Print Page | Close Window

Would Polygamy Help Build Black Wealth In America?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=370269
Printed Date: Sep 20 2017 at 11:01pm

Topic: Would Polygamy Help Build Black Wealth In America?
Posted By: Marcelo22
Subject: Would Polygamy Help Build Black Wealth In America?
Date Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 10:19pm
Brother Polight first wife dropping knowledge on how she picked his three other wives to join their household

Cliff notes: 

• He has 4 wives, the woman in the video is the first who he has been with for 16 years.
  • She picked the 3 other wives who can help run their businesses.
  • She says most women cannot get down with it because of how they were raised and not understanding it. 
  • Polight said to be successful in a polygamous relationship, u have to be successful in a monogamous one first. If u have trouble with one person, u will have trouble with multiple. 

I'm bout to get on this movement. 2 wives, 3 incomes

Replies:
Posted By: f8dagrate
Date Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 10:22pm
Don't think I have ever watched a video you postedLOL But from the screen shot that man looks like he has been on drugs. 

Posted By: Sang Froid
This aligns with my ideas about marriage.
I'm not doing the polygamy thing though. 

Posted By: Bored w/Out Me?
Aint no way, too jealous and most of My Sistas feel the same...

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 10:26pm
relatable

Based on that screenshot--I simply cannot take words of wisdom from a woman with no edges.

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

I thought black women were already sharing men and it wasn't working out too well...

Cause they aren't sharing income.
This is more about sharing income than sharing dick from what I gathered.

Which reminds me of some things that one chick on here talks about.

Posted By: liesnalibis
Date Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 10:28pm
I thought black women were already sharing men and it wasn't working out too well...

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 10:28pm
Lol lies!
Originally posted by f8dagrate f8dagrate wrote:

Don't think I have ever watched a video you postedLOL But from the screen shot that man looks like he has been on drugs. 

Oh boy F8, they all do!Dead

Life ain't been no crystal stair...

Date Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Cause they aren't sharing income.
This is more about sharing income than sharing dick from what I gathered.

Which reminds me of some things that one chick on here talks about.

can't you just find a nicca who makes enough so that you don't need a harem of ho's in your house?

Posted By: thewonderfulwa
Date Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 10:38pm
NO

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 10:40pm
All them wives and nobody could help her do her and that babies hair? 

Posted By: ShadyLady
Date Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 10:43pm
Po baby gotta sit there and listen to that foolishness.

Please don't let it permeate in that baby's head.

Black power, but you don't think a black woman deserves her own king? FOH...

Date Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

LOL

Wives 2-4 trying to jockey for #1 position. Can't have #1 and her chiren looking fly.

Date Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

LOL

Wives 2-4 trying to jockey for #1 position. Can't have #1 and her chiren looking fly.

Sister wives aint worth a damn....

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 10:56pm
I'm all for polygamy. I wouldn't mind having mind multiple husbands but that's probably because I don't have one yet. I can't get with the sister-wives though, I don't care to be around too many females.

Date Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 10:57pm
That lady is so pretty...

Date Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 11:00pm
LMAO @ the random interruption about interracial

Posted By: rohan
Date Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 11:00pm
Wow, they've been together 16 years.  Props, if they are happy and the child is safe.

Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 11:01pm
Id rather marry 1 man who makes enough money to care for me and about 5 fictitious sisterwives.

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 11:03pm
I have no issue with polygamy but if u gone talk about the old days and how and why they used to do it...then....didn't the man who was allowed to have more than one wife have enough money to take care of all his wives?  I don't remember hearing that wives had to work to bring income together.  #noshade #justsayin'.

Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 11:03pm

what a mess

Date Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

I have no issue with polygamy but if u gone talk about the old days and how and why they used to do it...then....didn't the man who was allowed to have more than one wife have enough money to take care of all his wives?  I don't remember hearing that wives had to work to bring income together.  #noshade #justsayin'.

Right broke negro want a damn harem of bishes.......i can't even believe he takes 4 other fools to sign on to this.....

Date Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 11:06pm
And then he try to say he ain't pimpin lol. How you a fool for an ex con? These bishes is desperate. 

Posted By: JasmineE02
Date Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 11:07pm
I'd rather just invest.  Mutual funds and maxing out my 401k contributions >>  I think learning how to better manage one's money is a better first step.  If you want to do the multiple partner thing, just do it because you want to and make sure you maximize the benefits.  

Date Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 11:10pm
Oh wow @ her mom telling her she was letting herself go because of her hair. Brainwashed...

Date Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 11:12pm
So many rude comments from people who look down upon this beautiful family who not hurting anybody. I am appalled. I am shocked from these responses Shocked

Date Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 11:12pm
LoL I agree with dude who said he couldn't see her in some remy LOL

Date Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 11:13pm
Attractive is used extremely lightly......extremely.....

Posted By: maysay1
Date Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 11:14pm
I didn't watch the video. But the intelligent sharing of resources would really help our community. When you share the burden of cost, time, child rearing, education, and space everybody wins.

Polygamy is one way to do that. But most people just aren't emotionally capable of it.

Date Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 11:22pm
Just listening to this man talk smh...this is why black men are so spoiled.

Date Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 11:25pm
I wonder if this is how cults start out...and when men be getting their daughters pregnant and shyt. It's so creepy because he really feels like he's doing the right thing.

Posted By: Mixer
Date Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 11:26pm

Just listening to this man talk smh...this is why black men are so spoiled.
Don't hate.Sleepy

Date Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 11:29pm
hmmm...interesting.  i'm not gone insult that woman because I don't agree with how they do their situation...even tho it works for them.  I think she's pretty.  *shrugs*

Date Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 11:29pm
With gay marriage picking up steam it still trips me out how people can hate on multiple consenting adults choosing to be together. But its a straight man, so I understand why some people on here hating. 

Date Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 11:30pm

I wonder if this is how cults start out...and when men be getting their daughters pregnant and shyt. It's so creepy because he really feels like he's doing the right thing.

I don't think the two should be conflated. There are a lot of people in polygamous/polyamorous relationships but that don't have cult like beliefs/behaviors or a desire to abuse their children.

It's just that we tend to hear about the worst of people, not the average or the best.

Date Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 11:31pm
One of his other wives...he has good taste I must admit.

Date Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 11:35pm
Three of his wives

I recognize the two on the left and the one on the very right but not sure who the fourth is if she's pictured...

Amunet ain't no joke.

Date Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 11:36pm

Three of his wives

why u looking up his family LOL

Date Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 11:38pm
IA maysay.  *shrugs*  I noticed that when it comes to this sex and emotion is the first thing thought up and brought up.  I mean he's a black man...he can't possibly be sincere about his sh*t or operating on any other level.  Black folks are only capable of functioning with the lower levels and  sex force.

That said...he did make some valid points about family.  I've had a lil bit of that happen to me.  Alot of folks don't like when a black man actually helps a woman do better instead of going with the status quo.  It's got to be brain washing.

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 11:39pm

Date Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

I don't think the two should be conflated. There are a lot of people in polygamous/polyamorous relationships but that don't have cult like beliefs/behaviors or a desire to abuse their children.

It's just that we tend to hear about the worst of people, not the average or the best.

Kinda like how media will mostly print the worst of black folks.

Posted By: nala52808
Date Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 11:40pm
Um sorry yall but I refuse to watch the video unless someone figures out how to crop out the little boy. not saying that he is ugly. he just has an interesting look that I am not used to.

Date Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 11:40pm
@ Marcelo I wanted to see what his other wives were lookin like. Is that weird? LOL

Date Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 11:41pm

Three of his wives

I recognize the two on the left and the one on the very right but not sure who the fourth is if she's pictured...

Amunet ain't no joke.

That made me turn my head. Damn....

*Goes to do squats in hopes of getting a 1/3 of that booty*

IA maysay.  *shrugs*  I noticed that when it comes to this sex and emotion is the first thing thought up and brought up.  I mean he's a black man...he can't possibly be sincere about his sh*t or operating on any other level.  Black folks are only capable of functioning with the lower levels and  sex force.

That said...he did make some valid points about family.  I've had a lil bit of that happen to me.  Alot of folks don't like when a black man actually helps a woman do better instead of going with the status quo.  It's got to be brain washing.

I feel the shots. It's all good. 

Date Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 11:42pm
Two of them are really pretty.....

Date Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by nala52808 nala52808 wrote:

Um sorry yall but I refuse to watch the video unless someone figures out how to crop out the little boy. not saying that he is ugly. he just has an interesting look that I am not used to.

Awww thats a lil gurlOuch

Date Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 11:45pm

Believe it or not that's a girl...

Date Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 11:46pm
The only reason polygamy wouldn't work for me is because if I'm in a committed relationship then I'm not trying to be sleeping by myself while you're all cuddled up with my sisterwife.

I was watching My Five Wives the other day and one of the wives had a positive test for breast cancer. And she slept alone that night because the husband was supposed to be with another wife. Couldn't be me.

Date Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 11:46pm

She's a barrrickkk!!!! *dun da da dunnn dun* house! LOL

Date Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 11:47pm

Date Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 11:47pm

*shakes average cakes*

And she got the nerve to show it off in a great fitting white dress. Eff my life Lies!LOL

Date Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 11:49pm
So wait, that's what sisterwife means?

Date Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 11:50pm

@ Marcelo I wanted to see what his other wives were lookin like. Is that weird? LOL

I just wasnt expecting those candid pics, especially that last one lol. But after seeing his other wives, I want to ask you a question since you dont agree with polygamy.

Seeing his wives, they arent ugly women at all. I doubt they were "desperate" in the sense that they couldnt find a monogamous relationship if they wanted one. But keeping it real, its difficult for people, especially black women to find a brother who is conscious, has his own business and really about leading his household. So these women chose a man who had those qualities and are okay with being under one roof. Would you rather them stay single or be in a monogamous relationship with a brother who isn't on the same vibe as them? These women are obviously not the typical women, Brother Polight isnt the typical man, most men dont want multiple wives.

Date Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 11:50pm

I ain't tryna blast his child all over the internet so here's a link. And you need to stop lol

https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1.0-9/10154945_296005633886548_1378351110_n.jpg" rel="nofollow - https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1.0-9/10154945_296005633886548_1378351110_n.jpg

Date Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 11:52pm

*shakes average cakes*

And she got the nerve to show it off in a great fitting white dress. Eff my life Lies!LOL

Chocklit thundah! LOLLOL

Date Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 11:53pm
Originally posted by Mixer Mixer wrote:

So wait, that's what sisterwife means?

The term usually refers to the wives in the marriage. It's meant to imply that the wives have a close bond (like a sister) that is non-sexual. There's not one "marriage bed". Each wife has a separate relationship with the husband.

Date Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 11:54pm
Originally posted by Marcelo22 Marcelo22 wrote:

I just wasnt expecting those candid pics, especially that last one lol. But after seeing his other wives, I want to ask you a question since you dont agree with polygamy.

Seeing his wives, they arent ugly women at all. I doubt they were "desperate" in the sense that they couldnt find a monogamous relationship if they wanted one. But keeping it real, its difficult for people, especially black women to find a brother who is conscious, has his own business and really about leading his household. So these women chose a man who had those qualities and are okay with being under one roof. Would you rather them stay single or be in a monogamous relationship with a brother who isn't on the same vibe as them? These women are obviously not the typical women, Brother Polight isnt the typical man, most men dont want multiple wives.

If it makes them happy then hey. A bid or two isn't necessarily seen as a negative thing by some people.

Date Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 11:54pm

actually...no shots.  Po-Lite and his wives have been discussed here many times before.  and the reactions are almost always the same.  to bring up sex,  shade his wife/wives and assume that they're all criminals. (for the most part)  Almost like it's impossible for a black man to do this with any type of success.

iono...i guess i just hate how it's automatically dismissed.  we see dysfunctional "monogamous" relationships everyday yet when this is brought up...

again...I totally understand that this is not for everybody but damn...to insult people for no reason?  *sighs*

Date Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 11:55pm
It's not even just her butt, either. She got the perfect legs to go with it.

Date Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 11:58pm

actually...no shots.  Po-Lite and his wives have been discussed here many times before.  and the reactions are almost always the same.  to bring up sex,  shade his wife/wives and assume that they're all criminals. (for the most part)  Almost like it's impossible for a black man to do this with any type of success.

iono...i guess i just hate how it's automatically dismissed.  we see dysfunctional "monogamous" relationships everyday yet when this is brought up...

again...I totally understand that this is not for everybody but damn...to insult people for no reason?  *sighs*

Yup yup yup to the bold. I see so many women in similar situations and they don't get the benefit of pooling all their finances, living under one roof, having extra eyes and hands to care for their children, etc. etc. Instead their babies barely get any time with the father and they  are struggling financially.

Nothing wrong with acknowledging that there can be a successful alternative.

Posted By: f8dagrate
Date Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by Mixer Mixer wrote:

Three of his wives

Amunet ain't no joke.

That made me turn my head. Damn....

That azz!

Date Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 12:01am

You act like you saw me saying something positive about white polygamists. The race has nothing to do with it. 

Date Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 12:04am
She has legs?

Date Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 12:06am

You act like you saw me saying something positive about white polygamists. The race has nothing to do with it. 

I said black because the folks in question are black.

Hmmmm...*goes back to read my posts*

@lies...if u could tell me where u feel I was speaking specifically to u?  perhaps we can avoid circumvent the looming drama and shade?

Date Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 12:07am
Mixer stoopit LOL

Date Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 12:12am
I saw her pretty face..and then two extra extra large cakes. I ain't lying...

Date Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 12:16am
If its all about improving then why does it have to be all women? Like why cant there be some husbros in the bunch.

Date Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 12:17am
^^^^^^^The one time we saw that (with a black woman from what I remember) ...that was also shaded to death also and it was assumed that the woman's daughters had to be getting molested.

Date Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 12:19am
that  white dress makes her ass look amazing. i feel like a moth drawn to a flame in that i cannot stop looking at the bootay. her picture will be saved on my laptop for motivation 

Date Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 12:20am
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

If its all about improving then why does it have to be all women? Like why cant there be some husbros in the bunch.

It doesn't. There are many polyamorous families that have more than one husband in the bunch.

Date Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 12:23am

It's not even just her butt, either. She got the perfect legs to go with it.
I saw cute body and heels. Now I gotta tone my legs too? Sigh.Cry

Date Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 12:24am

It doesn't. There are many polyamorous families that have more than one husband in the bunch.

I understand that but whenever a guy gets behind this concept he never envisions other men.

Posted By: _ConcreteRose_
Date Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 12:25am
Polygamy has hindered wealth creation in other countries. Im actually sort of writing a paper on this now.

Posted By: ms_wonderland
polygamy?  how about monogamyyyyyyyyy. marry your baby mamas.

Posted By: afrokock
Fun and games

Date Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 12:29am

I understand that but whenever a guy gets behind this concept he never envisions other men.

U mean for example Po-light suggesting another husband for Annette(?) instead of suggesting another wife?  Hmmm....I could say because alot of women (and media whom we hate and don't believe) say that there's an eligible man shortage in the black community? 

Either way..if i'm gone have sister wives or more than 1 husband it's gone be primarily for financial reasons.  Sex will not be first and foremost in my thoughts.

Date Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 12:30am
Originally posted by _ConcreteRose_ _ConcreteRose_ wrote:

Polygamy has hindered wealth creation in other countries. Im actually sort of writing a paper on this now.

say word?  how so?  if u don't mind a quick paragraph?

Posted By: Benni
Date Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 12:30am
Monogamy rocks !!!!!

Date Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 12:32am

Keep us updated on it.

Date Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 12:35am

I guess the ones that are public about it are more strictly polygamous. As opposed to the many polyamorous units I've seen in docs/shows/forums. Makes sense I guess because polygamy is seen as more acceptable by the mainstream since it generally involves some religious beliefs and upholds traditional gender roles.

Date Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 12:38am

Makes sense especially if they're adhering to the idea that women don't work and are constantly pregnant or child rearing.

But I think if there's a division of labor (husband and some wives work, others are caretakers) and a pooling of resources it can certainly work.

And at least here in the US, the tax laws and access to public benefits definitely adds to the coffers.

Date Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 12:45am

say word?  how so?  if u don't mind a quick paragraph?
Well my paper is on the effect of polygamy on women's advancement in Senegal. But, in my research I keep reading that men who take on more wives generally struggle more financially. The men generally support more wives and more kids than they are financially able to. The woman's financial contribution in a family is usually lower than a man's financial contribution for many reasons I wont get into. So for every other wife a man marries, there are diminishing financial returns (that is the amount of money in the family increases at a decreasing rate, yet the family increases at in increasing rate.) Therefore there is less money to go around.

And I want to stress this: If polygamy was done RIGHT (and by right I mean by the way the Quran teaches it) then polygamy wouldn't really be a bad thing. But unfortunately the men take on more than they can handle probably because they are thinking about the over all increase in money, instead of the increase in money per member of the family. However, marriage is more efficient, financially, the less amount of wives/kids one has.

eta: I hope this was coherent enough. 

Date Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 12:48am
^^^^^^^^^^OIC.  Agreed...there are alot of addtional factors in regards to bride price etc.

Date Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 12:51am
And by this logic above, polygamy with more husbands would actually make more sense financially.

Date Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 1:00am
for the record...the way I understood polygamy.  It was only utilized when it was needed.  as in times of war etc.  alot of men died and left wives home with no protection.  i have also heard of communities where women are scarce so the ladies had more than one husband.  so again...only when it's needed for the community...not just because.

Date Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 1:01am
Your paper covers which periods of time?

Date Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 1:02am
1970-2000. Around the time of the book So Long a Letter and the movie Faat Kine.

Date Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 1:05am
How are you defining 'wealth'?

Sounds like an interesting paper

Date Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 1:09am
The paper is not necessarily on wealth. It's on women's advancement in Senegal with an emphasis on the role polygamy plays. However, many of the secondary sources I looked through talked about it the wealth aspect of polygamy.

Date Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 1:19am
imma have 2 wives, one kid each....or do it the modern way and just have 2 baby mamas

Posted By: naturesgift
Date Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 1:24am
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

polygamy?  how about monogamyyyyyyyyy. marry your baby mamas.
you just got deep right here With men in america having many baby mama's- it would be better if they were somehow working together for the good of the whole family- no more lies and confusion, marriage arrangements would created a more stable lives for wives and kids {maybe} imagine buying an apartment building with your husband and his other 2 wives?

i heard of this thing called www.lovemore.com not sure same thing

Posted By: NJHairLuv
Date Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 1:25am
When I was in Senegal, many married women told me that they were not for polygamy. Many men told me their wives were not going for it either.

Posted By: naturesgift
Date Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 1:30am
Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

When I was in Senegal, many married women told me that they were not for polygamy. Many men told me their wives were not going for it either.
this happened when I was there too, most modern families are westernized and just cheat on there wives instead of marring like in villages   

Posted By: blaquefoxx
Date Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 4:35am
I'm getting strong bisexual vibes from wife no. 1. 

Polight got a couple of loose screws himself. 

I personally know of 2 polygamous relationships and both of them are a hot damn mess. The only good thing about it that the kids are in order, but everything else...chile. 

Date Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 5:32am
That's why we gonn' do it the right way ^

Originally posted by blaquefoxx blaquefoxx wrote:

I'm getting strong bisexual vibes from wife no. 1. 

Polight got a couple of loose screws himself. 

Yes and yes!

Posted By: iliveforbhm
Date Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 6:36am
I thought polygamy was the logical choice if there are far more women than men and you also have to be wealthy.

Date Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 7:11am
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

What concrete wrote is what I thought would happen

more people to take care of ups your expenses

in the US I feel like almost all parties would have to work if the family was large

and they do...on the TLC shows those people are not wealthy...they usually have multiple kids by each wife...now think about college, camps, braces, or even mere food for that many kids. that is very very expensive. 

which is why i would just marry a negro who could afford my ass and my ass alone with a kid or two thrown in.

Print Page | Close Window