Print Page | Close Window

Kidnapped boy, 9, released after singing

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=370224
Printed Date: Dec 15 2017 at 11:12am

Topic: Kidnapped boy, 9, released after singing
Posted By: Guidette
Subject: Kidnapped boy, 9, released after singing
Date Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 3:28pm

http://www.freep.com/article/20140423/NEWS07/304230094/Boy-released-by-kidnapper-after-singing-gospel-music

ATLANTA — A young boy's love of gospel music may have saved his life.

Earlier this month, police say a man kidnapped then nine-year-old Willie Myrick from his southwest Atlanta driveway. He allegedly drove the boy around for some time before dropping him off unharmed in East Point.

But Willie's actions during those terrifying three hours are inspiring people around the country. Willie says he sang the gospel song “Every Praise” until the man let him go.

Thursday evening, community leaders held a meeting in Willie's honor, celebrating his happy ending, but also telling other parents and children what to do if this happens to them.

In front of a crowded sanctuary at Mt. Carmel Baptist Church, Willie recounted the moment he was freed from the car. Willie said while he was singing, the man kept cursing and telling him to shut up before eventually kicking him out.

"He opened the door and threw me out," Willie said. "He told me not to tell anyone."

Willie's story traveled fast and soon caught the ear of Grammy Award-winning gospel singer Hezekiah Walker -- the man who performed the song.

"It's just emotional to me because you never know who you're going to touch," Walker told http://www.11alive.com/story/news/local/southwest-atlanta/2014/04/17/willie-myrick-gospel-kidnapping/7851279/" rel="nofollow - 11Alive's Blayne Alexander .

Upon hearing the story, Walker made the decision to fly from New York City to Atlanta to meet Willie.

"I just wanted to hug him and tell him I love him," Walker said.

Thursday evening, the singer entered the sanctuary of Mt. Carmel Baptist Church to a standing ovation, grabbing Willie into a tight hug as tears streamed down the boy's face. Walker then led the church, and Willie, in singing Every Praise.

"I really believe that God spoke through me to save that young man's life," Walker said.

The man who abducted Willie is still on the loose. Police have released a sketch and are asking anyone with any information to call CrimeStoppers at 404-577-TIPS.

Willie Myrick

Replies:
Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 3:31pm
HeartSmile

Posted By: Lonisha87
Date Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 3:32pm
Wow. Glad hes safe and unharmed. Won't he do it

Posted By: Katrenia
Date Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 3:35pm
I'm so happy the baby is safe.
I love this story….Clap

Posted By: fckwitmeuknoigotit
Date Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 3:36pm

i used to sing yes jesus loves me to get out of a whoopin. worked every time. glad this kid is okayClap

Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by Lady ICE Lady ICE wrote:

HeartSmile

Heart

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 3:46pm
I saw this on my GF's wall earlier.
heartwarming story for sure.

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 3:47pm
Glad he is safe and not traumatized any further by that nutjob!Thumbs Up

Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by fckwitmeuknoigotit fckwitmeuknoigotit wrote:

i used to sing yes jesus loves me to get out of a whoopin. worked every time. glad this kid is okayClap

Mess.com you know damn well you deserved that whoopinLOLLOLLOLLOL

Posted By: Faithfully2002
Date Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 4:02pm
Awww Clap

Posted By: Bored w/Out Me?
Date Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 5:27pm
Awwwwh Thank You JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted By: Marcelo22
Date Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by Bored w/Out Me? Bored w/Out Me? wrote:

Dead

I dont kno if the song touched the kidnapper or if the boys singing was that bad he just said fucc it, get out

Posted By: Guidette
Date Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by Marcelo22 Marcelo22 wrote:

Dead

I dont kno if the song touched the kidnapper or if the boys singing was that bad he just said fucc it, get out

UnhappyIt was the song and God

Posted By: liesnalibis
Date Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 6:40pm
Wow.

Posted By: Brjasuga51
Date Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 6:47pm
..God my Savior ...God My healer..God my deliverer...Yes he is...yes he is. Very powerful words

Posted By: Ladycoils
Date Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by Marcelo22 Marcelo22 wrote:

Dead

LOL

I'm glad he was returned unharmed

Posted By: thewonderfulwa
Date Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 7:47pm
the lord works in mysterious ways

Posted By: Bonjour baby ooowee
Date Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 8:10pm
its joyous to witness the Lord winning, that's truly amazing, im SOOO thankful & glad for that youngmanHeart

Posted By: sexyandfamous
Date Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 9:08pm
So the man didn't sexually assault him? Because if that is the case, THIS IS AMAZING!

Posted By: Benni
Date Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 10:13pm
Truly AMAZING!!!!!.

The power of The Lord

Print Page | Close Window