Forum Description: Discussion on Dark Spots
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=370454
Printed Date: Dec 12 2018 at 12:42pm

Topic: Black elbows
Posted By: Sophrosyne
Subject: Black elbows
Date Posted: May 02 2014 at 4:29pm
Hi

Anyone got any advice about how to get rid/lighten these?

If you get what I mean: my elbows are black (jet black, charcoal) compared to the rest of my arm. It's coming up to summer and with halter dresses I don't want those hideous elbows showing out like they do!

Any ideas?    

Replies:
Date Posted: May 04 2014 at 9:57am
Anyone??

Posted By: naturesgift
Date Posted: May 04 2014 at 11:39am
lol, what about your knees? I've heard of lemon juice to lighten them.

Date Posted: May 04 2014 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by naturesgift naturesgift wrote:

lol...my knees are fine...so is my left elbow...it is just the right elbow...probably the one I lean on the most at my desk. Lemon juice you say? I'll give it a try!

Posted By: fidel
Date Posted: May 05 2014 at 6:26am
Originally posted by Sophrosyne Sophrosyne wrote:

Hi

If you get what I mean: my elbows are black (jet black, charcoal) compared to the rest of my arm. It's coming up to summer and with halter dresses I don't want those hideous elbows showing out like they do!

Any ideas?    

Exfoliate, Exfoliate, Exfoliate, buy a loofah and scrub brush, make sure you get those elbows and knees. Alpha Hydroxy based lotions also help remove the dead skin.

Buy some razors and occasional shave your knees.

Posted By: fidel
Date Posted: May 05 2014 at 6:29am
Originally posted by naturesgift naturesgift wrote:

That don't work buddy.

Posted By: Benni
Date Posted: May 06 2014 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by fidel fidel wrote:

Hi

Any ideas?    

Exfoliate, Exfoliate, Exfoliate, buy a loofah and scrub brush, make sure you get those elbows and knees. Alpha Hydroxy based lotions also help remove the dead skin.

Buy some razors and occasional shave your knees.

Try the bolded, then use a lightener like Nadinola. Use sun protection, and try to avoid putting pressure on the elbows against hard surfaces.

Good Luck

Posted By: NARSAddict
Date Posted: May 06 2014 at 4:19pm
Instead of the loofah sponge, use the Korean Italy exfoliating cloth/towel.  That sucker scrubs.  I thought the Salux cloth scrubs but it is no match to the Korean Italy cloth.

Posted By: girlysquared
Date Posted: May 15 2014 at 5:31pm
I like the fade cream by Clear Essence. It lighten dark spots left from acne on my face. 

Date Posted: May 23 2014 at 3:47pm
Some great suggestions here!

I'll try some Thumbs Up but generally anti skin lightening creams etc Thumbs Down but needs must Disapprove!

Smile

Posted By: sexyandfamous
Date Posted: May 25 2014 at 2:00pm
After I started dry brushing, I noticed my elbows less darker. I use a http://www.target.com/p/bathery-loofah-sponge-set-of-3/-/A-14509443#prodSlot=medium_1_3&term=loofah" rel="nofollow - loofah I bought at target , but I believe any exfoliating sponge will do. I brush my whole body before taking a shower.

Posted By: shariblades
Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by NARSAddict NARSAddict wrote:

Instead of the loofah sponge, use the Korean Italy exfoliating cloth/towel.  That sucker scrubs.  I thought the Salux cloth scrubs but it is no match to the Korean Italy cloth.

Yesss~!!! This is the business

Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by shariblades shariblades wrote:

Originally posted by NARSAddict NARSAddict wrote:

Yesss~!!! This is the business
That daggone Korean ital cloth is the truth. Every woman should own one. It should be MANDATORY

Posted By: marianclare
Date Posted: Oct 31 2014 at 10:27pm
You can treat your dark elbows by using lemon juice. Squeeze a lemon and put it on your dark elbows. Lemon is an antioxidant it has bleaching and exfoliating properties, and so can be used to get rid of dark skin / dead cells on various parts of your body, including dark elbows and knees. It also clears the way for the healthy cells reproduction.

Posted By: Queenie905
Date Posted: Nov 10 2014 at 10:06pm
I guess you should first exfoliate your elbows with some products like bath salts.Then put on some whitening body lotion.

Date Posted: Nov 11 2014 at 1:22am
I exfoliate weekly with the Korean Italy Towel. It did help lighten my elbows a bit, but they are still darker than my body.

I found this video on youtube, and she has pics to compare; she warmed up sugar with coconut oil and scrubbed her elbows. After she applied baking soda and milk and washed it off after it dried.

skip to 0:57 for pics and steps

Posted By: Queteapies
Date Posted: Jan 15 2015 at 10:44pm

Hi

Any ideas?    

Sophrosyne, 

A huge number of women, especially women-of-color, deal with extremely dark elbows and knees. A new makeup I've seen circulating recently, covers dark spots instantly and dries on the skin to keep those marks covered. It's Nubian Skin Perfector. It may not get RID of or LIGHTEN the dark spots but it certainly helps to keep them under cover! 

Definitely a staple product during the spring/summer months!!!

Posted By: md.rofiqul
Date Posted: Jan 22 2015 at 7:13pm
If you want  to get rid /lighten these following below tips

Curd and lemon

How it will help: Curd helps moisturise the region while lemon helps lighten up it. it has acidic as well as whitening properties which also keeps infections away.

Steps

1. Take 1 tbsp associated with slightly sour curd as well as squeeze half a lemon involved with it.
  2. Add a pinch associated with gram flour or besan as well as turmeric or haldi towards the mixture.
  3. Apply on darkish inner thighs and depart it to dry.
  4. Lightly scrub off using round motions and use basic water if needed.

Date Posted: Jun 26 2015 at 4:03pm
update: my elbows are wayyy lighter thanks to the Korean Italy Towel. If I had exfoliated my elbows more often, maybe 3x a week, I probably would have elbows' color matching my arms' color.

Posted By: daisygrace88
Date Posted: Jul 15 2015 at 3:35am
You can use baking soda with milk. Make a thick paste and apply it on your elbows in circular motion every alternate day. It will surely help you out.

Print Page | Close Window