Forum Name: Weaves / Extensions
Forum Description: Discussions on Weaves
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=370220
Printed Date: Sep 21 2017 at 10:28pm

Topic: Wigmakers?
Posted By: grayvelma
Subject: Wigmakers?
Date Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 1:33pm

who is the best u-part/closure wig maker out there? I know of TreBella and Agape and MissBossy, but are there others out there on IG, FB, Tumblr? Need ur help ladies, thanks in advance

Replies:
Posted By: Colby
Date Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 3:48pm
Pm Milanni_Parys she's great & Nishamonae's wigs look nice too google precise wigs & she has a styleseat page.

Here ya go 
http://www.styleseat.com/precisewigs" rel="nofollow - https://www.styleseat.com/precisewigs

Posted By: CurvyGirl27
Date Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 3:53pm
Have you considered Renee/Fly Honey Wigs?  http://www.flyhoneywigs.com" rel="nofollow - http://www.flyhoneywigs.com

I am not sure of your reluctance for not going with any of the ones you listed, but I will say that IMO, they are the best. They may be a bit pricey but if you get a wig that's made well with quality hair it can list you years. Out of that list, based on quality and affordability, I would definitely go with Trebella, she's worth it. 

Posted By: SMOVLADY
Date Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 5:15pm

The main drawback with Trebella is the wait time.  If you want your wig by July, you are already out of luck.  I think that I am going to make an appointment with  Fly Honey her turn around time is 20 days.

Posted By: yilutee
Date Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 1:15am
I am a loyal customer in a sense. I only bought my wigs from My Wigs Box and he never disappointed me. My order usually comes within 25 days with affordable price.

http://www.mywigsbox.com

Posted By: choco_lips
Date Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 6:26am
I have used 'myhairisfab' on 2 occasions to make full wigs and trebella once. I would say their workmanship is comparable. 

Posted By: B2kishot87
Date Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 6:30pm
I had a wig made by trebella wigs along time ago when her prices were affordable $70. But now shes decided to throw affordability out of the window and raise her prices. Turn around time is way to long. So I had to find someone else. Try @heyupartwigs on instagram she has a wix site also. She did a great job. Fold over method shes capable of not cutting tracks. The closure lays superflat. She charges under 100$ and is local to me very quick turn around time.

Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 6:31pm
flyhoney wigs

Posted By: onesoulsistah
Date Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 6:48pm
I have two trebella wigs. her work is neat and very detailed but tht wait time I a beast. if u make n apt now your wig wont be made until august. I plan on trying fly honey wigs in the very near future

Posted By: keelolo1
Date Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 8:40pm
My sister text me her wigs she had made by fly honey wigs. They were gorgeous

Posted By: IamAJ625
Date Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 9:02pm
Melanie aka Eveschild848 on youtube. She makes really nice wigs! her email is under her videos....

Date Posted: Apr 26 2014 at 12:19am
thanks ladies, yes the wait time is a killjoy with TreBella, I had a MissBossy, well constructed, it didn't fit my head right though, I was thinking of going with Agape, but decided to see who you ladies are using.....I did a wig myself once, it came out ok, no patience for it now...I'm going to check out the suggestions..thanks again

Posted By: LaurenNicole
Date Posted: Apr 26 2014 at 12:24am
Originally posted by CurvyGirl27 CurvyGirl27 wrote:

Have you considered Renee/Fly Honey Wigs?  http://www.flyhoneywigs.com" rel="nofollow - http://www.flyhoneywigs.com

I am not sure of your reluctance for not going with any of the ones you listed, but I will say that IMO, they are the best. They may be a bit pricey but if you get a wig that's made well with quality hair it can list you years. Out of that list, based on quality and affordability, I would definitely go with Trebella, she's worth it. 
Was gonna say FlyHoneyWigs too. I've seen a lot of happy customers of hers..

Date Posted: Apr 26 2014 at 10:41am
checked out all the suggestions, flyhoney it is, thanks everyone

Posted By: CurvyGirl27
Date Posted: Apr 26 2014 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by B2kishot87 B2kishot87 wrote:

I had a wig made by trebella wigs along time ago when her prices were affordable $70. But now shes decided to throw affordability out of the window and raise her prices. Turn around time is way to long. So I had to find someone else. Try @heyupartwigs on instagram she has a wix site also. She did a great job. Fold over method shes capable of not cutting tracks. The closure lays superflat. She charges under 100$ and is local to me very quick turn around time.

I'm sorry but how is charging $175 throwing affordability out of the window? I have had units from her that have lasted over a year and would and happily have paid her price increase because $175 is about the price of an install that only lasts a couple of months. I can get a wig made for that amount and be good for an entire year. That is more than affordable and actually nowhere near what she could be charging for the value that you're getting, IMO. Now the turnaround time is unappealing but you can pay a little extra for a quicker service and even those prices are still cheaper than getting 3-4 installs throughout an entire year. 

Posted By: antish82
Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 7:35pm
I had a wig made by Agape and I'm extremely happy with it. Construction is great and it fits like a glove. Pam contacted me through Facebook as she was styling the wig which I tought was a nice touch. Turn aroun time was less than a week. Getting an appointment may take a few months though.

Posted By: KurlieBeautie
Date Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 11:45am
@hairstyledbycam on IG.

Posted By: Hotlanta Peach
Date Posted: May 03 2014 at 8:44am
Hi! I sent you a message. :)

Posted By: orangeee
Date Posted: May 07 2014 at 4:45am
I have tried Uniwigs. You really should try their products. BTW, girls, do you know how to change username in this forum?

Posted By: Princess Grace
Date Posted: May 07 2014 at 6:32am
Before you give your hair to any wig maker I mark my wefts , with a metallic pen. Especially if they sell hair, I dont have time energy or needing a case behind you switching hair with your "vigin" whatever you selling. 

Date Posted: May 07 2014 at 6:33am
No shade but those people in Royal Oak Confused, If they can sell wigs then I should just order me some wig caps from China cause NOPE to what I just saw on FB. 

Date Posted: May 08 2014 at 8:53am
Does your finished product look like the ones on FB??? Those look thick and unrealistic around the hairline.

and that red hair one CryCry I wept for her....

Posted By: TXButterfly03
Date Posted: May 08 2014 at 10:43am
I was going to suggest FlyHoneyWigs too.  She seems to be really good, thorough & honest.  Takes pics of hair as received, cuts, colors (if you want), restores, etc.  And she's reasonable.  I would try her, but I'm not doing wigs just yet.
That chick s_f_ing_vain makes wigs too.  I've seen it on IG, but haven't really looked into it.  

Posted By: etowngirl22
Date Posted: May 26 2014 at 11:15am
anyone know of local wigmakers in the chicago area? specifically the north chicago land suburbs

Posted By: orangeee
Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 3:44am
i don't know. but you can search on yellowpages.com

Posted By: AFFCHairStudios
Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 11:44am
I truly enjoy our (@AFFCHairStudios) Custom Units. We offer our custom upart or full wigs for just $75 which includes a custom mannequin, creation of the unit, braid down, sew down of the top of the unit, combs or clips used in the back, cut and style. You can always bring back this same unit and receive the braid down, sew down of the top of the unit, combs or clips used in the back, cut and style again for just $25! 

First appointment we have is a consultation where we measure your head and in 7-10 business days we schedule a 45 minute appointment to install. However, most of our wigs are completed and installed in less than 2 days. This video below shows a 1 day turn around of a unit, witha  client who brought in her own hair and received her install in less than 3 hours. (This client dyed her entire lace closure blue black.)

http://instagram.com/p/noYJsWRDlt/

Our units are ideal for clients who are not able to wait for their $35 partial sew-in or $55 full install with us, currently we are booked until September 2014. This allows them the ability to experience AFFC Hair Studios and not have to book online. 

We also offer shipping of our units (you can purchase our virgin hair or send us yours)!!

You can check out hundreds of photos and videos on our Instagram: @AFFCHairStudios or check us out on YouTube: AFFC Hair Studios

Hope to sew you all soon! 

Posted By: Misjaguar
Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 2:23pm

Posted By: nanikoa25
Date Posted: May 28 2014 at 2:36pm
http://instagram.com/tokyostylez#

He makes AMAZING wigs!!!

Posted By: MsBMW
Date Posted: May 29 2014 at 6:18am
Originally posted by choco_lips choco_lips wrote:

I have used 'myhairisfab' on 2 occasions to make full wigs and trebella once. I would say their workmanship is comparable. 

Can myhairisfab cut and style like Trebella that has been my issue finding someone who can cute and style the wig on Trebella's level...

Date Posted: May 29 2014 at 6:55am
Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

Before you give your hair to any wig maker I mark my wefts , with a metallic pen. Especially if they sell hair, I dont have time energy or needing a case behind you switching hair with your "vigin" whatever you selling. 

This has always been a concern with having people make me wigs..How do you know if they switched your hair out. 

Posted By: MochaBarbieDoll
Date Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 10:40am
Shesastylist.com her name is Totteana and she cuts and layers well.

Date Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 11:19am
Hi, I'm Phyllis. For all interested, I make wonder hairpieces. Check me out. I've never had a disappointed client 😌. I am located in Atlanta and licensed as well. I'm highly capable to cut/layer & color. Find me on Instagram as @theweaveanistacustomwigs and www.styleseat.com/phyllistheweaveanista. Feel free to email me a well at theweaveanista@gmail.com 😌

Date Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 11:22am
Originally posted by MsBMW MsBMW wrote:

Originally posted by choco_lips choco_lips wrote:

Can myhairisfab cut and style like Trebella that has been my issue finding someone who can cute and style the wig on Trebella's level...

Yeah, she is talented and sweet. We praise each other's work on IG.

Posted By: Brjasuga51
Date Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 11:54am
Originally posted by Hotlanta Peach Hotlanta Peach wrote:

Hi, I'm Phyllis. For all interested, I make wonder hairpieces. Check me out. I've never had a disappointed client 😌. I am located in Atlanta and licensed as well. I'm highly capable to cut/layer & color. Find me on Instagram as @theweaveanistacustomwigs and www.styleseat.com/phyllistheweaveanista. Feel free to email me a well at theweaveanista@gmail.com 😌

Do u make closures too?

Date Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by Brjasuga51 Brjasuga51 wrote:

Do u make closures too?

I don't make closures. However, I do use a wig making technique that will yield the same results as a lace closure.

Date Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 6:13am
^^^ Hotlanta I will check your work out on Instgram..
Fly honey seems ok but I"m not impressed with her cut and style..
I think Trubella and Nisha cuts and styling are banging 

Posted By: EVA D DIVA
Date Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 11:21pm
I like @_glamdiva_customunits

She is kind of expensive.

Posted By: Daymarme
Date Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 12:06pm
I plan to try fly honey wigs

Posted By: Chey
Date Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 11:05pm
bump

Date Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 8:58am
Originally posted by EVA D DIVA EVA D DIVA wrote:

I like @_glamdiva_customunits

She is kind of expensive.

How much does she charge and is hair included in her prices?

Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 9:43am
Hotlanta peach do you style wigs? Like If I send you my wig do you have services for cutting and styling?

Posted By: SMOVLADY
Date Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 3:26pm
^^^Sugar, yes she can.  I sent her one of my old balding ones and she is working on it now.  She is also making me a new wig.  I'll post pics when I receive them.

Date Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 8:40am
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Hotlanta peach do you style wigs? Like If I send you my wig do you have services for cutting and styling?
Yes ma'am, I do. Smile  I have a service on my style seat website that will cover what you described. It's  called " Wig Maintenance" Here is a snap-shot of the description. 

Date Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 8:43am

Yes, I do. I will send you a PM and we can discuss what you need. I will give you my email address too.

Date Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 8:45am
^^^ Confused didn't mean to double post...the system did something weird...

Yes, I do. I will send you a PM and we can discuss what you need. I will give you my email address too.

Date Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 8:47am
Originally posted by SMOVLADY SMOVLADY wrote:

^^^Sugar, yes she can.  I sent her one of my old balding ones and she is working on it now.  She is also making me a new wig.  I'll post pics when I receive them.

Smile Thanks for the plug SMOVLADE! I'm looking forward to seeing it on you! Smile

Posted By: TexturizedDiva
Date Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 7:32pm
WTF!  Stop spamming our forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 7:47pm
Muffins is my Lovers offers wig making services too. 

Date Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 9:03pm
oops

Print Page | Close Window