Print Page | Close Window

Braces

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=370760
Printed Date: Sep 15 2019 at 7:34pm

Topic: Braces
Posted By: Princess_S
Subject: Braces
Date Posted: May 16 2014 at 3:45pm
Any adults experienced any changes in their sex life after getting braces? Please don't get tooo descriptive I don't want the topic moved.

Thanks

Replies:
Posted By: JasmineE02
Date Posted: May 16 2014 at 3:49pm
Only from the pain after the first few adjustments.  Then it's no biggie.  

Posted By: Katrenia
Date Posted: May 16 2014 at 4:24pm
What type of braces are you considering??

My brother and I decided to fix our grilles together, I tried invisalign and he did braces. I didn't notice any sex life changes with invialign because it's removable but was a waste of time and money because my brother's teeth improved in less time, cost less and they look better. I'll post our compare pic later.
He said the brackets located on his back molars did limit his love life due to the brackets.
http://s626.photobucket.com/user/Katrenia2000/media/afterbraces_zps41f3097e.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: smaison
Date Posted: May 16 2014 at 5:24pm
the actual braces did not affect my sex life, but then my orthodontist had to put these metal hook things behind my teeth so i could wear my rubber bands; the only thing i had to do was be very careful and slow when performing oral.  

Posted By: honeyb87
Date Posted: May 16 2014 at 9:59pm
Not at all. I got my braces 6 months ago and it hasn't changed a thing.

Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: May 16 2014 at 10:28pm
Growing up I always wanted braces because i thought they were cute.

Date Posted: May 16 2014 at 10:46pm
I did feel cute in mine.  I used to browse a forum where we couldn't post full face pictures because people would have a...thing for braces and would be looking for a hookup.  LOLDead 

Posted By: Mixer
Date Posted: May 16 2014 at 10:47pm
Braces fetish?

Date Posted: May 16 2014 at 10:53pm
Yep! LOL

Posted By: Mixer
Date Posted: May 16 2014 at 10:56pm
Say cheese! Let me stop.

Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: May 16 2014 at 11:53pm
Katrenia, your brother looks good from the nose down Tongue

Date Posted: May 17 2014 at 1:19am
Thank You.
He's a good man. 

Posted By: *Belle*Femme*
Date Posted: May 17 2014 at 8:57am
I had invisalign and i think it actually protected my teeth while performing………………………...

Date Posted: May 19 2014 at 9:01am
Katrenia, I'm getting the ceramic ones. my treatment time is supposed to be 2 years. i didn't think i would have to wear it that long. i was hoping 18 months max.  ugh but i notice the older i get the more my teeth are shifting and its starting to annoy me. so I'm just gonna suck it up and do them. ive been putting it off for a few years now

Posted By: goodm3
Date Posted: May 19 2014 at 9:04am
Katrenia...how close are you and your brother to discuss your love lives? lol...

Im just sayin....my brother tells me about the women he's dating but that's it. I ain't trying to hear about his "limitations" and ish....

LOL

But I think both of your teeth look good. 

Posted By: beautiful_hair
Date Posted: May 19 2014 at 9:23am
My friend said she got hit on the most when she had her braces. Guys were digging her hard. 

Posted By: HeyBeautiful18
Date Posted: May 19 2014 at 9:24am
Braces fetish

Date Posted: May 19 2014 at 9:26am
I actually think guys with braces are cuteLOL  I used to date a guy with braces and he was the cutest. throw some dimples on him and it's a wrap.LOL

Posted By: JamCaygirl
Date Posted: May 19 2014 at 9:26am
that braces fetish is weird. Is it because it makes people look like teenagers?

Date Posted: May 19 2014 at 9:36am
Originally posted by JamCaygirl JamCaygirl wrote:

that braces fetish is weird. Is it because it makes people look like teenagers?
It takes a certain kind of man and look to me for them to be attractive on him.  I definitely don't want anyone that looks like a teen, but they give off a different type of sexy to me.  

I don't have a fetish because I'm certainly not checking for them like that but they are cute when I run across guys who do have them.

Posted By: JamCaygirl
Date Posted: May 19 2014 at 9:52am
When I think of braces, all I think of is food getting caught up in them and bad breath... I couldn't imagine a guy with braces getting near either of my lips...
lawd...

Date Posted: May 19 2014 at 11:44am
That's what a waterpik is for.  It was my best friend while I had braces. LOL

Posted By: 510QUEEN
Date Posted: May 19 2014 at 12:04pm
nope none at all Big smile

Date Posted: May 19 2014 at 12:06pm
Any other must have products I should purchase. I get them put on next thursday Dead

Date Posted: May 19 2014 at 12:16pm
Thanks.

He and I are very close and I can't think of anything I wouldn't discuss with him. He's easy to talk with and has a sensitive heart. I love all three of my brothers but this one has always been like the flip side of me.

I'm also close with my other brothers but I wouldn't have asked them this type of question so I guess it just depends on the relationship.

Date Posted: May 19 2014 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by Princess_S Princess_S wrote:

Katrenia, I'm getting the ceramic ones. my treatment time is supposed to be 2 years. i didn't think i would have to wear it that long. i was hoping 18 months max.  ugh but i notice the older i get the more my teeth are shifting and its starting to annoy me. so I'm just gonna suck it up and do them. I've been putting it off for a few years now

You'll be fine and don't worry much about your love life with braces, think about how sexy that smile will be when your treatment is complete.

Be sure to wear your retainer once the braces have been removed.

Date Posted: May 19 2014 at 12:23pm
If you're getting traditional braces...threader floss.  Flossing your teeth is a pain and you HAVE to do it religiously, so invest a little more money into the floss that already has the threader attached to it.  It'll save a lot of time.  The waterpik helps, but nothing beats thorough, regular ol' flossing. 

Keep an eye out for coupons on toothbrushes, pain killers, and numbing agents. LOL

You'll also want to poke around for post-adjustment foods.  You'll get tired of soup and mashed potatoes. LOL  You want anything you can just swallow.  Rice will be too painful to eat sometimes. Dead  I was biting into bananas looking like CryCryCry  You eventually get used to your mouth hurting.  Not all of the adjustments will hurt as much as others or at all. 

I got my braces off in February.  I'm quite pleased. Big smile

Date Posted: May 19 2014 at 12:29pm
http://www.archwired.com/" rel="nofollow - http://www.archwired.com/

I found that site helpful for answering all of my random questions. LOL

Posted By: Yardgirl
Date Posted: May 19 2014 at 12:40pm
Oooh Princess thank you for this topic. I plan to get mine late this year or early next year.

Print Page | Close Window