Print Page | Close Window

Teen convicted for recording bullies

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=369973
Printed Date: Jul 17 2018 at 8:37pm

Topic: Teen convicted for recording bullies
Posted By: tatee
Subject: Teen convicted for recording bullies
Date Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 12:19pm
he is white (for the white don't care)

Teen convicted of disorderly conduct for using iPad to record bullies tormenting him

By Scott Kaufman
Monday, April 14, 2014 8:14 EDT

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/04/14/teen-convicted-of-disorderly-conduct-for-using-ipad-to-record-bullies-tormenting-him/#" rel="nofollow - - -  
closeup portrait of a handsome young man on shutterstock

• http://www.printfriendly.com" rel="nofollow">Print Friendly and PDF
  • http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/04/14/teen-convicted-of-disorderly-conduct-for-using-ipad-to-record-bullies-tormenting-him/#" rel="nofollow">Email this page

A Pennsylvania mother whose learning-disabled son was http://triblive.com/news/allegheny/5941400-74/son-love-recording" rel="nofollow - convicted of disorderly conduct for recording his bullies while they tormented him demanded the judge reverse decision and the school district apologize.

Shea Love wondered why the school district contacted the police to discuss a violation of wiretap statutes instead of confronting the students who were bullying her son, a sophomore at South Fayette High School with attention deficit and an anxiety disorder.

“The whole thing has been a horrible nightmare,” Love http://triblive.com/news/allegheny/5941400-74/son-love-recording" rel="nofollow - told the Tribune-Review. “This whole ordeal has made my son miserable.”

On the recording — which the 15-year-old made on his iPad — one student can be heard telling another to pull Love’s son’s pants down. The teacher can be heard intervening, telling the students that they need to stop talking if their discussion isn’t about math.

A few minutes later, a loud slam can be heard, followed by the teacher telling students to sit down. “What? I was just trying to scare him,” one of the boys can be heard saying.

The 15-year-old said he made the recording “because I always felt like it wasn’t me being heard.”

“I wanted some help,” he continued. “This wasn’t just a one-time thing. This always happens every day in that class.”

Upon learning of the recording, South Fayette High School principal Scott Milburn and assistant principal Aaron Skrbin contacted Lieutenant Robert Kurta, asking that he come to the school because he believed there had been “a wiretapping incident.”

School district officials forced the student to erase the recording and ordered him to attend Saturday detention. Kurta charged him with disorderly conduct, but didn’t believe that the incident warranted a felony wiretapping charge, though according to court records, he was adamant the student had “committed a crime.”

South Fayette District Judge Maureen McGraw-Desmet found the student guilty, fined him $25 and ordered him to pay court costs.

The Tribune-Review attempted to contact both principal Milburn and assistant principal Skrbin to inquire as to the fate of the bullies heard in the recording, but they have not returned any phone calls.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/04/14/teen-convicted-of-disorderly-conduct-for-using-ipad-to-record-bullies-tormenting-him/#.U0vekJTjezQ

Replies:
Posted By: femmefatale85
Date Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 12:26pm
they should be ashamed of themselves

Posted By: thewonderfulwa
Date Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 12:49pm
He violated their rights...smh, what about his right to go to school & not be bullied this not confronting the real issue.

Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 12:59pm

they dumb as hell

So if he comes back and shoots the school up I hope he starts with them

Posted By: danieb23
Date Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 12:59pm
I bet the bullies know someone in a high position. This is some bull!! Wtf is wrong with people!?!

Posted By: GoodGirlGoneGr8
Date Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

they dumb as hell

So if he comes back and shoots the school up I hope he starts with them

^^Exactly.

And the school doesn't want to expose the piss poor job they're doing at controlling their students..

Posted By: liesnalibis
Date Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 1:22pm
wow...

Posted By: Ladycoils
Date Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 1:25pm
That's some BS 

Posted By: Majesty02
Date Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 1:30pm

This is sooooo sad. He did the right thing by recording those idiots! I hate bullies, and I pray the get what they deserve.

Posted By: Benni
Date Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 1:43pm
Just another case of punishing the victim.

Wonder what they are doing about the bullies.

But wiretapping though, how dare they

Posted By: Butta Cookie
Date Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 1:46pm
That's sad. He was doing the right thing but he got penalized. That's BS!

Posted By: Az~Maverick
Date Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 4:05pm
And they wonder why kids are going off in schools today. That's total BS.

Posted By: maysay1
Date Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

he is white (for the white don't care)

On the recording — which the 15-year-old made on his iPad — one student can be heard telling another to pull Love’s son’s pants down. The teacher can be heard intervening, telling the students that they need to stop talking if their discussion isn’t about math.

A few minutes later, a loud slam can be heard, followed by the teacher telling students to sit down. “What? I was just trying to scare him,” one of the boys can be heard saying.

And just for this I would be suing the school and have that child up on charges of conspiracy to commit rape and sexual assault.

I don't know what's wrong with these kids...why would you wanna pull someone's pants down? What kind of nasty mfer are you? Ugh.

Posted By: niecy
Date Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 4:46pm
Not that I condone it but I now see why kids go shooting up schools and such.

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

and when he goes back to school and starts taking out other students..................

they gone ack like they ain't know nothing was wrong.  like I said in another thread.  Alot of kids wild out because when they go for help they get blamed.  I sometimes wonder if these teachers n'sh*t were mean girls and bullies themselves in school.

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by Benni Benni wrote:

Just another case of punishing the victim.

Wonder what they are doing about the bullies.

But wiretapping though, how dare they

a gaddamn nothing.

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Apr 15 2014 at 1:02am
SMFH

We tell our kids to turn to adults for help and sh*t like this happens. No wonder some kids don't trust adults.

Posted By: rell85
Date Posted: Apr 15 2014 at 2:08am
Not right at all he gets bullied then when he gets the proof he gets in trouble...you'd think it would have been in his favor.

Print Page | Close Window