Print Page | Close Window

Hair Closure Difference???

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=370057
Printed Date: Oct 15 2019 at 9:40pm

Topic: Hair Closure Difference???
Posted By: DiorShowGirl
Subject: Hair Closure Difference???
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 2:16am
I took my daughter to the weave bar in philly and expected to pay the following below:

Royale $75

Sew In. Complete closure with
no hair left out.
Detailed cut and style

but somehow ended up paying $130.00 cause of what was needed to install the closure...can  someone please explain to me what is the difference of any closures? I bought my daughter  the hair with the closure or u can make it one of those invisible closures...the stylist had to use a net to install the hair for the lace closure to look real or whatever...Please someone explain to me what is the difference???? someone please explain to me what a lace closure is compared to any closures? i thought they were all the same and sadly i was mistaken...thanks

sorry for my overuse of the word closure here..LOL

$130
Lace/Silk Closure Install<<<<this is what i paid for instead of the above 75.00 one above..ConfusedCry

Replies:
Posted By: msjaim2
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 2:34am
Im thinking

This : http://stunningstylez.blogspot.com/2011/04/full-sew-in.html" rel="nofollow - http://stunningstylez.blogspot.com/2011/04/full-sew-in.html

Versus this:

http://longing4length.com/2013/02/how-to-install-a-lace-closure.html" rel="nofollow - http://longing4length.com/2013/02/how-to-install-a-lace-closure.html

Posted By: NJHairLuv
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 2:39am
Reading the advertisement, I would understand it to mean that the hair would be 'closed off' with a little, neat whirl on the top which is called a 'full sewn in weave'.

From what I infer from your post, you and your daughter walked  into the salon with weave+closure piece in hand which is totally different from that  $75 service. You misunderstood the advertisement.

Posted By: naturesgift
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 2:41am
The add is saying closure meaning there is NO HAIR left out! not alluding to a lace-closure~ I think that is where the confusion is coming in.

Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 2:48am
and also y do stylist's try to be slick and keep the extra hair???? I bought 2 packs and had to go back in and get the rest of the hair that wasn;t used and my daughter was saying where is the extra closure with the 2nd pack...I told her u go in and get it...LOLLOL  we just left then and she was complaining..lawd....

hope this ish holds the hell up for 130.00...used my "SOLD USED CAR $$$ FOR HER HAIR"...she paying me back when her return arrives...and it arrived today...WEDNESDAYBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smile!!!!!!!

Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 2:50am
closed full head weave

vs using lace closure

Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 2:51am
Originally posted by naturesgift naturesgift wrote:

The add is saying closure meaning there is NO HAIR left out! not alluding to a lace-closure~ I think that is where the confusion is coming in.

EXACTLY... no hair was left out for the 75.00 one and that is what we wanted..but with the closure being a Lace Closure made the price different to jump to 130.00...wth??? 

Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 2:57am
Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

Reading the advertisement, I would understand it to mean that the hair would be 'closed off' with a little, neat whirl on the top which is called a 'full sewn in weave'.

From what I infer from your post, you and your daughter walked  into the salon with weave+closure piece in hand which is totally different from that  $75 service. You misunderstood the advertisement.

i surely did....when we made the appt by computer i chose the 75.00 one thinking ...NO HAIR LEFT OUT AT ALL AND FULL SEWN IN WITH CLOSURE... but obviously it is totally different..they wanted to know if i was alright meaning u ok with the price change and of course i said yes...luckily i made a joke of it saying to my daughter " u so expensive and i can;t even claim u on taxes anymore"...good laughs there...LOLLOLLOL..but it was all good

Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 2:57am
there is a diff in technique that is why they charge more. depending on the style- but they should have been clear with you before the service began!

Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 3:04am
Originally posted by naturesgift naturesgift wrote:

there is a diff in technique that is why they charge more. depending on the style- but they should have been clear with you before the service began!

thank you....i need to step up my learning game of this hair closure stuff/installations etc...LOLLOL

.oh and by the way i found a closer bss that sells the 3D-Creation foundation...it is on Washington Lane...it is across the street from some seafood place and a Muslim Mosque...

it begins with a H....dang forgot the name of this place..

...did u try Ruby Kisses HD EXPRESS GEL EYELINER???

GURRRLLLL I need to get some more...$6.99...to me way better than UD'S eyeliner and so much cheaper..

Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 3:26am
Interesting. I just found out about RubyKisses today when I saw a lady with nice makeup on at the hair salon. I had just left the BSS and had glanced at an enormous Ruby Kisses display, but hadntbothered to look at it b/c Ialways assume that this Koream made/marketed towards Blacks makeup contains lead & pore clogging non-FDA approved ingredients lol

I will have to try some outSmile

Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 3:33am

Interesting. I just found out about RubyKisses today when I saw a lady with nice makeup on at the hair salon. I had just left the BSS and had glanced at an enormous Ruby Kisses display, but hadntbothered to look at it b/c Ialways assume that this Koream made/marketed towards Blacks makeup contains lead & pore clogging non-FDA approved ingredients lol

where in Jersey? I love this brand of makeup...do wish they had an online shopping website...

Confused at bolded part...now you have me worrying..LOLLOL...but so far pretty good...

Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 3:37am
Originally posted by DiorShowGirl DiorShowGirl wrote:

where in Jersey? I love this brand of makeup...do wish they had an online shopping website...

Confused at bolded part...now you have me worrying..LOLLOL...but so far pretty good...

downtown nwk, on market st btwn washington & broad st at 'Hairman' bssLOL

Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 3:40am

Originally posted by DiorShowGirl DiorShowGirl wrote:

downtown nwk, on market st btwn washington & broad st at 'Hairman' bssLOL

lawd...LOLLOL..thanks..will have to pay this girl who is from Jersey to take me there..LOL..would ask my sis in law but she acts like her ish don;t stink...Confused(she from jersey)

Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 3:49am
yeah, it is close to penn station, just a few blocks away. i bet that they havethe full ruby kisses line in the major cities in PA with large black populations tho...

Posted By: Brjasuga51
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 7:58am

Aight from what I read OP

the $75 closure ...it would be made by a stylist. Meaning the enclosed all the hair but do a little twirl thing they call a closure. And not only that it could be bought in the beauty supply...Bump and Saga carrys it
The $130 its because its an actual closure ...so hence it takes more work to get it flat and natural.
But those weave bars charge if they have to give u an extra braid...smh.They Charge extra for everything

Date Posted: Apr 18 2014 at 4:26am
Originally posted by Brjasuga51 Brjasuga51 wrote:

Aight from what I read OP

the $75 closure ...it would be made by a stylist. Meaning the enclosed all the hair but do a little twirl thing they call a closure. And not only that it could be bought in the beauty supply...Bump and Saga carrys it
The $130 its because its an actual closure ...so hence it takes more work to get it flat and natural.
But those weave bars charge if they have to give u an extra braid...smh.They Charge extra for everything

u noticed that also...charging for E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G.....yeah i got totally confused with that closure description....now i know...

i had made an appointment at the wrong Weave Bar location(West Philly) and went to the germantown location thinking i made the appt there...did you know they charged me $150.00 CAUSE OF THE WRONG LOCATION...I even made it on time to the Germantown one but at the wrong location...HOT MUTHA EFFIN DAYUM...they had no problem fitting my daughter in but______Confused

Print Page | Close Window