Print Page | Close Window

why do churches turn a blind eye to fornication?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=370455
Printed Date: Sep 23 2018 at 3:22am

Topic: why do churches turn a blind eye to fornication?
Posted By: Josephuss
Subject: why do churches turn a blind eye to fornication?
Date Posted: May 02 2014 at 5:31pm
fornication defiles the bondage of marriage created by God. Anyone can sin but alot of churches and church goers promote and openly practice it.

Replies:
Posted By: Bored w/Out Me?
Date Posted: May 02 2014 at 5:36pm
They don't promote it, but people are gonna be people and people have sex no matter what they promised to GOD Sunday morning

Date Posted: May 02 2014 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by Bored w/Out Me? Bored w/Out Me? wrote:

They don't promote it, but people are gonna be people and people have sex no matter what they promised to GOD Sunday morning
fornication is almost acceptable in churches these days. God`s principals never change

Posted By: herwoman
Date Posted: May 02 2014 at 5:45pm
I would disagree...fornicators,whores and drug addicts used to be all Pastors preached against for yeeeeears before the gay trend. Fornicators and drug addicts show up in droves now that the heat is off them.

Posted By: Gkisses
Because the pews would be empty.

Posted By: Lady ICE
times have changed. they are only out for money.no one cares anymore.

my old church would have slammed anybody, if you didnt want truth
you couldnt go there. lol. i liked that church. LOL. they told the truth..
not like this watered down stuff of today. 

Posted By: liesnalibis
Date Posted: May 02 2014 at 6:01pm
No way they can presume to know what people are doing on their own time. You mean like girls with multiple babies? There was one like that at my church that was there every Sunday and stayed for 11 o'clock service.

Posted By: slayfresh
Date Posted: May 02 2014 at 6:04pm
this really is a great question. it doesn't so much seem as a big deal anymore and the church aint ready to say why because then it would mean that that book has a best by date and that as society evolves and changes that religion is capable of doing the same.

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: May 02 2014 at 6:09pm
where they do that?

Date Posted: May 02 2014 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by slayfresh slayfresh wrote:

this really is a great question. it doesn't so much seem as a big deal anymore and the church aint ready to say why because then it would mean that that book has a best by date and that as society evolves and changes that religion is capable of doing the same.

Can you expound? Do you think religion is more something a person chooses to practice or something a person truly believes? So should true religion change for a person or the person for the religion? 

Date Posted: May 02 2014 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by Josephuss Josephuss wrote:

Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

No way they can presume to know what people are doing on their own time. You mean like girls with multiple babies? There was one like that at my church that was there every Sunday and stayed for 11 o'clock service.
i dont mean single mothers or past mistakes, I mean boyfriend/girlfriend all in the church together who live together. People interacting with hookups on thier mind with no questioning or whatever from anyone.

Ohhhh. Well I don't know. It's been a long time since I've been to a service.

Date Posted: May 02 2014 at 6:11pm

i dont mean single mothers or past mistakes, I mean boyfriend/girlfriend all in the church together who live together. People interacting with hookups on thier mind with no questioning or whatever from anyone.

Date Posted: May 02 2014 at 6:16pm

Originally posted by slayfresh slayfresh wrote:

Can you expound? Do you think religion is more something a person chooses to practice or something a person truly believes? So should true religion change for a person or the person for the religion? 

I think it's a little of both. But I do think that these rules and things are written a a basic guide that was suitable for a period of time. The evolution of society has truly shown that.

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: May 02 2014 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

This was my first thought.

Posted By: aNgElIc*SoUl
Date Posted: May 02 2014 at 6:37pm
I don't get these New Age "Christians" either, then they stay getting mad and defensive when non religious people call them on their bullshyt.

Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: May 02 2014 at 6:44pm
OP did you witness something at church recently??

Date Posted: May 02 2014 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

OP did you witness something at church recently??
i dont go to "church". At this point I just think we`re all aware how tolerated fornication is

Posted By: blaquefoxx
Date Posted: May 02 2014 at 7:03pm
This thread reminds me of the time when one of our elders got caught committing multiple accounts of adultery and misusing funds for the congregation. Us Hebrews don't play that ish; he pretty much had to go into hiding Ja Rule style 

Posted By: lanae
Date Posted: May 02 2014 at 7:16pm
Not true. I was a visitor at this Baptist church where this unmarried couple was christening their baby. The pastor mentioned during his blessing that the baby's conception was a sin. I was embarrased for them but oh well

Posted By: f8dagrate
Date Posted: May 02 2014 at 7:20pm
At op serious question, if a fine Black/Asian woman said let me smash. You wouldn't have sex with her?

Posted By: Mixer
Date Posted: May 02 2014 at 7:21pm
f8, nnnooooooooo!

Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: May 02 2014 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by f8dagrate f8dagrate wrote:

At op serious question, if a fine Black/Asian woman said let me smash. You wouldn't have sex with her?

Please click the log off buttonLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

@OP I meant to say hall.

Posted By: JasmineE02
Date Posted: May 02 2014 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

Pretty much this.  If we're talking about the US, then literally 95% of people don't wait until marriage.  People don't even want to get married anymore. LOL  Church attendance is dropping, and many of those attending want it on their terms.  

Posted By: Mixer
Date Posted: May 02 2014 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Please click the log off buttonLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

@OP I meant to say hall.
LOLYeah

Date Posted: May 02 2014 at 7:35pm

no but sex isnt bad just outside of marraige

Posted By: Journey94
Date Posted: May 02 2014 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by aNgElIc*SoUl aNgElIc*SoUl wrote:

I don't get these New Age "Christians" either, then they stay getting mad and defensive when non religious people call them on their bullshyt.

Great point. They always get up in arms when someone says something about it.

Posted By: Oladunni
Date Posted: May 02 2014 at 8:00pm
It depends on the church you attend..

And I don't think it's turning a blind eye is just preachers don't really know how to teach their congregation..

They need to teach how to be and stay abstinent and not simply say don't have sex........
Sex is not like stealing and killing
Are bodies want and need sex......

Posted By: Katrenia
Date Posted: May 02 2014 at 8:08pm
Jo, are you still working with the witnesses??
Don't they disfellowship you for "getting it in" outside of marriage??

I don't think church blind eyes fornication, many churches try to teach a way of life where it isn't acceptable. First the church has to draw the sinner in and you can't draw them by condemnation.

Date Posted: May 02 2014 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by lanae lanae wrote:

Not true. I was a visitor at this Baptist church where this unmarried couple was christening their baby. The pastor mentioned during his blessing that the baby's conception was a sin. I was embarrased for them but oh well
smh so mean.

Date Posted: May 02 2014 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by Katrenia Katrenia wrote:

I don't think church blind eyes fornication, many churches try to teach a way of life where it isn't acceptable. First the church has to draw the sinner in and you can't draw them by condemnation.
yes i am and they do disfellowship for fornication while other churches ignore it all together or do nothing

Posted By: Random Thoughts
Date Posted: May 02 2014 at 8:22pm
When I went to church, I'm not sure there was a blind eye to fornication. When one of the members of the choir got pregnant outside of marriage, they sat her down and she wasn't allowed to be a part of any of the service.

They preached against it. I remember a lot of sermons about getting over the spirit of lust. They just didn't crusade against it. That's usually reserved for other "sins" like homosexuality.

Posted By: herwoman
Date Posted: May 02 2014 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

When I went to church, I'm not sure there was a blind eye to fornication. When one of the members of the choir got pregnant outside of marriage, they sat her down and she wasn't allowed to be a part of any of the service.

They preached against it. I remember a lot of sermons about getting over the spirit of lust. They just didn't crusade against it. That's usually reserved for other "sins" like homosexuality.
Yep that's old school church. Back in the day they called in backsliding, basicly if they could see you sin, no choir for you, no usher board, no missionary...no nothing. The old mothers would get you in a corner or at the grocery store lol and it was a wrap. The old mothers been saying "have a seat."

Posted By: bindy
Date Posted: May 02 2014 at 9:05pm

no but sex isnt bad just outside of marraige

Josephus, do you masturbate? Is it okay by the Bible to masturbate?

Date Posted: May 02 2014 at 9:40pm
No bindy i dont masturbate. It creates unhealthy thoughts and puts you in the mind set to fornicate. I only ejaculate through the occasional wet dream

Posted By: tropical-punch
Date Posted: May 02 2014 at 9:49pm
churches are turning a blind eye?

Posted By: Katrenia
Date Posted: May 02 2014 at 9:59pm

Originally posted by Katrenia Katrenia wrote:

yes i am and they do disfellowship for fornication while other churches ignore it all together or do nothing

I understand keeping God's house clean however we are imperfect beings and if a mistake is made it's between that person and God. 
We do have the ability to repent if we are truly making a change. 
I just don't understand confessing and explaining my sins to the elders. I Doubt the watchtower committee will stand in for anyone during judgment.

Religion can be hateful, it separates and I doubt that was Jesus' intention.

Posted By: OhMyCurlz
Date Posted: May 02 2014 at 10:01pm

No bindy i dont masturbate. It creates unhealthy thoughts and puts you in the mind set to fornicate. I only ejaculate through the occasional wet dream

That sounds miserable. Ouch

I went to a Christian school that would kick girls out of school if they got pregnant. I found this extremely stupid and raised the point to my Bible teacher. The boys were never expelled. 

Also seems kinda anti-Christ like to preach down to or ostracize people for sinning...since we all are considered sinners according to the Bible. You would think the church would embrace those who sinned as they would need support and guidance more than anyone. You can do all of that without condoning the sin. That's what JESUS would do. 

......some churches serve themselves...not Christ. 

Print Page | Close Window