Print Page | Close Window

New Queen of Rap Iggy Azalea

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=370894
Printed Date: Dec 13 2017 at 1:53pm

Topic: New Queen of Rap Iggy Azalea
Posted By: f8dagrate
Subject: New Queen of Rap Iggy Azalea
Date Posted: May 22 2014 at 3:26am

http://www.clutchmagonline.com/2014/05/forbes-proves-never-write-hip-hop-declares-iggy-azalea-running-rap/" rel="nofollow - Forbes Proves It Should Never Write About Hip-Hop After Declaring Iggy Azalea ‘Runs’ Rap

I have a confession to make. I’ve heard an Iggy Azalea song, and I don’t plan to*.

Not just because she’s the latest White girl du jour the media is trying its hardest to make happen, but because I’ve pretty much deserted mainstream rap in favor of my own blend of golden era classics (circa 1990-2003), NPR, jazz, and (real) R&B. Despite this, I’m fairly confident that Forbes’ latest predication proves they should refrain from writing about hip-hop until they hire writers who know a little something about the culture.

Recently, the financial mag came under fire for declaring rapper Iggy Azalea “runs” hip-hop.

Move over Jay, Yeezy, Drake, Nicki, Kendrick, et al., Iggy got this. Or something.

In the provocatively titled article, “ http://www.forbes.com/sites/hughmcintyre/2014/05/19/hip-hop-is-run-by-a-white-blonde-australian-blonde-woman/" rel="nofollow - Hip Hop Is Run By A White, Blonde, Australian Woman ” (which they’ve since changed to: “Hip-Hop’s Unlikely New Star: A White, Blonde, Australian Woman”), Hugh McIntyre writes:

Iggy Azalea is one of hip hop’s most exciting new artists, as well as one of the genre’s most unexpected success stories. Her rise to prominence is notable not only for what seems like its immediacy, but for how infrequently someone like her makes it to the top. If you’re not keeping up to date on your rap culture or much into top 40 radio, you should know that she is not your typical hip hop star.

Just a few weeks ago, her album “The New Classic” http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6070346/future-squeaks-by-iggy-azalea-on-billboard-200-frozen-still-no-1" rel="nofollow - became  the highest charting debut album by a female rapper since Nicki Minaj back in 2010, starting at number three. The position is impressive considering she is a brand new name in this country, and she had only achieved her first top 40 hit a few weeks prior.

In addition to her album’s success, just this past charting week she also became the first woman in hip hop to have two simultaneous hits in the top five of the Billboard Hot 100. Her single “Fancy (ft. Charli XCX)” has quickly risen the ranks to number three, and she is featured on the new Ariana Grande cut “Problem”, which debuted at the same ranking last week and is presently sitting at number four. It is rare for any artist to achieve such a feat, let alone a female rapper.

McIntyre is correct, being a mainstream femcee is hard. While Eve, Lil’ Kim, Foxy Brown, Trina, Da Brat, and Missy Elliot used to all share the airwaves, for the last few years Nicki Minaj has reigned supreme, fueled by her pop hits and her ability to get gutter and hang with the big boys (see:  http://youtu.be/yTkEpkGKgoY" rel="nofollow - how she Pink Friday is not only laughable, it’s also extremely naïve.

Firstly, Azalea’s The New Classic sold 52,000 copies in its opening week. Nothing to sneeze at, but compared to Minaj’s Pink Friday, which sold 375,000 in its debut week, it looks like child’s play (And next to Lauryn Hill’s 1998 juggernaut The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill, her numbers look even more unimpressive).  Moreover, trying to glean some sort of meaning from Azalea having the highest opening week for a female rapper since Minaj in a time when there have been few (or zero) mainstream rap albums by female rappers released renders McIntyre’s assertion even more problematic.

Next, to hold up Azalea’s current chart position as spectacular is, again, extremely misguided. While Azalea may have two songs in the top five of Billboard’s Hot 100, as Nicole Bitchie  http://necolebitchie.com/2014/05/forbes-magazine-iggy-azalea-is-running-hip-hop/" rel="nofollow - pointed out , before Minaj’s album even dropped she had seven songs charting—simultaneously—on Billboard’s Hot 100, and by April 2013 she became the most charted female rapper in history.

But never mind all that; we’ve seen this level of misguided adulation before. When Kreayshawn’s song “Gucci, Gucci” blew up YouTube, clocking nearly three million views in three weeks, folks were falling all over themselves to anoint her as the best new female rapper in the game. Blogs, radio stations, and mainstream publications like USA Today, Complex, the Village Voice, and Rolling Stone all tried to make Kreayshawn happen because she was a cute, quirky looking White girl in a world dominated by Black men. When the hype wore off, however, Kreayshawn sold a whopping 3,900 copies and folks forgot all about her.

While it’s unclear if Iggy Azalea, who’s songs can only be described as vocal blackface (uh, what’s with her “Black” accent?), will also fizzle out like the rest of the upstart White female rappers who were allegedly the next big thing, I wouldn’t be surprised if folks are asking, “Iggy, who?” this time next year.

Replies:
Date Posted: May 22 2014 at 3:29am
ROFL, when she first came out I refused to listen to her. Because she made me feel some type of way. I was just waiting for her to say something racial insensitive. LOL she doesn't disappoint.

But now I still don't care for her too much. But Fancy is my ish, even though she sounds like what she thinks Black people sound like.

Date Posted: May 22 2014 at 3:31am
Just posting her music for those who don't know her. I hate all these songs btw. Cept FancyEmbarrassed

Posted By: DiorShowGirl
Date Posted: May 22 2014 at 3:35am
yeah i 've seen the video and some of her other videos....the one song Fancy I swore i thought it was Gwen Stefani on that one part and found out it wasn't...

*sits in corner sipping tea and waits*.....

Date Posted: May 22 2014 at 3:39am
um ok u mean they did that coochie video with that little boy right there and____________he is supposed to represent what in that video?...sickening..

Date Posted: May 22 2014 at 3:41am
Originally posted by DiorShowGirl DiorShowGirl wrote:

um ok u mean they did that coochie video with that little boy right there and____________he is supposed to represent what in that video?...sickening..

Yeah and he is a black child. That hurt my heart, this is my first time watching the whole thing. My body couldn't stomach it. If he can here those words she ain't ish.

Date Posted: May 22 2014 at 3:47am
Originally posted by f8dagrate f8dagrate wrote:

Yeah and he is a black child. That hurt my heart, this is my first time watching the whole thing. My body couldn't stomach it. If he can here those words she ain't ish.

so was he actually hearing those words??? who is dayum mother for letting her child do this sort of ish?..ya that hard up for $.00...obviously she never questioned what her child would be doing in the video...just plopped a huge check into her hands and she was allBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smile

i can see the ads for advertising an audition for a little black child to star in video with Iggy...

Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: May 22 2014 at 3:54am
White Mediocrity always wins over Black Excellence. Pinch

Posted By: iliveforbhm
Date Posted: May 22 2014 at 5:47am
This is like Rock and Jazz again but I guess new blacks won right?

Posted By: bunzaveli
Date Posted: May 22 2014 at 6:13am

Iggy Azalea is one of hip hop’s most exciting new artists, as well as one of the genre’s most unexpected success stories. Her rise to prominence is notable not only for what seems like its immediacy, but for how infrequently someone like her makes it to the top.

Posted By: SimplyPut
Date Posted: May 22 2014 at 6:27am
I don't know her or her music thank goodness. I heard the fancy song about two days ago and hate it. I had to Youtube her after reading this. I know she's in hip hop, but it's something weird about her being the only white person in a lot of her videos. It just feels awkward to me. I'm sure that's not her reality.

Posted By: indiecat
Date Posted: May 22 2014 at 6:39am
So Macklemore and Iggy? Lol, white people have an inferiority complex and a superiority complex at the same time.

Posted By: ThoughtCouture
Date Posted: May 22 2014 at 6:40am
 i like fancy.  i also like f*ck love.  the rest of the album is meh...imo.... 

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: May 22 2014 at 6:51am

His momma is actually in the videoLOL........yall dramatic.....LOL

Date Posted: May 22 2014 at 6:51am
I like the song with T.I.

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: May 22 2014 at 7:08am
Ummm...no #freeRemy

Posted By: MsBMW
Date Posted: May 22 2014 at 7:39am
Originally posted by indiecat indiecat wrote:

So Macklemore and Iggy? Lol, white people have an inferiority complex and a superiority complex at the same time.

I agree they steal everything they have no identity smh

Posted By: eanaj5
Date Posted: May 22 2014 at 7:56am
i dont forsee longevity in her career...she will be played out soon, or she'll switch to strictly pop
macklemore as well...one/two hit wonders at best

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: May 22 2014 at 9:01am
I remember that vid.  I didn't even know that was the Iggy A. I've been hearing so much about lately.  I can't front...I like the beat on Pu$$y but I hate that she had the lil black boy in the vid and I hate that this is one of them...iono what to call it.  Stealing black culture(?) type of things it looks like.  And I hate that I loved her outfit.

Posted By: AwesomeAries
Date Posted: May 22 2014 at 9:06am
Most people in hip hop make their money thru endorsements

Posted By: AwesomeAries
Date Posted: May 22 2014 at 9:10am
So they are wrong

Posted By: NuAttitude
Date Posted: May 22 2014 at 9:15am
Where I live at there are no R & B or Rap radio stations, soooo when I heard this song on the radio I was like....ahh ok.  I had no idea she was White.  But hey, I like the song Fancy.  Didn't know she had other songs out.  Will search for vids later!  Waiting for a White re e artist to hit the air up here. LOL

Posted By: ThoughtCouture
Date Posted: May 22 2014 at 9:22am
oh and i am mad she stiff and awkward as f*ck when she does anything except walk.  its really hard to look at.  her and mimi have the same issue as far as that goes.. 

Posted By: callmeDEva
Date Posted: May 22 2014 at 9:35am
I work out to her music. She's also on my ratchet playlist. I don't take her very seriously past that.

Posted By: ThABxBoRoUgH
Date Posted: May 22 2014 at 9:51am
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

I remember that vid.  I didn't even know that was the Iggy A. I've been hearing so much about lately.  I can't front...I like the beat on Pu$$y but I hate that she had the lil black boy in the vid and I hate that this is one of them...iono what to call it.  Stealing black culture(?) type of things it looks like.  And I hate that I loved her outfit.

Literally until you said that, I didn't realize (rewatched the video) that I know who the little boy is lol His mom is Nic B (Instafamous personal trainer @getfitwithnic_) and she's actually in the video as well (the woman with the bomb body lol).

Posted By: nebhnebh
Date Posted: May 22 2014 at 10:09am
I refuse to listen.  I have never heard any of her music.  However, the things you guys have said have me feeling some type of way.  I shudder to think about what she represents in the context of what black people per media are shown to represent.  A song called Pu$$y, directed to the black market just makes me sick.  We have enough blacks with money to have more control over our images, but everybody wants to keep up the nonsense...in this case stamp a white woman on it.

Date Posted: May 22 2014 at 10:24am
Okay, I listened to two minutes so that I would not be commenting on something I did not know anything about...two minutes I can't get back lol, I stand by what I originally said. Thumbs Down

Posted By: AmiliaCabral
Date Posted: May 22 2014 at 10:29am

Once again, white people prove that they are vampires.

Date Posted: May 22 2014 at 10:42am
Some stuff I don't mind them taking, just as long as they make sure to direct it toward their own people.  As a black woman there is not anything I relate to in the Pu$$y video.  So they can have that.  Just put some more white women next to her instead of sisters.

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: May 22 2014 at 10:50am
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

oh and i am mad she stiff and awkward as f*ck when she does anything except walk.  its really hard to look at.  her and mimi have the same issue as far as that goes.. 

I guess that stuff really can't be taught huh?  Mimi makes me cringe sometimes.Cry

Date Posted: May 22 2014 at 10:56am
Originally posted by nebhnebh nebhnebh wrote:

Some stuff I don't mind them taking, just as long as they make sure to direct it toward their own people.  As a black woman there is not anything I relate to in the Pu$$y video.  So they can have that.  Just put some more white women next to her instead of sisters.

On the bright side, she has more dark skinned sistahs than most rappers do.

Posted By: PRnena
Date Posted: May 22 2014 at 11:43am
Just came in to day the song in the OP is my fav by her. I can relate ..

Date Posted: May 22 2014 at 11:45am
Originally posted by PRnena PRnena wrote:

Yep you really actually can. Clap

Date Posted: May 22 2014 at 11:50am

Unhappy Cry

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: May 22 2014 at 12:05pm

ikr.  but look what kind of video it is. I mean...It's kind of a double edged sword or something.  I know dark skint sista's beggin' to be in video's but why can't we be in classy R&B I wanna marry u then have kids type of songs.  Why the dark ladies gotta be in represented as oversexed and all we good for is fuccin', succin' and triple dicc clutchin'?  U can fucc us, discard us (with kids) and marry the lighter skinned or racially androgynous lady.

Posted By: sexyandfamous
Date Posted: May 22 2014 at 12:05pm

http://www.clutchmagonline.com/2014/05/forbes-proves-never-write-hip-hop-declares-iggy-azalea-running-rap/" rel="nofollow - Forbes Proves It Should Never Write About Hip-Hop After Declaring Iggy Azalea ‘Runs’ Rap

Not just because she’s the latest White girl du jour the media is trying its hardest to make happen,

But never mind all that; we’ve seen this level of misguided adulation before. When Kreayshawn’s song “Gucci, Gucci” blew up YouTube, clocking nearly three million views in three weeks, folks were falling all over themselves to anoint her as the best new female rapper in the game. Blogs, radio stations, and mainstream publications like USA Today, Complex, the Village Voice, and Rolling Stone all tried to make Kreayshawn happen because she was a cute, quirky looking White girl in a world dominated by Black men. When the hype wore off, however, Kreayshawn sold a whopping 3,900 copies and folks forgot all about her.

I wouldn’t be surprised if folks are asking, “Iggy, who?” this time next year.

I never heard one song from this woman and have no interest in hearing it. This is all hype: I remember when Kreyshawn came out, and now she is nowhere. This Australian girl is prettier than Kreyshawn, so she may end up doing some modeling after her hype wears off.

This is just another example of the media trying to manipulate who is famous, who is important, just like when they announced Miley Cyrus as the twerk queen or whatever it was the title.

Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: May 22 2014 at 12:08pm
So no one is going to write an article analyzing the psychology behind Whites crowning themselves the royalty of Black music genres? Oh ok.

Posted By: PRnena
Date Posted: May 22 2014 at 12:09pm

i thought she wrote it bout me. specially the livin in miami part.

i wasnt readdyyyyy LOLLL

Date Posted: May 22 2014 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

So no one is going to write an article analyzing the psychology behind Whites crowning themselves the royalty of Black music genres? Oh ok.

Girl that is why we have youLOL

Posted By: missunfoolish
Date Posted: May 22 2014 at 12:10pm
shes annoying as fuuuck

Date Posted: May 22 2014 at 12:10pm

i thought she wrote it bout me. specially the livin in miami part.

i wasnt readdyyyyy LOLLL

Aww just be worried about your safety. Be safe yo!

Date Posted: May 22 2014 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

ikr.  but look what kind of video it is. I mean...It's kind of a double edged sword or something.  I know dark skint sista's beggin' to be in video's but why can't we be in classy R&B I wanna marry u then have kids type of songs.  Why the dark ladies gotta be in represented as oversexed and all we good for is fuccin', succin' and triple dicc clutchin'?  U can fucc us, discard us (with kids) and marry the lighter skinned or racially androgynous lady.

True but her video Fancy, doesn't degrade us. Very sad that we have to search high and low for a video that doesn't degrade us.

Date Posted: May 22 2014 at 12:19pm
I would rather waste my typing strokes on Justin Timerfake LOL

He's a greater threat Geek

Date Posted: May 22 2014 at 12:26pm
LOL, @ threat. Never like him.

I would rather waste my typing strokes on Justin Timerfake LOL

He's a greater threat Geek

Posted By: Rumbera
Date Posted: May 22 2014 at 12:26pm

That would be a great article, imo. I wish someone would tackle it.

Date Posted: May 22 2014 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

That would be a great article, imo. I wish someone would tackle it.

I concur.

Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: May 22 2014 at 2:39pm
I just literally for the first time heard my first song by her..

She's garbage..reminds me of Gwen Stephani(sp)
except I actually liked Gwen

Posted By: 510QUEEN
Date Posted: May 22 2014 at 2:44pm
tea from across tha street

Iggy will be fading soon. Iggy is getting Macklemore'd. She's going to be built up and loved and then she will fall down and nothing but negativity will be printed about her. Iggy isn't respected by anyone. Its a shame TI attached his name to her but I don't know why I would expect anything different from such a manwhore that loves anything with a big ass.
I found it funny even how ASAP Rocky at first was quick to talk about he dated her but then distanced himself from her fast. 

Date Posted: May 22 2014 at 2:46pm
yes im bored and need to kill time at work lol

Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: May 22 2014 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by indiecat indiecat wrote:

No lies detected

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: May 22 2014 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by 510QUEEN 510QUEEN wrote:

tea from across tha street

Iggy will be fading soon. Iggy is getting Macklemore'd. She's going to be built up and loved and then she will fall down and nothing but negativity will be printed about her. Iggy isn't respected by anyone. Its a shame TI attached his name to her but I don't know why I would expect anything different from such a manwhore that loves anything with a big ass.
I found it funny even how ASAP Rocky at first was quick to talk about he dated her but then distanced himself from her fast. 

what negative things are printed about Mackelmore?

Posted By: TayTay
Date Posted: May 22 2014 at 6:16pm
I like some of Iggy's songs, but she's severely over hyped. white people need to quit playin.

Posted By: Ds2nice
Date Posted: May 22 2014 at 6:36pm

meh.  She's a biter and she's trying too hard to be blk with those a$$ injections.

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: May 22 2014 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by Fraiche2Death Fraiche2Death wrote:

She's already modeling,

Posted By: LilMissSunshine
Date Posted: May 22 2014 at 9:25pm
Maaaaaannnn...I didn't even know she released an album. Did she drop a surprise album like Beyonce? I heard an Iggy song in my car today, I get so puzzled every time I hear that chick...like why doesn't she have an Australian accent? Why does she sound like a southern hoodrat?

Date Posted: May 22 2014 at 10:00pm
ive only heard a portion of fancy...i didnt care for it

Date Posted: May 22 2014 at 10:35pm
I like fancy for the beat....awesome gym song and for her first into verse to the song.

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: May 22 2014 at 10:41pm
i like her body 

Date Posted: May 27 2014 at 8:39pm

K. Michelle and Perez Hilton beef over Iggy Azalea

http://imgur.com/mwxzOod" rel="nofollow">Hosted by imgur.com
From her drama on Love & Hip Hop Atlanta to her beef with Tamar Braxton, K. Michelle isn’t one to keep her opinions to herself. Today the singer took to Twitter to express her frustration at Iggy Azalea‘s Memphis-style of rapping. Gossip blogger Perez Hilton was there at the ready though to defend the Australian and K. Michelle laid into him, telling him to use his platform for more important issues than her taste in music. Check our gallery to track the whole Twitter feud.

Do you think K. was in the right? Or do you think Perez had a point coming for the Love & Hip Hop-per?

http://imgur.com/Tx1pjgk" rel="nofollow">Hosted by imgur.com
http://imgur.com/HQB3b4F" rel="nofollow">Hosted by imgur.com
http://imgur.com/4MhbVdm" rel="nofollow">Hosted by imgur.com
http://imgur.com/WI0a0q5" rel="nofollow">Hosted by imgur.com
http://imgur.com/tkj1mXr" rel="nofollow">Hosted by imgur.com
http://imgur.com/6UvFcOu" rel="nofollow">Hosted by imgur.com
http://imgur.com/dCY9lyq" rel="nofollow">Hosted by imgur.com
http://imgur.com/uVl8Hn4" rel="nofollow">Hosted by imgur.com
http://imgur.com/g2epOrR" rel="nofollow">Hosted by imgur.com
http://imgur.com/2ZFJVlr" rel="nofollow">Hosted by imgur.com

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: May 27 2014 at 8:44pm
when i googled pics of her without makeup.. i was very surprised to see that her album was number 3 on the billboard list 

and the highest charting female rap album since nickis roman reloaded album in 2012 

evidently ppl love her music.. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2619467/Make-free-Iggy-Azalea-goes-au-naturel-arrives-Washington-D-C-tracksuit.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2619467/Make-free-Iggy-Azalea-goes-au-naturel-arrives-Washington-D-C-tracksuit.html

Date Posted: May 27 2014 at 8:45pm

Date Posted: May 27 2014 at 8:49pm
Man I don't want to say it, but she does look like Gonzo in that pic.Cry

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: May 27 2014 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

when i googled pics of her without makeup.. i was very surprised to see that her album was number 3 on the billboard list 

and the highest charting female rap album since nickis roman reloaded album in 2012 

evidently ppl love her music.. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2619467/Make-free-Iggy-Azalea-goes-au-naturel-arrives-Washington-D-C-tracksuit.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2619467/Make-free-Iggy-Azalea-goes-au-naturel-arrives-Washington-D-C-tracksuit.html

Not really she only sold 52k the first week.

Posted By: thewonderfulwa
Date Posted: May 27 2014 at 8:54pm
The Queen Perez needs to have several seats I'm sure K. Michelle has just expressed how many others feel like I said they will be someone less talented topping the charts next year *YAWN*

Date Posted: May 27 2014 at 8:55pm
k shouldnt have responded.
now she'll be the jealous angry black woman who wants to dull the shine of the blonde rap goddess Ermm

Date Posted: May 27 2014 at 8:57pm

Iggy Azalea Covers ‘Complex,’ Defends Her American Accent (Again)

Iggy Azalea Complex Feature

Posted by http://popdust.com/author/jacques-peterson/" rel="nofollow - Jacques Peterson on 09/17/2013 at 2:44 AM http://popdust.com/category/news/" rel="nofollow - News , http://popdust.com/category/photos/" rel="nofollow - Photos

The Popdust Files: http://popdust.com/artist-tag/iggy-azalea/" rel="nofollow - iggy azalea

Despite two years of non-stop buzz, http://popdust.com/artist-tag/iggy-azalea" rel="nofollow - Iggy Azalea has yet to score a hit (or even chart on the Hot 100, for that matter). Team Iggy’s trying to fix that with the Aussie rapper’s latest single, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rre0sFHlfBc" rel="nofollow - “Change Your Life,” which currently has a big promotional push behind it. That brings us to Iggy’s naked Complex cover shoot, which sees the 22-year-old going for a Bettie Page-meets-Pamela Anderson look.

The cover comes with a semi-scandalous interview, in which Iggy admits to having sex with older men when she was 13 and addresses the controversy around her American accent. This is about the millionth time that the Mullumbimby-born rapstress has had to comment on her authenticity, but it continues to remain a hot topic with the media, regardless.

Race has been an issue since you first got noticed as the tall blonde who rapped. Did you understand that some people in the U.S. would think you were fake?
Yeah, but it’s retarded. The Rolling Stones go to America, play “black” blues music, and nobody has a issue with it or thinks it’s weird. But here we are, 50 years later, in the 21st century, and people are like, “This is so weird that you’re white, from another country, and you like black music.” Why is it not weird for Keith Richards or Mick Jagger, but it’s so weird and taboo for me? Do you think a kid liking my music is gonna make rap music some other thing, or that all of a sudden nobody’s gonna like Scarface?

In a country where “speaking black” has been a hindrance in almost every profession but rap, do you see how a white person making money in rap by adopting this accent could ruffle feathers?
If you’re mad about it and you’re a black person then start a rap career and give it a go, too. I’m not taking anyone’s spot, so make yourself a mixtape. Or maybe if you’re black, start singing like a country singer and be a white person. I don’t know. Why is it such a big deal? This is the entertainment industry. It’s not politics. You should be more concerned about the message, not the voices saying it.

Have you ever rapped with your Australian accent?
Never. It feels weird to me. It’s the inflection at the end of a sentence when I take a breath. Obviously there are people who rap in all kinds of accents. But for me, rapping is like singing: The breath patterns aren’t the same as when I’m talking, so it’s easier to change into whatever I want. I couldn’t talk in an American accent—I could, but it would sound very fake—but I can rap in one with no problem.

Of course I’ve asked myself, “Does that make me fake?” I don’t think the voice makes me fake; it makes me an artist. Voice is my medium. I should have creative rein to do whatever the I want with it. (Via http://www.complex.com/music/2013/09/iggy-azalea-interview-complex-cover-story" rel="nofollow - Complex )

And there you have it. We look forward to the next time Iggy talks about her “black” accent, as well as the next time she’ll be naked in a magazine or music video. We give her a month, max, before both of those things happen again.

http://cdn.popdust.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Iggy-8.jpg" rel="nofollow">Iggy 8 http://cdn.popdust.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Iggy-7.jpg" rel="nofollow">Iggy 7 http://cdn.popdust.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Iggy-6.jpg" rel="nofollow">Iggy 6 http://cdn.popdust.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Iggy-5.jpg" rel="nofollow">Iggy 5 http://cdn.popdust.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Iggy-4.jpg" rel="nofollow">Iggy 4 http://cdn.popdust.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Iggy-3.jpg" rel="nofollow">Iggy 3 http://cdn.popdust.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Iggy-2.jpg" rel="nofollow">Iggy 2 http://cdn.popdust.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Iggy-Azalea.jpg" rel="nofollow">Iggy Azalea [

[ http://www.complex.com/music/2013/09/iggy-azalea-interview-complex-cover-story" rel="nofollow - Complex ]

Date Posted: May 27 2014 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by eanaj5 eanaj5 wrote:

k shouldnt have responded.
now she'll be the jealous angry black woman who wants to dull the shine of the blonde rap goddess Ermm
But K. is right though. And I can't stand irrelevant Pez Hilton fugly honeycomb look azz. 

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: May 27 2014 at 8:59pm
Iggy is trash.

Date Posted: May 27 2014 at 9:00pm
I couldn’t talk in an American accent—I could, but it would sound very fake—but I can rap in one with no problem.

Posted By: yurika975
Date Posted: May 27 2014 at 10:12pm
Aww, her clothes don't fit in those pics. Nobody checked that before snapping? 

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: May 27 2014 at 10:18pm
she's sooooo white. 

Posted By: ThatGurlD
Date Posted: May 27 2014 at 10:20pm
Vocal blackface

Posted By: lovelove
Date Posted: May 27 2014 at 10:32pm
Y'all thought the new blacks was going to let K. Michelle get away with this?LOL uh uh.

Posted By: ThatGurlD
Date Posted: May 27 2014 at 10:38pm
It's crazy how some white people want to be us so bad but don't see the issue, don't see how their privilege prevents the black experience from coming anywhere close to them.  They are actors with a script that was created off of stereotypes.  They call it art.  They call it entertainment.  She sells for the same reasons lots of rap albums sell; it's white people buying it up.  Of COURSE they are going to support their own.  The closest thing she'll ever be to being black is an ignorant black man being in her.  And she don't even want him in the picture.  Dumb mother.

Date Posted: May 27 2014 at 10:44pm
It's entirely arrogant to enter a country imitating a segment of their population (an severely oppressed and powerless segment at that) and brush off that population's opinions on your imitation of their culture because doing "whatever the Censored [you] want" is more important

Posted By: Mz. Mocha
Date Posted: May 27 2014 at 10:56pm
She won't be here long enough. I see no longevity for her. She's a gimmick.

Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 1:02am
she looks like a YT nicki minaj..

Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 1:04am
ive been hearing her songs on the radio a lot more like in the last week...

why?Disapprove

Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 1:06am
shes just a big pasty ugly bish.  i cant stand looking at her.  i had on my clueless sweatshirt a couple weeks ago and this gay dude at Chipotle had the audacity to ask me if i had it on because i was an Iggy fan...like i really went out and bought a shirt because of her late ass video?  i've never even heard the song Fancy. 

Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 1:09am

i want chipotleStern Smile

Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 1:14am
now i do too. Disapprove

they should work on becoming 24 hours.  i don't think they're that great in flavor, tbh...just decent, but their freshness is what i like compared to other fast food.

Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 1:20am
yess lol
that guac

Chipotle tomorrow...def must have

Posted By: Blac1Chyna
Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 1:53am
black people better not make this bitch happen this why we cant have sh*t

so far the only people I hear hyping her are white folks...

Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 6:34am
Originally posted by Blac1Chyna Blac1Chyna wrote:

one more time! Clap

Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 1:15am
Heard this basic bish is performin' at the BET awards

I swear I will done with this ratchet network once and for all if this is true Stern Smile

Posted By: DixieDarlin
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 1:48am
A lot of people on tumblr don't like her because she made a lot of racists tweets (IDK if this was mentioned in the thread, I only read up to page 2)

Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 1:58am
You talkin' bout these...

Posted By: missunfoolish
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 2:03am
Originally posted by DixieDarlin DixieDarlin wrote:

A lot of people on tumblr don't like her because she made a lot of racists tweets (IDK if this was mentioned in the thread, I only read up to page 2)

i saw that post, who even likes her music... or as a person 

sidenote: if you tell me you listen to iggy, i will never take you seriously, as you shouldn't be

Posted By: hauteshellbi
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 4:04am
She needs to own up to her plastic surgery... you just gon magically get thick in the thighs and ass ok boo sure

Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 4:15am
LOLLOLLOLsorry i was just thinking if Rhi Rhi and Iggy ever got into it on social media...those tweets would be epic going back and forth between those 2..

Posted By: K_Camille
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 8:44am
Those tweets..She too old to be this ignorant. 

Posted By: Blac1Chyna
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 10:02am
shes an Australian white girl and folks shocked she say racist sh*t. and have yall seen her without makeup? she's got so many layers on trying to look "exotic" but she look like a typical basic becky with none of it on. she's like the white "answer" to nicki minaj. fck ti for putting this basic thot out. and fck black ppl if we make this hoe happen

Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 10:05am
Honestly, I can see her kissing Rihanna's ass

Posted By: creole booty
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 10:46am
They can have rap.

Posted By: femmefatale85
Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 10:58pm
eh i used to be interested in her music, cause i like ratchet ish...but it didnt last long

Date Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:07pm

Honestly, I can see her kissing Rihanna's ass

They better not ever make a song together!!!! Please God no

Posted By: NJHairLuv
Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 4:10am
Originally posted by Blac1Chyna Blac1Chyna wrote:

Twitter guys under the age of 25 in the 'new blacks' category will slap the fire out of someone over Iggy. There are photos on twitter where her lace is showing at the hairline and photos with no makeup/no wig looking basic and those new black youngins are going off about what they want to do to her anus sexually, with or without her wig & make up.

Posted By: keelolo1
Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 6:37am
I'm still trying to figure out why this chalk face ho is relevant.

Date Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 7:41am
I aint shyt......I lol'd at Mexicans having the box body on lock.......I laughed hard and ugly.....

Date Posted: Jul 26 2014 at 1:24am
MTV doesn't even pretend to care about Black folks lol
I'll never understand why Black people are so down for this blatantly pro-White network

http://twitter.com/MTVNews/status/483462472851279873/photo/1" rel="nofollow">View image on Twitter
https://twitter.com/MTVNews" rel="nofollow">
https://twitter.com/MTVNews" rel="nofollow - - https://twitter.com/hashtag/BETAwards?src=hash" rel="nofollow - #BETAwards highlight? https://twitter.com/IGGYAZALEA" rel="nofollow - @ - iggyazalea , full stop.

Print Page | Close Window