Print Page | Close Window

Michael Jace (Shield) shoots his wife dead

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=370841
Printed Date: Nov 23 2017 at 5:42am

Topic: Michael Jace (Shield) shoots his wife dead
Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Subject: Michael Jace (Shield) shoots his wife dead
Date Posted: May 20 2014 at 9:08am

'I shot my wife': The moment The Shield star Michael Jace was arrested after ringing 911 to say he had killed his spouse

• Jace, 48, taken in for questioning by LAPD following shooting at his Los Angeles mansion
  • April Jace, a mother-of-three, was found dead from gunshot wounds at 8.30pm on Monday
  • Actor had called 911 and confessed to the killing, according to TMZ
  • He has appeared in various shows including Southland and Burn Notice

The Shield actor Michael Jace called 911 and told police 'I shot my wife' after allegedly pulling the trigger on the 40-year-old at the couple's Los Angeles mansion on Monday while their children were home.

Jace, 48, confessed to the shooting on a 911 call at 8.30pm, according to police sources who spoke to http://www.tmz.com/2014/05/20/michael-jace-arrested-wife-shot-april/" rel="nofollow - TMZ .

The couple's two children, who are both under 10, witnessed the shooting and were taken to the police station.

Shortly before Jace reported the incident, police had received calls from neighbors in the Hyde Park area who said they heard shots being fired inside the property.

Tragic: Michaels wife April Jace was found dead from gunshot wounds at 8:30 p.m. in Los Angeles on Monday, pictured in 2004
  • SHARE PICTURE

< id="share--" value="" ="text">

Copy link to paste in your message

+5

Tragic: Michael's wife April Jace was found dead from gunshot wounds at 8:30 p.m. in Los Angeles on Monday, pictured in 2004

Actor Michael Jace stands in handcuffs outside his Los Angeles home on Monday night after he allegedly shot dead his wife in front of their young children
  • SHARE PICTURE

+5

Actor Michael Jace stands in handcuffs outside his Los Angeles home on Monday night after he allegedly shot dead his wife in front of their young children

Detained: Michael Jace has been taken in for questioning by police in connection with the shooting death of his wife

Detained: Michael Jace has been taken in for questioning by police in connection with the shooting death of his wife

According to TMZ, the hulking actor remained on the phone as instructed by dispatchers until LAPD officers arrived.

When officers entered the house they found April Jace, a mother-of-three, dead from gunshot wounds. Jace was taken into custody for questioning and was later booked over his wife's death.

Police confirmed that at least two children - the third child is from a previous relationship - were in the home at the time of the shooting.

They have been placed in protective custody but officers were reportedly furious it took Children's Services four hours to get to the station and take the children to a family member. The kids were distraught, TMZ sources said.

CBS reports that Jace is being questioned by detectives. He was pictured at the scene on Monday night and appeared distraught as he spoke to an officer.

According to the http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-woman-shot-and-killed-in-south-la-20140519-story.html" rel="nofollow - Los Angeles Times , detectives with the 77th division are determining whether the shooting was an accident or a homicide.

Officer Sara Faden told the newspaper: 'It looks to have started as a domestic-related incident.'

The death sparked a huge investigation with police officers and news crews flooding the area.

Overnight assignment editor at CBS Joshua Crompton tweeted: '#BREAKING Actor Michael Jace detained in connection to the shooting death of his wife. Jace best known for his role of a cop in The Shield'.

April and Michael Jace celebrated their ten-year wedding anniversary last June.

Photos from April's Facebook page show her playing happily with her three children, the oldest of whom is thought to be from a previous relationship.

Star-making role: Michael shot to fame as a cop on The Shield
  • SHARE PICTURE

+5

Star-making role: Michael shot to fame as a cop on The Shield

10 year anniversary: Michael and April pictured after a decade of marriage in June last year
  • SHARE PICTURE

+5

10 year anniversary: Michael and April pictured after a decade of marriage in June last year

Jace is best known for portraying a police officer struggling with his sexuality on FX cop drama The Shield.

He went on to star on another police drama Southland along with guest appearances on shows such as Burn Notice and The Mentalist.

He had a role alongside Russell Crowe in the film State Of Play and bit parts in films such as Forrest Gump.

The actor was previously married to Jennifer Bitterman before divorcing in 2002.

Replies:
Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: May 20 2014 at 9:09am
Rip

Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: May 20 2014 at 9:12am
Their 2 kids witnessed the shooting What the hell is wrong with these celebrities? They have it all and they piss it away...

Posted By: Printer_Ink
Date Posted: May 20 2014 at 9:15am
OMG! I thought he was such a good actor!!

I can't believe this.

Posted By: Blac1Chyna
Date Posted: May 20 2014 at 10:28am
he looks crazy he has crazy eyes

Posted By: DiorShowGirl
Date Posted: May 20 2014 at 10:34am
OH NO!!! I so do remember his role on The Shield ....beaten up because of his sexuality....what is going on in Hollywood weird....lawdhammercy...

Posted By: Tbaby
Date Posted: May 20 2014 at 10:38am
Only a monster would kill a mother in front of her kidsAngryCry

Posted By: nemesis1
Date Posted: May 20 2014 at 10:48am
Tragic.

Always a good idea to take a deep breath when you're angry or leave the room, drink a cold glass of water... anything to calm yourself down 'cuz if you don't your next move might be one you'll regret. I feel for those kids. No mommy or daddy now.

Posted By: NuAttitude
Date Posted: May 20 2014 at 10:48am
OMG!! Very sad!

Posted By: femmefatale85
Date Posted: May 20 2014 at 10:49am
In front of his children...jesus

Posted By: Benni
Date Posted: May 20 2014 at 10:54am

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: May 20 2014 at 11:14am
Poor kids. Smh, I don't understand it.

Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: May 20 2014 at 11:14am
I'm happy he didn't harm his children physically. So sad.

Posted By: Katrenia
Date Posted: May 20 2014 at 11:21am
As big as he is, using a gun can only be that he really wanted her dead or it was a tragic accident.

Posted By: QueenBee
Date Posted: May 20 2014 at 11:40am
Wow..shooting your children's mother in front of them.   All kinds of emotional issues for those kids. RIP

Also, is Jennifer Bitterman (ex-wife) and why is she famous? Not sure why divorcing Jennifer Bitterman was important to note in the article. Did he have a history of domestic violence with her?

Posted By: Bonjour baby ooowee
Date Posted: May 20 2014 at 12:11pm
May the Lord Watch Over & Bless her soulHeart
whether he's mentally ill, on narcotics, afraid she was gonna expose his dl life THIS wasn't the way to do things @ this point he's derangedSick i don't even know what to think for what the children saw/ the police say they were VERY upset after seeing what he did to their motherCryso now they'll be DEEPLY disturbed/ will have mental help to work through & make sure they're alrightPinch i think age gap was TOO much anyways he's 51yrs old not 48 why he had to date sooo young (control issues)Angry

this is when the older women in church moan a spiritual hymnal & just bow they heads and pray about the whole situation ... amenHeart

Posted By: 510QUEEN
Date Posted: May 20 2014 at 4:59pm
sad horrible 

Posted By: bg
Date Posted: May 20 2014 at 5:02pm
What a monster!!!

To pull your gun on your wife and kill her in front of your children!

Ole bitch ass Brotha...

Posted By: Bored w/Out Me?
Date Posted: May 20 2014 at 5:03pm
Pretty Lady....

Posted By: Mixer
Date Posted: May 20 2014 at 5:19pm
R.I.P. April.

Posted By: rickysrose
Date Posted: May 20 2014 at 5:23pm
no guns in the house!

There is just no reason for this at all. This couldn't have been the first time he's been violent with her and it's tragic it came to this without an intervention of some kind 

Whatever it was, was it worth her life, the children getting emotionally scarred and essentially orphaned, his freedom

Never. 

Posted By: liesnalibis
Date Posted: May 20 2014 at 5:54pm
I wanna make a petty observation but it's probably not appropriate at this time. 

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: May 20 2014 at 6:09pm
This is so sad......and Im actually surprised she's slightly black......

Posted By: foxyroy19
Date Posted: May 20 2014 at 6:11pm
That is the kinda rage that scares me.

Posted By: Benni
Date Posted: May 20 2014 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

I wanna make a petty observation but it's probably not appropriate at this time. 

Wonder if it is about the News stating "at his Mansion".

Posted By: thewonderfulwa
Date Posted: May 20 2014 at 6:20pm
I feel so sorry for the kids lost two parents on the same day and in such a horrific I don't think that any of amount of therapy can erase this memory.   

Posted By: femmefatale85
Date Posted: May 20 2014 at 6:23pm

Michael Jace Abused First Wife, Wife He Killed Testified For Him During Divorce

Documents from the divorce proceedings of Michael Jace’s previous marriage have surfaced. The papers report that he was intensely physically abusive toward his ex-wife in front of their infant son, in a startlingly similar instance of abuse that led to http://bossip.com/967305/the-shield-actor-michael-jace-charged-with-murdering-his-wife-in-front-to-their-2-children-43081/" rel="nofollow - the death of his current wife . Via http://www.tmz.com/2014/05/20/michael-jace-domestic-violence-wife-dead-divorce/" rel="nofollow - TMZ :

Michael Jace was a violent, abusive husband who choked his wife in front of their kid … this according to legal docs from his prior divorce.

Jace — who was booked Tuesday morning for allegedly murdering his wife April — went through a divorce in 1997. In the docs — obtained by TMZ — a friend of Jennifer Bitterman claims she personally witnessed Jace choking and slamming Jennifer against a wall … as his 6-month-old son screamed in his crib next to them.

The friend says he was raging and out of control and “seeing the extent of his anger was one of the most terrifying things I have ever seen.”

The friend continues … there were multiple physical assaults on the ex-wife.

- See more at: http://bossip.com/967813/smh-michael-jaces-murdered-wife-testified-for-him-during-divorce-from-his-prior-abusive-marriage/#sthash.pUY9EDbY.dpuf

Date Posted: May 20 2014 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

no guns in the house!

There is just no reason for this at all. This couldn't have been the first time he's been violent with her and it's tragic it came to this without an intervention of some kind 

Whatever it was, was it worth her life, the children getting emotionally scarred and essentially orphaned, his freedom

Never. 

She was a dead woman had there been no guns in the house.....

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: May 20 2014 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by femmefatale85 femmefatale85 wrote:

Michael Jace Abused First Wife, Wife He Killed Testified For Him During Divorce

Date Posted: May 20 2014 at 7:39pm
the ex is always crazy until you turn into her.

What a deadly assumption.... he shouldve been in jail instead of TV

Date Posted: May 20 2014 at 7:43pm
the way I see it there's more hope to survive without a gun involved 

Date Posted: May 20 2014 at 7:57pm
There are a millions ways to end a life......and when one person is determined or has lost control they will find a way to accomplish that.......had he not reached for a gun he would reached for her throat.....a knife.....a hammer.....hell he could've beaten her to death....

Posted By: iliveforbhm
Date Posted: May 20 2014 at 8:02pm
Thank you sandra. There are ways to easily kill a human being and a gun just one of many tools. This is too sad and the children witness. Some people need to be alone smfh.

Posted By: Ladycoils
Date Posted: May 21 2014 at 11:12am
Damn.. I was wondering what lead to him killing her. Very sad

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: May 21 2014 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

the way I see it there's more hope to survive without a gun involved 
IA. There's even more hope to survive if you don't marry a known woman beate smh.Ouch

Stats show that a gun in the home make women at a higher risk to be killed by said gun.

Print Page | Close Window