Print Page | Close Window

Christianity and dating.

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=369961
Printed Date: May 25 2018 at 12:50pm

Topic: Christianity and dating.
Posted By: sbrownie84
Subject: Christianity and dating.
Date Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 8:10pm
How does it work? Any Christians who met their husbands outside of church? Any Christian relationships gone wrong within the church?

Replies:
Posted By: f8dagrate
Date Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by sbrownie84 sbrownie84 wrote:

How does it work? Any Christians who met their husbands outside of church? Any Christian relationships gone wrong within the church?

LOL You and Naturegirl remind me of each other.

Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 8:16pm
brownie whats up with all these threads?? Where ya boyfriend at??

Date Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 8:17pm
Wouldn't do it, it can get messy if so date outside of your church. Date at a church that your church fellowships with. By your post your belief system isn't very stable, so you should probably date someone who isn't a strict Christian.

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 8:30pm
I didn't know it was so serious.

Posted By: maysay1
Date Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 8:37pm
I like how the Du rs date...which is to say...they don't date, they court.

Posted By: Benni
Date Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 8:40pm
I have been lucky enough to have met, and marry men of my Religion. Did not not meet them in Church though.

That's a tough one.

Posted By: iliveforbhm
Date Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

I didn't know it was so serious.

It actually is pretty serious and people do trip. LOL

And to the question, it's better to date at your church so no issues on whose church to go to and  it's that much easier.

Date Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by f8dagrate f8dagrate wrote:

Wouldn't do it, it can get messy if so date outside of your church. Date at a church that your church fellowships with. By your post your belief system isn't very stable, so you should probably date someone who isn't a strict Christian.

This is not for me. I equate dating a person in your church as dating someone on your job. Unless it's a person you have known for a long time but I'm just curious to know how it works. As another poster said it's courting not dating. So is this person labeled ad you gf/bf?

Posted By: iliveforbhm
Date Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 8:57pm
Courting would be the best term, because there is no actual dating in the bible, but courting is allowed and it was for a brief period (Jacob was a anomaly). Once a man has made something of himself he usually married. And dating someone from church is not the same from dating someone at your job. 

Date Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 8:58pm

This is not for me. I equate dating a person in your church as dating someone on your job. Unless it's a person you have known for a long time but I'm just curious to know how it works. As another poster said it's courting not dating. So is this person labeled ad you gf/bf?

Meh, depends the couple dating or if their church has guidelines for dating. Many don't some do. It not really that serious unless those people are trying to get married. If they are of course their dating will be serious.

Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 9:02pm
Alls I know is Christians Meet is full of heathens.

Posted By: maysay1
Date Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 9:06pm
I think courting is great and if I were Christian then I'd go that route. But for lots of Christians dating does not equal courting.

For the Dug.gars if you get to the courting point you're pretty much gonna get married. I think that type of system where people have strong beliefs and the goal of marriage really works.

But in general, when I was Christian, I tried to keep my relationships out of the church house, kind of like the workplace or school.

Posted By: Miss B
Date Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 9:10pm

You got all that from her post??? That's a reach.

Date Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by Miss B Miss B wrote:

You got all that from her post??? That's a reach.

Not really a reach at all. I should have been more clear and said her previous posts. My bad.

Posted By: Miss B
Date Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 9:18pm

There is no "rule" regarding dating. Some people feel that once mutual interest is shown, the next step is preparing for marriage. Others enjoy getting to know each other over a longer period of time.

I have seen a lot of different types of Christian relationships, and the ones that thrive are the ones where the two are very honest with each other about what they want. If one person is on the express train to marriage and the other wants to take it slow, that's a conversation to have EARLY. Christian or not.

A lot also depends on your personal convictions regarding dating. I know of a married couple who didn't kiss until their wedding day. I also know of happy couples who kiss on the first date. Again, and important conversation to have.

I really haven't seen any go bad. But I have heard some stories and all of them involved generic messiness. Fooling around, lying, creeping, miscommunication --> caught feelings, etc.

OP feel free to PM me. Good luck.

Date Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 10:18pm
Pming right now. Lol. Thanks

Print Page | Close Window