Print Page | Close Window

Apollo Nida Pleads Guilty

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=370542
Printed Date: Oct 22 2017 at 11:28am

Topic: Apollo Nida Pleads Guilty
Posted By: OhMyCurlz
Subject: Apollo Nida Pleads Guilty
Date Posted: May 06 2014 at 5:19pm

Apollo Nida (‘Real Housewives of Atlanta’) pleads guilty to bank, mail & wire fraud http://radiotvtalk.blog.ajc.com/feed/" rel="nofollow -  

•  6  418  47  1196

By Rodney Ho

http://cmgajcradiotvtalk.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/apollo-phaedra-getty.jpg" rel="nofollow">Apollo Nida (left) may be facing significant prison time after pleading guilty to bank fraud and ID theft on May 6, 2014. His attorney made it clear that his wife Phaedra Parks (right) was not involved. CREDIT: Getty Images

Apollo Nida (left) may be facing significant prison time after pleading guilty to bank fraud and ID theft on May 6, 2014. His attorney made it clear that his wife Phaedra Parks (right) was not involved. CREDIT: Getty Images

Apollo Nida, the husband of Phaedra Parks, today pled guilty to charges of mail, wire and bank fraud in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia.

In court, wearing a light-colored plaid jacket, Nida accepted charges that could land him in prison for up to 30 years and a fine of up to $1 million on top of restitution for an estimated $2.3 million he allegedly defrauded various individuals, financial institutions and government agencies. Judge Charles Pannell has set the sentencing hearing for July 8 at 2 p.m.

http://radiotvtalk.blog.ajc.com/2014/04/24/apollo-nidas-co-conspirator-sentenced-five-plus-years-for-bank-fraud-id-theft/" rel="nofollow - Nida’s co-conspirator Alana Black, the assistant U.S. attorney, told Judge Pannell Nida’s scheme in detail. He opened a fake debt collection agency to gain access to databases full of individual’s personal information. He would then steal people’s ID and find unclaimed funds, refunds from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, stolen U.S. treasury checks and refunds from fraudulent U.S. income tax returns.

Nida had St. Julien open UPS mailboxes and bank checking accounts using those fake identities, deposit those checks, then pocket the money.

Later, he created fake auto dealerships and then get auto loans for phantom cars.

The U.S. Secret Service, working with the state consumer protection agency, caught St. Julien first, then was able to procure Nida’s laptop with oodles of evidence that he could not refute.

Nida said in court that he takes “full responsibility for my actions” and expressed regret for hurting his family and any individuals and institutions affected by his fraud. “It was a dumb situation I put myself in,” he said.

He did provide some context for his actions. In 2009, Nida had just left prison after five years for federal racketeering charges related to auto title fraud. He and Parks married and she soon signed on to be part of “Real Housewives of Atlanta.”

http://cmgajcradiotvtalk.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/apollo-sketch.jpg" rel="nofollow">Apollo Nida (right) in a sketch in the courtroom with his attorney Thomas Bever (left).

Apollo Nida (right) in a sketch in the courtroom with his attorney Thomas Bever (left). CREDIT: Richard Miller via WSB

He said she was making far more money than him and he felt pressure to keep up. (He cited a $600,000 contract for her but didn’t say how long that was supposed to last.) Without easy legitimate ways to make quick money, he opted for this illegal scheme instead. But he claimed to her he was running a legitimate debt recovery firm and kept her firmly in the dark.

He said he even had a nervous breakdown at one point over the pressures to “sustain a lifestyle” befitting of a reality show star. And once he started the scheme, he found it difficult to stop. “I got sucked in and engulfed and lost sight of things,” he said.

Nida said he often didn’t think about whether this was hurting anybody because he was primarily targeting private businesses and the government, not individuals. And in the case of unclaimed property, what were the odds these folks would ever claim them?

An attempt to open a legal halfway house fell through, he said, because he was on probation for his prior conviction.

“It’s my fault at the end of the day,” he said.

Parks joined the show in 2010 and Nida has been a regular presence.

“The Real Housewives of Atlanta” wrapped its season with a third reunion show this past Sunday, drawing a best-ever reunion rating of 4.3 million viewers. The Porsha Williams “Watch What Happens Live” right afterwards, kept nearly everyone around: 3.9 million viewers.

Parks is expected to be back on the show season seven, which should be starting production soon. Since Nida is not expected to go to prison until July, this storyline will definitely play out in front of the cameras.

Welp. At least Phae got a new story line. I secretly believe she set him up to be honest. 

Replies:
Posted By: bindy
Date Posted: May 06 2014 at 5:20pm
....but he already had a comfortable living....

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: May 06 2014 at 5:27pm
up to 30 years and up to 1.5 million fine..? 

is he considered like a negro? 

let me see the minimum sentences 

Date Posted: May 06 2014 at 5:27pm
Phae had a $600,000 contract? Was this when she FIRST got on the show? Well damn. If Nene really is the highest paid housewife (cause you know she was getting more coins than Phae) I guess she really is a rich bish. New money rich of course. 

Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: May 06 2014 at 5:30pm
Damnn so he blaming her making too much money and making him feel insecure?
Phaedra needs to divorce him like yesterday.

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: May 06 2014 at 5:31pm
Quote He said he even had a nervous breakdown at one point over the pressures to “sustain a lifestyle” befitting of a reality show star

LOL he's going to prison because he wanted to impress people that dont give a damn about him anyway?

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: May 06 2014 at 5:33pm

<<He said she was making far more money than him and he felt pressure to keep up. Without easy legitimate ways to make quick money, he opted for this illegal scheme instead.  >>

so he's blaming it on the fact that she made more money than him. Hope this doesn't start a trend with other husbands turning to crime lol

Posted By: Rumbera
Date Posted: May 06 2014 at 5:34pm
I hope he made some kind of deal ...

Posted By: goodm3
Date Posted: May 06 2014 at 5:41pm
All he had to do was re-decorate the house and work in the funeral home. 

smh....

I hope it was worth it Apollo.

Date Posted: May 06 2014 at 5:45pm
Do you believe the saying that  marriages don't work when the woman makes more $?

I don't. but now we can say  your husband will commit fraud if you make more money LOL.

Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: May 06 2014 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by goodm3 goodm3 wrote:

All he had to do was re-decorate the house and work in the funeral home. 

smh....

I hope it was worth it Apollo.

Phae aint wasting any money for Apollo to go tricking with and especially not in a daggone skkkkrrrip club!

Posted By: demilee27
Date Posted: May 06 2014 at 5:50pm
Dang, its not that serious to be keeping up with the Joneses...

Posted By: Bored w/Out Me?
Date Posted: May 06 2014 at 6:00pm
Phae like take care ya own self nig

Date Posted: May 06 2014 at 6:02pm
Shoulda did like Greg and be a kept man......

Date Posted: May 06 2014 at 6:04pm
^^lol at that gif.

Ain't nothing wrong with that

Posted By: thewonderfulwa
Date Posted: May 06 2014 at 6:14pm
So that was the asset recovery business he was in...lmao,
Phaedra I hope this doesn't affect your mortuary business.
I don't believe now or ever that Phaedra hands are clean.

Posted By: india100
Date Posted: May 06 2014 at 6:28pm
I feel bad for the new baby . No way in heck i would be in the dark about my hubby finance . Phaedra better pray they can't find her DNA on any of the fake paperwork .

Posted By: femmefatale85
Date Posted: May 06 2014 at 6:29pm
i hope she divorces him

Date Posted: May 06 2014 at 6:36pm
 she's an attorney right? She's probably in the clear lol

it's a shame you can't trust your husband when he hands you papers to sign LOL

Posted By: sunshine321511
Date Posted: May 06 2014 at 6:45pm
He is like many many people, got to impress others and "keep" up with the joneses.  I learned long ago, the only person who has to pay for it is ME....

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: May 06 2014 at 6:47pm
phaedra could not have had a 600k rhoa contract when he started doing all of this, if anything it's what should've made him slow down after a few seasons when she got a raise and focus on helping wayward young men or something but no, he would rather spend 8k at the strip club.

Posted By: Benni
Date Posted: May 06 2014 at 6:49pm
What a sad, sorry excuse. He obviously as some brain cells to come up with a scheme like that. Why not use it to do something legitimate.
Once a crook, always a crook.

Date Posted: May 06 2014 at 7:29pm
Chile, you know Phae has the houses, businesses, and errethang of value in her name. Plus he signed a prenup. She knew this ish was coming. 

Then have yall noticed every time Apollo would make those little statements of "you can walk home", and all that flexing he was doing, she would just be like "Oh really....okay?". She seemed very much unbothered. The only thing she cares about is appearance. She's a preachers kid...so appearance matters. 

I bet she wanted to slit his throat when Kenya said he told her that the businesses had her name tied to it. 

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: May 06 2014 at 7:30pm
Oops I just saw this thread. Anyway, Phaedra will probably stay with him until the statute of limitation rubs out.

Posted By: naturesgift
Date Posted: May 06 2014 at 7:42pm
So he had a criminal past when she first married him, he is not educated and is not even "bright", according to some lady of youtube she has made it clear that Phe is also a career criminal and they all used to run scams together and Phe as the Brain.

btw her book dropped the other day did yall buy?

Posted By: Mz. Mocha
Date Posted: May 06 2014 at 8:22pm
Nope she's going to stand by her man cause it's the Christian thing to do lol. Help her Jesus lollll

Posted By: HeyBeautiful18
Date Posted: May 06 2014 at 8:25pm
He's dumb as hell.

what was he doing for work? Or did he not have any type of income?

30 years though... His poor babies

Posted By: Butta Cookie
Date Posted: May 06 2014 at 8:28pm
So did he plead guilty so that they wouldn't come after her?

Date Posted: May 06 2014 at 8:38pm
He plead guilty because he had no choice his coconspirator had already flipped on him & she received 61 months.
I wonder how much time his brother will get it was a family affair.

Posted By: fckwitmeuknoigotit
Date Posted: May 06 2014 at 8:48pm
its a wrap for apollo. is this his 2nd or 3rd felony? dude might be looking at no less than 10 years.

Posted By: Bonjour baby ooowee
Date Posted: May 06 2014 at 8:53pm
well well well, ive never commented on him & phaedra cause he's jail bootySleepy usually when they've been in jail a long time like that they usually go back in / whether we realize it or not it's easier to get it on with a cellmate @ anytime, he done had the boys so in his head he's an accomplished manOuchso his sons will be raised by mother & family, im sure he'll see them ... just sad he couldn't get outta his own way, he sabatoged hisselfWacko so he'll go in & get comfy like he's used to ... bye jail booty ooops i meant apollo

Date Posted: May 06 2014 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by Butta Cookie Butta Cookie wrote:

that;s love

Posted By: zolloh
Date Posted: May 06 2014 at 10:18pm
that defense is so stupid yet brilliant at the same time LOL

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: May 06 2014 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

that;s love

Naw thats someone gotta put money on these books and raise my kids......LOL

Date Posted: May 06 2014 at 10:24pm
LMAO.......

Posted By: Bored w/Out Me?
Date Posted: May 06 2014 at 10:25pm

that;s love

Thats ima need some money on my books

Date Posted: May 06 2014 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

that;s love

Naw thats someone gotta put money on these books and raise my kids......LOL

lol

Date Posted: May 06 2014 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by Bored w/Out Me? Bored w/Out Me? wrote:

that;s love

Thats ima need some money on my books

Cry

Posted By: Ming
Date Posted: May 06 2014 at 10:51pm
lmao bwom and 00

Date Posted: May 06 2014 at 10:58pm
I know Ming.

I don't care though, whatever it takes to keep me out of prison. lol
I'll help him out

Posted By: miana79
Date Posted: May 06 2014 at 11:03pm
He aint sh*t and I hope they rape him in there.. Phaedra tried to make him part of the mortuary business to help run it and he refused

Posted By: kerysdream7
Date Posted: May 06 2014 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by miana79 miana79 wrote:

He aint sh*t and I hope they rape him in there.. Phaedra tried to make him part of the mortuary business to help run it and he refused

DamnDead

Date Posted: May 06 2014 at 11:18pm

they're not going to need to force him.

Date Posted: May 06 2014 at 11:20pm

I know Ming.

I don't care though, whatever it takes to keep me out of prison. lol
I'll help him out

Wendy William thinks Teresa's husband from RHONJ is doing this... idc why either, i just wanna be free LOL

Date Posted: May 06 2014 at 11:45pm
I don't wish butt sex on any dude......unless he is a rapist or molester......

Date Posted: May 07 2014 at 12:12am
    That's brutal !!

Date Posted: May 07 2014 at 12:43am
It's not strange he's in thus predicament he put himself here/ jail booty LOVES to be able to tell the TOP stories about outside life / it's a normal thing for them/ he put being in jail over raising his boys UUGGHH now that's real jail booty

Posted By: naturesgift
Date Posted: May 07 2014 at 12:46am

GOD! gurl why you say that? So harsh

Date Posted: May 07 2014 at 1:00am
Wishing a violent sexual act on someone. 

Exclamation

Posted By: **Sk!TtLeS B**
Date Posted: May 07 2014 at 2:55am

I see BHM is as classy as everSleepy...

Posted By: MsBMW
Date Posted: May 07 2014 at 7:28am
Phae hands not clean..she got people fooled...she smart I'm sure she told him to say that in court...lol somebody has to stay home and raise the boys

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: May 07 2014 at 7:33am
lmao

If he stole my id and money, I would wish all the butt rape in the world on him

Posted By: K_Camille
Date Posted: May 07 2014 at 7:36am
Originally posted by MsBMW MsBMW wrote:

Phae hands not clean..she got people fooled...she smart I'm sure she told him to say that in court...lol somebody has to stay home and raise the boys

This.  I don't even know these people and I think she had her hand in the f*ckery.  If so, she got game..or he caved under that overrated ass no snitching pressure.

Posted By: spencer4hire
Date Posted: May 07 2014 at 7:45am
Originally posted by MsBMW MsBMW wrote:

I agree!

Posted By: QueenBee
Date Posted: May 07 2014 at 8:07am
Phae knew his ass was doing illegal stuff.

She turned a blind eye and probably said if ya ass get caught you better not put my name in it.

Posted By: Butta Cookie
Date Posted: May 07 2014 at 8:26am

Dayum how many of your coins did he steal?

Posted By: dijah.love
Date Posted: May 07 2014 at 9:20am
*Jay Z Voice*
Somewhere in America, Kenya is is twirling.

I cannot wait for the next season of RHOA.

Posted By: goodm3
Date Posted: May 07 2014 at 9:55am
So will Apollo go to those "Martha Stewart" type prison since this is a white collar crime?

Date Posted: May 09 2014 at 10:07am

If it ain’t one thing, it’s a http://bossip.com/960826/stop-snitching-shady-rhoa-husband-apollo-nida-agrees-to-turn-informant-for-the-federal-government/" rel="nofollow - muhfuggin’ other with this guy…

Apollo Nida’s scandalous exploits have been well-documented. He’s a reality TV puppet, an ain’t isht husband, a criminal, and now, a government informant. The last recently earned title on that last makes this story the most ironic.

Wednesday, news broke that http://bossip.com/?s=rhoa&x=0&y=0" rel="nofollow - RHOA’s resident d-bag would be cooperating with investigators in participating in recorded conversations with other known criminals. Obviously, once Twitter got hold of this news, slander ensued, and Apollo tried his best to defend his honor in 140 characters. In doing so, he referenced T.I.’s federal plea deal for weapons possession and, in essence, insinuated that he too had been a cooperative party in a federal investigation.

That didn’t go over too well with the Family Hustler. Tip ran into Apollo outside a popular Atlanta shake jawn, The Blue Flame, and asked him kindly to explain exactly WTF he meant by his slick azz comment.

Atlanta rapper Killer Mike documented the encounter and shared the hilarity on Instagram.

- See more at: http://bossip.com/961987/shook-ones-isht-talkin-criminal-apollo-nida-forced-to-apologize-to-t-i-for-calling-him-a-snitch-43081/#sthash.EiXwpYm5.dpuf

Date Posted: May 09 2014 at 10:14am

Date Posted: May 09 2014 at 10:19am
Confused

Date Posted: May 09 2014 at 6:18pm
Apollo tweeted T.I and Michael Vic snitched, then took it down   

Date Posted: May 09 2014 at 6:27pm
LMAO at Apollo copping a plea on what he said so you can tell a chick her toes aint done but you cant stand behind what you said when it came to a man about to chin check you.

Date Posted: May 09 2014 at 6:33pm

He did not expect to get confronted by T.I

Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: May 09 2014 at 6:38pm
oh dear.

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: May 09 2014 at 6:40pm
LMAOO T.I was not having it

Date Posted: May 09 2014 at 6:49pm
http://www.tmz.com/2014/05/09/ti-apollo-nida-video-plea-deal-informant-snitch-fraud-confrontation/" rel="nofollow -

- T.I.

- Blasts Apollo Nida On Cam

- I Ain't Snitchin' Like You! [VIDEO]

5/9/2014 7:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_qwg8p0dd" rel="nofollow">050814_ti_apollo_launch http://www.tmz.com/news/edit/news/2014/05/07/real-housewives-atlanta-apollo-nida-plea-deal-rat-undercover-informant/" rel="nofollow -

Date Posted: May 09 2014 at 6:50pm
but TI did snitch Stern Smile

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: May 09 2014 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by femmefatale85 femmefatale85 wrote:

That's what I thought 

Date Posted: May 09 2014 at 6:57pm
LOL i finally watched the video & str8 crackin up laughin cause this the kind of sheitt chitown muffukkas do to get things str8 & corrected for ALL to seeLOL this mofo stutterin like a mofoLOL straightening his story up & gettin it right according to T.I. Clap fukkk that sheitt you don't try to lump other mufukkas in yo category cause yo sheitt is REAL sheitty on the slyAngry im GLAD T.I. chin checked hiz puzzy azz UUGGHH ive never liked apollo he str8 jail bootyThumbs Down

Posted By: liesnalibis
Date Posted: May 09 2014 at 6:59pm
His spelling/grammar Dead

Such a turnoff.

Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: May 09 2014 at 7:00pm
at one point u were communicating so clearly 

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: May 09 2014 at 7:03pm
didnt watch or anything… but t.i even responding to apollo is dumb.. 

who is apollo…? 

if he needed to respond he shoulda just said that. "who is apollo….. why are you speaking on me.. ive never heard of you so dont even think in this direction bruh' 

N* sounded like a stuttering bytch. He was half way honored that TIP even approached him. 

On the other hand...why does T.I care? Shhhheeit ALL of us thought that man snitched (I know I still do), so why does he care that a lower life form like Apollo said what we all thought? 

His voice Dead

Date Posted: May 09 2014 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by OhMyCurlz OhMyCurlz wrote:

N* sounded like a stuttering bytch. He was half way honored that TIP even approached him. 

On the other hand...why does T.I care? Shhhheeit ALL of us thought that man snitched (I know I still do), so why does he care that a lower life form like Apollo said what we all thought? 

I guess wun nobody 'posed to say it LOL

Date Posted: May 09 2014 at 7:09pm
it's a simple "keep my name outta yo mouth" situationAngry T.I. ain't been in no trouble for awhile/ which after awhile they kinda let up off watchin yo azz sooo much/ but here comes chatty kathy bringin up yo sheitt outta nowhere trynna compare yo stuff to his stank azz sheitt to make hisself look betterAngry unnn unnn that booty azz mufukka breakin codes/ i applaud T.I. for handlin that Clap & yes that's how we do it from where i come from BOOMWink

Date Posted: May 09 2014 at 7:19pm
Dem same codes say "snitches get stitches" and we all know Tip snitched. TIP just don't like the word. You know how some n* s from the hood with a swallow of education use "big" words at weird timing? T.I stays doing that sheit. So he may call it "negotiating in an attempt to alleviate a bad situation", or whatever the hell circular wording he uses but the ni**a snitched. And we all know it. Apollo is not the only one that said this. 

I know ATL is small and the circles run smaller (Phae was some type of producer for Tiny and Toya) but still, TIP cheapened himself and made himself look more suspect, in my opinion by entertaining Stupid. 

Date Posted: May 09 2014 at 7:25pm
i get what T.I. is sayin & roll with that, keep my name out yo mouth, sittin up bringin up mike vick like they all coolSleepy unnn unnn mufukka stand up to your problems by yourself Ouch trynna take the spotlight off hisself and put it on others ( now that's some stank booty azz jail booty move type sheitt)

this fool trynna make seem like, "we all in this 2gether"Thumbs Down no yall ain't just like T.I. did his time/ michael vick did his time/ now take yo jail booty azz and do yo timeLOL

Date Posted: May 09 2014 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

His voice Dead

I was just about to comment on that.

Not manly at all

Date Posted: May 09 2014 at 8:39pm
If Apollo keeps this up Phaedra will have to start walking around with a visor like V. Steviano (sp?)

What an embarrassment

Date Posted: May 09 2014 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by femmefatale85 femmefatale85 wrote:

who did he snitch on?Confused

Date Posted: May 09 2014 at 9:00pm
Not sure, but Apollo made that statement in regard to wearing a wire for the Feds.

Posted By: mzsophisticated
Date Posted: May 09 2014 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by OhMyCurlz OhMyCurlz wrote:

Dem same codes say "snitches get stitches" and we all know Tip snitched. TIP just don't like the word. You know how some n* s from the hood with a swallow of education use "big" words at weird timing? T.I stays doing that sheit. So he may call it "negotiating in an attempt to alleviate a bad situation", or whatever the hell circular wording he uses but the ni**a snitched. And we all know it. Apollo is not the only one that said this. 

I know ATL is small and the circles run smaller (Phae was some type of producer for Tiny and Toya) but still, TIP cheapened himself and made himself look more suspect, in my opinion by entertaining Stupid. 

LOLLOLLOLLOL omg that sound like something T.I ass would say...he kills me with trying to use big words and talk intelligently

Date Posted: May 09 2014 at 9:08pm
he was wrong for calling vick a snictch cuz vick got snitched on by his entire camp. all them Brothas pointed the finger at vick as the ringleader.

Date Posted: May 09 2014 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by fckwitmeuknoigotit fckwitmeuknoigotit wrote:

he was wrong for calling vick a snictch cuz vick got snitched on by his entire camp. all them Brothas pointed the finger at vick as the ringleader.

EXACTLY what im sayin, " shut yo mouth bringing other people up" this is about APOLLO not T.I. or Mike Vick this fool is trying to divert the attention off himself by bringing up othersAngry that sheitt aint cool

Posted By: Mz. Mocha
Date Posted: May 09 2014 at 9:24pm
That video was hilarious. I feel so sorry for Apollo he looks and sounds so dumb smh

Date Posted: May 09 2014 at 9:27pm
LOL

Print Page | Close Window