Print Page | Close Window

Michigan Man Gets Bullied By Celebs BC of Selfie

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=370349
Printed Date: Dec 18 2017 at 11:46am

Topic: Michigan Man Gets Bullied By Celebs BC of Selfie
Posted By: Alias_Avi
Subject: Michigan Man Gets Bullied By Celebs BC of Selfie
Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 4:47pm
*sigh*

Replies:
Posted By: EPITOME

MADISON HEIGHTS, Mich. (WJBK) -

Jahmel Binion of Madison Heights, Mich. has the rare disorder  http://bitly.com/1ijVLcR" rel="nofollow - ectodermal dysplasia , a condition characterized by a reduced ability to sweat, missing teeth and abnormal hair growth. 

He tells FOX 2's Randy Wimbley he's been getting teased his whole life, but never thought he'd be bullied by celebrities after posting a "selfie" on social media

He says people began recognizing him from a picture on Shaquille O'Neal's Instagram account. FormerUniversity of Michigan athlete Trey Burke and rapper Waka Flocka Flame are also said to have also joined in on the teasing. 

The photo on Shaq's Instagram has been taken down. 

Wimbley contacted Shaq via Twitter, officials with Burke's team, Utah Jazz, and Waka Flocka Flame's record label. No one responded. 

Binion says this has inspired him to start an anti-bullying campaign called 'Hug Don't Judge.'

Read more:  http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/25345293/mich-mans-selfie-mocked-by-celebrities-on-social-media#ixzz30DgnCJ9K" rel="nofollow - http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/25345293/mich-mans-selfie-mocked-by-celebrities-on-social-media#ixzz30DgnCJ9K

idk how to imbed: <script type='text/javascript' src='http://WJBK.images.worldnow.com/interface/js/WNVideo.js?rnd=594403;hostDomain=www.myfoxdetroit.com;playerWidth=630;playerHeight=355;isShowIcon=true;clipId=10093610;flvUri=;partnerclipid=;adTag=News;advertisingZone=;enableAds=true;landingPage=;islandingPageoverride=false;playerType=STANDARD_EMBEDDEDscript;controlsType=overlay'></script><a href="http://www.myfoxdetroit.com" title="Fox 2 News Headlines">Fox 2 News Headlines</a>

Posted By: mizzsandra00
I have nothing good to add....so I'ma stand in the corner for a bit

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 4:49pm
Shaq shouldn't be mocking anyone with his illiterate ass...do those nba players learn anything in college

Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

Shaq shouldn't be mocking anyone with his illiterate ass...do those nba players learn anything in college

Shaq has a Ph.d ma'am

Posted By: tropical-punch
Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 4:53pm
just mean

Posted By: herwoman
Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 4:54pm

Posted By: Princess Grace
Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 4:56pm
Epitome is it honorary???

Posted By: nebhnebh
Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 4:57pm
Thumbs Down Cry

Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

Nope.

Retired NBA superstar and well-known  http://bleacherreport.com/articles/720325-shaquille-oneal-the-top-10-nicknames-belonging-to-the-nbas-former-big-man" rel="nofollow - nickname enthusiast  Shaquille O’Neal has a new moniker: The Good Doctor.

Sporting a triple-extra-large red robe and a black cap, the 7′ 1″, 325-pound former center, now a basketball analyst for TNT,  received a doctorate in education from Barry University in Miami Shores, Fla., over the weekend.

During the ceremony, which was held in downtown Miami’s James L. Knight Center, O’Neal knelt so that department chair David Kopp could place the light blue doctoral hood around O’Neal’s shoulders.  The crowd erupted when O’Neal then lifted his professor into the air.

(LIST:  http://business.time.com/2012/03/23/the-10-most-memorable-ads-featuring-celebrities-and-their-kin-2/#celebs-and-their-relatives-the-10-best-ads" rel="nofollow - The 10 Most Memorable Ads Featuring Celebrities and Family Members )

O’Neal’s degree focuses on organizational learning and leadership, with a specialty on human resource development; for his thesis he studied how CEO’s and business leaders use humor as part of the work environment.

After the ceremony, Dr. O’Neal praised his parents and the university during a press conference. He credited his parents for always pushing him to excel in education before basketball. O’Neal earned his first degree from Louisiana State University in 2000, eight years after he left the school early to play in the NBA. He received an MBA online from the University of Phoenix and, according to Barry University,has spent the last four-plus years completing 54 credit hours with a 3.81 grade point average.  http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainment/2012/05/shaquille-oneal-earns-doctorate-degree/" rel="nofollow - According to ABC News , the four-time NBA champion says he now wants to go to law school.

Posted By: beautiful_hair
Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 5:00pm
His doctorate is from the University of Phoenix.....

Never mind.  I thought he got it from there.  He got his master's from UoP.

Posted By: AmiliaCabral
Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 5:01pm
thats so sad but I'm glad he didn't let it go. 

lil sister has down's syndrome and she posts a selfie on her locked IG. I started seeing these really mean memes of one of her pictures. I swear if I ever meet who started it or kept it going i'm going to prison. My lil sis wasn't hurt but it def bothers me. These are real ppl with real feelings. Cruel world.

Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 5:02pm
Omg that's horrible! I hate people!

Originally posted by AmiliaCabral AmiliaCabral wrote:

lil sister has down's syndrome and she posts a selfie on her locked IG. I started seeing these really mean memes of one of her pictures. I swear if I ever meet who started it or kept it going i'm going to prison. My lil sis wasn't hurt but it def bothers me. These are real ppl with real feelings. Cruel world.

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 5:02pm

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdFuQCwlV2Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdFuQCwlV2Q[url]

Posted By: liesnalibis
Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 5:03pm
People have no lives.

Posted By: Faithfully2002
Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 5:03pm
Unhappy

Posted By: liesnalibis
Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 5:04pm

Childish people do childish things...

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 5:05pm
good for him. I hate to see people's pix posted like that for LOLs

Posted By: creole booty
Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 5:07pm
He posted a selfie for ...nevermind. I'm going to sit too. I'mma b sitting a while.

That's messed up though.

Posted By: iliveforbhm
Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 5:09pm
Oh......that's messed up.

Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 5:09pm

i really hate people
i would be there to bond you out

Posted By: Oladunni
Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 5:11pm
Yea, it's messed up but he's keeping a positive outlook.. 

And Yes they were being childish but people get made fun of everyday.... when you post your ish online sometimes this happens.. 
( i doubt they knew his condition)

Posted By: Journey94
Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 5:11pm
That pic is scary

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

Nope.

Retired NBA superstar and well-known  http://bleacherreport.com/articles/720325-shaquille-oneal-the-top-10-nicknames-belonging-to-the-nbas-former-big-man" rel="nofollow - nickname enthusiast  Shaquille O’Neal has a new moniker: The Good Doctor.

Sporting a triple-extra-large red robe and a black cap, the 7′ 1″, 325-pound former center, now a basketball analyst for TNT,  received a doctorate in education from Barry University in Miami Shores, Fla., over the weekend.

During the ceremony, which was held in downtown Miami’s James L. Knight Center, O’Neal knelt so that department chair David Kopp could place the light blue doctoral hood around O’Neal’s shoulders.  The crowd erupted when O’Neal then lifted his professor into the air.

(LIST:  http://business.time.com/2012/03/23/the-10-most-memorable-ads-featuring-celebrities-and-their-kin-2/#celebs-and-their-relatives-the-10-best-ads" rel="nofollow - The 10 Most Memorable Ads Featuring Celebrities and Family Members )

O’Neal’s degree focuses on organizational learning and leadership, with a specialty on human resource development; for his thesis he studied how CEO’s and business leaders use humor as part of the work environment.

After the ceremony, Dr. O’Neal praised his parents and the university during a press conference. He credited his parents for always pushing him to excel in education before basketball. O’Neal earned his first degree from Louisiana State University in 2000, eight years after he left the school early to play in the NBA. He received an MBA online from the University of Phoenix and, according to Barry University,has spent the last four-plus years completing 54 credit hours with a 3.81 grade point average.  http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainment/2012/05/shaquille-oneal-earns-doctorate-degree/" rel="nofollow - According to ABC News , the four-time NBA champion says he now wants to go to law school.

LOLyeah, he was totally the one that completed his online writing assignments.

Posted By: bunzaveli
Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 5:17pm
nobody ever laughed at a meme of an ugly person in the lol/picture thread or online in the past ? didnt know there was so much compassion on bhm.

This made me cry
No one should ever have to feel like that

Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdFuQCwlV2Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdFuQCwlV2Q[url]

Posted By: herwoman
Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

nobody ever laughed at a meme of an ugly person in the lol/picture
thread or online in the past ? didnt know there was so much compassion
on bhm.

Posted By: Oladunni
Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 5:20pm
We not saying it's right we just saying It happens.. and sometimes when you only see the pic and don't know the persons story .. You laugh... 

Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 5:21pm
People will say he shouldnt be posting selfies in the first place...

but if this were some girl posting selfies that is big as hell or extremely dark this would be a whole different thread...

does that mean somebody should use their pictures as memes too? ijs

Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 5:25pm

dang.Cry
see that's the stuff I hate. I don't think people think about that that person is someone's loved one. They should care just because, but if they think of it like that , maybe they won't tweet that pix again. The person you're making fun of might be a friend/family of someone on your twit-list. The world is small.

Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 5:26pm

nobody ever laughed at a meme of an ugly person in the lol/picture thread or online in the past ? didnt know there was so much compassion on bhm.

I like the cat ones

Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 5:29pm
why can't he post selfies?
a celeb mocking you is a much different platform than a regular person. how many millions of people saw that pic that would otherwise not have? i doubt this dude had a bunch of followers

Posted By: bindy
Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 5:54pm
Cry

Posted By: indiecat
Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 6:14pm

Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 6:15pm
He should be ashamed of himself, he has too much time on his hands.

Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by indiecat indiecat wrote:

awww ur lil bunny is so cuteTongue

Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Originally posted by indiecat indiecat wrote:

awww ur lil bunny is so cuteTongue

lol, it's a bear suit, she can be a bunny though. Thanks.

Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 6:35pm
Reminds me of the TED talk posted on here with the woman who was put on the Internet as the ugliest person in the world.

Even though ive never posted or circulated those types of meme's I've been guilty at laughing at stuff like this but after hearing from the victims it really hit home how terrible it is.

Posted By: ShadyLady
Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 6:51pm

That is utterly despicable.

It's one thing to pick on a bad hairdo or tacky makeup..it's another thing all together to pick on a disorder or disease beyond someone's control.

Sad part is, with her account locked, it was probably a so-called friend who did it.

You would think with all his money, hobbies, etc, Shaq would have better things to do.

Posted By: StylingArabella
Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 9:09pm
What's so sad is even with his story, his pain covered up by a smile, and him sharing his history of bullying there are still niccah's shrugin and laughin. The plus to this is that maybe one person (I suspect far more than one) has grown and learned to not laugh at other expense.

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 9:14pm
I know I laughed when I saw his pic...I feel bad now...kind of ....

Posted By: HunnyB
Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

but if this were some girl posting selfies that is big as hell or extremely dark this would be a whole different thread...

Posted By: Bored w/Out Me?
Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 9:29pm
It hurts my feelings when people make fun of the handicapped

Posted By: Lite Brite
Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 9:37pm

I admit I definitely laugh at "inappropriate" sh*t and I make fun of people amongst friends; however, I agree with Shady.. making fun of sharpie drawn on eyebrows is different than taking someone's selfie who has a genetic disorder and turning it into a joke for 6 billion people to see.

Shaq knew how many followers he had.. why start that? you're a grown ass man. Ive always hated him anyway

I don't think celebs should be forced to be role models, but as a human being, he should have thought about how doing this would make another human being feel.

That video hurt my feelings. Dude was his fan Cry

Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 9:41pm
MD leave the fatties alone......we have suffered enough......and this thread would probably be worse.....because it more acceptable to mock fatties than dark butts and the handicap.

Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 9:56pm
Are you guys arguing that handicap people should be made fun of because darker and overweight people are too?

Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by HunnyB HunnyB wrote:

Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

why is this so big?LOL

Posted By: naturesgift
Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 10:06pm
I Don't think anyone knew he was impaired... really? people make fun of whatever they want they never know how its going to affect someone. But if you know you look kinda why do you post pics and get MAD if some one notices! I mean if you post pics for the world to see you have to be ready for whatever comes next!

Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Are you guys arguing that handicap people should be made fun of because darker and overweight people are too?

Not at all.

Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 10:19pm
So basically, how dare he upload pics of himself and not expect to be made fun of by celebrities and their fans Stern Smile

Unbelievable

Originally posted by naturesgift naturesgift wrote:

I Don't think anyone knew he was impaired... really? people make fun of whatever they want they never know how its going to affect someone. But if you know you look kinda why do you post pics and get MAD if some one notices! I mean if you post pics for the world to see you have to be ready for whatever comes next!

Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 10:34pm
People rarely consider the circumstances of the ppl they laugh at in memes or videos. Im sure anyone whos photo became a joke online would feel the same way. He isnt the first and will not be the last.

Posted By: Benni
Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 10:47pm
Having money and fame does not make a person any less insecure, or build their self esteem.

Those who bully or tease others are definitely insecure and lack self esteem. They pick on the weak to make themselves feel better.

That is shameful and sad !!!

Posted By: bunzaveli
Date Posted: May 01 2014 at 8:00am

Posted By: LilMissSunshine
Date Posted: May 01 2014 at 7:54pm

I'm glad they apologized.

Posted By: MizzAmirah
Date Posted: May 01 2014 at 9:47pm
I'm proud of all of them for apologizing. In this case, "all's well that ends well". He's got over 20K likes on his anti-bullying page. Clap
https://www.facebook.com/groups/234486460081570/" rel="nofollow - https://www.facebook.com/groups/234486460081570/

Print Page | Close Window