Print Page | Close Window

flowers in the attic

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=371040
Printed Date: Sep 26 2018 at 2:17am

Topic: flowers in the attic
Posted By: naturesgift
Subject: flowers in the attic
Date Posted: May 27 2014 at 11:44pm
ok someone post the free link to the full movie of petals on the wind-
Please!
Did you all like this series from back in the day~ seriously twisted but Can't stop watching

Replies:
Posted By: noneyons
Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 12:00am
didn't know part 2 was out yet. i'll look for it. 

the first one was just as underwhelming as the original. didn't do the book justice at all. 

Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 12:13am
found one. 

you'll have to exit all the pop ups before (open at your own risk) but starts but it actually plays. 

*i didn't get a pop up warning from my virus protection btw*
http://www.movshare.net/video/19285e9be89fe" rel="nofollow - http://www.movshare.net/video/19285e9be89fe

Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 12:14am
you serious you are AMAZING!!! I AM yOUr fan for ever now

Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 12:16am
wth cartoon PICS OMg!

Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 12:17am
it acts weird when i tried to open it from the link i posted. if it doesn't work, lemme know. i saw some other sites that claim to have it. 

i'm finna watch some of it tonight. yay!

Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 12:18am
oh yeah, forgot to warn you about the anime pics on the the side  bar lol

Posted By: rickysrose
Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 12:21am
I read this series when I was way too young to read it and loved every sordid detail

I hope the movies don't ruin it

Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 12:28am
me too, ricky.  i was probably around 10ish i think when i read them. and i was hooked! 

if my mama would've had any idea...man, i shudder to think lol. 

i consider flowers in the attic and petals in the wind to be two of the best written novels i've ever read.

aside from the anime p.orn, is the link working for you? 

Posted By: thewonderfulwa
Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 12:32am
I read all of the original books when I was teenager and not put off by all of the incest I didn't know no better.
I hope I can catch petals in the wind from the beginning.

Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 12:36am
try this one.
http://https://www.cloudy.ec/v/0adea47474778" rel="nofollow - https://www.cloudy.ec/v/0adea47474778

seems more legit with no popups. volume's better too.

screw it. link's not working lol.

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 12:38am
i started watching the movshare version, thanks for sharing the link.  i never have issues with movshare.

i can only remember reading flowers in the attic and the first movie from the 80s/90s so it'll be cool to see where the story goes.  

i wish they would've made a movie out of the Casteel series.

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 12:44am
I never read Petals on the Wind...I heard it was good tho.

Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 12:53am
its kind of boring...i should google the plot 

Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 12:58am
yeah it is boring so far and i'm feeling nauseous watching the cathy/chris scene. 

don't know why it didn't bother me as much when i was younger. i guess like thewonderfulwa said, i didn't any better back thenOuch

the book is freaking awesome though

Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 1:10am
wowzers @ them showing simulated oral sex between cathy and julian! didn't know lifetime got down like thatShocked

Posted By: thewonderfulwa
Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 1:17am
I loved the books but I could tell the difference of writers when she died so that's when I stopped reading.

Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 1:19am
Originally posted by noneyons noneyons wrote:

yeah it is boring so far and i'm feeling nauseous watching the cathy/chris scene. 

don't know why it didn't bother me as much when i was younger. i guess like thewonderfulwa said, i didn't any better back thenOuch

the book is freaking awesome though

Dead  if i'm going to sleep with my brother i would at least close the door...theyre having pillow talk with their little sister right outside the door.  now the little sister wants some of her brothers D.  i cant. Dead

Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 1:19am
So I wiki'd it.  Damn....all that went down?

Quick question tho.  I remember when FITA came on way back when and folks talking about the books and how they were rooting for the brother and sister to get together so i'm wondering.  Are folks co-signing incest?

Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 1:23am
i know right, wonderland. like have some discretion about the sh*t at least smh.

and i agree, thewonderfulwa. the difference in the writing was night and day after v.c andrews died and her people took over. 

newdiva, i guess the people who root for cathy and chris's relationship are people who read the books when they were young and naive but never grew up. i actually rooted for them when i was a kid and read the book where they changed their names and got married. shame on me. 

Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 1:28am
i keep feeling like Cathy is supposed to be Kristy Swanson.

that's so true about the writing...that happened with the Casteel series, which started off good.  i guess that also happens with other fiction writers i like who end up using ghost writers when the series gets too long.

Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 1:31am
i don't remember the casteel series. was that by v.c andrews too? i'ma look it up.

Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 1:32am
cathy's not as cute as i envisioned her to be. she's supposed to be a stunner. chris looks the part except he's supposed to have curly hair if i remember correctly.

Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 1:32am
yeah it was by VC Andrews as well.  just another story about a long suffering white girl.

Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 1:33am
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

i keep feeling like Cathy is supposed to be Kristy Swanson.

that's so true about the writing...that happened with the Casteel series, which started off good.  i guess that also happens with other fiction writers i like who end up using ghost writers when the series gets too long.

right?

Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 1:36am

yeah it was by VC Andrews as well.  just another story about a long suffering white girl.

lmao

Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 1:37am
I remember my cousin used to be hard core into VC Andrews.  I would look at her stack of books and all I  would see were haunted, dead lookin' white girls/children.   It did not interest me at all. She got me to read FITA but that was it.  I was like naw.  Just give me these Goosebumps, R.L. Stein and Babysitters club n'sh*t.   Sweet Valley High and what not.

Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 1:39am
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

I remember my cousin used to be hard core into VC Andrews.  I would look at her stack of books and all I  would see were haunted, dead lookin' white girls/children.   It did not interest me at all. She got me to read FITA but that was it.

LOLLOL  

Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 1:40am
nm

Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 1:40am
yall silly 

Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 1:41am
i'ma finish watching tomorrow. i'z tied.

Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 1:44am
" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 1:51am
so at the end when the mother is in hospital, did she really want to get hre kids out of the attic or was that just guilt? The Grandmother acts like it was all her... Its crazy they did not even bury Cory! it must have really SMelled awful

Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 2:28am
omg cathy has become quite the ratchet heaux

Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 11:11am
yeah cathy was a straight up hoe. 

did yall finish watching it? was it worth it? i'ma finish it today.

Posted By: Benni
Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 11:28am
Didn't even know there was a sequel to Flowers In The Attic.

Saw Petals on The Wind last night on Lifetime.

Interesting.

Posted By: Im_oh_so_hott
Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 11:28am
I'm a HUGE V.C Andrews fan. I love the Dollanganger Series, I didn't like what they did with Petals on the Wind, the book was really long, and should have been split into a two night production. I'm still gonna watch If There be Thorns and Seeds of Yesterday though. I'm waiting for My Sweet Audrina.

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 11:30am
omgosh! this series is my most fav of all books ever made.
i still have to buy the movieHeart..could've been done better tho

i love vc andrews. end of the rainbow was another good one

Posted By: Lonisha87
Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 11:36am
I like that the movies arent afraid to go thrre, but they still strayed away from the books some..

Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 11:41am
For those of you who did not read Petals on the Wind but saw the movies, Cathy was f*cking the doctor that took them in, and Carrie gave Julian oral. Chris did not almost get married but was f*cking the dark haired dancer, Yolanda.

Oh and Cathy and Chris didn't f*ck in Petals on the Wind, he'd begged for it a bunch, they kissed, almost did (While Carrie slept next to them) but Cathy couldn't.

Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 11:52am
^that was the best book in the series i think.

Posted By: CLCNY20
Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 11:56am
I'm probably the biggest VC head on here, lmfao

I'm actually re-reading the Cutler series now

Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 11:57am
Originally posted by CLCNY20 CLCNY20 wrote:

You know i loves you

Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 12:02pm
Hug right back atcha babe!  I'm so shocked to see so many others on here who read her books!!!!

As far as the movies?

I, of course, liked the original--but was PISSED at the ending.  They did that, deliberately, killing the mother off.  That way they didn't have to make any sequels (fun fact:  did you know that VC Andrews, herself, was rumored to have been in the original movie???  She was one of the maids cleaning the window in one scene from the outside of the manor)

Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by thewonderfulwa thewonderfulwa wrote:

I read all of the original books when I was teenager and not put off by all of the incest I didn't know no better.
I hope I can catch petals in the wind from the beginning.

You know what??  I read these series starting from about age 14 (a friend got me into it, and I borrowed a book that she borrowed from a friend that she had to give back like 2 days later, and was forced to read that book overnight...it f*cked with me, lmfaooo.  I couldn't put it down, and had nightmares.  I was hooked!) and, for some strange reason, I was a lot more open-minded than I am now.  I wasn't as bothered by the incest.  Now??  I'm like ConfusedDisapproveErmmUnhappyShockedConfused

Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 12:19pm
Yo, the next movie's gonna be twisted.  From Jory and Bart's POV???  Maaaan...

Bart was cray cray.

Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 12:20pm
I hope they do all the books!!! Omg, I would LOVE to see the Cutler series done.

My fave VC Andrews book is "Web Of Dreams"

Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 12:24pm

wowzers @ them showing simulated oral sex between cathy and julian! didn't know lifetime got down like thatShocked

I was f'n shocked, and her and Bart LOL

Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

I remember my cousin used to be hard core into VC Andrews.  I would look at her stack of books and all I  would see were haunted, dead lookin' white girls/children.   It did not interest me at all. She got me to read FITA but that was it.  I was like naw.  Just give me these Goosebumps, R.L. Stein and Babysitters club n'sh*t.   Sweet Valley High and what not.

I had absolutely no interest in SVH.  Everything else on your list, I was down w/.  And Christopher Pike.

Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 1:16pm

Bart was cray cray.
i liked bart thoEmbarrassed

Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by Lady ICE Lady ICE wrote:

Bart was cray cray.

i liked bart thoEmbarrassed

Bart was a psycho.

Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 1:24pm
yes i know. he and other psychos keep the book interesting.LOLimo anywaysEmbarrassed

Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 1:36pm
I also hated how this last movie immediately let you know that the mother was still alive.  That was the whole damn plot of the next book/movie--not knowing who that woman was in the other house, because you figured the mother had died in the fire.  And, wasn't some of her face burned from the fire??!

Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 2:05pm

I also hated how this last movie immediately let you know that the mother was still alive.  That was the whole damn plot of the next book/movie--not knowing who that woman was in the other house, because you figured the mother had died in the fire.  And, wasn't some of her face burned from the fire??!

In the book it said she was still alive, that Bart went back into the house to save the grandmother and the police took Corrine away.

Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 4:24pm
did it???  Hmmmm, now I have to go re-read that.

I just remember being confused af about who the old woman in the house next door was, and never suspecting her.

Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by Im_oh_so_hott Im_oh_so_hott wrote:

For those of you who did not read Petals on the Wind but saw the movies, Cathy was f*cking the doctor that took them in, and Carrie gave Julian oral. Chris did not almost get married but was f*cking the dark haired dancer, Yolanda.

Oh and Cathy and Chris didn't f*ck in Petals on the Wind, he'd begged for it a bunch, they kissed, almost did (While Carrie slept next to them) but Cathy couldn't.

so the end of the movie is not he end of the book?  cuz they reaaaalllly took it there.

Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 4:36pm

yeah cathy was a straight up hoe. 

did yall finish watching it? was it worth it? i'ma finish it today.

it's worth finishing since you already started...what part did you stop off?

Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 4:58pm

so the end of the movie is not he end of the book?  cuz they reaaaalllly took it there.

Yeah, that pissed me off--that Lifetime even went there.  The ONE AND ONLY time they screwed was in FITA

Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 5:02pm
i left off where carrie is in school and all the snooty girls are talking about what they're gonna wear to the prom or dance or something. 

i'm bout to press play now.

clc, i didn't know v.c andrews was in the original movie. didn't even know she was still alive when they made it. pretty cool. 

nice to know so many people are fans of her writing.i feel like we have our own little book/movie club going on in here lol

Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 5:32pm

Yeah, that pissed me off--that Lifetime even went there.  The ONE AND ONLY time they screwed was in FITA
Geek when was that? i know there was a rape scene...

Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 7:25pm
That's what I was referring to, Ice.

Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 7:33pm
I preferred the first movie.  The scenes were more chilling, imho

Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 8:01pm
i liked that one too.  you could really feel the suspense and misery.  

also, this petals movie didn't really feel like 1970.  i know that lifetime has a limited budget but i couldn't really transport myself.  the family kitchen in chris and cathy's house looked too modern, too.

Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 8:16pm
Exactly!  Everything just looks too crisp and clear--even though her brother did have a Heil Hitler look to his ass in the second movie LOL

I found an interesting site:

http://www.completevca.com/bio_exclusive_bloom.shtml" rel="nofollow - http://www.completevca.com/bio_exclusive_bloom.shtml

Excerpt:

Added Bonus!

Sy Levin, the only surviving producer of the Flowers in the Attic movie, had a different actress in mind for Cathy:

"I used to manage Dana Plato on the TV show "Different Strokes." She brought the book to my attention. She wanted to play Kathy [sic]. I read the book and bought the option rights for Dana to play Kathy [sic]. That was in 1978 [book was published in 1979]. As you know was not able to get it funded for 8 years. Wes Craven I knew and he was the first one I approached with it. Now Dana and Gary passed away and Todd is alive somewhere, who knows. This is the beginning of a nightmare on getting it made. I will discuss more in details at a later date. If you get a chance to watch the film you will see a made cleaning the window of the mansion. That wonderful lady is VC. God rest her soul. I wanted her in the picture some how and that is what I was able to do for her. You know she is permanently in a wheel chair. So we had to prop her up to make it look real."

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Hs3EQ0Kx2X4/UsGwUZ4m3MI/AAAAAAAAAWs/mD3-_bfLgD4/s1600/Untitled-10.jpg

Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 8:17pm
But, for real, Bart Jr. was cray

Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 9:29pm

No, the ending was real. I meant the sex scene at the start of the movie.

Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 9:31pm

i liked that one too.  you could really feel the suspense and misery.  

also, this petals movie didn't really feel like 1970.  i know that lifetime has a limited budget but i couldn't really transport myself.  the family kitchen in chris and cathy's house looked too modern, too.

I couldn't feel 1970 either.

Date Posted: May 29 2014 at 8:57am
finally finished watching. 

it turned out pretty good actually. 

all the actors played their parts well. i felt so bad for poor carrie :(

watching made me remember why i used to root for chris and cathy. sh*t is gross but they went through so much in that attic that the movie never even touched on that their relationship halfway kinda sorta makes sense.

now i wanna go see if i can find copies of the books at the goodwill so i can read them all over again.

Posted By: ChubbyYeti
Date Posted: May 29 2014 at 9:48am

The Cutler series is my favorite. I think it was the first I read. I need to re-read, it's been awhile.

Date Posted: May 29 2014 at 11:17am
based on yalls reviews i'ma end up trying to find the casteel and the cutler series along with flowers in the attic. should make up a big chuck of my summer reading. 

Date Posted: May 29 2014 at 11:23am
I want to catch up on the newer stories--there's one about this chick becomming an escort, sounds interesting as hell!

Roxys Story

Roxy Wilcox has always been rebellious and defiant—the exact opposite of her sweet, obedient younger sister, Emmie. After sixteen years of trying to discipline Roxy, their father snaps—and kicks her out of their Manhattan town house. Alone in the city, Roxy is determined to make it big and show them all . . . but how? A chance meeting with a stranger opens the door to a whole new life when he introduces her to the tantalizing world of high-class escorts, where Roxy will be taught how to walk, talk, and dress to seduce. She will be pampered, polished, and perfected in the art of satisfying the world’s wealthiest men, and the rewards surpass Roxy’s most extravagant dreams. But when a shattering tragedy reunites Roxy and Emmie, will the secrets shared between sisters bind them together—or tear them apart forever?

Date Posted: May 29 2014 at 11:27am
sounds juicy.

Date Posted: May 29 2014 at 11:34am

That's what I was referring to, Ice.
ok. thought i had missed something..i was about to pull out the book

LOL

Date Posted: May 29 2014 at 12:51pm
that one reminds me of a hood book I read.  I might grab that for my next plane ride.  Who is writing it though Confused

Print Page | Close Window