Print Page | Close Window

Cashiers

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=370488
Printed Date: Dec 13 2017 at 11:53am

Topic: Cashiers
Posted By: NailtechDC
Subject: Cashiers
Date Posted: May 04 2014 at 6:21pm
Lately, I have had cashiers --usually female,  put my change on counter instead of in my hand.    I have had someone not bag my items at all.   I paid for clothing, my items were still on counter and then the girl who was some type of hispanic  just starts ringing up the next person.  I asked her can i have a bag....she handed the bag to me.   So I go....OH we have to bag our own items now??  She doesn't even respond.  

Or my favorite, which has happen to me several times over the past year---after I have swiped my debit  card and my receipt comes out, the cashier does not tear the receipt from the register nor hand me my bag,  they turn from the counter  before my receipt even prints out then tells me to grab my receipt and have a nice day as they are  walking away from register.    lol  This happened to me again this morning.    I know I shouldn't even care..but this makes me feel some type of way. 

I have worked as a cashier before and I have never placed someones money on the counter or told someone to grab their receipt.  Usually I could give customer change in their hand , ask would they like to have receipt in bag, hand  them bag and bid them a nice day.  

It is just something about me or does this happen to everyone?  Does anyone else even find the examples I listed rude?

Replies:
Posted By: Benni
Date Posted: May 04 2014 at 7:00pm
That's just wrong !!!

Posted By: HowardAlumAKA
Date Posted: May 04 2014 at 7:02pm
Ask for a manager next time this happens. I had a girl put my stuff on the counter. She had a funky ass attitude. I asked for a manager immediately.The manager checked her ass right away

Posted By: maysay1
Date Posted: May 04 2014 at 7:11pm
I basically only spend my money at places with good customer service. Where the person I'm working with acts like they are my bff. For example, nordstroms. The person will ring up your items bag them nicely or do a gift bag, then come from behind the counter and give them to you and walk you out if need be.

Or the grocery store. I try to only go to Gelson's. Best customer service ever. If you don't want to wait in line they will open a new one just for you. The cashier puts your groceries on and then someone else bags them. It's worth the expense.

Vote with your dollars.

Posted By: nebhnebh
Date Posted: May 04 2014 at 7:25pm
Sorry this has been happening to you.  Don't spend your money and feel bad, ask for a manager next time.

Posted By: thewonderfulwa
Date Posted: May 04 2014 at 7:31pm
The last time a cashier did that I looked at my money like she was crazy then I said," give me my money like you received it" then I gave her a look like don't start nothing wont be nothing.

I was fully prepared to call her manager but it didn't get that far.

Posted By: HowardAlumAKA
Date Posted: May 04 2014 at 7:35pm
Also DONT be afraid to call the corporate office if you have to. I did this on one of my local walmarts and the store manager called me to let me know that the lady was fired.

Posted By: HaitianLuv
Date Posted: May 04 2014 at 7:58pm
all the time! Sometimes they dont tear the receipt, they lazy azz is like "you can take your receipt".
I hate it when they put my money on the counter, especially when i had my hand out.

And at Publix, now i find that they dont want to bag my gallon of milk. There's been multiple times when i only bought milk and they will ring me up and walk away. Or ask me do i want a bag. Do you think i want to walk to my car with a cold heavy gallon of milk in my hand?

I also hate it when they act like they dont want to be there. Sounding all apathetic, looking around, sighing.

Posted By: tropical-punch
Date Posted: May 04 2014 at 8:57pm
People just lazy as hell. Or she doesn't like black people.

Posted By: LilMissSunshine
Date Posted: May 04 2014 at 9:42pm
That's just rude.

Posted By: NJHairLuv
Date Posted: May 04 2014 at 9:59pm
I've noticed that as the economy got worse, customer service got worse. I dont have a problem with people putting the change on the counter b/c I dont want to touch the person anyway, but I have zero tolerance for the people that act like they cant bag up the item that they are paid to bag up and I see that happen way to much and yes I have to go over their head right then and there when it happens.

Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: May 04 2014 at 10:20pm

Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

I've noticed that as the economy got worse, customer service got worse.

Posted By: missdeeluxe
Date Posted: May 04 2014 at 10:36pm
That's pretty damn rude Geek
I would mention it to a manager and/or get their customer service number and make a call.

It's pretty surprising at the lack of emphasis on real customer service in a lot of stores, especially chains.
And by that I mean over all attitude, not just standing there fulfilling your job description.

But I'm pretty picky after having always worked in retail /shrug.

Posted By: DiorShowGirl
Date Posted: May 04 2014 at 11:03pm
there are these indian folks who own a very high pricey old diner turned into a cigar/magazine/pharmacy/mini mart store....i went in one day and the guy's wife just put my change right down on the counter with an attitude...i was like ISH U AS DARK AS I AM AND U GOT ATTITUDE..i told someone of it and they said those folks don't believe in touching skin with a stranger...WTF???
YANK that long ass braid off and turn it into a nice FULL LACE WIG byotch..

i also reported an old white woman who worked at sephora's who gave me attitude at the register...emailed the main office and it was taken care of right there and then on that monday..

Posted By: LilMissSunshine
Date Posted: May 05 2014 at 12:01am
Not excusing the cashier, but I think for the most part when customer service sucks its because the company sucks and is usually not treating the employees fairly. I really do not like supporting companies like that. I know firsthand because I work for a telecommunications company, and service within the company (ie communicating with other departments sucks, so I know the customers go through hell...I used to be a customer, but I took my money elsewhere...so I don't even use my company's products).

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: May 05 2014 at 12:13am
I remember what it is like to have a minimum wage job(s) that barely pays any bills. It's hard and it sucks. If you feel like you're going to be rude to me you don't have to say a word to me besides hello and have a good day.Stern Smile

Posted By: Princess Grace
Date Posted: May 05 2014 at 1:51am
Poor planning on your life decisions dont not give you the right to be rude to me. 

Put my money on the counter, I need a refund and I will write corporate a email, calls can get lost im the shuffle.

Hand me a bag for what, I dont work here.

I also wont "run and grab another item" cause the one I have is snagged, has a hole or whatever the issue is. You wear the badge, you get the check you get the item.

They are hoping you wont follow through but I do. You applied to the job on your own free will, and yo knew what the job entailed so if you felt it was beneath you then you should not be working there.

Posted By: Immie89
Date Posted: May 05 2014 at 11:56am
The only thing that bothers me the most is when cashiers make on remarks on what you buying....yes I'm buying cat treats and kit later off.

Posted By: AmiliaCabral
Date Posted: May 05 2014 at 12:05pm

It wasn't a black owned business giving terrible customer service? GIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRL I heard it all

They trippin. For unskilled labor you can be replaced in a hot second. Real talk for just about any job you can be replaced but for a cashier...man that turnover time gotta be like 20 minutes.

I was a cashier at Pathmark and got fired for throwing a rotisserie chicken at a customer...girl I was fired within 20 seconds and replaced less than three hours later.

If you don't want your job then don't work. Either show up with a decent attitude or find something better. Or at least prepare to find something else.

Posted By: creole booty
Date Posted: May 05 2014 at 12:17pm
Middle eastern store worker told me I had to spend $5 to use my card instead of cash. I only needed to spend $3 for my purchases. I told him that I'm aware that its illegal to make a mandatory card minimum for card use, and that I will report him. I said I'm smart.

And they took only $3. Hos

So tired of them taking advantage of black neighborhoods.

Posted By: NJHairLuv
Date Posted: May 05 2014 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by AmiliaCabral AmiliaCabral wrote:

throwing a rotisserie chicken at a customer

Shocked...LOLCryLOL

Posted By: 4shopiece
Date Posted: May 05 2014 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by creole booty creole booty wrote:

Middle eastern store worker told me I had to spend $5 to use my card instead of cash. I only needed to spend $3 for my purchases. I told him that I'm aware that its illegal to make a mandatory card minimum for card use, and that I will report him. I said I'm smart.

And they took only $3. Hos

So tired of them taking advantage of black neighborhoods.

I just did this a few weeks ago at the beauty supply near me. The item i wanted only cost 1.29 Im not payn extra when I only need one thing. The cashier called the manager and they discussed it but claimed it was their store policy. I said I dont care what your policy is thats against regulations. So, I didnt buy anything at all and I called Visa on the way out to report them.... I have not been back since

Posted By: DiorShowGirl
Date Posted: May 05 2014 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by AmiliaCabral AmiliaCabral wrote:

It wasn't a black owned business giving terrible customer service? GIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRL I heard it all

They trippin. For unskilled labor you can be replaced in a hot second. Real talk for just about any job you can be replaced but for a cashier...man that turnover time gotta be like 20 minutes.

I was a cashier at Pathmark and got fired for throwing a rotisserie chicken at a customer...girl I was fired within 20 seconds and replaced less than three hours later.

If you don't want your job then don't work. Either show up with a decent attitude or find something better. Or at least prepare to find something else.

oh do tell of Y this happened? *Sits at table waiting for story*Big smile

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: May 05 2014 at 6:22pm
those things happened to my mom before.
turns out the cashiers were racist and didnt want to accidently touch skin...Ermm

Posted By: Samoneisthebest
Date Posted: May 05 2014 at 6:39pm
I use to get in trouble for being apathetic when I was a cashier.

I was a teenager. Couldn't care less if I got fired or complained on. Plenty of other minimum wage jobs out there lol

Customer got mad at me once because I didn't place her groceries in her cart after bagging them. Bish, you don't see this line behind you? Your arms don't work? You expect me to ring up, bag and place your buggy full of groceries in the cart? How you gonna get them in and out of the car? Dontchu know I have to walk all the way around the counter to reach your buggy? Dontchu know my feet hurt?

F yo feelings. 

I aint one for retail. lol

I don't expect anything from cashiers but for them to ring my items up.

Print Page | Close Window