Print Page | Close Window

Michael Sam drafted...kisses white boy on ESPN

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=370652
Printed Date: Oct 16 2018 at 9:08am

Topic: Michael Sam drafted...kisses white boy on ESPN
Posted By: Marcelo22
Subject: Michael Sam drafted...kisses white boy on ESPN
Date Posted: May 10 2014 at 6:10pm
First openly gay NFL player drafted. Guess they got no black gay men on his college campus

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000349371/article/michael-sam-drafted-by-st-louis-rams-at-no-249" rel="nofollow - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000349371/article/michael-sam-drafted-by-st-louis-rams-at-no-249

Michael Sam drafted by St. Louis Rams at No. 249

NEW YORK -- Three months ago, Missouri defensive end  http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/michael-sam?id=2543734" rel="nofollow - Michael Sam  became one of America's most discussed sports figures after announcing that he planned to become the first openly gay player in the NFL.

On Saturday, he was given that chance by the  http://www.nfl.com/teams/st.louisrams/profile?team=STL" rel="nofollow - Rams .

St. Louis used its seventh-round pick at No. 249 overall to select the celebrated Tigers defender on Day 3 of the 2014  http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014" rel="nofollow - NFL Draft .

Last year's SEC Co-Defensive Player of the Year was no lock to be picked, but the  http://www.nfl.com/teams/st.louisrams/profile?team=STL" rel="nofollow - Rams  like Sam's promise as a pass rusher after he piled up 11.5 sacks during his senior campaign at Mizzou.

Players and coaches league-wide have talked about Sam's sexual orientation as a non-issue. The NFL is ready for this.

Praised as a high-motor defender with good anticipation, the knock on Sam is his size. At 6-foot-2, 255 pounds, he's small for a prototypical end at the pro level. What coaches and scouts love is Sam's intensity and drive, which have brought him this far.

Sam should be judged for his game film, not his personal life. St. Louis has set the table for a career that will be followed closely.

Replies:
Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: May 10 2014 at 6:10pm
Shall I stand?

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: May 10 2014 at 6:15pm
I was going to find the original thread and post this in it.
congrats to him.

Posted By: Random Thoughts
Date Posted: May 10 2014 at 6:17pm
Kinda cool that he's staying in the state.

Date Posted: May 10 2014 at 6:17pm
Why couldn't he be like Kerry and find a nice black guy....

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: May 10 2014 at 6:25pm
I don't care who gay black men date honestly.

Date Posted: May 10 2014 at 6:28pm
Unfortunately, the Rams defensive line is already stacked. Don't see him making the roster. 

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: May 10 2014 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Why couldn't he be like Kerry and find a nice black guy....
yt boy trying to get a come up like the yt womenz.Stern SmileLOL

lol I am happy he gets his shot! I need him to show out on the field.

Date Posted: May 10 2014 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

I don't care who gay black men date honestly.

Me either.....I think they are a cute couple......but Im tryna get this place going.....its dry in here!

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: May 10 2014 at 6:40pm
he had to be white huh?

Posted By: Jess
Date Posted: May 10 2014 at 6:42pm
Gay, straight...athletes and their SOs.

Posted By: herwoman
Date Posted: May 10 2014 at 6:43pm
Attention whore coon, why he ain't kiss his mom? Sit down sir

Date Posted: May 10 2014 at 6:46pm
Didn't his parents essentially abandon him after he came out? Or at least let him know they didn't like him coming out? I know his pops did.

Date Posted: May 10 2014 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Didn't his parents essentially abandon him after he came out? Or at least let him know they didn't like him coming out? I know his pops did.

Don't know all the back story but from what I remember he told his parents a few hours before he went public.

Date Posted: May 10 2014 at 6:54pm
yeah he didnt give them enough time to digest that

Date Posted: May 10 2014 at 7:09pm
eh---honestly based on his father's response time wouldn't have made a difference. his dad released a statement--or talked to the press--and honestly i was like who the fvck cares? but black men and their sons...whatever.

Date Posted: May 10 2014 at 7:21pm
what did father say?

Posted By: ThatGurlD
Date Posted: May 10 2014 at 7:33pm
Y'all know good and well that negroes ain't about to come out from the DL even for an NFL player.  It's cold in the outted streets!  

Date Posted: May 10 2014 at 7:33pm
His father is a joke anyway he wasn't really around for him from what I recall. I think his coming out was strategic in a way that if he didn't get to the nfl on his talent ( which he is ) that a coming out story would help. A lot of the reason players are chosen is their individual story, will they have the drive based on circumstances. I honestly don't care as long as he goes after the QB when it's time lol. He actually should have been drafted in the earlier rounds.

Date Posted: May 10 2014 at 7:36pm
oh his dad was a cu*t?

oh well..

personally id want to know well in advance .. and id be gutted they never felt ok enough to tell me sooner

Date Posted: May 10 2014 at 7:38pm

Posted By: OhMyCurlz
Date Posted: May 10 2014 at 7:40pm
I don't think they are a cute couple, but it seems they are a very supportive one though. 

He doesn't take me as someone who would be with a black guy either. 

Not really caring though, whatever makes him happy. 

Posted By: ThatGurlD
Date Posted: May 10 2014 at 7:45pm
Maybe he didn't want to get in the league and have it all come out in a trashy way.  Maybe he wanted to come in and just play ball like he said.  I don't think it was strategic at all.  When you think about things, what might hurt you, it's always better to tell on yourself first.  That makes you honest.  If wait to get caught......

Date Posted: May 10 2014 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

oh his dad was a cu*t?

oh well..

personally id want to know well in advance .. and id be gutted they never felt ok enough to tell me sooner

His dad was like "I don't agree w/him being gay."

Let's just say I did not agree with it....my comment would be "I do not comment on the personal lives of my children to the press." The end.  Actually even if I didn't have a problem I'd say the same thing bc honestly it's nobody's business.

Date Posted: May 10 2014 at 7:49pm
I can see the boo fitting in with the wives.....

Date Posted: May 10 2014 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

I can see the boo fitting in with the wives.....
Oh they will be fighting for his attention are you kidding me? Fit in? No ma'am he will be taking applications.

Date Posted: May 10 2014 at 8:06pm
I know.....gay men are golden man.....bish be tryna scoop my G-hubs.....I be like nah....you good....LOL....one lays a bomb ass weave and the other is a puerto rican salsa dancer......no new friends bish!!

Posted By: liesnalibis
Date Posted: May 10 2014 at 8:42pm
I'm more annoyed he's the only black person in the room at his own "draft party" or whatever. Black people make me sick.

Posted By: *Belle*Femme*
Date Posted: May 10 2014 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

I'm more annoyed he's the only black person in the room at his own "draft party" or whatever. Black people make me sick.
I know this wasn't meant to be funny butLOL

Posted By: bindy
Date Posted: May 10 2014 at 10:15pm
lol BWAAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date Posted: May 10 2014 at 10:50pm

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: May 10 2014 at 11:14pm
is the term gay face offensive?  Because he has it.  If his father ever had a question then that's 100% his problem...ngas love living in denial.

Date Posted: May 10 2014 at 11:20pm
Im using "gay face" first thing tomorrow.

Date Posted: May 11 2014 at 12:43am
He seems so ...............................

Can't find the word. But it's something.

Date Posted: May 11 2014 at 1:35am
coonish?^

Date Posted: May 11 2014 at 1:36am

coonish?^
Jealous?

Date Posted: May 11 2014 at 1:45am
of what??

Date Posted: May 11 2014 at 2:11am

of what??

Michael Sam kisses Boyfriend with cake ESPN after getting Drafted

Date Posted: May 11 2014 at 2:19am
nigguh please, stay off the drugs

Date Posted: May 11 2014 at 2:21am

nigguh please, stay off the drugs

Obama congratulates Michael Sam, first openly gay player drafted by NFL

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/10/us/football-michael-sam/

Posted By: Printer_Ink
Date Posted: May 11 2014 at 2:37am
Well, I don't see a problem with him finding someone that makes him happy.It's better than all the rest of the gay guys in professional sports that are still ducking and dodging to HIDE the fact that they are gay ... at the risk of losing their careers.

Now THAT'S gotta be a S*** life to live. :(

This guy had the b*** to take a risk, so he got a contract AND he's OUT.

As far as 'everyone' at his party being White - well, they did not have a group picture nor did the camera pan the whole room.

The video just got the people in the immediate area .. and that was just for a few seconds - so that's no indication of the makeup of the whole room.

Secondly ... how many Black guys in his team are gonna want to SEEN with him now that's he's out? Probably none.

Black folks are unforgiving once you 'step out of line' for ANYTHING pretty much ... so I'll bet he only has a few black female friends left.

Date Posted: May 11 2014 at 5:48am

Date Posted: May 11 2014 at 5:50am

Date Posted: May 11 2014 at 5:52am

Posted By: aNgElIc*SoUl
Date Posted: May 11 2014 at 7:00am
Mmmhmm, I know he enjoys playing this sport.....getting tackled by hot sweaty menzes.

Posted By: aNgElIc*SoUl
Date Posted: May 11 2014 at 7:02am
No forreal tho', I can't help but wonder how he's going to be treated by the other players.....especially in the lockeroom.

Posted By: Samoneisthebest
Date Posted: May 11 2014 at 7:48am

oh his dad was a cu*t?

oh well..

But why?

What difference would it really make? 

TBH if I were gay I wouldn't announce it to family and friends like its something that needs to be made a big deal about. I'd just talk about my relationships the same way everyone else does. If they don't get the picture that my mate is the same sex as me from casual conversation then they'd definitely find out at Thanksgiving dinner or the family cook out.

I think the only reason he came out publicly was because he knows how hyper-masculine football is and wanted to get the anti-gay drama out of the way.

Posted By: bunzaveli
Date Posted: May 11 2014 at 7:54am
look at all them non black people at his gathering. things that make you go hmmm

Posted By: zolloh
Date Posted: May 11 2014 at 8:35am
^^^samoneisthebest,what u wrote there is just ugh....are u really asking why a parent would rather be told in person that their child was gay than finding out on tv with the rest of us? a black parent at that? oh ok....

Date Posted: May 11 2014 at 8:41am
Originally posted by Samoneisthebest Samoneisthebest wrote:

oh his dad was a cu*t?

oh well..

But why?

What difference would it really make? 

TBH if I were gay I wouldn't announce it to family and friends like its something that needs to be made a big deal about. I'd just talk about my relationships the same way everyone else does. If they don't get the picture that my mate is the same sex as me from casual conversation then they'd definitely find out at Thanksgiving dinner or the family cook out.

I think the only reason he came out publicly was because he knows how hyper-masculine football is and wanted to get the anti-gay drama out of the way.

not sure if you read the rest of my post and understood it or what. .

Posted By: ppp38
Date Posted: May 11 2014 at 8:47am
The kissing the cake off the face was really gratuitous. I don't need to see that even among straight couples. 

Date Posted: May 11 2014 at 8:53am
Originally posted by zolloh zolloh wrote:

^^^samoneisthebest,what u wrote there is just ugh....are u really asking why a parent would rather be told in person that their child was gay than finding out on tv with the rest of us? a black parent at that? oh ok....

I read that they were told hours before everyone else.

But I honestly only think its a big deal if you anti-gay.

If I had a boy and he came in the kitchen for breakfast before school and said " Hey mom can I go to the movies with my boyfriend tonight after school?", and that was the way I found out, I would feel no kind of way about it.

I wouldn't need some grand reveal or time to digest or something. It really aint that serious.

Date Posted: May 11 2014 at 8:58am
Yall acting like he didn't tell his parents he had terminal cancer or something. On some Walter White ish.

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: May 11 2014 at 10:08am

Posted By: nala52808
Date Posted: May 11 2014 at 10:27am
Michael Sam and that white guy are not a cute couple at all. I will not be watching their sex tape

Posted By: Im_oh_so_hott
Date Posted: May 11 2014 at 10:28am
^^^ He's way too concerned about another mans sex life.

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: May 11 2014 at 10:56am
I'm waiting for the day that a gay celebrity/athlete/both comes out the closet by just showing up with their same sex partner and dares a muthafcka to say something.

Date Posted: May 11 2014 at 11:10am
I remember when my best friend came out to me...and when my best guy friend came out to me...I be so  obliviousLOL

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: May 11 2014 at 1:12pm
Awww how cute

Date Posted: May 11 2014 at 1:43pm

coonish?^
I don't want to say coonish, but...."safe". 

Like someone who wasn't "white washed" in high school but surrounded themselves with only white people. I don't know...it's something. 

Posted By: QueenBee
Date Posted: May 11 2014 at 4:21pm
Similar to the situation on show "the game" . Didn't the black gay athlete have a white partner..

Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: May 11 2014 at 4:37pm
If my son sprung a white SO on me I'd rather it be a man.

Posted By: mrshairdo
Date Posted: May 11 2014 at 4:38pm
awww im happy for him and they seem really close as a couple...screw what everyone else thinks

Date Posted: May 11 2014 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

not sure why this made me giggle but what is your reasoning?

Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: May 11 2014 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by QueenBee QueenBee wrote:

not sure why this made me giggle but what is your reasoning?

If he's young and gay his dating options will be limited so I'd understand.
If he's young and heterosexual chances are he looked over a whole lot of quality black women to arrive at that conclusion it would be embarrassing and I'd wonder where or how I failed him.

Date Posted: May 11 2014 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by AshBash89 AshBash89 wrote:

I'm waiting for the day that a gay celebrity/athlete/both comes out the closet by just showing up with their same sex partner and dares a muthafcka to say something.
lol!

What tickles me is some US female athletes have been out for quite some time but US male sports can't handle gay athletes.Dead

Posted By: HunnyB
Date Posted: May 11 2014 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 5:59pm
dude got dropped!

one of the 17 cuts the team made

Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 6:03pm
*Side eye*

He will always be the real MVP after sacking QB Johnny Manziel and then flashing JM's money sign after the sack. Priceless!LOL

Hopefully he gets picked up somewhere else.

Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 7:58pm
It was a NFL set up.

The NFL put him on a team with an overabundance of good players who play his position. 

Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 8:04pm
[QUOTE=carolina cutie]*Side eye*

He will always be the real MVP after sacking QB Johnny Manziel and then flashing JM's money sign after the sack. Priceless!LOL

Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 8:18pm
^Yes!!! Let 'em know Sam!LOL

Date Posted: Sep 05 2014 at 9:29am
http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-cowboys/headlines/20140904-report-nfl-officials-asked-teams-to-consider-signing-michael-sam-to-practice-squad.ece" rel="nofollow - http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-cowboys/headlines/20140904-report-nfl-officials-asked-teams-to-consider-signing-michael-sam-to-practice-squad.ece

http://www.dallasnews.com/" rel="nofollow - Home  >  http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/" rel="nofollow - Sports  >  http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-cowboys/" rel="nofollow - Cowboys  >  http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-cowboys/headlines/" rel="nofollow - Cowboys Headlines

Report: NFL officials asked teams to consider signing Michael Sam to practice squad

According to NBC's Peter King, NFL officials called teams around the league to gauge their interest in signing former Missouri defensive end Michael Sam, the NFL's first openly gay player, to their practice squads.

The Cowboys signed Sam to their practice squad Wednesday. Sam was drafted by the St. Louis Rams but didn't make the Rams' 53-man roster.

King reported the news about Sam during the pre-game show before NBC's coverage of  the NFL regular-season opener between the Green Bay Packers and Seattle Seahawks.

“The Rams waived Michael Sam, the first openly gay player trying to make an NFL roster, he was unemployed for two days,” King said. “During that time a league official contacted multiple teams asking if they had evaluated Sam as a probable practice squad player.”

“Now Sam and the NFL avoided a nightmare situation when he signed with the practice squad of the Dallas Cowboys.”

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-cowboys/headlines/20140903-jason-garrett-downplays-michael-sams-arrival-but-media-crush-is-nothing-new.ece" rel="nofollow - Get more on the Cowboys signing of Sam

http://dailycaller.com/2014/09/04/report-nfl-officials-asked-teams-to-consider-signing-michael-sam-to-practice-squad/" rel="nofollow - Read the story on the dailycaller.com

Posted By: miana79
Date Posted: Sep 05 2014 at 10:17am
You know there was a revelation of this on that show....the game!!!

Posted By: NuAttitude
Date Posted: Sep 05 2014 at 10:17am

lol!

What tickles me is some US female athletes have been out for quite some time but US male sports can't handle gay athletes.Dead
ITA!!

Posted By: Ds2nice
Date Posted: Sep 05 2014 at 10:23am
 I wonder how long his career is going to last.  Wish him luck.

Date Posted: Sep 05 2014 at 10:23am
Originally posted by NuAttitude NuAttitude wrote:

lol!

ITA!!

let's act like lesbians aint the GOAT female athletes....the best basketball players at my school were gay as hell.. butwhen u in the top 10% of your sport, folks will look past the gay...in men sports, these gay cats usually suck and are in the bottom Dead tier skills wise

Posted By: NuAttitude
Date Posted: Sep 05 2014 at 10:28am
Originally posted by Marcelo22 Marcelo22 wrote:

Originally posted by NuAttitude NuAttitude wrote:

lol!

ITA!!

let's act like lesbians aint the GOAT female athletes....the best basketball players at my school were gay as hell.. butwhen u in the top 10% of your sport, folks will look past the gay...in men sports, these gay cats usually suck and are in the bottom Dead tier skills wise
I wonder how many football players are still "hiding in the closet"?  I'm sure there are more than we think.....in the top 10%!!Wink

Date Posted: Sep 05 2014 at 12:13pm
*Looks at QB Aaron Rodgers* Well one day lol.

Date Posted: Dec 02 2014 at 11:10am
Rams coach not apologizing to furgeuseon police for players supporting hands up movement during this week's game.

Date Posted: Dec 02 2014 at 11:21pm
The police got their feeling hurt boohooo....

Posted By: naturesgift
Date Posted: Dec 03 2014 at 1:00am

wha?

Date Posted: Dec 03 2014 at 1:59am
Originally posted by naturesgift naturesgift wrote:

wha?

BHM has agreed by overwhelming consensus that we would prefer our sons be homosexuals than date white women.

BHM CH.1v.22

Date Posted: Dec 03 2014 at 2:06am
Lol..

Date Posted: Dec 03 2014 at 2:58am
yeah i kinda stopped believing the fist pumper collective when they started posting and drooling over their love of light-skinned men with blue eyes.  apparently white women cant be the problem if theyre producing desirable progeny.

Date Posted: Dec 27 2014 at 9:07pm

yeah i kinda stopped believing the fist pumper collective when they started posting and drooling over their love of light-skinned men with blue eyes.  apparently white women cant be the problem if theyre producing desirable progeny.
^^What do you mean by this?

His documentary is currently being showen on the OWN channel.

Date Posted: Dec 27 2014 at 9:56pm
I'm flipping between his documentary and black dynomite cartoon.

Date Posted: Dec 27 2014 at 10:00pm
He seems like a really nice guy. I wish he had found a team.

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Dec 27 2014 at 10:04pm
.....he has a documentary...? 

Date Posted: Dec 27 2014 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

yea, kinda

Date Posted: Dec 28 2014 at 12:25am
Originally posted by bindy bindy wrote:

He seems like a really nice guy. I wish he had found a team.
This.

Date Posted: Dec 28 2014 at 3:12am

^^What do you mean by this?

His documentary is currently being showen on the OWN channel.

i guess you didnt see that thread.

Date Posted: Dec 28 2014 at 7:44am

Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

yea, kinda

ooh I missed the docu!
I saw the Prime interview listed in guide and set up to record that but didn't know there was more.

Date Posted: Jan 08 2015 at 6:16pm
http://www.tmz.com/2015/01/08/michael-sam-engaged-vito-cammisano-boyfriend/" rel="nofollow -

47 minutes ago BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0108-michael-sam-instagramFinally, some good news for Michael Sam -- HE'S ENGAGED!!!

It all went down in Europe where the 25-year-old football player has been vacationing with his college sweetheart Vito Cammisano ... the man Sam famously kissed when he was drafted into the NFL last year. 

Unclear who asked who ... but one of Vito's friends (who was on the University of Missouri swim team with Vito) is already congratulating the couple about it on Twitter ... and Sam "liked" her post. 

Sam has raved about his relationship with Vito -- and the two even traveled together to St. Louis and Dallas when Michael was working out with the NFL teams.   

Mazel! 

0108-sub-stephrovig-instagram-post-01

0108-sub-michael-sams-like-instagram-01

Read more:  http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz3OHL43Qo2" rel="nofollow - http://www.tmz.com#ixzz3OHL43Qo2

Date Posted: Jan 08 2015 at 6:19pm
i wonder what he's going to do now for employment

Date Posted: Jan 09 2015 at 12:32am
Lol

Posted By: Bored w/Out Me?
Date Posted: Jan 09 2015 at 12:44am
Homophobic NFL blacklisted him, the players didn't want him to tackle them...

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Jan 09 2015 at 12:58am
Originally posted by Bored w/Out Me? Bored w/Out Me? wrote:

Homophobic NFL blacklisted him, the players didn't want him to tackle them...

Yea...that's what it is.

Date Posted: Jan 09 2015 at 2:09am
Guess he gotta get a job now ..

Date Posted: Jan 09 2015 at 3:05am
Maybe they can do a reality show.

Print Page | Close Window