Print Page | Close Window

Jourdan Dunn new face of Maybelline

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=370208
Printed Date: Nov 25 2017 at 3:59am

Topic: Jourdan Dunn new face of Maybelline
Posted By: Lilaca
Subject: Jourdan Dunn new face of Maybelline
Date Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 6:05am

Jourdan Dunn joins the Maybelline model family: 23-year-old Brit is latest face of cosmetics giant

• Model, 23, unveiled as face of Maybelline New York
  • Joins Christy Turlington, Emily DiDonato and Mollie King
  • Has just returned from partying in Coachella

By http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/search.html?s=&authornamef=Bianca+London" rel="nofollow - Bianca London

Published: 08:35, 23 April 2014 | Updated: 08:50, 23 April 2014

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2610466/Jourdan-Dunn-joins-Maybelline-model-family-23-year-old-Brit-latest-face-cosmetics-giant.html#comments" rel="nofollow -

- View
comments

In between partying at Coachella with BFF Cara Delevingne and caring for her four-year-old son, Riley, British model Jourdan Dunn has managed to squeeze in a high-end beauty campaign, too.

The six foot clothes horse, who has been dubbed the modern-day Naomi Campbell, has been unveiled as the new face of Maybelline New York.

Jourdan will be joining an elite group of Maybelline models, which includes Christy Turlington, Adriana Lima, Erin Wasson, Emily DiDonato and Mollie King, who was recently announced as the face of the brand's latest foundation.

Maybe she was born with it! Jourdan Dunn has added beauty modelling to her CV as the new face of Maybelline New York

< id="share--" value="" ="text">

Copy link to paste in your message

+7

Maybe she was born with it! Jourdan Dunn has added beauty modelling to her CV as the new face of Maybelline New York

'Jourdan’s look, style and positive energy are perfect for the brand,' said a spokesperson. 'She truly reflects Maybelline’s vision of global beauty.'

Jourdan, 23, who was first discovered by a model scout while out with friends at Primark and made her runway debut during the 2007 Fall New York Fashion Week, said of her new signing: 'It is an honor to be a spokesperson for such an iconic brand.

More...

• http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2610031/Kate-wears-coffee-coloured-Roksanda-Ilincic-dress-arrives-Uluru-dons-heels-desert.html" rel="nofollow - It's recycling day for Kate: Duchess of Cambridge brings out TWO old dresses in one day
  • http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2610170/Red-lipstick-girls-best-friend-Marilyn-Monroes-crimson-lips-voted-iconic-beauty-trend-time.html" rel="nofollow - Red lipstick is a girl's best friend: Marilyn Monroe's crimson lips voted the most iconic beauty trend of all time
  • http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2610228/Chanel-Iman-models-The-Outnets-fifth-birthday-limited-edition-collection-join-celebrations-picking-designer-pieces-fraction-normal-price.html" rel="nofollow - Chanel Iman models The Outnet's fifth birthday collection - join in the celebrations by picking up limited-edition designer pieces for a fraction of the normal price!

'I am proud to say that I am a Maybelline girl and hopefully I can make people feel the same way I did when I saw the advertisements growing up. The brand imagery is always beautiful and positive. To now be a part of that is a dream come true!'.

As a British Vogue regular, who has worked for the likes of DKNY and Burberry, Jourdan was on the road to success very early in her career.

Behind the scenes: A spokesperson for the brand said that 23-year-old Jourdans look, style and positive energy are perfect for them

+7

Behind the scenes: A spokesperson for the brand said that 23-year-old Jourdan's look, style and positive energy are perfect for them

She works hard...and plays hard! Jourdan was recently partying at Coachella and got straight back to work this week shooting for her upcoming fashion campaigns
  • SHARE PICTURE

+7

She works hard...and plays hard! Jourdan was recently partying at Coachella and got straight back to work this week shooting for her upcoming fashion campaigns

Speaking at the Vogue Festival last month, Jourdan opened up about her insecurities growing up: 'I was very tall and lanky and I wasn't really feeling myself when I was growing up at all.

'Especially because, coming from a Caribbean background, curves are celebrated and me being really tall and skinny wouldn't [be]. So I was like... didn't want to go out or be seen or anything.'

She even admitted to running up 'crazy' phone bills when she first moved to New York for work aged 16, because she missed her family so much: 'Every minute I was on the phone to my mum crying, complaining, more crying and more complaining.'

Best friends: Speaking at the Vogue Festival last month, Jourdan, pictured with close friend and fellow model Cara Delevingne, opened up about her insecurities growing up
  • SHARE PICTURE

+7

Best friends: Speaking at the Vogue Festival last month, Jourdan, pictured with close friend and fellow model Cara Delevingne, opened up about her insecurities growing up

When she is not modeling, Jourdan is a proud mother to her son Riley, who was diagnosed with sickle cell anemia. 

This has led to Jourdan’s active involvement as the Parent Ambassador for the Sickle Cell Disease Association of America.

In addition to being a mother and philanthropist, Jourdan is a self-taught cook and hosts a lifestyle and cooking program titled 'Well Dunn with Jourdan Dunn.'

Stellar career: Jourdan was first discovered by a model scout while out with friends and has since walked for Topshop Unique (left) and Victorias Secret (right)
  • SHARE PICTURE

+7
Jourdan Dunn walks the runway at the 2013 Victorias Secret Fashion Show at Lexington Avenue Armory in New York City
  • SHARE PICTURE

+7

Stellar career: Jourdan was first discovered by a model scout while out with friends and has since walked for Topshop Unique (left) and Victoria's Secret (right)

Dressed to impress: Mollie King showcased her incredible figure in form-fitting double denim as she posed up a storm in a positively flawless shoot for Maybelline cosmetics
  • SHARE PICTURE

+7

Join the club: Mollie King showcased her incredible figure in form-fitting double denim as she posed up a storm in a positively flawless shoot for Maybelline cosmetics when she was announced as an ambassador earlier this year

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2610466/Jourdan-Dunn-joins-Maybelline-model-family-23-year-old-Brit-latest-face-cosmetics-giant.html#ixzz2zhqxxK3l" rel="nofollow - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2610466/Jourdan-Dunn-joins-Maybelline-model-family-23-year-old-Brit-latest-face-cosmetics-giant.html#ixzz2zhqxxK3l
Follow us: http://ec.tynt.com/b/rw?id=bBOTTqvd0r3Pooab7jrHcU&u=MailOnline" rel="nofollow - @MailOnline on Twitter | http://ec.tynt.com/b/rf?id=bBOTTqvd0r3Pooab7jrHcU&u=DailyMail" rel="nofollow - DailyMail on Facebook

Replies:
Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 6:51am
The pic with her wearing the black and white shorts......

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 7:36am
She's only 23? congrats to her

Posted By: Missvw
Date Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 7:47am
Cool

Posted By: Ming
Date Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 7:52am
If only we could all snap back so well after giving birth

Posted By: herwoman
Date Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 7:58am

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 8:04am
Not surprised.. Jourdan's resume is great and she's lovely

Posted By: Faithfully2002
Date Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 8:22am
Clap

Posted By: bindy
Date Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 8:26am
Clap

Posted By: goodm3
Date Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 10:24am
Congrats to her! 

Posted By: Journey94
Date Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 10:27am
Cara is fug, congrats to Jourdan

Posted By: aNgElIc*SoUl
Date Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 11:27am
Didn't know she had a kid.

Posted By: thewonderfulwa
Date Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 12:24pm

Posted By: liesnalibis
Date Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 1:03pm
Hopefully she's replacing that clown Jessica White.

Posted By: keepgrowing
Date Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 1:14pm
Clap She is a great model and lovely. For some reason I thought she was older. 

Posted By: cicision
Date Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 1:22pm
Embarrassed yesss i love her she seems down to earth

Date Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

Hopefully she's replacing that clown Jessica White.

Jessica has carved her face so muchCry

Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 5:01pm

yay

wait she has a baby?

Posted By: Jess
Date Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 10:20pm
Clap

Posted By: Benni
Date Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 10:41pm
Beautiful Eyes

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 2:57am
They really want that black dollar

Posted By: Lilaca
Date Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 10:43am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

They really want that black dollar
CynicalKock

Posted By: naturesgift
Date Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 5:39pm
got her confused with Joan smalls
this pic makes her look like a.... YT woman!

Posted By: naturesgift
Date Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 5:45pm
they should start a school or something guess they still getting big

Date Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

yay

wait she has a baby?

he's like a toddler now...actually might be in kid status. 

Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 8:01pm
yikes^^

i wonder how she balances all of this at only 23

Posted By: liesnalibis
Date Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 8:11pm
It ain't like she ain't got money. My mom said some people like to get (having) their kids outta the way so they can move on to other things

Print Page | Close Window