Print Page | Close Window

Men With Attractive Wives Report Higher Levels Of

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=370334
Printed Date: Jul 22 2018 at 12:08pm

Topic: Men With Attractive Wives Report Higher Levels Of
Posted By: iliveforbhm
Subject: Men With Attractive Wives Report Higher Levels Of
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 4:30pm
Happy wife, happy life? Not anymore -- a new study suggests it’s an attractive wife that leads to a satisfying marriage.

In the study, which was http://psycnet.apa.org/index.cfm?fa=buy.optionToBuy&id=2013-35735-001" rel="nofollow -  recently published in the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology , psychologist Andrea Meltzer tracked over 450 newlywed couples during the course of four years and posed the question: does a good-looking spouse lead to a more satisfying union?

What Meltzer and her team discovered was that spousal attractiveness does play a major role in marital satisfaction -- but only for men. In other words, men care about looks more than women do.

The authors write, "The significant effect of wives’ attractiveness on husbands’ satisfaction was significantly stronger than the nonsignificant effect of husbands’ attractiveness on wives’ satisfaction, indicating that partner physical attractiveness played a larger role in predicting husbands’ marital satisfaction than it did in predicting wives’ marital satisfaction."

Interestingly, the attractive wives also reported higher levels of satisfaction, all because having a happy hubby made them happier too.

A study conducted in 2008 at the Relationship Institute at UCLA http://today.ucla.edu/portal/ut/PRN-do-looks-really-matter-yes-and-209451.aspx" rel="nofollow -  reached a similar finding . Researchers theorized that men who felt they "lucked out" by marrying attractive wives were happier and more likely to care about their wives' needs -- and in turn, the good-looking wives were happier in the relationship as well.

“The husbands seemed to be basically more committed, more invested in pleasing their wives when they felt that they were getting a pretty good deal,” study author Benjamin Karney explained.

http://today.ucla.edu/portal/ut/PRN-do-looks-really-matter-yes-and-209451.aspx" rel="nofollow - Karney said the opposite occurred  when the husbands felt they were better looking than their wives, explaining, "They didn’t seem to be quite as motivated to help out their wives when they were more attractive than their wives."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/19/marriage-study_n_4299002.html

Talk about it BHM

Replies:
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 4:44pm
Who are the three women that one star this thread? Are those jimmies rustled, I'm pretty sure, but...

Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 4:47pm
so men care about attractiveness in their spouse but women dont?

lies

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

so men care about attractiveness in their spouse but women dont?

lies

I don't think that's a lie per se.

Now the men w/unattractive wives---did these men settle? Do men settle?  

This study reminds me of that Trophy song by Future ft. Kanye West which I had the misfortune to hear for 30 seconds today.

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 4:58pm
^^you made me google the lyricsDead

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 5:04pm
I just read those lyrics smfh! Now, aren't those some chauvinistic lyrics to say to the woman who birth your child. 

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 5:17pm
i meannn...iono lol....
this sounds like a personal problem really....

why are guys out here settling for wives they feel are unattractive in the first place?...it must be the best they can do...

biological clock ticking/running out or wha? why settle? 

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 5:44pm

i meannn...iono lol....
this sounds like a personal problem really....

why are guys out here settling for wives they feel are unattractive in the first place?...it must be the best they can do...

biological clock ticking/running out or wha? why settle? 

It's the best they can get that would either put up with them or actually like them. Usual causes why men settle.

Posted By: foxyroy19
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 5:48pm
I think this applies to women who think they don't have to keep up their looks after a certain period in the marriage or after their first child or second child...  Not rocket science.

Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 5:52pm
Both ppl should work to stay attractive in their SO eyes and their own. However, both sides sometimes get comfortable/lazy in various ways that change how they see one another.

Today bhm has taught me that a happy marriage consists of an avg size peen and decent looking wife. Who knew.

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 6:07pm
Lmao, it's not set in stone Gkisses. 

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by foxyroy19 foxyroy19 wrote:

I think this applies to women who think they don't have to keep up their looks after a certain period in the marriage or after their first child or second child...  Not rocket science.

see I edited my post cause I posted this at first... but the OP says newlyweds though..

so I'm guessing they haven't even gotten to that stage yet....

Posted By: ThatGurlD
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 9:40pm
That song was horrible indeed LOL  I think most men want to be able to puff their chest out with their woman.  Just like a lot of women dream of being taken care of.  I saw a documentary on netflix about sex appeal and it was very interesting.  People tended to choose people they felt were 'on their level' regardless of whether they thought they were the most attractive person in the room.  The 3s chose 3s and the 10s chose 10s.  It was interesting indeed.

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 10:00pm
People are intimidated of people who they think looks better than them. 

Posted By: nala52808
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by iliveforbhm iliveforbhm wrote:

People are intimidated of people who they think looks better than them. 

not I. I know I aint a 10 but I be walkin up to dudes on like level 21 and lettin them know that my body is readyLOL

Posted By: NJHairLuv
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 10:11pm
thats right. give the pretty ladies the love that they deserveApprove

Posted By: trudawg
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 10:13pm
Men like anyone else enjoy having someone aesthetically pleasing to wake up toLOL

Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 1:41am

see I edited my post cause I posted this at first... but the OP says newlyweds though..

NEWLYWEDS TRACKED OVER THE COURSE OF 4Years...After the first year the newlywed phase goes POOF for most.Smile

Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 11:59am

Wait, is this a real before and after pic?

Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 4:34pm
i mean...if im gathering info on what makes married people happy..i aint going to no married couple of four years

they might not be newlyweds...but thats not long enough to determine anything...IMO

NEWLYWEDS TRACKED OVER THE COURSE OF 4Years...After the first year the newlywed phase goes POOF for most.Smile

Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 4:38pm
i would be getting my pen and paper ready for the married 20, 30 and 40 years and still happy folks...not 4 years....

im just sayin...

time is the greatest test of all...

Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 5:12pm
IA Model...but just imagine the man point of view he is  married to  what he feels is an attractive woman.  A year or two down the road a baby.  Two years down road still blaming the weight gain on the baby...or feel that she doesn't have to dress up because she is a mother....
example.

Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 5:15pm
I guess you have to love her for other gifts

Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 5:25pm
If you can get over the very superficial stuff you can usually make it to the 20yr+ mark but it is an uphill climb.

Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 5:26pm
That's some hard work.

Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 5:35pm
It is hard work especially all the temptation on the job, at the gym, and in the church...boy oh boy.  When a man walks through the door a woman sees a provider....when a man comes in the home he sees what he is providing for....a beauty or a BEAST.  Example.

I know there are women who provide and the same situation applies.  I know there are households that the situation is equal but it still applies based on who made it home first and the person who arrives last.LOL

Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 5:37pm

in other words this thread is hereby invalid....

Posted By: femmefatale85
Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 6:01pm
wasting money to study sh*t people already know...

Posted By: Ds2nice
Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by ThatGurlD ThatGurlD wrote:

That song was horrible indeed LOL  I think most men want to be able to puff their chest out with their woman.  Just like a lot of women dream of being taken care of.  I saw a documentary on netflix about sex appeal and it was very interesting.  People tended to choose people they felt were 'on their level' regardless of whether they thought they were the most attractive person in the room.  The 3s chose 3s and the 10s chose 10s.  It was interesting indeed.

I don't agree. You see a lot of attractive women with ok/average looking men than I see attractive women with equally attractive men.

Date Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 8:44am

It is hard work especially all the temptation on the job, at the gym, and in the church...boy oh boy.  When a man walks through the door a woman sees a provider....when a man comes in the home he sees what he is providing for....a beauty or a BEAST.  Example.

I know there are women who provide and the same situation applies.  I know there are households that the situation is equal but it still applies based on who made it home first and the person who arrives last.LOL

You talking righ! I agree.

Date Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 8:57am

You talking righ! I agree.

You need to STFU, boi!!!LOL U stay trollin every gotdamn thread

Date Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 9:01am
I'm not trolling Nala baby.

Date Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 9:53am

Stern Smile Oh, so you was really serious about gettin you a lightskint video chick wit crotch length hair, a diaper booty, and baby waves? Ok. I understand how you feel. But i really thought we had a connection...Cry

Date Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 10:14am
Originally posted by nala52808 nala52808 wrote:

Stern Smile Oh, so you was really serious about gettin you a lightskint video chick wit crotch length hair, a diaper booty, and baby waves? Ok. I understand how you feel. But i really thought we had a connection...Cry

Oh that was trolling. I don't care about light skin or dark skin when choosing a wife. Yall are all black to me *shrug* and beautiful.   

Print Page | Close Window