Print Page | Close Window

The new black does not blame white people for our

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=370058
Printed Date: Dec 16 2017 at 8:08am

Topic: The new black does not blame white people for our
Posted By: afrokock
Subject: The new black does not blame white people for our
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 2:20am
The new black does not blame white people for our issues. The new black dreams and realises it's not about "pigmentation" it's a mentality. It's either going to work for you or against you.

-pharrell

We gonn' talk bout this or nah?

Replies:
Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 2:25am
u didn't kno he was on that stuff? yea, he gon

same man who prides himself on being the only Black artist on the Billboard top 100 in all of 2013 as if that was his biggest accomplishment... being accepted by the whitewashed masses when he was  the main reason pop music existed in the late 90's early 00's Confused

Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 2:25am
Pharrell, sit down.

Posted By: naturesgift
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 2:31am
What is the NEW BLACK?

Posted By: Cocoa
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 2:33am

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 2:38am
A lot of niqqas think this way smh

Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 2:43am
On the internet, this is the new black
https://31.media.tumblr.com/1bacc27adb6d82e5ea1ae0d456ff360d/tumblr_inline_myi0teyXbb1r12si9.gif

Posted By: newdiva1

Posted By: Mixer
afro is going to finally make BHM implode into itself.

Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 2:52am
Originally posted by Mixer Mixer wrote:

what I do?

Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 3:15am
I want him to stop talking.
I like his music so this is really setting up an internal conflict.

Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 3:40am
Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

I want him to stop talking.
I like his music so this is really setting up an internal conflict.
same

Posted By: Princess Grace
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 5:00am
My son downloaded that song happy and my side eye was activated ConfusedHe can keep on thinking he part of some new black movement if he wants too, him and John Legend  give off that vibe to me.

If the rest of yall would just quit being angry , you could be on Ellen with a new shiny hat too,CryCry

Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 8:17am
Say no to new blacks

Posted By: Princess Grace
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 8:19am
They can call themselves the new blacks all they want but on a dark street the OLD whites are still going to cross the street and lock their car doors.

Posted By: beautiful-stranger
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 8:24am
I agree with him, while you can't change anyone else's mentality you can change your own and your circumstance. I see nothing wrong with telling people to get off their ass and start taking responsibility for your own success or failure. 

Posted By: bunzaveli
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 8:31am
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

he was  the main reason pop music existed in the late 90's early 00's Confused

que ?

Posted By: nekamarie83
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 8:41am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

We gonn' talk bout this or nah?

But good for him, his oversimplified premise and his success.

Now toddle off and go get some more hats.

Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 8:47am
It's weird because I live my life in a way that really considers whites as irrelevant.
The problem is, as I'm going along my merry way, they have a bad habit of injecting THEIR prejudices and biases in my life.
I would love nothing more for them to be a non factor in my life whatsoever.

It must be a strange place, where he lives. Whites don't systematically discriminate and all the black women are biracial.

Posted By: ThoughtCouture
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 9:03am
^^^  giiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirl.  thanked.

Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 9:04am
oh and stfu pharrel.  just bang out beats, please and thanks.

Posted By: beautiful-stranger
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 9:09am
So is the reason for people being upset at this is because it removes responsibility for failure from the black community ? 

Posted By: Az~Maverick
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 9:13am
That big ass hat must have sucked up all his brain cells.

Posted By: yurika975
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 9:17am
Originally posted by beautiful-stranger beautiful-stranger wrote:

I agree with him, while you can't change anyone else's mentality you can change your own and your circumstance. I see nothing wrong with telling people to get off their ass and start taking responsibility for your own success or failure. 
There isn't anything wrong with encouraging self reliance and initiative. However this isn't what this is. It's respectability politics. Oh if you blacks weren't so angry and lazy then whites wouldn't be racist and discriminate against you. There are whites, Latinos, Asian, you name it that are lazy. However politicians don't routinely recommended and rally for shiftless whites to be shipped back to Europe. It's always Welfare blacks and never welfare whites. Heck Pres Obama is one of the most intelligent presidents we have had. He routinely has his intelligence and office questioned and disrespected. Our local news was doing a story about Potus and other former pres speaking for an event. It was former pres, former pres, former pres. and MR Obama.

Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 9:24am
Retro blk got sh!t done

Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 9:28am

So is the reason for people being upset at this is because it removes responsibility for failure from the black community ? 

first of all he isn't expressing anything new.  he isn't even addressing the black community.  he is addressing other modern day house kneegrows.  sit down...Sleepy

Posted By: creole booty
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 9:31am

Because the blame IS on white people. We can't break into a system that's routinely holding us back. Our educational system is worse, our neighborhoods aren't maintained equally, it's harder to get the jobs that do exist ...and why? Because white people, even at the lowest level, discriminate. Once that changes, more blacks will have opportunitues.

This ain't new, it's the same ol post reconstruction, smiling, I's happy for my freedoms massa negro. He has a LITTLE more opportunity because he's been accepted due to his own hard work mixed with luck, now he can act brand new like it was his black mentality, and not his black skin that made it more difficult than his white counterparts.

Read "Dreams of my Father" by Barack. We need a new America, not new black.

Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 9:33am
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

Retro blk got sh!t done

please manufacture a t-shirt.  i'll buy it...LOL

Posted By: SimplyPut
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 9:33am
Originally posted by yurika975 yurika975 wrote:

There isn't anything wrong with encouraging self reliance and initiative. However this isn't what this is. It's respectability politics. Oh if you blacks weren't so angry and lazy then whites wouldn't be racist and discriminate against you. There are whites, Latinos, Asian, you name it that are lazy. However politicians don't routinely recommended and rally for shiftless whites to be shipped back to Europe. It's always Welfare blacks and never welfare whites. Heck Pres Obama is one of the most intelligent presidents we have had. He routinely has his intelligence and office questioned and disrespected. Our local news was doing a story about Potus and other former pres speaking for an event. It was former pres, former pres, former pres. and MR Obama.

I think the problem with what he said is the way people interpreted it, because I didn't get any of that. I feel like he's saying that it's up to the black community to take hold of themselves and create their own avenues. white man won't give you a job, then make one. White man won't sell you a house, then build one. I think he's just saying don't use the issues of the white man as an excuse or diversion from the failures of the black community. Most of those welfare stereo-types you stated I hear blacks spout about each other the most.

Posted By: SimplyPut
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 9:36am
Originally posted by creole booty creole booty wrote:

Because the blame IS on white people. We can't break into a system that's routinely holding us back. Our educational system is worse, our neighborhoods aren't maintained equally, it's harder to get the jobs that do exist ...and why? Because white people, even at the lowest level, discriminate. Once that changes, more blacks will have opportunitues.

This ain't new, it's the same ol post reconstruction, smiling, I's happy for my freedoms massa negro. He has a LITTLE more opportunity because he's been accepted due to his own hard work mixed with luck, now he can act brand new like it was his black mentality, and not his black skin that made it more difficult than his white counterparts.

Read "Dreams of my Father" by Barack. We need a new America, not new black.

He didn't condone white behavior or state that his struggle for success was as easy as a the white man's. He just addressed the fact that is possible.

Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 9:38am
Ill also add that retro blk had more self awareness. Even some of those who did co-mingle with white people. They realize the social dynamics that were in place that prevent prosperity within the AA community. Recognizing this does not remove our responsibility to ourselves to rise above. On the same note ignoring its existence brings no benefit.

Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 9:41am
of course it is possible.  we have a black president (who has a black wife and black children).  duh.  that does not mean that he can/should attempt to attribute his and other black peoples success/failure to the fact that he/they simply mentally don't/do see color...foh (pharrel).

Posted By: ThatGurlD
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 9:58am
Shame on Pharell and shame on these new blacks.  There is a difference between blaming whites and understanding your history and how it has shaped the present-day realities that the average black person lives out.  

I've heard these new blacks say 'that was whites of old not my friend Becky' but Becky damn sure cashes her privilege checks while side-eyeing your lack thereof.  Do mothers really think the state of the black community is wholly due to self-sabatoge?  Is this real life?  Maybe I could identify if I was born in 1992 or into money.  Nice beats or not there will be no Phawrong music in this house.  

Does it ever occur to people that they may have been in the right place at the right time or knew the right people?  Do people really believe all of their successes are a result of their flawlessness?  FOH  

Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 10:01am
Respectability and accountability politics

He doesn't want to shame his new friends

Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 10:05am
Exactamundo Afro. We are told to get over it. They don't want to acknowledge their privilege, let alone give it up. Many would hop out a window if they had to be subjected to stop and frisky for a day. 

Posted By: Katrenia
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 10:06am
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

A lot of niqqas think this way smh

A lot of niqqas who feel they'll never be touch by poverty or never have a shortage go funds, think this way.

Posted By: whosbotheringme
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 10:06am
Originally posted by ThatGurlD ThatGurlD wrote:

Shame on Pharell and shame on these new blacks.  There is a difference between blaming whites and understanding your history and how it has shaped the present-day realities that the average black person lives out.  

I've heard these new blacks say 'that was whites of old not my friend Becky' but Becky damn sure cashes her privilege checks while side-eyeing your lack thereof.  Do mothers really think the state of the black community is wholly due to self-sabatoge?  Is this real life?  Maybe I could identify if I was born in 1992 or into money.  Nice beats or not there will be no Phawrong music in this house.  

Does it ever occur to people that they may have been in the right place at the right time or knew the right people?  Do people really believe all of their successes are a result of their flawlessness?  FOH  

Well Clarence - Old New Negro Yassir Bawse I'll Fetch That For You Suh - Thomas has spent years trying to undermine systems that put his ass where HE is.  So yeah.

Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 10:18am
Be flawless.  Be humble.  Be grateful.  Take credit for yours but don't be so naive to think you did it alone.  Everyone has someone who listened to them vent, believed when no one else did, helped them through a hard time, etc.  Be like Thomas if you want to but the true black ain't trying to.

Posted By: Derri
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 10:20am
I hear what you're saying Pharrell, and i'ma let you finish..except for when the new black wants to play the old white's game. Then we go right back to pigmentation and a system created out of fear, set up for the new black to fail all the same.

Peep the flex though, the new black doesn't want to focus on black.

Lmao.
Bye Pharrell. I think i want to bring my melanin to my new mentality.

Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 10:21am
Undermining the system that put them where they are is exactly what these neonegroes are doing.  

Posted By: fckwitmeuknoigotit
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 10:27am
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

oh and stfu pharrel.  just bang out beats, please and thanks.

Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 10:49am

Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 10:51am

Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 10:51am
*boom*

Posted By: kfoxx1998
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 10:55am
I can't even do this today.  I just canNOT.

Posted By: AmiliaCabral
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 11:00am
In the words of Uncle Ruckus, "Don't fucc with them new niccas"

Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 11:05am
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

he will have another nicca moment

then we will see what he has to say
BOOM!

Posted By: nekamarie83
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 11:07am
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

he will have another nicca moment

then we will see what he has to say
totally!!  

Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 11:13am
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

I can't even do this today.  I just canNOT.
Hug

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 11:15am
"no new blacks, no new blacks, no new blacks no, no, no." New Black is a new term used to refer to the people previously known as uncle toms. There's nothing new about this concept.

Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 11:16am
Originally posted by AshBash89 AshBash89 wrote:

"no new blacks, no new blacks, no new blacks no, no, no." 
LOLDead

Posted By: gabi03
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 11:16am

BOOM! This is exactly what I thought when I read his comment... foh Phawrong (thanks ThatGurlD, i'm stealing this LOL)

Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 11:19am
You have to play nice with the hands that feed you.
You have to sell yourself and abandon yourself publicly. You have to humiliate yourself first, infront of those who deeply feel inadequate, for the sole purpose of keeping up the charade and pretence of superiority.

And the rabbit hole is far much deeper, because what he doesn't know is that money is not real, and all who adopt the illusion of money is also being led astray, including the ones who created the illusion, because they know that they need this illusion for the very survival of their sense of identity.
How long can they run from the reality that they are just a by product of us? They do not exist separately.
Oh man. Life is great from the observer's pov. I don't think i'd want a piece of that devil's pie even for free.

Posted By: Rumbera
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 11:21am
http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&docid=y-x6s7ATQ0hDBM&tbnid=ITodYcLVsApPhM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fflowtv.org%2F2008%2F10%2Frequiem-for-a-king-something-about-berniebambi-haggins-university-of-michigan%2F&ei=Gf9PU5ivCIyLyASbnoH4CA&bvm=bv.64764171,d.aWc&psig=AFQjCNGjllsTgJ9LkjOmHh7jlh4Cee7GdA&ust=1397837964379718" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 11:21am
There was an era (when I was in middle school and hs) when Pharrell was the producer for damn near allll the pop hits on the Billboard top 20

The fact that he gets pride from being the only nicca to have a song in the Billboard top 100 is... kinda weird

Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

he was  the main reason pop music existed in the late 90's early 00's Confused

que ?

Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 11:22am
Where is that gif from Why did I get married? I agree with the sentiment of not being like those negroes. Some don't help others. They get in, lock the door, pull the shades, and then comment about other's throwing shade. 

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 11:23am
Wow...so now he is re defining the "new" black? Like who told him we were done with the original new negro movement.

Posted By: Rumbera
http://flowtv.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/mac4.png" rel="nofollow">mac4

Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

You have to sell yourself and abandon yourself publicly. You have to humiliate yourself first, infront of those who deeply feel inadequate, for the sole purpose of keeping up the charade and pretence of superiority.

And the rabbit hole is far much deeper, because what he doesn't know is that money is not real, and all who adopt the illusion of money is also being led astray, including the ones who created the illusion, because they know that they need this illusion for the very survival of their sense of identity.
How long can they run from the reality that they are just a by product of us? They do not exist separately.
Oh man. Life is great from the observer's pov. I don't think i'd want a piece of that devil's pie even for free.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  there are not enough thanks i can give for this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Heart

Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 11:24am
I wish i had Twitter so i could trend #newblack.

Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 11:24am
My thoughts on Respectability Politics in a nutshell...

I Hate It When People Post This Picture

http://teddythemonster.tumblr.com/post/82583364177/i-hate-it-when-people-post-this-picture" rel="nofollow - teddythemonster :

and think that there was EVER a period in time when they respected us.

for every other reason

besides saggy pants!!

oh nah… keep listening to people who preach self hate because the world respects THE out of black people in a suit and tie.

no matter what you do, say or dress like they’ll continue to do sh*t like

there’s no such thing as black empowerment while still shaming black people.

Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 11:37am
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

I wish i had Twitter so i could trend #newblack.
they had some gems

but those two were so on point

Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 11:38am
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  there are not enough thanks i can give for this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Heart

I am so glad that you understand these words, TC
(Because I wonder if I sound crazy)

Posted By: nebhnebh
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 11:49am
Ermm

Posted By: pinkecube
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 1:00pm
Quote The new black does not blame white people for our issues. The new black dreams and realises it's not about "pigmentation" it's a mentality. It's either going to work for you or against you.

-pharrell

I think the point he was trying to make was too indepth, complicated, and important to be said in such a short, oversimplified, over-generalized way that stinks up what could be a powerful message.

He has a point that the mentality is a huge part of stagnancy in the black community. But the system creates that mentality,  from the media, people in our environment, and the actual government system. it was not always like this but that is what the system created. It doesn't mean we can't empower ourselves and break free of it, but it's foolish thinking to act like it is completely under our control either. Awareness, acknowledgement, and understanding of that is the way, not denial and delusion.

Black communtiy gets a smidget of opportunity, really no more than anybody else does-- actually most of the time less. The major difference is we are a minority, and the system is actively pushing against us, while favoring whites. This system is on all levels, the media, socially, in jobs, even the white house. (Look at how they have shat all over our president, and people look at the blatant disrespect and hindering of everything he tries to get through with dead eyes)

It just shows that even if you do improve your personal success, you can't go outside the black community barrier or actively contribute too much good to the community-- else the support you think you have from the popular media will vanish in thin air, like the rug being pulled out from under you. What you do must be in line with their agenda.the media also controls a lot of people's mentalities and priorities, and the mentalities of people in their environment. That's why black ppl need to break away from the media.

we should be teaching others especially young ones that from the beginning, you pretty much are trying to run against the wind. Mindset changes are important, it's the only thing we have control over, what we prioritize, and our strategy heading toward life. We cannot afford but to take full advantage of it, because there are too many factors against us. My parents are from africa and this is the mindset africans have and teach their children when they come to america. The black community needs to do the same, and teach the children this same mindset so they can break out of the poverty barrier-- they are at the same disadvantage as foreigners(if not worse) in this country.

You basically as a black person cannot afford but to try extremely hard all your life, and take advantage of every opportunity you have access to. This would in total be the only way to improve the black community, because the system will never help us, as long as it stays this way. we have to fight for everything. as long as the root of the problem(the system) isn't changed, it makes getting opportunity very difficult, because the system is actively working against us. To try and ignore that and undermine how hard you have to work and persistent you have to be as a normal person of color to be successful is foolish.

People in his position got there too easy, and are living the easy life because they are rich and that's why they don't understand the system. They got lucky and don't really have any experience. basically their spoilt brats, like everyone is these days. I am saying this and i'm only 20.

I like that post about retro blacks getting sh*t done, because they really did. Now adays we sprinkle a few rich blacks in the mix to influence normal blacks who aren't living the easy life to sit satisfied like sheep. I will not be turned into a sheeple. Thumbs Down

Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 1:03pm
great analysis pinkecube

Posted By: BeatriceBean
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 1:13pm
Despite all of the accolades he receives from white people, I see that he's still shooting for the ni99er of the year. For shame.

Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 1:15pm
Everyone needs to listen to Dr. Joy DeGruy's lecture on Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome and Cognitive Dissonance

It's absolutely excellent

I just realized she's the same lady from this video

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 1:19pm
He gone learn shortly.

He's going to steal the beat from a non-Black artist's song without getting permission, they're going to sue him, yts will turn on him and he'll be left with the 'old Blacks' again.Ermm

Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 1:19pm
i wouldnt say pharrell got there too easy

but i would say his level of comfort now has made him amnesic bout his humble beginnings

Posted By: eanaj5
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 1:21pm

I hear what you're saying Pharrell, and i'ma let you finish..except for when the new black wants to play the old white's game. Then we go right back to pigmentation and a system created out of fear, set up for the new black to fail all the same.

Peep the flex though, the new black doesn't want to focus on black.

Lmao.
Bye Pharrell. I think i want to bring my melanin to my new mentality.

I hearby declare that this be the new 'Bye Felicia' Clap

Posted By: Starrygurl
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 1:31pm
He needs to take his light skin ass wannabe skater? self and go sit in the delusional corner.Sleepy And I used to like some of his stuff.
He's a coon in training. Most white people suck, once in a while a person may find a few that
aren't dumb asses or high and mighty. Just because he's close to white, doesn't make him right. WTH I am saying?! Yeah anyways he need to stop it.LOL

Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 1:32pm

Everyone needs to listen to Dr. Joy DeGruy's lecture on Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome and Cognitive Dissonance

I watched the shorter one first and thank you for posting this.Thumbs UpClap After watching it she hit the nail on the head. If the black person speaks about the injustice its "you're too hyper sensitive" or "reverse racism". All bullsh*t. It's like we don't have the right to point out our own injustices, or it becomes "that black person who is just whining all the time". This is the kind of crap we are dealing with now. Even other blacks are being fooled by it, this recent societal pressure to not speak up about something that is clearly racist or offensive. We now encourage each other to shut up. It's some weird psychological brainwash that we don't have the right to speak up when we have been wronged-- and even when you do speak up, everyone has been trained to deafen their ears to it when it comes from the mouth of the person who actually experiences it. Then we get called the angry black woman, the aggressive black man, the reverse racist.

I'm watching through the first video(the long one) and it's very interesting. "Culture is a huge part of creating a stable human being" Her message really resonates with me. I'm agreeing with everything she's saying, gonna watch the entire thing.

Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by Starrygurl Starrygurl wrote:

He needs to take his light skin ass wannabe skater self and go sit in the delusional corner.Sleepy And I used to like some of his stuff.
He's a coon in training. Most white people suck, once in a while a person may find a few that
aren't dumb asses or high and mighty. Just because he's close to white, doesn't make him right. WTH I am saying?! Yeah anyways he need to stop it.LOL

girl...pharell aint neva been yellow Confused

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 1:38pm
Not neva.

Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 1:38pm
Will we be there for his new black tears? 

Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 1:39pm
Pharrell has done what the typical fund inflated negro does...get amnesia and the 'get like me' syndrome. Spitting into the faces of the very people who helped him rise to the top.

Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

I watched the shorter one first and thank you for posting this.Thumbs UpClap After watching it she hit the nail on the head. If the black person speaks about the injustice its "you're too hyper sensitive" or "reverse racism". All bullsh*t. It's like we don't have the right to point out our own injustices, or it becomes "that black person who is just whining all the time". This is the kind of crap we are dealing with now. Even other blacks are being fooled by it, this recent societal pressure to not speak up about something that is clearly racist or offensive. We now encourage each other to shut up. It's some weird psychological brainwash that we don't have the right to speak up when we have been wronged-- and even when you do speak up, everyone has been trained to deafen their ears to it when it comes from the mouth of the person who actually experiences it. Then we get called the angry black woman, the aggressive black man, the reverse racist.

I'm watching through the first video(the long one) and it's very interesting. "Culture is a huge part of creating a stable human being" Her message really resonates with me. I'm agreeing with everything she's saying, gonna watch the entire thing.

I heard of her before and watch some.  There is this old white lady I know, the who did that black, white doll test I think, but currently did something with college students. And one white girl walk out crying.LOL

Posted By: Mixer
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 2:13pm

Originally posted by Mixer Mixer wrote:

what I do?
You know BHM's righteous fury will be the end of it one day.LOL

Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 2:22pm

not for new blacks

Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 2:24pm

Originally posted by eanaj5 eanaj5 wrote:

He needs to take his light skin ass wannabe skater self and go sit in the delusional corner.Sleepy And I used to like some of his stuff.

girl...pharell aint neva been yellow Confused

LOL I feel like I am drunk silly or something, so ignore that part. Well he's something.

Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 2:25pm

not for new blacks

You don't think there will be some vague sweeping apology for our interpretation of his bullsh*t?  He's been crying a lot lately on TV, what if he cries when he apologizes?  

Posted By: GoodGirlGoneGr8
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 2:47pm
His mentality is so devoid of any connection with reality.

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 2:48pm
Can wait to sip on some of these New Black tears.....bet they are delish....

Posted By: nebhnebh
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 3:02pm

I just realized she's the same lady from this video

I watched both videos.  Thanks for posting this Alias.

Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 3:08pm
[QUOTE=Alias_Avi]Everyone needs to listen to Dr. Joy DeGruy's lecture on Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome and Cognitive Dissonance

This was a great presentation.  Wish I could have seen the slides.  We need so much more of this.  More people brave enough to talk about the chains and recognize that being American and being white is not synonymous.  More people to say we are absolutely incredible.  As wonderful as my parents have been I see their PTSS.  Thanks Av.

Posted By: Traylee
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 3:16pm

"However politicians don't routinely recommended and rally for shiftless whites to be shipped back to Europe. It's always Welfare blacks and never welfare whites. Heck Pres Obama is one of the most intelligent presidents we have had."

Lawd, tell it! I get so sick and damn tired of people like Rep. Paul Ryan claiming “inner city poverty” results from folks who’ve refused to work for generations. They claim those “urban people” would rather live off the government than earn an honest day’s pay. They talk about how crack cocaine has destroyed the black community.

You never, ever hear those same people talking about rural whites in the same manner. Nope, those “good, hardworking Americans” have been dealt a raw deal, a bad hand; their poverty is a result of circumstances beyond their control. You never hear those same folks complain about the various types of addiction that have ravaged parts of Eastern KY.  For them, poor people in Eastern KY are poor because of something that was done TO them; poor people in NOLA are poor because of something they’ve done to themselves.

Pharrell is right that there are some issues that are our own, of our own making, but even those issues can be directly correlated to white privilege, domination, and the policies they’ve enacted. The last slave was freed in 1964, not 1865. We never got that 40 acres nor that mule. Instead, we got an additional 100 years of indentured servitude, terrorism, robbery, rape, and murder. There are big problems in the Black community, no doubt, but in a very short period of time we’ve come a mighty, mighty long way. 

Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by Traylee Traylee wrote:

"However politicians don't routinely recommended and rally for shiftless whites to be shipped back to Europe. It's always Welfare blacks and never welfare whites. Heck Pres Obama is one of the most intelligent presidents we have had."

Lawd, tell it! I get so sick and damn tired of people like Rep. Paul Ryan claiming “inner city poverty” results from folks who’ve refused to work for generations. They claim those “urban people” would rather live off the government than earn an honest day’s pay. They talk about how crack cocaine has destroyed the black community.

You never, ever hear those same people talking about rural whites in the same manner. Nope, those “good, hardworking Americans” have been dealt a raw deal, a bad hand; their poverty is a result of circumstances beyond their control. You never hear those same folks complain about the various types of addiction that have ravaged parts of Eastern KY.  For them, poor people in Eastern KY are poor because of something that was done TO them; poor people in NOLA are poor because of something they’ve done to themselves.

Pharrell is right that there are some issues that are our own, of our own making, but even those issues can be directly correlated to white privilege, domination, and the policies they’ve enacted. The last slave was freed in 1964, not 1865. We never got that 40 acres nor that mule. Instead, we got an additional 100 years of indentured servitude, terrorism, robbery, rape, and murder. There are big problems in the Black community, no doubt, but in a very short period of time we’ve come a mighty, mighty long way. 

Thumbs UpClap

Posted By: kfoxx1998
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 4:00pm
Hell yes Traylee!!

Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 4:06pm
*Insert church woman dancing gif*

Posted By: indiecat
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 4:10pm
what makes him so knowledgeable about this subject? he really needs to stop talking.

Posted By: sexyandfamous
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 4:27pm

The bolded is what I understood from his quote. Besides the fact that he may be a coon, a vampire, a _____________, he is right when he meant that you need to take responsability for your life.

Posted By: Lilaca
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 4:27pm
So Basically he's a glorified coon.

Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 4:28pm
Lilaca, place him down in the coon column.Stern Smile

Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by GoodGirlGoneGr8 GoodGirlGoneGr8 wrote:

His mentality is so devoid of any connection with reality.

That's because it isn't his reality. Why do you think that black boy who bought a belt at Barney's was harrassed by police as soon as he stepped out, and Jay Z got to work on designing something for Barneys? Because one was unknown and poor and the other is famous and black.
People become color blinded when they see money. Green is all they see.

Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 4:36pm

Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

I heard of her before and watch some.  There is this old white lady I know, the who did that black, white doll test I think, but currently did something with college students. And one white girl walk out crying.LOL

@starry - what was this test with college students about?

@pinkiecube - I see the "stop being so sensitive" all over the media. I hate reading the comments section on anything about blacks being discriminated or accusing someone of discrimination because they get sooo many nasty comments saying that blacks are too sensitive, they need to get over it, it's 2014, blablabla.

Posted By: Wildfire
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 4:37pm
see now, i cant even defend "Happy". 
Fool.

Posted By: fckwitmeuknoigotit
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 5:06pm

Posted By: Lilaca
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Lilaca, place him down in the coon column.Stern Smile
His Black card has been replaced with a 'coon' card, If ever he experiences racism, he must find a clear friend to defend him and confirm that it is racist, if this fails he will have to publicly admit to the black race that he was wrong and there is no new black in a twitter message, only then can the Centre for Coon control issue him with a provisional black card.

Lilaca
Chairwoman of the Cooning council
Centre of Cooning control
International Cooning department
Po Box- Aging slowly

Posted By: Ming
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 5:14pm
that really looked like it could be kobe and Stephen a smith lol

Print Page | Close Window