Forum Name: Lace Fronts
Forum Description: Discussions on Lace Fronts
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=370588
Printed Date: Dec 11 2017 at 4:26am

Topic: Kinky Straigh
Posted By: KittenWhip
Subject: Kinky Straigh
Date Posted: May 08 2014 at 8:28am
So, I'm thinking of changing textures to kinky straight.  I need to know ladies, how hard is it to manage this hair?  I don't wear my hair out at work (too many people want to touch my hair and that is NOT an option), but when I'm out, I do.  Am I going to have a fight every time the wind blows?

I had another question about family plans for cell phone service, but that's for another group...LOL

THANKS!!!!Smile

Replies:
Posted By: Kocoa
Date Posted: May 09 2014 at 12:56pm
Depending on which origin you pick the hair can get pretty big (ie; Indian & Malaysian - I think) with humidity. I used to wear KS normally but only in "Chizilian" so it never really got too big or unmanageable. I'd say it's fairly close to blown out natural hair (or in my case, easier to handle. lol) At the very least, if it does become a pain you could always flat iron or relax it but honestly, as long as I kept it moisturized and had some argan or jojoba oil in it, it was no problem at all.

Date Posted: May 10 2014 at 10:38pm
Thanks.  I was debating as to whether I should change my texture only because while I have some leave out in the back, it doesn't always match my own hair texture.  At a holiday party in December, a woman made mention of the different textures while touching my hair.  I think she's still trying to figure out how she lost her hand.LOL

Posted By: starliteboo
Date Posted: May 11 2014 at 10:05am
I am wearing kinky straight right now and its great. I only worry when its raining or humid outside..my hair tends to get very puffy. But I guess it has to do with the fact that its a Malaysian Kinky straight unit 

Posted By: miana79
Date Posted: May 11 2014 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by starliteboo starliteboo wrote:

I am wearing kinky straight right now and its great. I only worry when its raining or humid outside..my hair tends to get very puffy. But I guess it has to do with the fact that its a Malaysian Kinky straight unit 

So the malaysian kinky steaight poofs up more???

Date Posted: May 12 2014 at 6:52am
Both Indian and Malaysian origins have a tendency to puff up in humidity. If you want to have much less trouble with poofing you might want to go with Chinese, Brazilian, Filipino and the like. Just be mindful that with the straighter virgin textures you may lose the natural ability to hold curls.

Posted By: Asia35
Date Posted: May 12 2014 at 8:29am
I wear Kinky straight. I really like Chinese KS but I do own a Indian Ks as well.  I roller set my hair or use the flexrods to keep my curls.

Posted By: carrie
Date Posted: May 12 2014 at 12:26pm
could y'all post pics if you have them. I'm always tempted to do KS, but have the same fears.

Posted By: pg12345
Date Posted: May 12 2014 at 6:03pm
hi..question for you....what is the texture you are wearing now...if it is light yaki or yaki then kinky straight could be the next step as it wouldn't be such a drastic change in texture...I use to love straight but now wear light yaki and water wave...and believe me I was a die hard straight wearer...but the light yaki and water wave get more people saying I love your hair vs is that a wig..so if you change textures don't change suddenly but gradually.......and from what I have read on the boards kinky straight is high maintenance as it is hair (indian or Chinese) that has been essentially damaged to get that texture

Date Posted: May 14 2014 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by carrie carrie wrote:

could y'all post pics if you have them. I'm always tempted to do KS, but have the same fears.

Photo is loading

Photo is loading

Here are my pictures of the kinky straight hair I wearing right now

Date Posted: May 14 2014 at 6:09pm
And here are the pictures of the part and texture

Photo is loadingPhoto is loading

Date Posted: May 14 2014 at 6:44pm
starliteboo, that is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted By: hellobeauty
Date Posted: May 14 2014 at 8:07pm
it looks like a kinky straight body wave hair texture?

Date Posted: May 14 2014 at 8:08pm

Date Posted: May 14 2014 at 8:09pm

Photo is loading

Photo is loading

Here are my pictures of the kinky straight hair I wearing right now

Date Posted: May 14 2014 at 9:56pm
Thanks for all the info ladies.  Still not sure which way I'll go.

For the record, I can spell the word "straight", but I couldn't figure out how to edit the topic line.

Smile

Posted By: Princess Grace
Date Posted: May 14 2014 at 11:21pm
Starlight your hair is everythang!  Your app is perfected and the color is beautiful!

Date Posted: May 14 2014 at 11:40pm

And here are the pictures of the part and texture

Photo is loadingPhoto is loading

nice...is this a lace or silk top??

Date Posted: May 15 2014 at 8:55am

starliteboo, that is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank youSmile

Date Posted: May 15 2014 at 8:59am
Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

Starlight your hair is everythang!  Your app is perfected and the color is beautiful!

Thanks for the compliment. Just real quick I purchased this hair as Kinky Straight. I do not pay to process the hair into a body wave. I just curl the hair myself at home. I can post pictures of it straight if anyone wants. But that will have to be after I get off of work later LOL. And this isn't a silk top I have no idea how to make those work for me. This is just a plain ole full lace wig. I am still trying to learn how to tweeze a perfect hairline so until then its side parts and center parts. 

Posted By: Elaine98
Date Posted: May 18 2014 at 3:50am
I have found many vendors interchange the word Coarse Yaki and Kinky STRAIGHT c.y. is a little easier to comb I love the texture. Hard to find vendors for 6a or 7a grade. Tried QHP but bearding was awful bump.So I am trying Kinky STRAIGHT I like it too but dry ends need attention but kinky textures are best for blend realistically,no wiggly look issues!!!

Date Posted: May 19 2014 at 4:02pm
I am now seriously considering a kinki straight with silk top. I know lace lays flatter but I am never able to get that realistic hairline like some. I order less density in the silk top area and only 1 layer of silk.

now whats the difference between kinki straight and coarse yaki?

Date Posted: May 19 2014 at 4:41pm
Kinky straight has a really coarse appearance. It's supposed to resemble natural hair blown out. Coarse yaki is still kinky but a little less so than KS so it may be a little easier for some to handle.

Here's a list of textures in the order of kinkyness:
Afro kinky
Kinky straight
Italian/Coarse yaki
Heavy yaki
Yaki
Light yaki

Date Posted: May 19 2014 at 6:16pm
What is heavy yaki?? I have only heard of silky straight, light yaki, yaki, coarse yaki, Italian yaki and kinky stright

Date Posted: May 19 2014 at 6:27pm

What is heavy yaki?? I have only heard of silky straight, light yaki, yaki, coarse yaki, Italian yaki and kinky stright

I had a heavy yaki from my vendor a while back. I think Kocoa is right. It seemed to be between a yaki and a coarse/Italian yaki

Posted By: Elaine98
Date Posted: May 20 2014 at 1:57am
I got some coarse yaki and loved the texture great match bump but company quality  (bearding) UNBEARABLE.I have  K S now I prefer coarse yaki but KS if high quality not bad I had it thinned out so not so BIG looks more natural and I didn't even use 3 bundles.

Posted By: MISS CR
Date Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 9:09am
I have Brazilian ks and it poofs on humid days. my Chinese stays in its original state but isn't as kinky in texture as my Brazilian.

Posted By: lindygaga
Date Posted: Aug 31 2014 at 10:10pm
can't see the picture,pity

Posted By: GoodHair_PrettyLips
Date Posted: Oct 05 2014 at 9:13pm
I cnt see the picture either..

Print Page | Close Window