Print Page | Close Window

WTF Child beaten to death for mispronouncing

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=370378
Printed Date: May 25 2018 at 1:28am

Topic: WTF Child beaten to death for mispronouncing
Posted By: afrokock
Subject: WTF Child beaten to death for mispronouncing
Date Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 2:10pm

7-Year Old West African Adoptee Beaten to Death for Mispronouncing a Word in English

[TRIGGER WARNING: child torture, murder] Kevin and Elizabeth Schatz of Paradise, California were charged with second-degree murder and voluntary manslaughter respectively for the death of daughter Lydia Schatz, adopted from an orphanage in Liberia.

During a homeschool lesson, 7-year old Lydia allegedly mispronounced the word “pulled” from a children’s book as “pull-ed.” The couple claimed the mispronunciation was a “willful act of defiance” indicative of attachment disorder and commenced their “Biblical” discipline.

Lydia’s adoptive mother held her down on the floor while her adoptive father whipped the back of her body with PVC plumbing supply tube, causing massive tissue damage. The beating lasted for nine hours.

Kevin Sears, Elizabeth Schatz’s attorney, said the case was a tragedy, but emphasized that the nine hour whipping had intervals of prayer and reflection.

Police report that Lydia’s 11-year old sister Zariah, a fellow Liberian adoptee, also sustained serious injuries for spelling English words incorrectly.

Replies:
Date Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 2:14pm
further reading

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1109/02/acd.01.html" rel="nofollow - http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1109/02/acd.01.html

To train a child

http://brandx.tumblr.com/post/75069197603/big-tapp-brandx-rivaisexual-spindlebug" rel="nofollow - http://brandx.tumblr.com/post/75069197603/big-tapp-brandx-rivaisexual-spindlebug

The bibles of the North american adoption & foster care system

http://brandx.tumblr.com/post/50508812844/the-bibles-of-the-north-american-adoption-foster" rel="nofollow - http://brandx.tumblr.com/post/50508812844/the-bibles-of-the-north-american-adoption-foster

Posted By: TexturizedDiva
Date Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 2:14pm
The parents need some Biblical justice on their azzes.

Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 2:15pm
in 2014 I really need people to stop blaming the Bible for this mess..

Posted By: AwesomeAries
Date Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 2:15pm
Brothas was crazy before the bible brothas gone be crazy after

Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by AwesomeAries AwesomeAries wrote:

thank you.

Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 2:24pm
Ppl do evil sht! via their interpretation of the bible all the time. Its sick and sad that a child had to die because of it.

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 2:25pm

Date Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by AwesomeAries AwesomeAries wrote:

naww theres a certain kiond of crazy that comes when the bible is thrown into the mix

its the crazy that is grounded around a moral compass that they firmly believe in and use that as justification for their heinous actions

robotic .. devoid of independent thought. that kind of crazy is the dangerous kind because the rational empathy/sympathy switch is totally off

other kinds of crazy often show remorse

Posted By: Lonisha87
Date Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 2:30pm
Those poor souls.R.I.P. Little one

Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 2:32pm
9 hours... They beat that kid for NINE HOURS. I want them dead.

Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 2:32pm
She wasnt spanked to death. She was beaten to death. Get yo life cnn with this softened word play.

Posted By: maysay1
Date Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 2:34pm
It's sad none of this surprises me anymore.

Most parents are bad parents.

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 2:34pm
*cries*
and thank you for an accurate title (beaten to death). I was so mad when I read this story on other sites and the headline was 'child spanked to death.' That was no spanking, they brutally beat her to death.

Date Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 2:38pm
this is why i'm never for white people adopting kids in africa.

NEVER!

Posted By: Bonjour baby ooowee
Date Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

this is why i'm never for white people adopting kids in africa.

NEVER!
ClapAngry

ive not ever agreed with that logic even in america where yt people swear they have the money/ means & ways to provide the black child with the best life (especially with those celebritys) i wonder how many black children have experienced some under-handed boo stank things & just keep it in the closetOuch

Posted By: Journey94
Date Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 2:49pm
I side eye every white American adopting African kids. They are nothing but accessories. Sad.

Posted By: Katrenia
Date Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 2:52pm
That was out right murder!

Posted By: tropical-punch
Date Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 2:52pm
i hate those mothers

Posted By: naturesgift
Date Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 3:03pm
GOD! i wonder if they did these things to their own children also why they want so many kids they seemed to already have many kids!

Posted By: 305bgirl
Date Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 3:13pm
Those are some sick motherf#ckers. That was not about her mispronouncing that word; that had to do with a hatred for Blacks imo. A lot of them still wish they were back during the times of slavery, so they adopt Black children to feel some sort of power&dog them out. I doubt their cracka kids were ever beaten and if they were, it was lightweight. 

California should borrow Ol' Sparky from here just for them. 

Posted By: iliveforbhm
Date Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 3:13pm
Damn, I hate psychopaths. Fcuk email and kill me! They got off killing that girl and know they couldn't do that shyt to a black person in the street. Black people just need to take back their power regardless moor, Hebrew, jew, Khemu, or whatever decree you go by. Show me how ruling is done and take back our children. These demons should have never been in her life at all.

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 3:23pm
This is so heartbreaking. Those people are insane. Rip to that poor baby.

Posted By: nebhnebh
Date Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 3:30pm
Cry
I will be glad when someone takes CNN to tasks for their whitewashing.

Posted By: rell85
Date Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 3:55pm
They need to be beat to death.

Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

How did I know

Posted By: CLCNY20
Date Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 4:17pm
omg...

omg

Posted By: Prtybrwneye_z
Date Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 4:18pm
I know that article doesn't say "spanked" to death. how can one be spanked with PVC?

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 4:25pm
this is why super religious people frighten me...they are not living on Earth, in a reality where we have a common set of morals and laws...they think they answer to a higher power that enables everything they do.  Seems pre meditated to me...they've probably killed other children too.  I hate these type of people.

Posted By: Faithfully2002
Date Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 4:26pm
May she RIP Broken Heart

Posted By: JasmineE02
Date Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 4:27pm
Ugh, I knew when I saw the title that this was going to involve "To Train Up A Child."  I think they should have gotten more jail time. Angry

Posted By: QueenBee
Date Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 4:39pm
Those so called parents are crazy. Kids mispronounce words...that is part of learning to read and write.

Beating a child for 9 hrs....really...they need to be under the jail.

Posted By: thewonderfulwa
Date Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 4:55pm
Kevin Sears, Elizabeth Schatz’s attorney, said the case was a tragedy, but emphasized that the nine hour whipping had intervals of prayer and reflection   

So I am going to assume that only the adopted children were being abused, they should've been charged with 1st degree MURDER.

Posted By: Benni
Date Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 5:16pm
"Kevin Sears, Elizabeth Schatz’s attorney, said the case was a tragedy, but emphasized that the nine hour whipping had intervals of prayer and reflection."

This make it okay

What a moron. !

You're safe now little one. R.I.P

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 6:02pm

its not gonna stop..only gonna get worst.Ermmuntil they finally ban the bible from being used all together.Sleepy

Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 6:07pm
it doesn't help that i just watched I am a slave on netflicks. Anger was just coming from within.

Posted By: foxyroy19
Date Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 6:10pm
Crazy can show remorse?  Scratches head...exits.

Posted By: f8dagrate
Date Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 1:07am
Originally posted by foxyroy19 foxyroy19 wrote:

Crazy can show remorse?  Scratches head...exits.

Yup if you're not a theist than the reason you killed, will have you feeling guilty.

Print Page | Close Window