Print Page | Close Window

First Dates...

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=370329
Printed Date: Sep 24 2017 at 10:24pm

Topic: First Dates...
Posted By: Princess Grace
Subject: First Dates...
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 3:09pm
What do you guys think is a good first date?

Guys do you put a spending cap on first dates? If so why?

Replies:
Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 3:11pm
Dinner.....Im a fatty tho so I'm bias......LOL....the way to my heart is thru my stomach......both ways

Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 3:12pm

nah i was about to post food too..

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 3:15pm
a walk (park, beach, college track)

oh...

Posted By: Meme0887
I guess dinner..I like to eat

I'm good with anything fun tho

Posted By: DiorShowGirl
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Dinner.....Im a fatty tho so I'm bias......LOL....the way to my heart is thru my stomach......both ways

if that is u in ur avi,,,,gurl u look absolutely good...hating here...don't see no fat from what the pic is showing..

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 3:18pm
LOL everyones just talkin food.

Posted By: nekamarie83
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 3:19pm
Something engaging. So automatically, no movies.

Dinner and something to do. Gallery visit, bowling, painting with a twist (it's an painting class with drinking), walks in the park, hiking, museums…

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by DiorShowGirl DiorShowGirl wrote:

if that is u in ur avi,,,,gurl u look absolutely good...hating here...don't see no fat from what the pic is showing..

EmbarrassedLOL

Im chubby.....Im finna wake Mr00 up cause I want some italian or Thai.....or steak.....im hungry.....

Posted By: Marcelo22
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 3:21pm
Somewhere for drinks, I like being outside if the weather is nice. Try to keep it under $50. I only go out with classy ladies so they dont order a gang of sh*t anyways.

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 3:21pm
cap on a first date?

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 3:25pm
heres how i look at it now,

1. if we are going out to eat, i probably want to really eat anyway and i was gonna spend that money anyway

2. if its an activity like a show etc etc etc, i really wanted to that anyway. it just so happens that i would like some company and wouldnt mind yours

so im doing what i want to do and spending money i already knew i was spending..you're just a tagalong for the entertainment factor and getting to know you

two birds with one stone, no pun

Posted By: IslandSuga
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 3:28pm
Something fun so no movies. Go-cart racing, amusement park, something out of the ordinary and food afterwards of course lol

Posted By: sexyandfamous
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 3:37pm
Dinner or lunch sounds good, because I love to eat. An Italian restaurant or place that has Italian food would be good because it usually it isn't expensive and it is always a good option.
Maybe a funny movie too, so we could discuss that and laugh about it - the problem would be if the movie wasn't actually funnyConfused

Posted By: iliveforbhm
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 3:42pm
Any restaurant with seafood and Italian and I like quiet places so a walk in the park talking to her. Maybe also hit up a nice cafe after the walk. I probably talk to her for a while and so I'll think maybe 200 at most.

Posted By: Samoneisthebest
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 3:53pm
I like mid-afternoon dates.

Lunch or beach/art/crawfish/gumbo/chili cookoff/shrimp/strawberry festival (we have a million festivals)

Posted By: fckwitmeuknoigotit
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 3:54pm
somewhere cheap and i try not to go over $50.

you can never go wrong with getting gelato or ice cream, tbh.

Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 4:03pm
Museum, paintball,street fair, zoo,movie in the park,Amusement park,4 wheeling,Gun range,food tasting,wine tasting, sporting event, local foodee spots,arcade,fishing,mini roadtrip, bowling, boating,lasertag,etc

Ive done these on dates and none were really pricey, but im not anti-groupons/coupons on dates.

Posted By: Samoneisthebest
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

Museum, paintball,street fair, zoo,movie in the park,Amusement park,4 wheeling,Gun range,food tasting,wine tasting, sporting event, local foodee spots,arcade,fishing,mini roadtrip, bowling, boating,lasertag,etc

Ive done these on dates and none were really pricey, but im not anti-groupons/coupons on dates.

Shocked

I wish I'd been on that many dates before.

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 4:12pm
do people like to talk on 1st dates?

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 4:14pm
Also gamer,comic and gadget conventions. But those are only fun if your into it. I did the home dinner as a first date before as well but BHM dun like that. .lol

Posted By: ppp38
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 4:19pm
Definitely not lunch or dinner. Something creative- putt putt, laser tag, paint ball, fishing, etc... Going out to eat on a first date lacks imagination and generally is boring. 

Posted By: Bonjour baby ooowee
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 4:28pm
hi yall ive inadvertently become a dating geniusLOL welp it all started when i moved to arizona 4yrs ago into my "poppin fresh start"LOL id NOT been dating as id been a supermomStarall my life HOWEVER ive been given my angel wings to be a new meBig smile sooo you gotta date/ find a good mate/ sooo that's what ive been doing from time to timeLOL ok yall lets get into the deets on how to get thangs poppin right so you're comfy & happyWink:

depending on how you met will determine alot like if you met at a function/ at church/ online/ at the store/ just being out n about n he stops you/ sooo let's start with online which is primarily how ive met & meet guys ( think like christie love the 70's black detective) meet in a public place IN the daytime (when meeting a online acquaintance for the 1st time i only meet before 5pm at the latest)Wink this works on your behalf my FAVORITE place to meet is @ the mall / it's open public / we usually walk & talk while getting to know each other / take in a movie if you like/ eat @ the food court/ well the mall across the street from me is LOADED with things & restaraunts even a walk around aquarium so try that way "remember youre a lady & deserve the FINEST of everything" ok ask me what you want to know nextLOL

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 4:29pm
Yess putt putt..,bating cage and gocarts or a golf range..usually those are all in one location up here..

And yes i like to talk on dates. Sitting over a meal or drinks puts to much pressure on creating convo. I like to be comfortable on a date.

Posted By: JungleDrum
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 4:31pm
Something very simple like going for a cup of coffee or for drinks. That way, if the guy is boooring, creepy or both, you can easily plan an escape. Stern Smile

If the first date went well, then you can go for a dinner & movie for the second date.

Posted By: HeyBeautiful18
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 4:32pm
Something out of the ordinary would be my ideal date.

Dinner is nice but can be kinda boring

Something active kinda brings you out of your shell easier and the comfort level comes quicker. Things like go cart racing, laser tag, etc

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

of course. communication is a must. you don't like to talk?

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 4:38pm

this is why you choose some activity wher interaction might be kept to a minimum

its also the 'gauge date' where you are gauging if you really wanna see this person again based on a number of factors

Posted By: maysay1
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 4:39pm
My local NPR station hosts free events that are always interesting and fun so I like inviting people to those. It's a good way to have something to talk about, be interactive, and judge their intelligence and whether you have things in common.

(I don't date though so it's a way for me to start friendships with men and women.)

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

paintball
i gotta do this for my bday this year.Smile

Posted By: *Belle*Femme*
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by fckwitmeuknoigotit fckwitmeuknoigotit wrote:

where you taking me for our first date?

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by *Belle*Femme* *Belle*Femme* wrote:

where you taking me for our first date?

i got a nice picnic planned for us at hermann park..

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 4:50pm
i haven't tried paintball or miniature golfing yet but im gonnaLOL its good to be able to communicate with people in general which leads to easier communications when you meet a new date, don't be graphic or too detailed about your personal life stay in general/ keep it light Wink while having fun getting to know each otherLOL

sidenote: it used to be a horror / anxiety / all kinds of stuff runnin through my head when i 1st started dating but now its like meeting a new friend or not gonna be a friend but @ least you triedLOL

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 4:56pm
Didn't know you ladies were into fun stuff.

Posted By: ShadyLady
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 5:10pm
I like dinner and something fun like bowling, even tho I suck at it.

I absolutely hate the movies as a first date.

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 5:22pm

yeah but some of these dates won't have much time for talking . I like a talking date first.  You can't really talk  during paint ball or sky diving LOL

but I guess you do your talking on the phone beforehand??

Posted By: herwoman
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 5:32pm
I think setting a budget is wise for men who date frequently. I like going to electronic stores and Discovery Place, it's hot so a water park would be fun or surprising me with a game of kick ball, softball or flag football and if that goes well meet at a bar later.

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 5:38pm
When i did the paintball date we talked a lot prior and on the way there. I ask a lot of questions proir to a date so at times u can run out of things to talk about on the actual date.

We were on the same team(it was vs other couples) so there was some talk during but moreso strategies. Afterwards it springboard other conversations that werent so generic in topic.

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 5:41pm
We paintball alot in the fall. He bought equipment we got real serious with it.

We golf alot now in Myrtle Beach.
That would be a fun first date.

Not mini golf but golfing.
At least practice driving. Golfing can be super tiring.

My ideal first date is outside stuff

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by ShadyLady ShadyLady wrote:

I like dinner and something fun like bowling, even tho I suck at it.LOL

I absolutely hate the movies as a first date.

see but that's fine because you're being yourself/ most likely he'll show you some techniquesSmile which opens different forms of communications / i did tiara headband shopping/dinner /skeetball gameworks fun/ followed by movie now that was cool on another date out for pizza 1st then movie then walk in the park that was cool tooEmbarrassed

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

this is why you choose some activity wher interaction might be kept to a minimum

its also the 'gauge date' where you are gauging if you really wanna see this person again based on a number of factors

precisely why I want a talking date firstLOL. I don't want to have fun with the person only to find out on date 3 that he doesn't like Lenny K LOL. By then my judgment is clouded  LOL

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 6:47pm
Split a bill on the first date Confused

I don't mind a museum date but if you doing it because they having free admission my side eye will be activated and when we go for drinks after I will be ordering premium alcohol, and never calling your Grinch ass again. 

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 6:48pm
Food....good food and drinks lol

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 6:50pm
If we exchange numbers I would assume that we will talk before out date plans if we aren't clicking over the phone no need for me to wear my heels and be bored to death with dinner. 

I'm not going to Applebees, Chilis, Olive garden, Red Lobster or anything like it though. I would appreciate a nice out of the way place on Yelp with great reviews before I'm picking my 4 food choices off the 2/$20 menu. 

Posted By: Ming
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 7:02pm

I don't go no damn where unless food is offered lol

Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 7:05pm
I don't like to go to restaurants on a date

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 7:15pm
im versatile/ depends on how i feel about our initial meeting right then n there IF i wanna take it further to lunch/dinner/ i feel em out & i DON'T drink on my dates until maybe we've done 3 dates solid (see what he's about / where he's coming from)Wink you gotta be on your toes without looking/acting or seeming like itLOL im peepin him out/checkin out the sceneLOL  

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 7:26pm
My boo paid full price for our movie tickets the first day because he didn't want to seem cheap. I told him that I would have been perfectly fine with the groupon discount(everyone uses these) lol. He ended up spending over 100(I snuck a peak at the bill) between food and drinks at Studio Movie Grill. We went to a hookah lounge and chatted after. I paid for the second date, he said he had never had a female do that before. He's paid for every date after.

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 7:31pm
Damn over a 100 at studio movie grill...what on earth did u buy?

We usually spend about 40 something

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 7:32pm
@meme girl that's usually what I spend when I take the little ones but we had like 4 Texas margaritas which are like 10 each, plus dinner and the tickets.

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by AshBash89 AshBash89 wrote:

My boo paid full price for our movie tickets the first day because he didn't want to seem cheap. I told him that I would have been perfectly fine with the groupon discount(everyone uses these) lol. He ended up spending over 100(I snuck a peak at the bill) between food and drinks at Studio Movie Grill. We went to a hookah lounge and chatted after. I paid for the second date, he said he had never had a female do that before. He's paid for every date after.
Wink

this about rightStarive never had a guy to even suggest or act like he wants me to pay PLUS i be sooo Fresh n Fly it never enters their mindsLOL

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 7:49pm
I cant think of nothing good from the Dutch and especially not no dateCry

Posted By: missdeeluxe
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 7:55pm
Anything involving food LOL

My SO's and my first date consisted of going to a local brewery for burgers and drinks, then walking around the city.
Simple but worked out well.

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 8:00pm
[QUOTE=Princess Grace]
I cant think of nothing good from the Dutch and especially not no dateCry

exactly

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 8:01pm

@meme girl that's usually what I spend when I take the little ones but we had like 4 Texas margaritas which are like 10 each, plus dinner and the tickets.

Ohhh okay..

Yeah those drinks are expensive

Posted By: Junior Jr
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 8:02pm
glad i'm not old. chicks my age are into paying or going dutch

thank you, new age black feminists :blessed:

jr.

Posted By: Lite Brite
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 8:02pm

ugh yeah their drinks are weak as hell

Eat and drink first +  $5 groupon FTW

Oh but for first dates... I dont want to talk, I dont want to eat, I probably don't want to be there period. I hate them .

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by Junior Jr Junior Jr wrote:

glad i'm not old. chicks my age are into paying or going dutch

thank you, new age black feminists :blessed:

jr.

Lol

Posted By: AmiliaCabral
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 8:09pm
something like a boxing match or a basketball game, then dinner so we can talk. My best first dates have usually been sports related

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 8:15pm
Young backwards girls.... Cry I guess Im not as progressive in my thinking, I  like the man to be the man , hold the door and no questions about who is paying the check.

If paying for my steak is such a financial hardship you didnt have any business entering the dating pool in the first place. Its other things you should be focusing on , Im going to have my steak regardless. 

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 8:16pm
If scoring free dinner is a win for her, you was alreading losing cause you with a straight bird...

Posted By: nala52808
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 8:19pm
Im a nature b!tch and think the perfect first date would be to go fishing, walking in the park or hiking, just to see how he fares in the wild. Cuz if he afraid of bees and hornets and sh!t it cant workThumbs Down

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 8:23pm
Everything isn't for everyone. I grew up with my dad and I know have a different outlook on dating than a lot of women. I don't judge y'all for having a different line of thinking than I have. If a man goes all out of for me, I don't mind doing the same for him. Will it be all of the time? Certainly not, but me paying for a date here and there is just one way that I show appreciation.

hiking's fun. so is bike riding thru the city. not too many sisters into that, though...

jr.

Ive spent money on dates. Its never been that serious. I do believe if you ask a person out, you should foot the bill. That said, my enjoyment on the date isnt swayed by the cost. If its fun its fun... more often than not guys appreciated the offer....some refused to let me pay for things other times i did it anyway.

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 8:24pm
Nala what man in your avi with the crop top on???

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 8:26pm
I will pay for a date but the first date nope.... 

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by nala52808 nala52808 wrote:

Im a nature b!tch and think the perfect first date would be to go fishing, walking in the park or hiking, just to see how he fares in the wild. Cuz if he afraid of bees and hornets and sh!t it cant workThumbs Down

Thumbs Up

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 8:29pm
I haven't been on a first date in so long that I wouldn't know how to act...i'd probably break every "rule"...he doesn't have to feed me because i won't want dinner to spoil the fckin that's going down at the end of the date.  no point in denying my horniness.  it's going down.

lol did i even describe a "date"?  oh well, it's gonna be my date.

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

That's Kid Cudi gettin his ghey on

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by Junior Jr Junior Jr wrote:

hiking's fun. so is bike riding thru the city. not too many sisters into that, though...

jr.

I wouldn't mind a bike ride first date. I've probably done that before.

I think I've done a fishing 1st date before .  it's been a while LOL

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 8:32pm
following rules will leave you lonely

jr.

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 8:32pm

Thumbs Up

Posted By: Ming
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

I haven't been on a first date in so long that I wouldn't know how to act...i'd probably break every "rule"...he doesn't have to feed me because i won't want dinner to spoil the fckin that's going down at the end of the date.  no point in denying my horniness.  it's going down.

Eat after.. You gon be hungry

Hopefully lol

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 8:36pm
Nala, I'm picturing me on date 3 at the beach/park and I realize this fool scared of lizards! I've wasted 2 dates of my life lol.

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 8:37pm
I would rather be alone then if it has come to some guy asking me out then wanting to split a bill....

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 8:40pm

LOL That's early 90s...not gay. Unless he is.

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

Ive gone a few dates with that mindset only to have them say/do something to fucc it all up... end up going home mad as hell.. calling to see if the pinch hitter can come thru...some men are professionals at talking their way out of some nookie

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 8:47pm
If I ever split the bill with a guy then it's not a date. We're just friends lol

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 8:50pm
The only time that I have ever split a bill on a date was when I went out with a female. It felt so weird to me and I decided that I wasn't about that bi life.

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 8:51pm

Nala, I'm picturing me on date 3 at the beach/park and I realize this fool scared of lizards! I've wasted 2 dates of my life lol.
If that negro too scurred to crip walk on a lizard/amphibian in order to protect his LADY, than he is not WORTHY!!!Thumbs DownStern Smile

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by Meme0887 Meme0887 wrote:

Am I gay? Cuz ur avi is making me feel some type of wayEmbarrassed..... *puckers lips and leans in for a kiss*

Posted By: ppp38
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 8:59pm
I won't pay for the first date but I have definitely paid on dates before and have no problem with it. I love to do that Usher- Trading Places thing. 

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 9:03pm
my dating life has become FuN & Interesting / the pay situation is different strokes for different folks ive never paid & ain't payin for no 1st 2nd or 3rd date cause i said soLOL plus after we make it to the 3rd date im cookin a BOMB azz home cooked meal anyway ummm hmmm cause he DEFINITELY deserves it ahhhStar

Posted By: ThatGurlD
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 9:06pm
Hubby took me to see Mike Epps for our first date.  Comedy is great because you can get an idea of the person's sense of humor.  But I was kind of bummed we couldn't talk more because I wanted to get to know him better.  Anything where you can converse and laugh at yourselves.  I always have the most fun golfing.  Of all of our dates, something about golf.  We just have a great time.

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 9:10pm

Am I gay? Cuz ur avi is making me feel some type of wayEmbarrassed..... *puckers lips and leans in for a kiss*

Lol probably not, but thank u Embarrassed

Pass on the kiss..I need to see that face first Stern Smile

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 9:12pm
I look like rihanna except darker skint and more exxoticalStern Smile no lie......

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 9:19pm
LOL I need proof

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 9:27pm
here's a pic of my teeth

and my eye

I dont want to show you evrything meme because it might be too much sexy for you to handle boo

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 9:31pm
LOL If u say so 

Well u have nice teeth and a pretty eye

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 9:34pm

LOL If u say so 

Well u have nice teeth and a pretty eye

Thank you but does that mean we fuccin tho?

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 9:40pm
lmao how u go from kissing to f*ckin

Naw girl..I need more than that

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 9:41pm
Heeeey I wanna see Nala!!!!

What is a young thugette like yaself looking like?

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 9:44pm
Fine. Fucc you, Meme!!!!Angry
@mizzsandra- you aint seein nothin till i get some noodz and porens in my inbox

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 9:49pm
Smile well I thought it was fair..oh well

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 10:05pm
I see Nala and she is very cute and sweet looking, but she got that eye you better not cross her though.

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 10:13pm

Heeeey I wanna see Nala!!!!

What is a young thugette like yaself looking like?

Posted By: nekamarie83
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 10:16pm
^^^^^^ *deep breath*

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 10:19pm
LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLCryCryCryCryDead

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 10:20pm
take my mooooney...my house and my carrrrr

Print Page | Close Window