Print Page | Close Window

Scandal on Scandal

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=370069
Printed Date: Oct 21 2017 at 8:09am

Topic: Scandal on Scandal
Posted By: Tbaby
Subject: Scandal on Scandal
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 2:59pm
Is this a repost?  Harrison took the gladiator role too far possibly...

Wife accuses 'Scandal ' actor Columbus Short of violence

By Alan Duke, CNN
updated 2:25 PM EDT, Thu April 17, 2014
Short plays Harrison Wright, a member of fixer Olivia Popes team, on the hit ABC series
Short plays Harrison Wright, a member of fixer Olivia Pope's team, on the hit ABC series "Scandal."
STORY HIGHLIGHTS
  • Tanee Short alleges three violent incidents with her husband in three months
  • Columbus Short was arrested at his home twice in February, wife says
  • A judge ordered the actor to stay away from his wife and home
  • He faces a felony battery charge from a fight in March

Los Angeles (CNN) -- Columbus Short's wife swears the "Scandal" actor threatened to kill her and himself with a knife last week.

The allegation is part of Tanee Short's affidavit filed Tuesday asking for a restraining order to keep her husband away from her and their 2-year-old daughter. She also filed for divorce from her husband of almost nine years, citing irreconcilable differences.

A judge signed a temporary restraining order and set a hearing for May 6 to decide whether it would be extended.

Columbus Short, 31, plays Harrison Wright, a member of fixer Olivia Pope's team, on the hit ABC series "Scandal." His representatives have not responded to several attempts by CNN to get a comment.

The actor has been to jail at least three times for violence in the past three months, according to court filings.Shocked

Tanee Short's sworn statement described an April 7 incident at the couple's Los Angeles County home when her husband allegedly was intoxicated and threatened to hit her with a wine bottle after he "dumped the wine on me."

He then "grabbed a knife from the kitchen" and "pinned me on the couch and began to choke me," she said. "He placed the knife close to my neck and threatened to kill me and then kill himself."

Her husband demanded they play "a game he called 'Truth or Truth'" in which he randomly listed "names of people we know and accused me of having an affair." He stabbed the couch or other furniture each time she denied an affair, she said.

Tanee Short said she grabbed her daughter, ran to her car and drove away. She realized after driving 2 miles that one of her tires had been slashed, she said.

The affidavit also described two alleged incidents of violence in February at the couple's home. In each instance, Columbus Short was taken to jail by police who responded to his wife's 911 call, the statement said.

The actor woke his wife on the morning of February 3 and choked her before chasing her around the house and "constantly threatening me," she said.

He "pushed me and started screaming that I need to leave" during a February 18 argument, she said. She called police with her nanny's cell phone after her husband shattered her phone, according to the sworn statement.

Short was http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/26/showbiz/scandal-actor-columbus-short-arrested/index.html" rel="nofollow - charged with felony battery after a fight in which he allegedly punched and knocked out a man at a West Los Angeles restaurant last month, the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office said in a statement. He was released from jail on $50,000 bail.

Replies:
Posted By: Printer_Ink
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 3:03pm
He's a NUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted By: kfoxx1998
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 3:03pm
Why did I think Orlando was openly gay? Confused

I think I confused him with another actor. 

Anyway, it sounds like he might have some bipolar sh*t going on.  She needs to stay far away because the next time he might go all the way. 

Posted By: Bonjour baby ooowee
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 3:24pm
i closely associate him with his character he played " walter " in cadillac records movie something bout him in that role was VERY BELIVABLEShocked i just hope he gets help for his anger problems / mental disconnects ummm whatever is goin on babyboy go get help you're a GREAT actor and makin good money the way you want DONT BLOW IT!Wink

Posted By: mzsophisticated
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 3:26pm
That fool crazy as hell....welp we know who gonna die tonight

Posted By: mzsophisticated
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 3:29pm
Yall think they gonna write him off the show for this?

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 3:32pm
He been hanging around huck to long. OPA can't fix this one, he's getting the ax.

Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 3:34pm
Yes his career is doomed.  No one wants to work with a manic/wife beater/hot head. 
And I did really like his character, too.  I missed the last 2 episodes so need to catch up before tonite.

Posted By: liesnalibis
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 3:39pm
I been knew he was crazy ever since he split that dude's grill and people were acting like that shyt was awesome. F*ck him.

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 3:40pm
i was ready to be like idc he could still get it.. 
you gotta be crazy to fck with my crazy anyways… 

but then i decided to actually read… 
sigh.. some of that was a tad bit much bruh… 

Posted By: Princess Grace
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 3:45pm
I hope he gets the help he needs and doesn't lose his job over it.

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 3:49pm
Looks like we're never going to know Harrison's story and how Olivia "saved" him. Damn...I was still banking on them being siblings.

Posted By: ShadyLady
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 3:54pm
I wonder why he waited 9 years to nut up...

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 3:56pm
they cant get rid of him…. 

they wont. it wouldnt be the same without him. 
i refuse to entertain that. 

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

Why did I think Orlando was openly gay? Confused

I think I confused him with another actor. 

Anyway, it sounds like he might have some bipolar sh*t going on.  She needs to stay far away because the next time he might go all the way. 

Lamp

Posted By: kfoxx1998
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by ShadyLady ShadyLady wrote:

I wonder why he waited 9 years to nut up...

If this really is what I think (Bipolar Personality Disorder) his age is exactly when it tends to be at its worst.  

He'll end up going to "rehab" which is sign for "I've hired an image consultant". 

Posted By: keepgrowing
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 4:05pm
Damn I heard he had domestic violence issues. This is sad. Hope his wife is safe.

Posted By: Princess Grace
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 4:10pm
I thought they were " seperated" , sorry to be the glass half empty girl but after his recent run ins with the law and punching people it would be the perfect timing to go public with his nonsense and get sympathy and leverage for a divorce.

Once someone shows you they are unstable and have a penchant for a can of whoop ass, you should leave then

Posted By: Ming
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 4:18pm
he has crazy eyes in that pic

I didn't hear all of this, I heard about the bar fight tho. I went to his instagram page before the bar fight and didn't see any pics of his wife or kids...

Posted By: Benni
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 8:36pm
Too bad and so sad. I can only hope theses is accusations are overinflated.

Posted By: Printer_Ink
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

I thought they were " seperated" , sorry to be the glass half empty girl but after his recent run ins with the law and punching people it would be the perfect timing to go public with his nonsense and get sympathy and leverage for a divorce.

Once someone shows you they are unstable and have a penchant for a can of whoop ass, you should leave then

Agreed.

She should walk and he should get killed off. I think this bahavior affacts the 'morals clause' in his contract.

Who would wanna work with a wife beater?

He flushed his own career down the toliet .. I have no sympathy.

Posted By: sweetskul
Date Posted: Apr 18 2014 at 1:23am
Did anybody hear his new song gave ya...its pretty good

Posted By: rell85
Date Posted: Apr 18 2014 at 2:00am
Now he's making money she want to leave...

Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 11:23am
Harrison is going to try to transition into a music career and fashion.  Hmmmm.....LOL

Columbus Short: I Feel 'Raw and Vulnerable' Right Now

Columbus Short: I Feel Raw and Vulnerable Right Now
Columbus Short
Jason Merritt/Getty

http://adclick.g.doubleclick.net/aclk%253Fsa%253DL%2526ai%253DBj4m8q35eU4i6IuPW0AHp5YHYCN740_MDAAAAEAEghsqSIDgAWJbV_ftRYMme5YzkpMATsgEOd3d3LnBlb3BsZS5jb226AQlnZnBfaW1hZ2XIAQnaAThodHRwOi8vd3d3LnBlb3BsZS5jb20vcGVvcGxlL2FydGljbGUvMCwsMjA4MDgwODMsMDAuaHRtbMACAuACAOoCES84NDg0L2NtLnBlby9uZXdz-AKC0h6QA6QDmAPgA6gDAdAEkE7gBAGgBiA%2526num%253D0%2526sig%253DAOD64_0MoxG1quQYQZP275uHbnrKDSxy9A%2526client%253Dca-pub-9429333939093255%2526adurl%253Dhttps%3a%2f%2fsubscription.people.com/storefront/subscribe-to-people/link/1016220.html?fpa_adid=39769694&fpa_crid=22003280534" rel="nofollow">

http://adclick.g.doubleclick.net/aclk%253Fsa%253DL%2526ai%253DBj4m8q35eU4i6IuPW0AHp5YHYCN740_MDAAAAEAEghsqSIDgAWJbV_ftRYMme5YzkpMATsgEOd3d3LnBlb3BsZS5jb226AQlnZnBfaW1hZ2XIAQnaAThodHRwOi8vd3d3LnBlb3BsZS5jb20vcGVvcGxlL2FydGljbGUvMCwsMjA4MDgwODMsMDAuaHRtbMACAuACAOoCES84NDg0L2NtLnBlby9uZXdz-AKC0h6QA6QDmAPgA6gDAdAEkE7gBAGgBiA%2526num%253D0%2526sig%253DAOD64_0MoxG1quQYQZP275uHbnrKDSxy9A%2526client%253Dca-pub-9429333939093255%2526adurl%253Dhttps%3a%2f%2fsubscription.people.com/storefront/subscribe-to-people/link/1016220.html?fpa_adid=39769694&fpa_crid=22003280534" rel="nofollow - PEOPLE MAGAZINE

Subscribe for http://adclick.g.doubleclick.net/aclk%253Fsa%253DL%2526ai%253DBj4m8q35eU4i6IuPW0AHp5YHYCN740_MDAAAAEAEghsqSIDgAWJbV_ftRYMme5YzkpMATsgEOd3d3LnBlb3BsZS5jb226AQlnZnBfaW1hZ2XIAQnaAThodHRwOi8vd3d3LnBlb3BsZS5jb20vcGVvcGxlL2FydGljbGUvMCwsMjA4MDgwODMsMDAuaHRtbMACAuACAOoCES84NDg0L2NtLnBlby9uZXdz-AKC0h6QA6QDmAPgA6gDAdAEkE7gBAGgBiA%2526num%253D0%2526sig%253DAOD64_0MoxG1quQYQZP275uHbnrKDSxy9A%2526client%253Dca-pub-9429333939093255%2526adurl%253Dhttps%3a%2f%2fsubscription.people.com/storefront/subscribe-to-people/link/1016220.html?fpa_adid=39769694&fpa_crid=22003280534" rel="nofollow - instant access to PEOPLE

Judging from the group of people who flocked into Hollywood's Couture lounge on Thursday night, it's clear Columbus Short has a slew of supporters.

But following the release of some http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20807812,00.html" rel="nofollow - court documents filed on Tuesday by his now-estranged, wife Tuere Tanee Short, that claim (among other things) that he threatened to kill her, the Scandal star, 31, is geared up for what's ahead with his reputation.

"To be honest with you, I'm feeling raw, focused, vulnerable and in a perfect place to write great music," he told PEOPLE as he was promoting the new single, "Gave You," off his upcoming album. "God's been preparing me for a long time to deal with this season of my life. Being able to have thick skin is something that is needed."

And although aware of why he's in the public eye at the moment, Short generally doesn't pay attention to news centered on him.

"You want to know the truth? I don't read anything," he says. "I don't read the good stuff and I don't read the bad stuff, because if I read the good stuff, I've got to read the bad stuff. I don't allow myself to make agreements with nonsense so I just don't take it in."

Adds Short, "I block it and I make sure my team knows, don't even show me stuff – because unless it's real, I don't even want to see it, I don't even want to talk about it, because you never know where stuff is coming from and you make an agreement with a lie."

If the actor was feeling any negativity, it surely did not show, as the fans who came out also got a chance to watch Scandal's season finale on a big screen with an all-smiles Short in the audience, who even got up on occasion to give a shout-out to the crowd.

Moving forward, Short, who plans to feature BJ McKnight, Musiq Soulchild, YG and Brandy on his upcoming album, already has his next business venture in mind.

"I'm trying to do a line for Middle America – those gladiators out there who want to dress like Harrison [Wright], but can't afford it," he says, referring to his character on ABC's hit series. "There's a way to do it. Back in the day, black young men felt like a million dollars with a haircut and a suit jacket, so that's all we need, so that's what my focus is."

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 11:25am
that line would have been a good idea HAD HE STAYED ON SCANDAL
bc then he would have easily promoted it on GMA and all the other ABC stations

Not surprised about the music--remember he's a dancer

Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 11:38am
^^ IA Pity, he really was just about to take off in his career.  I didn't know he was an accomplished choreographer as well.  The guy has talent--alot of it--but his demons are causing him to crash and burn.

Columbus might be able to recover.  I can't think of the guy's name, but he was a convicted felon and now has made several movies and atleast 2 TV series so its possible.  The guy who played santa in some films, and was a hardware sales guy on TV--whatshisname?  Jayz was a drug dealer...

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 11:43am
Originally posted by Tbaby Tbaby wrote:

^^ IA Pity, he really was just about to take off in his career.  I didn't know he was an accomplished choreographer as well.  The guy has talent--alot of it--but his demons are causing him to crash and burn.

Columbus might be able to recover.  I can't think of the guy's name, but he was a convicted felon and now has made several movies and atleast 2 TV series so its possible.  The guy who played santa in some films, and was a hardware sales guy on TV--whatshisname?  Jayz was a drug dealer...

Yeah it's a shame....he can act, dance, and sing. I am sure he can design things--he seems to be a true creative but that kind always seems to have demons don't they?

He was good friends with that actor who recently killed himself---that guy from Nickelodeon...idk

Posted By: f8dagrate
Date Posted: May 03 2014 at 3:13am

Columbus and Flyod act alikeSleepy

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: May 03 2014 at 5:53am
He just made himself look worse...he brought another woman into the home, what would anyone do? We don't know what the other woman said or did.

Posted By: Ming
Date Posted: May 03 2014 at 6:58am
is that him asking is she's ok? he sounds Confused

Date Posted: May 03 2014 at 7:39am
So he asks his gf to come to his house?  Then he records the confrontation instead of breaking them up?  He's a dog...a real loser that's what the video proves.

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: May 03 2014 at 11:19am
Oh wow.

And this is why he is now unemployed and will be beggin' for Stomp the Yard: Prison Story to be made. Fcukin' loser.

Posted By: *M. Gurl *
Date Posted: May 03 2014 at 11:50am
This dude is clearly on drugs

Posted By: JamCaygirl
Date Posted: May 03 2014 at 1:32pm
Kerry had her baby and didnt tell a soul!

I love her style

Posted By: liesnalibis
Date Posted: May 03 2014 at 3:04pm
So he a bitch ass nicca.

Posted By: thewonderfulwa
Date Posted: May 03 2014 at 3:30pm
So I heard Larenz Tate is replacing him on Scandal

Posted By: Bored w/Out Me?
Date Posted: May 03 2014 at 4:06pm
Larenz, I can see him being a Gladiator...
He will fit well!

Posted By: Katrenia
Date Posted: May 03 2014 at 4:20pm
Why is the wife telling the girlfriend "I just saved your life" in that video?

Print Page | Close Window