Print Page | Close Window

What yall think of this young cat August Alsina?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=370325
Printed Date: Nov 15 2018 at 5:11pm

Topic: What yall think of this young cat August Alsina?
Posted By: Alias_Avi
Subject: What yall think of this young cat August Alsina?
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 12:39pm
If T.I and Malcolm X had a baby Geek

His music ain't too shabby

Replies:
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 12:41pm
First time I heard about him was from Dr. Boyce Watkins commentary on his 106&Park outburst

Honestly I was prepared to ham over the kid but after watching the video, Dr. Boyce was clearly exaggerating a bit Confused

Sure he was rude but I thought he had cussed that girl out by the way the Doc put it.

But after listening to his interviews and listening to his music... I definitely think he's a bit sexist but I also can't help it to find it sorta refreshing to see a young Black male actually love where he comes from and women who reflect it.

Posted By: msjaim2
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 12:45pm
Hes a handsome young cat and sings ok..young girls love him. I cant hate and dont blame him for snapping on that chick..he really didnt cuss her out.

Posted By: Journey94
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 12:56pm
He'll be gone in a year or 2. He clearly has an issue with women, wonder if he's gay.

Posted By: Meme0887
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 12:59pm
I've only heard that one song by him..don't know anything else about him

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 12:59pm
I like his singles. He seems catty and I heard he was on the low.

Posted By: nemesis1
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 1:40pm
Keisha Chante knew he didn't want to talk about it before the show but she decided to bring it up anyway. Maybe he himself felt like she didn't respect his wishes. I can't say I totally blame him for reacting that way, but then again you should know how to conduct yourself better than that on tv, especially with kids around. The curse word wasn't directed at her, but at the issue and him not wanting to discuss it. They're both in the wrong and yeah, Dr. Watkins exaggerated the whole thing and he only blames him but she's at fault too.

Posted By: iliveforbhm
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 1:43pm
I don't even know who he is but he checked that chick like a man is suppose to.

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 1:46pm
The girl was only doing her job. You think she really cares about his issue with Trey? lol He could have said no comment but the bitchassness in him came out. He made it bigger than what it was. And I didn't like the way he stepped in front of her to block her from the camera. So disrespectful. He wouldn't have done a guy like that smh

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 1:50pm
It wasn't that bad bbpants, he told her not to but she stepped up to him with that question.

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 1:54pm
He was acting like a little bitch

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

He was acting betrayed bb. Betrayed.

Posted By: Princess Grace
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 2:04pm
Plenty of people approve questions and discuss what they will and will not discuss prior so if they agreed and then flipped the script when the camera came on , oh well.

All he said was shyt , shrugs shoulders......

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by iliveforbhm iliveforbhm wrote:

He was acting betrayed bb. Betrayed.

f*ck his inner feelings lol

Posted By: bunzaveli
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

First time I heard about him was from Dr. Boyce Watkins commentary on his 106&Park outburst

Honestly I was prepared to ham over the kid but after watching the video, Dr. Boyce was clearly exaggerating a bit Confused

Sure he was rude but I thought he had cussed that girl out by the way the Doc put it.

i was gonna make a thread about some of the new r&b songs ive heard recently by chris brown (these hoes aint loyal), and some other guy (rico love - bitches be like) straight sh*tting on women.

thought that was a weird angle for some r&b dudes to take

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 2:32pm
Most of the new r & B songs feature some rapper , Im thinking they hoping a lil wayne fan will just buy the song because he is on it and not just marketing them for women per se anymore. 

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 2:44pm
He looks like Bump J.......heard he was DL......

Posted By: bunzaveli
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 2:58pm

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 2:58pm
I bought Loyal off itunes, some phuckery to listen to while cleaning up the house. Shrugs shoulders....

Posted By: Marcelo22
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 3:05pm
yeah the R&B scene is like Rap 2.0, its been like this for minute...i dont really like that kind of R&B altho that Chris Brown Loyal track is cool

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 3:05pm
mom issues

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 3:17pm

The girl was only doing her job. You think she really cares about his issue with Trey? lol He could have said no comment but the bitchassness in him came out. He made it bigger than what it was. And I didn't like the way he stepped in front of her to block her from the camera. So disrespectful. He wouldn't have done a guy like that smh
he didnt check the crew at power105.1 too on that

he picked on her cos she's a woman

Posted By: mzsophisticated
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 3:39pm
I just started listening to some of his stuff...he is alright but some of the songs start to sound the same....he is a cutie though

Posted By: thewonderfulwa
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 3:56pm
Its not that serious I heard worst expressed to a host

Posted By: fckwitmeuknoigotit
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 4:01pm
that 106 n park interview was the last stop on a day full of press and promotion and he was tired of being asked about trey songz at every stop. that's why he went off cuz he asked them beforehand not to bring that up. unfortunately for the host, she was set up by the producers and hung out to dry.

anyways, his album is surprisingly good and i fux with it. he actually has some meaningful lyrics.

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 5:06pm

Yep.LOL

Welp these 15 min of fame will be something nice for him to look back on.

Posted By: herwoman
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 5:14pm

I saw it live and I called him every version of bitch I could think of. Just say no comment you stupid prick ass, bitch ass, dicc in the booty ass lil boy! If you want this lifestyle you need to learn how to handle questions that you don't feel comfortable with. Bitchass...

Posted By: ShadyLady
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 5:17pm
A bunch of the songs on his album sound alike, but I like "Kissing On My Tattoos".

He was the main one running his mouth about Trey Songz, but now he wants to get all up in arms about it...child boo. Maybe someone finally told him all that gossiping and petty talk wasn't a good look.

I used to looooveeee this song by Keshia Chante...she looks diff.

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by herwoman herwoman wrote:

I saw it live and I called him every version of bitch I could think of. Just say no comment you stupid prick ass, bitch ass, dicc in the booty ass lil boy! If you want this lifestyle you need to learn how to handle questions that you don't feel comfortable with. Bitchass...
oooh tell em

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 5:25pm
@Afro...I got a lil residual hate left over from the Clippers losing, when they could have just stayed home.

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 5:30pm
how bad was the loss?

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

how bad was the loss?
118 97

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 5:35pm
97-118

I need that gif for Fridays.

Posted By: nala52808
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 6:21pm
August Alsina is sexy as all hell, and I mean that from the bottom of my heartHeart. But homeboy does not have the complete package to be a big star. His voice just isn't versatile and all his songs do sound the same. 
Chris Brown on the other hand, though I'm not too fond of him as a person, has always had that star quality along with good looks. His voice is unique and cannot be put in the same category as alot of those other male singers like Trey Songs, R.Kelly, etc. Plus he puts (or his producers put) a different feel into each song in his album so that it is enjoyable. August Alsina's music however was soooo fuccing boring. All his songs were so similar, I couldn't take it. He might as well not have added titles to the songs. He should've just labeled them as  "I love It" part 1, part 2, part 3, etc.

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 6:23pm
I really want August Alsina to impregnate me though. We'd have cute, tall children with sexy lips

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 6:36pm
wait,  i just found out that he's 5'10. we'd be the same height. I'm not so sure how I feel about that cuz my menz have to be taller than me , but we'll have to make it  work.

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 7:08pm
Nala, August is gay lol. I think it was catty of him to bring up his issues with Trey and then get mad at people questioning him about his own words.

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by AshBash89 AshBash89 wrote:

Nala, August is gay lol. I think it was catty of him to bring up his issues with Trey and then get mad at people questioning him about his own words.

Posted By: Lite Brite
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 7:51pm
That was too funny watching Bunz avi dance while I listened to that song

Anyway though.. I dont think what he did was all that bad. Buttt it was a dumb move, and made him look emotional as f*ck. I dont even know what they're talking about, but whatever the situation is.. it's hurting his soul LOL

The girls face for the remainder of the video was priceless

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 7:52pm
He made that I love it song??? I hate that song 

Posted By: missdeeluxe
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 8:06pm
His so called beef with Trey has seemed to take precedence over his music lately
Confused

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 8:09pm
i feel like the Trey version of the song got more play than his and then it got to a point where i couldn't tell either apart until i heard the yodel...it's time for a follow up single. 

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by missdeeluxe missdeeluxe wrote:

His so called beef with Trey has seemed to take precedence over his music lately
Confused

Hey, he gots to stay revelant somehowCry. His 15 nanoseconds is almost over

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by nala52808 nala52808 wrote:

Originally posted by missdeeluxe missdeeluxe wrote:

Confused

Hey, he gots to stay revelant somehowCry. His 15 nanoseconds is almost over
Next comes Love & Hip-Hop LOL

Posted By: K_Camille
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 8:22pm
He'll be irrelevant soon.  I didn't like the video to that song though I like the actual song.  Trey's version sucked.  I'm not sure why it got more airplay.  Anybody gonna elaborate on why they beefing tho?

Posted By: _ConcreteRose_
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by Journey94 Journey94 wrote:

He'll be gone in a year or 2. He clearly has an issue with women, wonder if he's gay.
This was my first thought when I saw an interview with him.

unrelated note:
I thought he was a girl for the longest (on the "I love this" song)

Posted By: whitrhymes
Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 7:22am
First I've seen him, but his voice/song is super annoying.

I wish there were real r&b singers that actually sang.  Chris Brown makes bs songs with rappers and dance songs constantly. Trey Songz latest single was such a disappointment.

Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 7:50am
Donnell Rawlings acted hella sus over August

Wanted to take him to cinema and everything

Posted By: niecy
Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 10:44am
I like his music. I've watched a few of his interviews on youtube though and he seems a bit cocky for someone who's only been out for a hot 5 minutes. He better hope he lasts long.

Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 11:02am
Originally posted by K_Camille K_Camille wrote:

Anybody gonna elaborate on why they beefing tho?

Supposedly it's over Trey's ego.
http://theboombox.com/august-alsina-beef-trey-songz/" rel="nofollow - http://theboombox.com/august-alsina-beef-trey-songz/

Posted By: whosbotheringme
Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 12:27pm

wait,  i just found out that he's 5'10. we'd be the same height. I'm not so sure how I feel about that cuz my menz have to be taller than me , but we'll have to make it  work.

Confused I honestly don't know who this dude is, but if the bold is true those 106 and Park hosts are on munchkin status.  The hell?

Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 12:39pm
Well I thought this was sexy *shrugs*

It's so sexy when men can dance

Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by whosbotheringme whosbotheringme wrote:

Confused I honestly don't know who this dude is, but if the bold is true those 106 and Park hosts are on munchkin status.  The hell?

I mean, dat's wat I heard but i dont really know. I found a picture of him standin next chris brown so it might be a lie or maybe he standin on a stool or somethin

Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 12:43pm
lol @ standing on a stool

nah, i think he really is that tall
his body to head proportions are off tho... ima check him out in about 6 years

Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 12:48pm
This remix with Chris and Trey is damn foolish lol

"She said she just got her some titties" wtf?!? LOL

Posted By: whosbotheringme
Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 12:50pm
lol.

How tall is Chris Brown?

I thought dude was like 6'5 or something cause those people come up to his neckConfused

Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Well I thought this was sexy *shrugs*

It's so sexy when men can dance

Hmmm, I would've liked the video so much more if those dudes weren't so skinny and were darker. The dance is sexy but the men look a little bit gayStern Smile

Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

this guy is sexy? Dead

ummmmm, girl do you not have eyes? of course he is smexy in every way!!!! go find more pictures and you'll fall in love with him too. He always looks high but he makes being high look like a beautiful out of body experience that just gets you so horny you end up in the hospital cuz you can't stop getting orgasmsCryStern Smile.

Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 1:15pm
You know who is sexy? I saw jeremih perform once and yesss

Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 1:15pm

this guy is sexy? Dead
Chris Brown crackhead sexy.DeadLOL

Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 1:18pm
Ok, I'm just now realizing that Jeremih and Jason Derulo are 2 different people Confused

Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 1:20pm

no I'm good

I don't need to see any more of him

Excuse me but you WILL look at his face and deal cuz we will be getting married soon and i plan to post our wedding pics all through this b!tch. 

Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 1:23pm
Lol Jason derulo is unmistakeable with those annoying ass singles and zig zags on his face and hair.

Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

You know who is sexy? I saw jeremih perform once and yesss

Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 1:27pm
omg i hate their face

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&docid=pfj34btvUY65-M&tbnid=gYtslqIkVYkbsM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.starpulse.com%2FMusic%2FJeremih%2FAlbums%2F&ei=SZ1eU5_1E9KvyATbq4C4CQ&bvm=bv.65397613,d.aWw&psig=AFQjCNFABFofZILVUkW7HfuMLfVqeLfjnw&ust=1398795852757445" rel="nofollow">

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&docid=e65RBxenEXEtfM&tbnid=g27TLHTnrMSJYM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.zimbio.com%2Fphotos%2FJason%2BDerulo%2FTouch%2BWeekly%2BAnnual%2BIcons%2BIdols%2BCelebration%2FwrWWtYL15fW&ei=aZ1eU5yzCdS3yATep4DIBw&bvm=bv.65397613,d.aWw&psig=AFQjCNF2uPGY3yGyGY0ts-YCzOeGj10Lsg&ust=1398795848850658" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 1:27pm

ok nala

you say ok but its really not because you still gonna go around thinking he's unattractive when he really isn'tAngry

Posted By: rell85
Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 4:29pm
He's ok but need to be more graceful when not wanting to answer questions.

Posted By: sweet_n_stuff04
Date Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 10:38am
I love his mixtape (The Product 2). I was underwhelmed with his album though. He's really cute...but he's only like 20 Unhappy

I'd still hit thoughStern Smile

Print Page | Close Window