Print Page | Close Window

Thats why youre Black!

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=371086
Printed Date: Feb 20 2018 at 10:24pm

Topic: Thats why youre Black!
Posted By: SeeminglySweet
Subject: Thats why youre Black!
Date Posted: May 29 2014 at 9:38pm
Today I witnessed a mother tease her young son that he was "black".
Her son was being slightly unruly, and to get beneath his skin she retorted, "That's why you're black!"

The response from the son was very unsettling. He teared up, jumped up from his seat, told his mother to be quiet and leave him alone, and ran off to cry in private.

Who told him black was bad?

The mother threw back her head in a haughty laugh, knowing she just stopped her son's unruly behavior by hurting him. In her mind, she won.

I was taken aback.

I won't act brand new like this isn't an issue, but a mother to her son? This is not the first time I have heard this person make derogatory comments to her own people.

My response: "Why would you do that? He's going to have the whole world telling him he's black his whole life, why are you making it seem like a bad thing? He IS black."

I called after him and said "Hey! It's okay, black is not a bad thing! If ANYONE calls you black in a mean way, you say I AM A BLACK MAN!" But he still ran off to cry.

The mother and father are black, so obviously the son is too. The son is "yellow" toned, the "black" she was referring to was his tan he's developed from playing outside.

It's just sad when I see mothers like this who do not understand what it takes to raise a strong black man. Ironically the child's father is "black" in the way she was using it (dark skin). Is it shameful for the child to look like or be the color of his father?

The mother is the ideal stereotype. She has multiple children, different fathers, welfare, the epitome of what the world thinks of when they view "black", and yet you degrade your son like this.

Do you understand this mentality? Did you experience this from family?

Certainly this explains some issues in our communities. Discuss.

Replies:
Date Posted: May 29 2014 at 9:40pm
Fixed.

Posted By: foxyroy19
Date Posted: May 29 2014 at 9:44pm
"That's why you black"

Was he going around thinking he was white?  Is he the lightest of her many children?...so many questions.

Posted By: thewonderfulwa
Date Posted: May 29 2014 at 9:53pm
There are some parents that are the reason for the childs anger issues then they explode on innocent people I cant believe the father sat there and didn't check that ass two ignorant parents I see a bright future ahead of him.

When people use black in a negative way I always say black is not the worst thing you can be.

Posted By: rickysrose
Date Posted: May 29 2014 at 10:00pm
A low opinion of black especially when you're black.. I just can not

Posted By: ThatGurlD
Date Posted: May 29 2014 at 10:02pm
Where is his dad?  While I have seen this type of behavior too, I think boys who have dads to talk to about what it means and what it does not mean to be a black man fare better.

Posted By: ThatGurlD
Date Posted: May 29 2014 at 10:04pm
SN:  It has always bothered me when people yell at their kids as if the louder they are the more serious their child is going to take them.  Get on their level and talk to them like you love them and want them to understand what it is about their behavior that is not acceptable.  All somebody screaming in my face ever did was piss me off.  I understand why some of these kids are angry.  

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: May 29 2014 at 10:05pm
i looked just like the first gif when reading the thread title..

Posted By: f8dagrate
Date Posted: May 29 2014 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by thewonderfulwa thewonderfulwa wrote:

There are some parents that are the reason for the childs anger issues then they explode on innocent people I cant believe the father sat there and didn't check that ass two ignorant parents I see a bright future ahead of him.

When people use black in a negative way I always say black is not the worst thing you can be.

It's not, it's the best thing!

Date Posted: May 29 2014 at 10:22pm
@foxy I asked the child what he considers himself. Is he white or black? He said "I am a brown."

Her children are all the same tone, or very close. There is no major variation. She was just being nasty to him.

@wonderful @gurld The father was not present.  He explodes now! He jumped up, stormed off, cried, etc. 

Posted By: Katrenia
Date Posted: May 29 2014 at 10:27pm
She's just teaching him to disrespect her black azz in the future

Posted By: NJHairLuv
Date Posted: May 29 2014 at 11:04pm
black woman effs a black man with no condom...creates black offspring...then acts like blackness is the mark of the devil. smh.

Posted By: Benni
Date Posted: May 29 2014 at 11:11pm
Seriously lady

Where does his genetics come into play

If telling your child "that's why you're black', seem like a negative thing.

Grow up

Get a life   

Date Posted: May 29 2014 at 11:16pm
I'd have spoke up and said "Black like our President"

Posted By: niecy
Date Posted: May 29 2014 at 11:17pm
I hate that we still live in a world where being black is offensive. And homegirl sounds childish as hell saying some sh*t like that to her child. 

Posted By: naturesgift
Date Posted: May 29 2014 at 11:22pm
is this real? I can't see how a mother would say this as an insult to her son? BTW why insult your son just get him to do what you want not emotionally abuse him.. calling your child out of his name, like stupid or curse words why would someone do this?

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: May 29 2014 at 11:48pm
i can believe this...my sister's sister(a grown woman, 32) is teaching her sons not to date black women because they're "dirty and ghetto"....the mtherfcking irony....i don't mess with them at all so when my sister told me, I wished I had a relationship with her just so I could say something.  I wouldn't even use this nasty chick's bathroom.  she literally has nothing and gave up on her looks sometime around age 17.  she might be doing the worst in life of anyone i know of, yet that's her mentality....so much self hate and denial.  her kids are 6 and 8 and can't even read.

i shudder to think of the young man in the OP's tweets when he becomes of age.  i hope he's not cooning across the internet because of his mother.

Date Posted: May 30 2014 at 12:47am
I hate these self hating mothers but teaching your children not to date black may backfire.
Those children may think so little of moms advice that they actually go against it. Let us pray

Posted By: AwesomeAries
Date Posted: May 30 2014 at 12:59am
I wouldn't be friends with her.

Posted By: rell85
Date Posted: May 30 2014 at 1:14am
In public huh no telling what goes down at home.

Posted By: newin2009
Date Posted: May 30 2014 at 8:30am
Sad and sickening

Posted By: Blac1Chyna
Date Posted: May 30 2014 at 8:37am
that poor baby. pray for him and his childhood. I hope he has at least 1 strong positive loving influence in his life even if it cant be the mom

Posted By: bunzaveli
Date Posted: May 30 2014 at 8:43am
Originally posted by SeeminglySweet SeeminglySweet wrote:

I called after him and said "Hey! It's okay, black is not a bad thing! If ANYONE calls you black in a mean way, you say I AM A BLACK MAN!" But he still ran off to cry.
i does not believe this part

Posted By: MsBMW
Date Posted: May 30 2014 at 8:44am
Scust smh

Posted By: iliveforbhm
Date Posted: May 30 2014 at 10:31am
When you don't know who you are then you hate everything that you are. Black woman gave life to all people and created the path for civilization. We would still be hunting and gathering if not for the black woman.

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: May 30 2014 at 10:36am

I was taken aback.

lol ive missed this gif.. 

somethin about this story is off to me doe. 

Posted By: herwoman
Date Posted: May 30 2014 at 10:55am
Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

I called after him and said "Hey! It's okay,
black is not a bad thing! If ANYONE calls you black in a mean way, you
say I AM A BLACK MAN!" But he still ran off to cry.

That's because the entire story in the op is made up. You just have to answer and pretend to not have common sense.

Date Posted: May 30 2014 at 10:56am
this will be interesting...hope OP has some snap back for y'all. Geek

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: May 30 2014 at 12:14pm
This happened on Super nanny or something.
The black mother started calling her daughter black to taunt her and the rest of the kids started picking on the daughter too.

Idk if this story is real or not but it's not far fetched.
I've heard ppl use black or dark as a derogatory comment far too often.

Like "Yo black self"...

Posted By: iliveforbhm
Date Posted: May 30 2014 at 12:25pm
This is why I'm getting a Naija woman.

Date Posted: May 30 2014 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by herwoman herwoman wrote:

Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

I called after him and said "Hey! It's okay,
black is not a bad thing! If ANYONE calls you black in a mean way, you
say I AM A BLACK MAN!" But he still ran off to cry.

That's because the entire story in the op is made up. You just have to answer and pretend to not have common sense.

Staahp

Let the OP shine if she want too.

Posted By: rickysrose
Date Posted: May 30 2014 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

I was taken aback.

lol ive missed this gif.. 

somethin about this story is off to me doe. 

I think this poster has had off topics before 

I will leave it to the bhm archivists to confirm/deny

Date Posted: May 30 2014 at 8:06pm
Well, it's Friday.

I understand why deep down inside yourselves, you may have wanted this story to be untrue. Maybe this story struck you in your psyche, and your automatic response is to refuse to believe or deny the story.

Our community is out here slaughtering and warring against each other, in a war that was created by another people to destroy us.

Certainly a mother calling her child "black" should be the least of our worries. However, is it possible that a story like this explains some of our reasons for continuing to war against ourselves? Or possibly explain the fact that we believe that we are our own enemies?

We are all very aware that yes, there are black people who exist that do not love, recognize, or understand who they are. I had the displeasure of encountering a mother who has this very same mindset.

@bunz Unfortunately for you, you may not have had a positive figure in your life to stick up for you, but I know this child and their family, and it is very much my disposition to encourage young women and men of color. And if I witness something like this, it is very much in my nature to speak up. I hold young black children to the highest caliber because I believe there is greatness in them even when the world does not.

@wonderful No clap back here. As usual, people are concerned with the wrong issue, authenticity in this case, rather than discussing real problems. These same young men will continue to be belittled by their own community and grow up to be the carbon copy of the black men we see today. Their daughters will seek out these men to be the pillar of their domicile, but there will be no refuge in a man who has been taught since he was a child that black is not good enough.

I've dragged a few black members here for degrading other blacks. Nothing about THAT changes offline.

No need for archivists, I can post my own receipts.

Date Posted: May 30 2014 at 8:06pm
is it highlighting if there are more bolded words than unbolded

time to read Geek

Date Posted: May 30 2014 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by iliveforbhm iliveforbhm wrote:

This is why I'm getting a Naija woman.

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy [<:o)]

Said noone ever

Date Posted: May 30 2014 at 9:05pm
DAnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngg She came for you Bunz. Whatchu going to do naw
@bunz Unfortunately for you, you may not have had a positive figure in your life to stick up for you, but I know this child and their family, and it is very much my disposition to encourage young women and men of color. And if I witness something like this, it is very much in my nature to speak up. I hold young black children to the highest caliber because I believe there is greatness in them even when the world does not.

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: May 31 2014 at 5:11am
well she told yallClapLOL

the elevator gifs were a plus

Posted By: Lite Brite
Date Posted: May 31 2014 at 9:54am
Smh sad..lol@ latest addition

It bothered me when I told this little yellow girl something like "oooh look at your tan, you're getting dark. How pretty" and she got so upset and started pouting "I don't wanna be dark". She was 4..too young to just feel like that on her own. But unfortunately I know exactly where it came from

Posted By: FABdotNET
Date Posted: May 31 2014 at 10:17am
This just reminded me to watch that documentary on Netflix called "Dark Girls" today.

Posted By: Lonisha87
Date Posted: May 31 2014 at 11:20am
Ignorant ass people man.

Print Page | Close Window