Print Page | Close Window

Being a bit envious..

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=370392
Printed Date: Jun 17 2019 at 8:36am


Topic: Being a bit envious..
Posted By: sistagal
Subject: Being a bit envious..
Date Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 12:07pm
Have you ever been the only one who is single amongst your friends to the point where you feel a little jealous of those in relationships, particularly your friends. Where you try to be happy for them but you're just a little envious that you are still single.

How have you dealt with it?



Replies:
Posted By: nebhnebh
Date Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 12:11pm
I have not but just wanted to say, if this is you, sorry you are feeling this way.  Chin up!


Posted By: herwoman
Date Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 12:26pm


Posted By: lexis83
Date Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 12:31pm
Don't be envious. When you sit through some of the issues people in relationships go through you'd be glad you're waiting on your relationship to happen. It moreso upsets me when people feel bad for you for being single.


Posted By: Ming
Date Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 12:34pm
No. Not because other people's relationships may not be what it seems but because the time i spend being jealous could be spent working on myself.


Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 12:39pm
lol I'm single but I'm definitely not jealous...a lot of relationships are not what they seem.

All of my friends have horrible relationships, been cheated on, some beat, or verbally abused (in front of me) but "he loves me" so it's ok..

Most of em are in it for the long haul too... they plan on getting married.. you can't tell them nothing.. I stopped talking...

If they like it I love it I guess...


Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 12:43pm
ming you beat me to it...

A lot of people envy their relationships too...

I just sit and think... gurl



Posted By: herwoman
Date Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 12:57pm
What about the relationships that are what they seem? Come on now don't feel good about being single because you find solace in the fact that SOME relationships aren't what they seem. That's a bit sad actually...I think feeling a little envious is normal especially when it's something you long for but you can't let that consume you. You can't allow your loneliness to get in the way of you being a good and supportive friend. You just have to stay positive and believe that your mister right will come along just as your friends did.

People are in fucced up relationships, this is true but there are GREAT relationships out there. Loving, committed, trusting and consistently growing relationships. How do you feel about those? How do you comfort yourself when faced with a loving relationship and you don't have one?


Posted By: HunnyB
Date Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by sistagal sistagal wrote:

Have you ever been the only one who is single amongst your friends to the point where you feel a little jealous of those in relationships, particularly your friends. Where you try to be happy for them but you're just a little envious that you are still single.

How have you dealt with it?

The grass may look greener, but enjoy being single. There's nothing wrong with being "that friend". Don't be jealous bc at the end of the day you are accountable to no1LOL

Now if yall are going on group dates, then I have no ideaCry


Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by herwoman herwoman wrote:

What about the relationships that are what they seem? Come on now don't feel good about being single because you find solace in the fact that SOME relationships aren't what they seem. That's a bit sad actually...I think feeling a little envious is normal especially when it's something you long for but you can't let that consume you. You can't allow your loneliness to get in the way of you being a good and supportive friend. You just have to stay positive and believe that your mister right will come along just as your friends did.

People are in fucced up relationships, this is true but there are GREAT relationships out there. Loving, committed, trusting and consistently growing relationships. How do you feel about those? How do you comfort yourself when faced with a loving relationship and you don't have one?

This is true.  Such a negative outlook certainly ain't gonna help you/set you up when you actually do have the opportunity to enter a relationship.


Posted By: MsBMW
Date Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by herwoman herwoman wrote:

What about the relationships that are what they seem? Come on now don't feel good about being single because you find solace in the fact that SOME relationships aren't what they seem. That's a bit sad actually...I think feeling a little envious is normal especially when it's something you long for but you can't let that consume you. You can't allow your loneliness to get in the way of you being a good and supportive friend. You just have to stay positive and believe that your mister right will come along just as your friends did.

People are in fucced up relationships, this is true but there are GREAT relationships out there. Loving, committed, trusting and consistently growing relationships. How do you feel about those? How do you comfort yourself when faced with a loving relationship and you don't have one?

I agree with all of thisClap


Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 1:12pm

Lol... nobody is happy to be single because of other people's failed relationships... very silly

I enjoy being single because at 21 I have no desire for a serious relationship right now..

I just made it into adulthood...life is to be lived first.


Posted By: bg
Date Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 1:12pm
why is it a 'comfort' to know that your 'friend' may be in a bad relationship LOL sounds like something you tell yourself to feel better about being without a companion...which is pretty sad

cheer up OP and continue to work on yourself, get out and meet new people and do new things...when the time is right it will happen...fret not

you never know where your future love is waiting for you Heart


Posted By: iliveforbhm
Date Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 1:13pm
Be happy you ain't a baby mama and a statistic. You have a better chance with a nice white man who will treat you instead of a brotha man.


Posted By: sistagal
Date Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by herwoman herwoman wrote:

What about the relationships that are what they seem? Come on now don't feel good about being single because you find solace in the fact that SOME relationships aren't what they seem. That's a bit sad actually...I think feeling a little envious is normal especially when it's something you long for but you can't let that consume you. You can't allow your loneliness to get in the way of you being a good and supportive friend. You just have to stay positive and believe that your mister right will come along just as your friends did.

People are in fucced up relationships, this is true but there are GREAT relationships out there. Loving, committed, trusting and consistently growing relationships. How do you feel about those? How do you comfort yourself when faced with a loving relationship and you don't have one?


This here. I know there are people in difficult relationships but there are loads in great ones. & we all long for companionship and it's not fun being the bridesmaid and never the bride, if you get what I mean. & Mr right is always for someone else...

It's just a bit of a pang where I'm happy to talk about it and be all excited but people in relationships cannot have a conversation sometimes without bringing up the bf. & afterwards it's just a bit of an "aww I wish I had someone to talk about" feeling


Posted By: Benni
Date Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 1:24pm
Nope !!!   I am single by choice. Married friends are envious of my life. Nothing better than being untethered.

FREEDOM !!


Posted By: Derri
Date Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 1:37pm


The more you focus on what you don't have is the more you wont have it.

Whether my friends were single, not looking, or looking, i found out what my own desires were, and focused on them.
Stop comparing your experiences to those of others or you will never be happy.
Be happy for your friends knowing that you're in this life too, and goodness is not limited to just them, unless you believe it is.









Posted By: maysay1
Date Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 1:38pm
I'm pretty much always the only single one with my friends. And with my family...8 brothers and sisters and they're all married or in a long term relationship and so are all my cousins and what not.

But I'm single by choice so I never feel envious. With family it is awkward sometimes because I'm always the 3rd or 5th wheel since everyone has a partner. I'm actually not uncomfortable but everyone else is.

I don't see envy as a bad thing though unless it's sabotaging your ability to be good friend. Otherwise, it's a kind of motivator. And if you want a relationship you'll have one in time. That's for sure.


Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by herwoman herwoman wrote:

What about the relationships that are what they seem? Come on now don't feel good about being single because you find solace in the fact that SOME relationships aren't what they seem. That's a bit sad actually...I think feeling a little envious is normal especially when it's something you long for but you can't let that consume you. You can't allow your loneliness to get in the way of you being a good and supportive friend. You just have to stay positive and believe that your mister right will come along just as your friends did.

People are in fucced up relationships, this is true but there are GREAT relationships out there. Loving, committed, trusting and consistently growing relationships. How do you feel about those? How do you comfort yourself when faced with a loving relationship and you don't have one?


love this post


Posted By: iliveforbhm
Date Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 2:11pm
I need to leave this site it's true what they say BHM leaves you bald headed, fat, lonely, and depressed.


Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 2:49pm
btw I dont think its ideal to be envious of anything/anyone...period...

If you want a relationship...prepare for it mentally and emotionally... put yourself in a position for one but leave the envy part out..

Envy will get you in trouble....



Posted By: Princess Grace
Date Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 2:50pm
Chile don't let it get you down, hell ask one of your gf if they know anyone who might be a good match for you.

Domonique brags to anyone one who will listen that her man is the greatest but I found out the reason she wasn't drinking with us last week because she was on antibiotics that she was on to cure whatever was ailing her sick vagina since her perfect man decided to leave her a gift. 

They still living together in bliss ConfusedConfusedConfused....

He will come along


Posted By: sistagal
Date Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:


btw I dont think its ideal to be envious of anything/anyone...pe<b style="font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4;">riod...
<b style="font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4;">
<b style="font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4;">If you want a relationship...prepare for it mentally and emotionally... put yourself in a position for one but leave the envy part out..

Envy will get you in trouble....



I'm only human sometimes we feel some negative emotions...

But it definitely doesn't make me a bad friend, I don't try to sabotage anything and we talk normally. Just can't help that feeling at the pit of my stomach sometimes you know.

And like Derri said, I'm trying to focus on other things like my career etc but sometimes my brain sabotages me and goes back there!


Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by iliveforbhm iliveforbhm wrote:

I need to leave this site it's true what they say BHM leaves you bald headed, fat, lonely, and depressed.
sod off mate


Posted By: sistagal
Date Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by bg bg wrote:

why is it a 'comfort' to know that your 'friend' may be in a bad relationship LOL sounds like something you tell yourself to feel better about being without a companion...which is pretty sad

cheer up OP and continue to work on yourself, get out and meet new people and do new things...when the time is right it will happen...fret not

you never know where your future love is waiting for you Heart



Haha! I know right!!!

I'm definitely trying not to fret and do different things etc. I don't like focusing on age but I'm not far from 30! I'm not saying I want to be married, I just want to at least be in a stable relationship. I'm sure it's not unnatural to feel that way! & it's bad that sometimes it comes out as envy.


Posted By: Derri
Date Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 3:19pm
When we see things, and other people with things that we perceive as desirable, we realize that it is an option, and we start to desire the experience of it too.
That's the nature of being a human.

Just think the thoughts that match your desires, instead of thinking thoughts that would trouble you if they materialized.
Such as, 'it seems that will never be me!' etc.

Maybe instead, give a good thought about the experience, and then put out a thought that matches your desires for yourself.


Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by sistagal sistagal wrote:

Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:


btw I dont think its ideal to be envious of anything/anyone...pe<b style="font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4;">riod...
<b style="font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4;">
<b style="font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4;">If you want a relationship...prepare for it mentally and emotionally... put yourself in a position for one but leave the envy part out..

Envy will get you in trouble....



I'm only human sometimes we feel some negative emotions...

But it definitely doesn't make me a bad friend, I don't try to sabotage anything and we talk normally. Just can't help that feeling at the pit of my stomach sometimes you know.

And like Derri said, I'm trying to focus on other things like my career etc but sometimes my brain sabotages me and goes back there!

ah..i see... well i wish you the bestEmbarrassed





Posted By: sistagal
Date Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

When we see things, and other people with things, we realize that it is an option, and we start to desire the experience of it.
That's the nature of being a human.
Just think the thoughts that match your desires, instead of thinking thoughts that would trouble you if they materialized.
Such as, 'it seems that will never be me!' etc.

Maybe instead, give a good thought about the experience, and then put out a thought that matches your desires for yourself.


Thanks for the great advice Derri. I definitely need to move away from the negative feeling.


Posted By: Derri
Date Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 3:26pm
Anytime sistagal.

Yes, move away from the negative thinking that leads to negative feelings, which leads to negative actions, which leads to negative experiences.


Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 3:31pm
I think it is okay to occasionally have that 'I wish I wasn't single' and it's a good thing that you recognize that feeling and want to change that feeling into a positive one.

You might have to take a little break from hanging around the friend that is making you feel negative while you work on those feelings. Do you have any single friends? Maybe you can talk to her or him and go out more and hey, you might meet someone.

Think of the positives you have going on in your life and enjoy this 'single lady' time in your life.Smile


Posted By: DiorShowGirl
Date Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 6:22pm
gonna be truthful..yeah i do get envious at relationships..my sister says to me all of the time IT AIN;T WHAT IT'S CRACKED UP TO BE..BE GLAD UR STILL SINGLEConfused

i love the fact that they r bff's, dinner dates, couple dates(meaning going out with another married couple) ..looks like fun..
then i look at them and do notice how old looking couples get when they r married...single folks looking so good and young looking/refreshed..this is what i observe here where i live though...





Posted By: rell85
Date Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 6:26pm
Everything that looks good is not.


Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 7:37pm
I am envious of other people's relationships but I also enjoy my single life. I think it's completely normal to feel that way.


Posted By: HowardAlumAKA
Date Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 7:39pm
You are not envious, you are just lonely. You don't want what your friends have, you just want your own. Look at yourself and ask yourself why are you single because its you.


Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 7:45pm



Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 7:56pm
No. I've always been content being alone, so being single has never bothered me.


Posted By: aNgElIc*SoUl
Date Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 7:57pm
Yea, it doesn't really bother me that much anymore. My sister dogged me out this past V-day because her and my bil went on a double date with some friends. The friend's wife was dogging me too.....little do both of these bytches know both of their husbands trying hard to get up in angelic.


Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by HowardAlumAKA HowardAlumAKA wrote:

You are not envious, you are just lonely. You don't want what your friends have, you just want your own. Look at yourself and ask yourself why are you single because its you.



In the end, it really is just this. You're just feeling lonely.


Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 8:01pm
Your bil is trying to fck you or did I misinterpret that?

N T Ways...I have felt a sting of envy when one of my friends had what I longed for but I have always been happy for them regardless of that. I love seeing happy and in love couples, it genuinely makes me smile.


Posted By: aNgElIc*SoUl
Date Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by AshBash89 AshBash89 wrote:

Your bil is trying to fck you or did I misinterpret that?

N T Ways...I have felt a sting of envy when one of my friends had what I longed for but I have always been happy for them regardless of that. I love seeing happy and in love couples, it genuinely makes me smile.


yup, he tried to go there.


Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

Originally posted by HowardAlumAKA HowardAlumAKA wrote:

You are not envious, you are just lonely. You don't want what your friends have, you just want your own. Look at yourself and ask yourself why are you single because its you.



In the end, it really is just this. You're just feeling lonely.

I have to agree also...

I had the misfortune of watching a steve harvey episode a couple weeks ago...

They had a show about this intelligent woman in her early 30's with a PhD, who was lonely and wanted to find a good man....

She complained about how all of her dates go bad and her relationships never last...

So they brought 3 of her exes on the show..and long story short...it was her fault that she was single...

She was attractive but her attitude, her mentality...




Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 8:11pm
I know yall hate steve harveyLOL

*dodges stones*


Posted By: DiorShowGirl
Date Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by HowardAlumAKA HowardAlumAKA wrote:

You are not envious, you are just lonely. You don't want what your friends have, you just want your own. Look at yourself and ask yourself why are you single because its you.


I choose to be single cause some of  the men here are idiots and want to play games...
AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR DATLOLLOLLOL


Posted By: sistagal
Date Posted: May 01 2014 at 3:25am
Originally posted by HowardAlumAKA HowardAlumAKA wrote:

You are not envious, you are just lonely. You don't want what your friends have, you just want your own. Look at yourself and ask yourself why are you single because its you.


Yeah I probably don't go out very often & when I do it's usually same people and same places. My attitude and mentality is just fine I'm sure! I'm pretty good at reviewing myself haha.


Posted By: naturesgift
Date Posted: May 01 2014 at 4:27am
I think envy is a normal emotion I have some envy not about someone's relationship but about: entrepreneurial success, I try and let what I want motive me, model myself after what I want, make a plan and work towards what I want! I think you are right about changing it up sometimes and meeting new people and going new places you are bound to meet more people you have things in common with. The key is not to let envy overtake you.... LOVE your life its an opportunity


Posted By: Katrenia
Date Posted: May 01 2014 at 5:40am
The Grass is Always Greener…
I was the first in my group of friends/relatives to marry and I envied my single friends, I envied their freedom.
Now, I find out that many of them envied me for being married.


Posted By: Printer_Ink
Date Posted: May 01 2014 at 7:27am
You should not be envious/jealous and I will tell you why.

1) Some people are just putting up a front and behind closed doors they are unhappy ... and really wish they had the freedom you have! For example, I've purchased many houses all my myself .. so I have pride in this and I can't tell you how many married gfs I have that have never done this and are jealous of my accomplishments. Everything they have pretty much is based on their JOINT efforts so she can't be a badassed independant woman. Noo.

2) Some people are really very happy/content in their relationship. However a relationsip but nature is 'restrictive'. Meaning .. there was a point that I quit work for 3 months so I could work on a cure for AIDs in the Belize rainforest. If I was married or even in a relationship ... that would have posed a MAJOR problem. When you are in a relationship for X years ... it's WORK to keep the spark going. You have to compromise etc .. so no I can't say I would want to be married to the SAME guy since was 20 because of all the experiences I would have missed.

There's good and bad to both sides so don't think that once you find 'the right guy' everything will be perfect in your life.

Nope.


Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: May 01 2014 at 8:16am

I agree printerink

I said this on the first page and feelings got caught...

Relationships are nice and all but I definitely don't get jealous because you really never know what goes on behind closed doors...

Same with jealousy period... there is a saying "never get jealous of someone because you don't know what they had to go through to get where they are"



Posted By: Printer_Ink
Date Posted: May 01 2014 at 8:33am
Right - for example people are always so jealous of Oprah's money ... but I would not trade all that money for féd up childhood she had.

What .. the sexual abuse/rape (more than once), not having a mother in her life .. being farmed out to her father, being poor .. heck no.

She had to go through all that to get where she is today and that stuff damages you in a way that money can not heal.


Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: May 01 2014 at 8:35am

yup




Posted By: uppitynegroid
Date Posted: May 01 2014 at 8:37am
I've gone through this stage.  Just remember everyone has their own path in life.  Some people will meet their soulmate before you, start their career before you, etc.   The most important thing is that when these events finally materialize in your life, you feel happy and fulfilled.  Until then, learn to be happy with your present life. 


Posted By: Missvw
Date Posted: May 01 2014 at 8:37am
I don't envy anyone's relationship, no sir.
One of my closet friends acted like her relationship was so damn perfect, she bragged so much about what he did for her. 
She recently revealed that she had been unhappy in the relationship for a couple years. 
 


Posted By: Printer_Ink
Date Posted: May 01 2014 at 8:46am
^^^^ Very common. I have learned that the people that are always bragging on their relationships are the ones most likely in trouble. The bragging is a way of convincing themselves that everything is great.

If everything is great, okay so what are you trying to prove? ... keep your mouth shut.


Posted By: naturesgift
Date Posted: May 01 2014 at 11:11am
I do think envy to some degree is normal


Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: May 01 2014 at 11:21am
^^ Yea it is normal. If you are lonely..

Single and lonely are often confused... they don't always go hand in hand...

It's very possible to feel lonely and envy other people's relationships while in a relationship/marriage yourself....


Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: May 01 2014 at 12:11pm
And we wonder why the happy marriage/relationship threads are only 2 pages. Lol


Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: May 01 2014 at 1:01pm
lol


Posted By: HowardAlumAKA
Date Posted: May 01 2014 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by sistagal sistagal wrote:

Originally posted by HowardAlumAKA HowardAlumAKA wrote:

You are not envious, you are just lonely. You don't want what your friends have, you just want your own. Look at yourself and ask yourself why are you single because its you.


Yeah I probably don't go out very often & when I do it's usually same people and same places. My attitude and mentality is just fine I'm sure! I'm pretty good at reviewing myself haha.


Sorry, didnt mean to sound harsh, I was in a rush.


When I say you I dont mean it in a negative way. Im sure its not your attitude or mentality but it is something as simple as going to the same places, seeing the same people. Do something new! Singles mixers..online dating....speed dating. You never know who you could meet so all is not hopeless.Smile


and trust me....your friends in relationships are not unicorns and rainbow happy as you think....


Posted By: TOUSHA11
Date Posted: May 01 2014 at 7:28pm
I do not understand why some of yall be acting like people can not truly be happy in a relationship. Too me many of you rationalize to make yourself feel better. Nothing wrong with if you want to be with someone but no you should not be envious . When your time comes and then what if your friend or friends are single and they are pessimistic just as you are about their relationships. Then the shoe will be on the other foot and you will think they Hating or what not. Everybody longs for companionship and nothing is wrong that just make sure you choose a companion the values and respects you. 


Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: May 01 2014 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by TOUSHA11 TOUSHA11 wrote:

I do not understand why some of yall be acting like people can not truly be happy in a relationship. Too me many of you rationalize to make yourself feel better. Nothing wrong with if you want to be with someone but no you should not be envious . When your time comes and then what if your friend or friends are single and they are pessimistic just as you are about their relationships. Then the shoe will be on the other foot and you will think they Hating or what not. Everybody longs for companionship and nothing is wrong that just make sure you choose a companion the values and respects you. 

I mean......if you know your relationship is good I dont see why you would even worry about someone elses opinion..

I sure wouldn't....
It shouldnt matter how someone feels about you and yours...

ijs...



Posted By: HowardAlumAKA
Date Posted: May 01 2014 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by TOUSHA11 TOUSHA11 wrote:

I do not understand why some of yall be acting like people can not truly be happy in a relationship. Too me many of you rationalize to make yourself feel better. Nothing wrong with if you want to be with someone but no you should not be envious . When your time comes and then what if your friend or friends are single and they are pessimistic just as you are about their relationships. Then the shoe will be on the other foot and you will think they Hating or what not. Everybody longs for companionship and nothing is wrong that just make sure you choose a companion the values and respects you. 


Hmmm, I see your point but I think what most people meant is the grass is not greener on the other side....at least thats what I meant.  In my statement notice  I said 'as you think".  Just because it works for your friends DOES NOT mean its going to work for you.

My friend and her husband seem like the most happiest couple ever. Everyone who meets them joke about their relationship and how they want a husband like him until they know the details. They are swingers and they have orgies at least twice a month. Now why would I be envious of that?



Posted By: naturesgift
Date Posted: May 02 2014 at 1:01am
swingers and orgies ! IS the lady happy or just pretending? Sounds like a game of thrones episode... LOL-

I think its very important to be in touch with our emotions-


Posted By: sistagal
Date Posted: May 03 2014 at 5:34am
Thanks guys for your comments. I do agree that it was because I was feeling a bit lonely. And it is something that I am making sure I work on so it doesn't turn me into the bitter person I'm not.

I also just read this quote "stop comparing where you are to where everyone else is. It doesn't move you further ahead, improve your situation, or help you find peace. It just feeds your shame, fuels your feelings of inadequacy, and ultimately, it keeps you stuck. The reality is that there is no correct path in life. Everyone has their own unique journeys."



Posted By: Derri
Date Posted: May 03 2014 at 6:25am
Many people don't even know what love is, let alone the self-satisfaction that comes from creating that which they truly love.

Don't sabotage your goals with negative thoughts from someone else's reality.
Learn to be an incorporator. Take the bits and pieces of inspiration from those you admire, and add your own touch to it and do the necessary work to reach your goal.

Alone doesn't have to equal lonely for everyone who is alone, and together doesn't have to mean faking happiness for those who are together, but most importantly, what do these words mean for you?

Get comfortable with your own pace, and feel no guilt for going at the pace you naturally go at because there is no race and no one prize. Happiness is available for us all. No one special couple.
Don't deny or underestimate the power of inspiration, but learn to be inspired by others without losing yourself. But first you have to know yourself before you could know if you are losing yourself, and if you are seeking yourself in someone else, maybe that indicates that you are unaware that you already have yourself, and the point of a union isn't to find yourself but to share yourself.

Just my irrelevant $0.02.




Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: May 03 2014 at 6:43am
Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

Many people don't even know what love is, let alone the self-satisfaction that comes from creating that which they truly love.

Don't sabotage your goals with negative thoughts from someone else's reality.
Learn to be an incorporator. Take the bits and pieces of inspiration from those you admire, and add your own touch to it and do the necessary work to reach your goal.

Alone doesn't have to equal lonely
for everyone who is alone, and together doesn't have to mean faking happiness for those who are together, but most importantly, what do these words mean for you?

Get comfortable with your own pace, and feel no guilt for going at the pace you naturally go at because there is no race and no one prize. Happiness is available for us all. No one special couple.
Don't deny or underestimate the power of inspiration, but learn to be inspired by others without losing yourself. But first you have to know yourself before you could know if you are losing yourself, and if you are seeking yourself in someone else, maybe that indicates that you are unaware that you already have yourself, and the point of a union isn't to find yourself but to share yourself.

Just my irrelevant $0.02.




see...

and that's all she wrote!!!!


bae!



but most importantly... life is not a race.. if you compete with others at living you will always always always fall short and that does nothing but damage yourself esteem


Posted By: naturesgift
Date Posted: May 03 2014 at 11:45am
your $0.02 is priceless



Print Page | Close Window