2018 at 5:27am

Topic: Just in from Bella Donna
Posted By: yunvme2
Subject: Just in from Bella Donna
Date Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 4:46pm
OK so I took the plunge and ordered from BellaDonna I had been eyeing them and Hautelocks for some time and decided to go with Bella even though there were not a lot of reviews at the time. 

I contacted them via email they were very prompt in replying and super helpful. I purchased the Eurasian Curly in 22,24,26 and 28 inches. 
I requested the coarsest curliest bundles and that is what I have received. Mind you that I just received the hair it will be getting colored this week and sent off to Flyhoneywigs to be made into a part so I can rock it during the summer. 

But so far the overall quality is by far some of the best I have seen in a while reminds me of what Wags used to be like way back when. The hair is curly from weft and the way to the ends which are ringlets which I am loving BTW because I love me some curly hair and this is it. 

I ordered on May 21 and I received the hair May 30th it was freshly washed and conditioned and smelled great. I have not co-washed yet but will post more pictures after I do and advise of how it behaves but so far I am beyond happy. 

Let me know what you think :) sorry some of the photos came out a dark. 

Hair came packaged very professionally and pretty in the satin bag were my bundles in individual smaller branded bags that included a card advising of length and type of hair. 

Wefts are thin and strong beards are almost completely undetectable. 

Texture was completely on point and exactly what I wanted. 

Curls go all the way to the ends of the hair.

All pictures are right out of the package I have done nothing to the hair as of yet but I will be updating this thread as I do alter the hair. 

Replies:
Posted By: Brilaw
Date Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 5:23pm
Thank you for posting pics. 
The hair is lovely!Heart

Posted By: CurvyGirl27
Date Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 5:30pm
Wow, those curls and that texture is so beautiful! I am glad to see that you had a good experience too! What shade are you getting the hair colored to? I can't wait to see the follow-up pics. 

Date Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 5:32pm
I am planning on doing a honey ombre. 

Date Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 5:34pm
Oooh, that should be pretty and sounds just right for summer. I haven't had a unit made by Renee yet but I think I am going to try her out for a bob later on this summer. I hear she does good work though so I'm sure your unit will come out great. 

Date Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 5:41pm
Yes I think the unit will come out good not sure I want to put all four bundles on it tho that would be a lot of hair. I am going to see what the curl pattern looks like after I bleach it. 

Posted By: atexaschick
Date Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 5:48pm
Beautiful

Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 5:50pm
Love the curls . The hair looks just like that Arjunni janice price at 2 million a inch lol .  I wonder if she finally stop ripping people off and close shop .

Date Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by atexaschick atexaschick wrote:

Beautiful

Thanks did you get your Hautelocks installed yet?

Posted By: WhitWhit86
Date Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 6:33pm
Very pretty texture! Can't wait to see it installed!

Posted By: thickblkbarbie
Date Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 7:02pm
Beautiful hair that's how I received mine , please do a test before bleaching I know I died my kinky black and the texture changed only a small ,bit but it still came out nice.. Good luck on installing 4 bundles it sure will a lot of hair but it will be Goergous !!!

Posted By: ExotiqBeautii
Date Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 7:46pm
IM DROOLING! I WANT TO CUT A PIECE OF THAT CURLY HAIR AND PUT IT IN MY POCKET! LOL

Posted By: jonesy0329
Date Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 9:08pm
My goodness, that hair is pretty.

Posted By: JaceDummy
Date Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 9:48pm
You've been thanked for making this post! 

Yes. I envy you! Embarrassed

Posted By: nanikoa25
Date Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 10:05pm
More photos please!!!!!! I am so impatient waiting for my hair to arrive!!! lol.  Can you hold up the lengths to your head so we can see length?

Posted By: Brilaw
Date Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 11:53pm
Originally posted by nanikoa25 nanikoa25 wrote:

More photos please!!!!!! I am so impatient waiting for my hair to arrive!!! lol.  Can you hold up the lengths to your head so we can see length?

Yes pleasssee do this

Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 1:16am
Originally posted by yunvme2 yunvme2 wrote:

Beautiful

I get it installed next week. I need to order from bella asap before too many people order and the quality starts to decline.

Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 8:06am
Originally posted by thickblkbarbie thickblkbarbie wrote:

Beautiful hair that's how I received mine , please do a test before bleaching I know I died my kinky black and the texture changed only a small ,bit but it still came out nice.. Good luck on installing 4 bundles it sure will a lot of hair but it will be Goergous !!!

Your right maybe I will do a test first I don't want to ruin the curl pattern. Thanks barbie for the suggestion. My bleach comes today so I will post more pictures when I complete the test. I still need to co-wash as well. Hey does anybody know if you can co-wash right before bleaching or does the hair need to be dry? I was also thinking for adding some oil to bleach so that the hair does not dry out. Has anyone ever tried that?

Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 8:08am

Yes I can do that later today I already did that when I received and each bundle is about four inches shorter than if it were straight due to the curls if that makes sense but I will post pics later today. 

Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 8:13am

Beautiful

I get it installed next week. I need to order from bella asap before too many people order and the quality starts to decline.

Yes I know what you mean I think that they are capable of handling it but I have seen so many companies fall apart with too many orders hopefully this will not be the case because I was just feeling like I have found a long time vendor. 

Posted By: divastar
Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 10:34am
Originally posted by thickblkbarbie thickblkbarbie wrote:

Could you post pics of your kinky? Is it a true kc or could it pass for afro kc?

Posted By: alphashallows
Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 12:30pm
gorgeous bundles! 

Posted By: misslexy22
Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 12:38pm
This curly hair looks really pretty.

Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 6:26pm
Ok so I took pictures of the shortest and longest bundles. 

Here is the 22inch 

Here is the 28 inch

Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 6:33pm
Ok here are some pics of my daughters Kinky Curly that she got from BellaDonna 

She purchased 16, and a 18 inch. 

here is the 16 inch 

Texture shots 

Date Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 7:46pm
Lovely!! Would you say the kinky curly is loose or tight curls?

Posted By: pepsi25
Date Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 8:22am
That Hair is GAWGEOUS!

Posted By: Daymarme
Date Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 9:15am
@yunvme2 First of all that hair is GORGEOUS. Quick question...if I opt for a 12/14 or 14/16, do you think I could get away with ordering two bundles? I like full hair, but not huge hair. 

Date Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 11:05am
Originally posted by Daymarme Daymarme wrote:

@yunvme2 First of all that hair is GORGEOUS. Quick question...if I opt for a 12/14 or 14/16, do you think I could get away with ordering two bundles? I like full hair, but not huge hair. 

Yes I think you could. Shorter bundles will have longer wefts. 

Date Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 11:06am
Originally posted by divastar divastar wrote:

I think they are in the middle its very thick and super soft but ends are tiny ringlets. 

Date Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 11:08am

Originally posted by divastar divastar wrote:

I think they are in the middle its very thick and super soft but ends are tiny ringlets. 

Just when I thought I had made my decision...sigh...I love tiny ringlets. 

Date Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 11:19am
OK I need some help I dyed the hair instead of doing bleach I wanted to keep the hair it tact without damaging it as much as I could so I opted for a no bleach method. I used this to color it in the golden ginger color.  

The first two bundles I got impatient and washed the color off way to soon and it did not lift as much as I wanted it to and the last two bundles lifted much faster and are lighter than the first two. My question is can I reapply the color again? Or would that damage the hair to much?

Also I had no shedding on the 22 and 24 inch bundles but I had some light shedding on the 26 and 28 inch bundles so I will be sealing the wefts after I am done with the coloring. 

I am deep conditioning the hair at this time with Silicon mix mixed with Kanechom Chocolate Deep Conditioning Creme it has been soaking in the mixture since last night.

Date Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 12:38pm
Thx! Placing my order now.

Posted By: etowngirl22
Date Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 8:18pm

fyi apparently I'm the only one but I can't say I'm particularly THRILLED with their customer service. I mean they're definately nice and all but turnaround time for me to get a response is like 3 days, nothing jizz worthy imo. ordered on the 27th, haven't heard back with a tracking number yet. I guess their business has picked up a bit, but even ali vendors usually get back to me within 24 hours..... although at least Belladonna's english is better lol

on a separate note I think I might turn this hair around when it comes if anyone is looking to get it faster than belladonna is shipping out. my own fault but seeing this second set of pics just made me realize that the frizziness of their curly hair is the natural state... I had thought that was just one way you could style it by manipulating more. Its still very pretty hair, I know the frizz is what most people are loving, but I already was nervous about having big curly hair in a professional setting I think the frizziness might make me look not put together enough... i guess we'll see whenever it gets here

Posted By: carol7664
Date Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 9:06pm
When I used their "contact us" function on their website I did not hear back. I e-mailed them directly and got a response within the hour.

Date Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 9:46pm
I emailed them at 9:30am and got a response at 11am. LOL. They are probably really, really busy. 

Date Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 11:41pm

OK I need some help I dyed the hair instead of doing bleach I wanted to keep the hair it tact without damaging it as much as I could so I opted for a no bleach method. I used this to color it in the golden ginger color.  

The first two bundles I got impatient and washed the color off way to soon and it did not lift as much as I wanted it to and the last two bundles lifted much faster and are lighter than the first two. My question is can I reapply the color again? Or would that damage the hair to much?

Also I had no shedding on the 22 and 24 inch bundles but I had some light shedding on the 26 and 28 inch bundles so I will be sealing the wefts after I am done with the coloring. 

I am deep conditioning the hair at this time with Silicon mix mixed with Kanechom Chocolate Deep Conditioning Creme it has been soaking in the mixture since last night.

You should do a test before dying again, As i mention even when i dyed my kinky to black, curls sort of stretched out some, but it's still lovely

Date Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 11:44pm
carol and jacedummy, had you ordered yet when you were getting these super fast responses? maybe I'm low priority since they already have my money Confused

Date Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 11:50pm
Last week when I had a question about a order, she was super fast with a response, and it was after Mid Night!! I emailed them off the pay pal order.

Date Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 12:02am
actually just now seeing an email from just about 2 hours after my post, she apologizes for  the slow response time, wonder if she checks these boards haha. either way props to her for acknowledging, apparently there was an issue with emailing from her phone

Posted By: Beweavethis
Date Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by etowngirl22 etowngirl22 wrote:

I am interested pm if you decide to sell

<p ="p1">fyi apparently I'm the only one but I can't say I'm particularly THRILLED with their customer service. I mean they're definately nice and all but turnaround time for me to get a response is like 3 days, nothing jizz worthy imo. ordered on the 27th, haven't heard back with a tracking number yet. I guess their business has picked up a bit, but even ali vendors usually get back to me within 24 hours..... although at least Belladonna's english is better lol

<p ="p1">on a separate note I think I might turn this hair around when it comes if anyone is looking to get it faster than belladonna is shipping out. my own fault but seeing this second set of pics just made me realize that the frizziness of their curly hair is the natural state... I had thought that was just one way you could style it by manipulating more. Its still very pretty hair, I know the frizz is what most people are loving, but I already was nervous about having big curly hair in a professional setting I think the frizziness might make me look not put together enough... i guess we'll see whenever it gets here

Posted By: TexturizedDiva
Date Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 11:28am
Honestly, this hair is starting to look like some tight/deep curly that has been cowashed and plopped before packaging.  If that's the case I'm sitting on about 60 bundles of that right now.  Off to the lab!

Posted By: Brjasuga51
Date Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 11:33am
Originally posted by TexturizedDiva TexturizedDiva wrote:

Honestly, this hair is starting to look like some tight/deep curly that has been cowashed and plopped before packaging.  If that's the case I'm sitting on about 60 bundles of that right now.  Off to the lab!
Please show the results after your experiment Smile

Date Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 11:34am

I'll be receiving my bundles without belladonna washing them first due to time constraints so I will be able to see how they look straight from the manufacturer
Say it aint so after the price increase of $5...gurlllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Date Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 11:34am
I'll be receiving my bundles without belladonna washing them first due to time constraints so I will be able to see how they look straight from the manufacturer

Date Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 11:39am
Lol. I paid the original prices and im getting reimbursed $25 for it. I really needed it by tomorrow so theyre promising they can deliver.

Date Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 11:42am

Lol. I paid the original prices and im getting reimbursed $25 for it. I really needed it by tomorrow so theyre promising they can deliver.
That's good.

Posted By: Super22Star
Date Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 12:19pm
I'm not sure if it was mentioned and maybe I missed it but what's their turn around time from purchasing to actually receiving your hair?

Date Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 12:40pm

TexturizedDiva, is that a good thing or a bad thing?

And SuperStar22, I ordered on the 27th and got a shipping number yesterday but all it says so far is electronic shipping info received. aka probably hasn't been picked up yet

Date Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by Super22Star Super22Star wrote:

I'm not sure if it was mentioned and maybe I missed it but what's their turn around time from purchasing to actually receiving your hair?

On the website it says up to 9 business days. Thats with processing and shipping.

Posted By: Princess Grace
Date Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 1:15pm

And SuperStar22, I ordered on the 27th and got a shipping number yesterday but all it says so far is electronic shipping info received. aka probably hasn't been picked up yet

Depending on how you set up your shipping for your website, you can get your tracking number if you have an account with UPS, USPS, FED EX it doesnt mean anyone is picking up anything or even that your order is ready to ship. It just means they created a tracking number for your order.

I have a website so I know you can...

Anyone can take this how they see fit, but 9 days sounds like drop shipping, or taking $$$ for hair that is not already in your possession and the Dead extra $5 for shampooing Confused sounds like expedited shipping fees being added on by their vendor in CHINA Shocked.

I mean lets put it all on the floor so people can make informed decisions on what they spending they money on.

Sorry but In Grace mind you cant give no glowing review on no hair that hasnt been anywhere near your scalp unless we are now counting holding it up by our ears. Shocked

No pm messages please and thanks. 

Date Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

Depending on how you set up your shipping for your website, you can get your tracking number if you have an account with UPS, USPS, FED EX it doesnt mean anyone is picking up anything or even that your order is ready to ship. It just means they created a tracking number for your order.

I have a website so I know you can...

Anyone can take this how they see fit, but 9 days sounds like drop shipping, or taking $$$ for hair that is not already in your possession and the Dead extra $5 for shampooing Confused sounds like expedited shipping fees being added on by their vendor in CHINA Shocked.

I mean lets put it all on the floor so people can make informed decisions on what they spending they money on.

Sorry but In Grace mind you cant give no glowing review on no hair that hasnt been anywhere near your scalp unless we are now counting holding it up by our ears. Shocked

No pm messages please and thanks. 

All hair that we purchase is coming from elsewhere that is how things work as a mater of fact everything we buy is made somewhere else purchased by someone else marked up than sold to the customer. I don't care about that as long as the company is doing quality control to make sure I get a good product that I am willing to pay for that. My hair was shipped from TX not China. But I am positive it was most likely purchased after my payment shipped to her then washed and checked for issues then sent out to me. I payed using Paypal so I felt protected in my purchase. All new businesses have to start somewhere right. 

Also I gave a review of what the hair was like straight out of the packaging which I stated in my post I also stated that I would continue to update everyone on the hair as I wash, dye, and install it which I have been doing. I am sorry if you took things the wrong way I tried to be honest in my experience. I thought the forum was where we post our first impressions and continue to update as we proceed forward I was asked by many people in PM to post and give my opinion I just I am just confused by your post. 

Date Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 1:53pm
Yes the hair ships from china. They say my closure is whats holding up my order because of a chinese holiday that was this past weekend. I thought that was weird as I work for a dress company based in china and our production team didnt take a break. But we will see what happens when my order gets here.

Date Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 3:12pm

Yes the hair ships from china. They say my closure is whats holding up my order because of a chinese holiday that was this past weekend. I thought that was weird as I work for a dress company based in china and our production team didnt take a break. But we will see what happens when my order gets here.

Dead

There was no Chinese holiday over the weekend, I got packages from 3 different vendors using  different shipping methods UPS and DHL.

Companies should not be taking money for items they don't have in their store, Im sorry you just shouldnt because If something goes wrong the customer is the one who will be left  out in the cold.

This is starting to remind me of another hair "boutique" Dead as a matter of fact a few of them who have came and gone. I hope YOU get your hair and it works out for you though, 

Date Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 3:22pm
So now we have 2 people giving long detailed reviews and explanations.  Hmmmmm the plot thickens.

Messy boots.

Date Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 3:38pm
This is hair from a PV on Ali that I have been very happy with.  I decided to try their deep curly a while ago due to the tightly curled ends although you can't really see them in the sample provided due to them getting smooshed sitting in my bin.

Obviously, the tighter the curl, the more definition, and the ends are important.  This may be a tad looser, but still.

Cowashed, denman-defined, plopped, and air-dried.

Date Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 3:42pm
Textured they can keep on logging in from they Android, Iphone, Laptop, Ipad, Kindle Fire, Use Morris Code, Send smoke signals , send a friend, Use a lifeline I DO NOT believe nothing that is being said and I did not read any of that mess.

I was right all along, the other person who aint in cahoots already waiting on a tracking number that works, and they already making up Chinese holidays to cover the fact that you are taking money for products YOU DONT HAVE IN THIS "BOUTIQUE" .

Chile Boo

Date Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 3:42pm

It's just a tighter curl, but no magic really.

Date Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 3:45pm
<<< But Im the drama queen, yeah okay lets go with that. Well I would rather be a honest drama queen than whatever this is....

Date Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 3:52pm
 IT IS DISHONEST TO TAKE A CUSTOMERS MONEY FOR :
A: PRODUCTS YOU DO NOT HAVE IN YOUR POSESSION
B: MAKE UP HOLIDAYS TO EXCUSE YOUR TARDY SHIPPING POLICY

If a item is out of stock then inform the customer and let THEM decide if they want to wait, not take their cc info and then HOPE your vendor comes through.

If they dont know that they should take a break and take a INTRO to Business class at their local CC. 

Date Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 4:03pm

IT IS DISHONEST TO TAKE A CUSTOMERS MONEY FOR :
A: PRODUCTS YOU DO NOT HAVE IN YOUR POSESSION
B: MAKE UP HOLIDAYS TO EXCUSE YOUR TARDY SHIPPING POLICY

If a item is out of stock then inform the customer and let THEM decide if they want to wait, not take their cc info and then HOPE your vendor comes through.

If they dont know that they should take a break and take a INTRO to Business class at their local CC. 

I can't speak to point A of your rant, but I do know that you are incorrect about point B. There was in fact a Chinese holiday from May 31st to June 3rd, as was discussed in the hair group because women were asking if there was a holiday because their vendors weren't online for them to order from. 

I didn't call you a drama queen but the content of your posts are certainly making you look like one. You are beating a dead horse and spewing nothing but negativity about things which you are unsure of and are completely wrong about. You are accusing me and another board member of being the same people, saying there wasn't a Chinese holiday when there was and everything else under the sun. I am not sure why you're so invested in this, especially when it seems apparent that despite how hard you try to prove otherwise, you really do not know what you're talking about. 

I'm not going to go back and forth with you as I've said once before, but I do take offense to you starting drama in my thread and another contributing member's thread based off your assumptions that are unfounded. You're creating unnecessary mess on the board but I'll leave you to it because I don't have time for it.  

Date Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 4:06pm
Not for nothing but a quick google search revealed there was a holiday, specifically the "Dragon Boat Festival" from May 31st - June 2nd.

Www.travelchinaguide.com/essential/holidays/calendar.htm

Okay, back to lurk mode and waiting on my tracking number.

Date Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 4:09pm
In their defense, there was the dragon boat festival holiday. The company I work for doesnt take time off for that so Im assuming its not a big holiday. My stuff was shipped today and I should have it tomorrow. They did tell me that the lace frontal I ordered is not something they keep in stock and had to be made. They emailed me just now and let me know they were able to wash my bundles before shipping as well. I know I shouldnt wait last minute to buy hair from these companies but I just needed some curly for my brazil trip and time slipped away from me. I think they just didnt want to turn away my order. They were the only vendor I emailed who said they could get me what I wanted in a week. We will see if the order comes in time and what it looks like.

Date Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 4:18pm

Yes my sister is waiting on an order from another vendor and there was a delay as well she was told there was type of Dragon festival holiday that started on the 31st the last day was on Monday so they should be back to business. Her order should come in by the end of the day tomorrow. But I was thinking that it really did not affect working days except for this past Monday so IDK unless they took off time prior to the actual start of it.  

Date Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 8:56pm
Curvy does sound like a vendor to me... *drops mic and runs out of thread* LOLLOL

Date Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 11:31pm

TexturizedDiva, sorry I'm slow, the top pictures are ali hair before and after cowashing/plopping and the bottom pics are the belladonna hair before and after cowashing/plopping? And you're basically saying the bella hair isn't that special compared to the ali hair? haha I'm sorry

Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 12:05am
also another maybe dumb question about everyone's obsession with hair that curls to the ends: obviously its unideal to have to cut off length that you paid good money for, but if the curls go almost to the ends, then become scraggely for like the last half inch, wouldn't trimming just that last half inch give you hair that's curly to the ends? Or do those then become scraggely

Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 1:06am

also another maybe dumb question about everyone's obsession with hair that curls to the ends: obviously its unideal to have to cut off length that you paid good money for, but if the curls go almost to the ends, then become scraggely for like the last half inch, wouldn't trimming just that last half inch give you hair that's curly to the ends? Or do those then become scraggely

It looks weird to have super curly hair with straight ends to me,  same reason most KC closres never look right, there is 1" or more of straight roots, then kc the rest of the wayConfused it just looks weird!

Posted By: ceelopink11
Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 5:11am
Just when you thought you found a decent company, they all do the same thing.

They are probably on vacation with your coins

Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 7:44am
Grace's perspective in a no shade post...

It is great for the 2-3 bhm members who had superb customer service and received their hair, had great customer service and received their orders in a timely manner. I myself found it slight odd that when Atexaschick asked about curly hair that this companies name kept being thrown around even though the reviews were scarce to none for Belladonna.

Not saying you have take my vendor suggestion but curly hair is always harder to manage due to it being harder to tame so I do not gamble away $300 + on curly hair.  In the original looking for curly hair thread I gave my thoughts and moved on. 

Now from a business aspect , I understand being a new start up company but with starting ANY company there are always risks involved .  IF you DO NOT have the product in your facility then it should be listed as SOLD OUT with a date you expect it to arrive. If the customer chooses to wait then fine, BUT it is deceiving to take someone payment THEN place your order with your supplier and crossing your fingers that everything will work out. Especially when receiving items from oversees, your package can sit in customs for 1 day or weeks. 

If as a business you do not have the capital to buy the product that you have listed as available then IMO you need a better business plan or a partner to raise more capital to pursue your venture.

There have been 4 members who have pmed me about the hair they have yet to receive, and now that refunds have been requested this great company has NOT responded to their refund requests.  So it is great that these members who hair their hair but that is not the case for everyone who purchased based on these glowing reviews.

So as a consumer they should have the RIGHT to know the good and the bad and let them make whatever decision feels would work for them, IF THEY CHOOSE TO WAIT FINE.  Downright shameful to produce tracking numbers for items that you cannot ship , giving the customer the impression that their hair is being prepped and sent to them when you dont even have it.

Would you go to starbucks and pay for a Pumpkin Spice Latte then accept them telling you " Oh sorry dear we are waiting on the pumpkin mix, please have a seat over there and we will email you when it comes?Confused  So why is anyone expected to accept that type of service for hair ???

Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 1:10pm

In my case, I never pay retail for hair because I always order wholesale and in bulk - keep some and sell the rest.  When I realized there was nothing special about this hair except a cowash and a denman (easily dupeable), I decided to save my hard-earned coins.  At first, I was still going to have it shipped, then check out the curl size/texture and either return or put up for sale in M2M. 

The owner (who I have a feeling is a member) was very responsive in the sales process, however after receiving my payment (I ordered >3 bundles), I was forced to wait.  When I inquired about the ship time, I was clearly directed to the 3-5 "processing" policy and told that I was on "day 3."

I saw the results of someone else who ordered and I was really turned off.  Those pretty curls lose their definition and turn to crap fast.  Towards week's end, I had seen enough and decided to cancel.  Suddenly the owner became unresponsive.  End of the day, I decided to get PayPal in that azz and I was promptly refunded, but still never received an email  or acknowledgement from the owner.

As for my experiment, I'm not saying that I have the dupe already (the hair used I was a larger curl, therefore looser),  but I'm just showing you there is nothing unique.  As for the noob that was mocking that, that Ali hair I used is 100% pure hair with no fillers, zero tangles, no dryness, and no drama.  Good hair can be found, but you just have to know how to find it.  Fortunately I do, and I just ordered some today and saved myself $230.

Oh and let me leave y'all with this little gem from the BD Haircare Guide (see bolded lavender text on their website):

It is not recommended that you install your beautiful magical unicorn curls into your own head - they strongly recommend making a wig with it.  If you do, you will have a lot of work to maintain it and will experience shedding and tangling.

I bid you good day.

Posted By: UrbanLegend
Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 1:30pm

TexturizedDiva, sorry I'm slow, the top pictures are ali hair before and after cowashing/plopping and the bottom pics are the belladonna hair before and after cowashing/plopping? And you're basically saying the bella hair isn't that special compared to the ali hair? haha I'm sorry
I wonder if ali vendors only knew how much MORE hair they could move if they just did the same thing Texturized Diva did with the after washing pics...? I wanna buy that ish right now.

Posted By: UrbanLegend
Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 1:34pm

In my case, I never pay retail for hair because I always order wholesale and in bulk - keep some and sell the rest.  When I realized there was nothing special about this hair except a cowash and a denman (easily dupeable), I decided to save my hard-earned coins.  At first, I was still going to have it shipped, then check out the curl size/texture and either return or put up for sale in M2M. 

The owner (who I have a feeling is a member) was very responsive in the sales process, however after receiving my payment (I ordered >3 bundles), I was forced to wait.  When I inquired about the ship time, I was clearly directed to the 3-5 "processing" policy and told that I was on "day 3."

I saw the results of someone else who ordered and I was really turned off.  Those pretty curls lose their definition and turn to crap fast.  Towards week's end, I had seen enough and decided to cancel.  Suddenly the owner became unresponsive.  End of the day, I decided to get PayPal in that azz and I was promptly refunded, but still never received an email  or acknowledgement from the owner.

As for my experiment, I'm not saying that I have the dupe already (the hair used I was a larger curl, therefore looser),  but I'm just showing you there is nothing unique.  As for the noob that was mocking that, that Ali hair I used is 100% pure hair with no fillers, zero tangles, no dryness, and no drama.  Good hair can be found, but you just have to know how to find it.  Fortunately I do, and I just ordered some today and saved myself $230.

Oh and let me leave y'all with this little gem from the BD Haircare Guide (see bolded lavender text on their website):

It is not recommended that you install your beautiful magical unicorn curls into your own head - they strongly recommend making a wig with it.  If you do, you will have a lot of work to maintain it and will experience shedding and tangling.

I bid you good day.
Not that I'm ever remotely interested in buying retail... but that right there? Yeah....no.

Posted By: Motheone
Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 3:56pm
I'm a newbie (clearly)and I initially bought the hair from the OP's experience (will never do that again, off of one review). I just purchased the hair 6/3/14, initially the CS was great, but of course since I've supplied my money no replies to my email. My question is can I still cancel my order through paypal at this point?

Also, I'll add this I bought SM last year BNC and tbh it was not worth the $$$ tangled all the time, but little shedding - very dry and super high maintenance. So sometimes more $$ does not equal better quality.

Date Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by Motheone Motheone wrote:

I'm a newbie (clearly)and I initially bought the hair from the OP's experience (will never do that again, off of one review). I just purchased the hair 6/3/14, initially the CS was great, but of course since I've supplied my money no replies to my email. My question is can I still cancel my order through paypal at this point?

Also, I'll add this I bought SM last year BNC and tbh it was not worth the $$$ tangled all the time, but little shedding - very dry and super high maintenance. So sometimes more $$ does not equal better quality.

Send her an email requesting to cancel.  Then go through PayPal.  Apparently that scares her into doing the right thing.

Date Posted: Jun 07 2014 at 4:29am

SMH...Thank GOD (and BHM) I dodged that bullet

Posted By: laddie
Date Posted: Jun 07 2014 at 10:16am
When will people learn? IA that the hair looked pretty in the original post. 
But that website looked like all the other take-your-money-and-send-to-china "hair boutiques."

Date Posted: Jun 07 2014 at 4:15pm

does make you say hmmm Confused what happened to the caped crusaders...

Date Posted: Jun 07 2014 at 7:40pm
It has gotten pretty quiet 'round these parts....

Probably trying to figure out what next with everyone withdrawin' their funds lol

Posted By: ceelopink11
Date Posted: Jun 08 2014 at 8:12pm
I wonder where the owners are taking a vacation

Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 7:18am
where are the people who where waiting on their hair?Geek

Posted By: pebbles251
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 8:59am
I really wanted some good curly hair but I honestly wasn't jumping on a bandwagon.

I need me some curly within a week

Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 9:54am
Mine is out for delivery according to the tracking info but I won't bother posting feedback. It seems alot of minds are already made up. If it is of good quality, I will happily do like some vets and keep it to myself.

Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 12:44pm
agree^
that's why the board dead.

Posted By: spencer4hire
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 12:53pm
^^^ above posters..... No one is suggesting that you not patronize the vendor in the OP...
It's about being transparent. If you are the vendor ( not sure if this is the case or not ) don't post
glowing reviews as if you are a customer as a means to boost your business .

At the end of the day, you make the final decision as to where you spend your cash. I appreciate
the members on this board's information that could possibly prevent me from making a decision based
on misinformation .

Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 12:56pm
Before you take my money I believe I have the right to know Im basically doing a group order is all.

Selling hair you do not have is dishonest, I can understand if I'm asking for 26" hair and that is a special request but 18" hair .

Posted By: Journey94
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 1:11pm
What kind of logic? I believe people prefer honest reviews from customers. I don't want reviews filled with unicorns, glitter, rainbows and tasty red balloons, if that's not the case. I want the real. Bad customer service or integrity is equivalent to bad weave. Spend your money where you want but no company alike with be getting my coins.

Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 1:28pm

Before you take my money I believe I have the right to know Im basically doing a group order is all.

Selling hair you do not have is dishonest, I can understand if I'm asking for 26" hair and that is a special request but 18" hair .

True !

Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 1:39pm

If I buy some hair...and its crawling up my back...best believe I am going to say summtin. I will pull up the list for vendors to avoid...write my epistle with details.

Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 1:41pm
Ok I have taken a look at everything posted in this thread that I started.

First off I have been a member on this board since 2007 I don't have as many posts as others because I read a lot and post when I deem it necessary but honestly this review is really no different from ones I have posted in the past feel free to check. 

I have not ever been a vendor nor will I ever be.

I only write posts on vendors based on my own experience and that is all I can speak on. And this thread is still on going I have not installed the hair yet as I am still customizing it and have yet to complete the coloring process that is why I have not updated it. But I will do so once I have completed that part before it is sent to Fly honey wigs. 

For those members who have purchased and cancelled or who are not happy with their purchase I am sorry that it did not work out I have been where you more times then I care to recount over the years. I knew what I was in for prior to ordering I was aware that I would not get my order for at least a week to 14 days as I asked plenty of questions prior to ordering. As with any vendor american or overseas you must due your own due diligence with a vendor to fully know what you are getting yourself into prior to ordering.
Never was I lied to by the vendor at all during the process. I will admit that I never emailed the vendor after I placed my initial order I waited to the 5 days for processing and got a tracking number and my hair was received in four days after shipping. 

Every experience with every vendor with each person will be different some people swear by certain vendors and I have ordered from them and had horrible experiences its a shame that they can't treat all customers the same but the fact is they don't. I take each experience as a learning experience and I know which vendors I can re-purchase from and which ones to stay clear of. 

I have only purchased from Wagmans and EP on the AV side so this is my 1st AV outside my normal circle of AV's. No purchases two purchases are the same period!!! 

That is just my two cents and everyone is entitled to a opinion this is just mine. You don't have to agree with me or my purchase but I don't have have any complaints at this time but that could change once the hair is actually installed. My posts thus far have only dealt with the purchasing process and my initial thoughts. As I stated earlier I will update this thread once the hair is installed. 

Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 2:22pm
I'm still waiting for my hair, I will update once its received and once its installed. I plan on having it installed immediately so I can wear it awhile before 7/4th and see how it behaves in the humidity. I've mentioned this before I've had Sassy Mitchell BNC and honestly I do not think that lived up to the hype - but again like the OP said all hair is not created equal.

I think after this I will go back to my natural hair - this has become too much of a task to find "quality hair". Or rock braids - Kanye shrug

Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by spencer4hire spencer4hire wrote:

@yunvme.... I wasn't referring to you being a possible vendor .... There was
another BellaDonna thread .....

Oh ok sorry for the confusion then … I took it the wrong way. 

Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 2:42pm
@yunvme.... I wasn't referring to you being a possible vendor .... There was
another BellaDonna thread .....

Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 3:14pm
anyway if yall know a good curly vendor pm me
I am looking at impressive hair coco curl but no review yet.

Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 3:41pm
I am not an expert at giving reviews,But i added a few tracks to my Lace wig for fullness, And so far, I have been watching the Tracks, for matting ,and tangles,and the curl pattern,I did not install all of the hair,but I am calling it bad hair just yet, in fact I co wash the hair over weekend, and hair was very pretty, minimal shedding, and I did seal the wefts, then again the shedding could of been coming from the wig, I ordered another bundle of Kinky last Sunday, and received it today, I really like the Kinky,the curls are more define, that just my opinion.I am a risk taker,but that is just me.

Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 4:03pm
But i added a few tracks to my Lace wig for fullness

Is this the Bella Donna hair you're referring to?

Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 4:20pm

But i added a few tracks to my Lace wig for fullness

Is this the Bella Donna hair you're referring to?

yes..

Posted By: BaayyyyBay
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 9:53pm
People scared of what they look like without the weave and that's why the board is dead.

Date Posted: Jun 11 2014 at 1:53am

I bid you good day.

am I the noob? I honestly was just confused. Also update, received my hair on friday but had also ordered some ali hair while waiting for it to come (I ordered back on the 27th). I agree that Belladonna's vendor is probably a member, when I complained on here about slow email responses I finally got a response about an hour later. The members on this thread all strike me as just giving their honest opinions though... but what do I knowLOL anywayss the hair is pretty but probably going to return it cause its my first time really doing curly hair and I can already tell this texture will be too much for me to handle. no point in spending 300+ on hair if you don't know how to make it look right. also I'm a broke ass college student and the ali hair isn't a perfect match but the savings of $180 is enough to tip the scale. I really would keep it though, if I was a member of the workforce lol

if I can help anyone out by getting them this hair faster than Belladonna is shipping out, lmk, otherwise I'll just return it

Date Posted: Jun 11 2014 at 10:35pm

I'm still waiting for my hair, I will update once its received and once its installed. I plan on having it installed immediately so I can wear it awhile before 7/4th and see how it behaves in the humidity. I've mentioned this before I've had Sassy Mitchell BNC and honestly I do not think that lived up to the hype - but again like the OP said all hair is not created equal.

I think after this I will go back to my natural hair - this has become too much of a task to find "quality hair". Or rock braids - Kanye shrug

I purchased from Sassy Mitchell twice as well and I wouldn never order from them again. The first order I had shed so bad (I didn't seal the wefts but I never do on any of my orders). The shedding was terrible it was hard to keep the sew-in in for a month. The second time I orderd (assuming I just received a bad bundle) was not as bad. It did not shed as bad as my first order but as soon as I dyed the hair black the curl pattern left. The hair looked like naturally straight hair which is not what I paid all that money for. Since I had two bad experiences I wouldn't order from SM again.

Print Page | Close Window