Print Page | Close Window

My strange addiction...hoax...?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=369954
Printed Date: Aug 17 2018 at 9:48am

Topic: My strange addiction...hoax...?
Posted By: Wildfire
Subject: My strange addiction...hoax...?
Date Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 2:09pm
im confused by some of these "addictions"...im watching now, and this one lady eats/drinks PAINT. How is that even possible without being horribly ill from doing it for years??
Another one pours pine cleaner into a dust mask and keeps it over her face to inhale the smell. These things contain deadly, toxic substances....

are these stories really true?---can they really be consuming toxic substances for years, and not be ill

Replies:
Posted By: liesnalibis
Date Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

Another one pours pine cleaner into a dust mask and keeps it over her face to inhale the smell. These things contain deadly, toxic substances....

There are a lot of people with this addiction. You'd be surprised. I read about it on this website about huffing. There is a message board where people come to share their stories.

There were many people who said they knew people who died from huffing computer duster after getting the idea from an episode of Intervention and wanted the show to be somehow held responsible.

People do crazy shyt.

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 2:12pm
the only time ive seen episodes is when members post here and from what ive seen its meant for entertainment.  i pretty much think it falls under the jerry springer category in terms of believability.

Date Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 2:14pm
This might make you feel dirty:

http://messageboard.inhalant.org/" rel="nofollow - http://messageboard.inhalant.org/

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 2:30pm
wasn't there a Drinks Gasoline one? I don't think these people care about being healthy lol.

Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 2:52pm
It's not an addiction, but I love the smell of gasoline.

Every time I fill my tank, you'll catch me sniffing the nozzle.

Trust me, people do and enjoy weird sh*t.

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 2:55pm
the thing that gets me about the show is that these people have spent 20+ years eating things that are considered dangerous and poisonous to the body but every time they go to a doctor they're completely healthy!  like even the girl that was obese and ate mattresses was perfectly ok with no obstructions.  i don't WANT anyone to be ill but then i kinda do cuz i feel like they're vindicated every episode...you should not be eating mattresses and drinking gasoline!

Date Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

the thing that gets me about the show is that these people have spent 20+ years eating things that are considered dangerous and poisonous to the body but every time they go to a doctor they're completely healthy!  like even the girl that was obese and ate mattresses was perfectly ok with no obstructions.  i don't WANT anyone to be ill but then i kinda do cuz i feel like they're vindicated every episode...you should not be eating mattresses and drinking gasoline!

thats the part that puzzles me

Date Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 3:14pm
i don't think it's real anymore so im glad you made the topic, i've been wanting to vent...these shows are just more and more fake.

Date Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 3:19pm

that gets me too. Meanwhile my vegan, healthy living SIL needs a liver transplant.

Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 3:20pm
I do think it's true. When I was younger I used to volunteer to wipe the chalk board just so I could lick the chalk dust.I grew out of chalk and just continued with pixie stixs since it had sugar in it. I also liked the smell of permanent markers. I know it strange but hey.

Date Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 3:24pm
Wonder , this reminds me of that crazy woman on Dr PHil who injected herself with bacteria  that she grows herself, eww --to make herself sick for attention. Here I am washing my hands 100 times a day to avoid catching a germ and wrapping every little cut so it won't get infected; and she's injecting bacteria into her open [unnecessary surgical] wounds and is still alive and kicking.

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

I do think it's true. When I was younger I used to volunteer to wipe the chalk board just so I could lick the chalk dust.I grew out of chalk and just continued with pixie stixs since it had sugar in it. I also liked the smell of permanent markers. I know it strange but hey.

see my thing is that its not that i dont think the addictions themselves are fake, i just think that some of those people claiming addictions are not real.  just like im sure their are people out there having sex with their father but i just dont believe the people  when i see them on jerry.

Date Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

Wonder , this reminds me of that crazy woman on Dr PHil who injected herself with bacteria  that she grows herself, eww --to make herself sick for attention. Here I am washing my hands 100 times a day to avoid catching a germ and wrapping every little cut so it won't get infected; and she's injecting bacteria into her open [unnecessary surgical] wounds and is still alive and kicking.

omg yes, I have a tinge of panic if i've popped a stick of gum after touching a hand rail...she was a bio hazard with adopted black children.  SleepySleepy  i wonder how many times they've been sick through exposure.

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

i like the smell of gas too…. 
Cool

Date Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 3:44pm

omg yes, I have a tinge of panic if i've popped a stick of gum after touching a hand rail...she was a bio hazard with adopted black children.  SleepySleepy  i wonder how many times they've been sick through exposure.

I felt for those kids. Didn't one of her daughters write the show for help?

Posted By: Printer_Ink
Date Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

i like the smell of gas too…. 
Cool

Me too! Ever since I was a little girl when the gas station attendant filled our gas tank! Hee hee!

I think the show is real ... people like some weriod stuff!!!

Date Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

Actually, harming yourself for attention is very common ... it's called - Münchausen syndrome

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Münchausen syndrome is a psychiatric factitious disorder wherein those affected feign disease, illness, or psychological trauma to draw attention, sympathy, or reassurance to themselves. It is also sometimes known as hospital addiction syndrome, thick chart syndrome, or hospital hopper syndrome. True Münchausen syndrome fits within the subclass of factitious disorder with predominantly physical signs and symptoms, but they also have a history of recurrent hospitalization, travelling, and dramatic, untrue, and extremely improbable tales of their past experiences.[1] There is discussion to reclassify them as somatoform disorders in the DSM-5 as it is unclear whether or not people are conscious of drawing attention to themselves.[2]

Münchausen syndrome is related to Münchausen syndrome by proxy (MSbP/MSP), which refers to the abuse of another person, typically a child, in order to seek attention or sympathy for the abuser. It is an obsessive want to create symptoms for the victim in order to obtain repeated medication or even operations

Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 4:25pm
I think people with these weird addictions may have some type of chemical imbalance going on..

ish is just strange

Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 4:45pm
the human body is more resilient than tv would have us think

Posted By: ShadyLady
Date Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 5:27pm
One of my former roommates knew the girl who was on there for being addicted to eating sand. She said the girl really does eat sand all the time.

I think SOME of them may be true, but they grossly exaggerate it for tv.

I don't believe the really crazy ones like eating drywall. And I pray the one where the woman drank and bathed in her pee was fake.

Date Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 6:26pm
I'm not saying I don't sympathize with people with real addictions because I do. But I just don't understand how they can try to lobby to get duster taken off the shelves or say the companies know they are killing people when no one could have foreseen that they would take a dangerous, often fatal chemical meant to clean computer keyboards and insert it up their noses. What is with people's constant need to self-medicate? It's not even a real drug meant for that. I mean what made them do that in the first place? And why do they want to make it someone else's fault?

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 6:49pm
I used to eat hair from the comb after my mom combed my hair. I liked the way it felt against my time. All that hair eating stopped when i tried to poop but the poop was stuck dangling from a bunch of string in my booty hole. My mom had to get some scissors and cut it loose LOL

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 6:50pm
There was one lady on there that liked to dig in and scrape the inside of her ear.
I do that....I thought I was the only one. 
That sh*t feels so good....better than sex.

Posted By: Ladybird0724
Date Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 9:13pm
I believe all of them. The weirdest ones to me was davecat with the plastic doll and the one guy who was addicted to being a baby. These guys seemed really sad, while the ppl that ate stuff were just weird tbh

Date Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

I used to eat hair from the comb after my mom combed my hair. I liked the way it felt against my time. All that hair eating stopped when i tried to poop but the poop was stuck dangling from a bunch of string in my booty hole. My mom had to get some scissors and cut it loose LOL

Wow!

Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 3:12am
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

PFFFFBAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!

You know I remember I saw on TV some girl would rip out her own hair and eat it.. she ate so much, she got her stomach blocked from all the hair. So they removed it surgically and this came out:
http://www.sfgate.com/blogs/images/sfgate/sfmoms/2009/05/27/7b5482b69dd065d3fcdc07c5d31c7d64.jpg

It's even the shape of the stomach. LOLCryLOLCryLOLCryLOL

On a side note, for a short while, I had a small addiction to ripping out my pubic hair. It hurt so good, let's just say. LOL

Posted By: nala52808
Date Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 9:00am
OMG Midna, I still rip mine out, and so does my mom. I know what you talkin boutApprove

Date Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 9:07am
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

see my thing is that its not that i dont think the addictions themselves are fake, i just think that some of those people claiming addictions are not real.  just like im sure their are people out there having sex with their father but i just dont believe the people  when i see them on jerry.

its not the addictions im questioning...its the fact that they dont get sick --makes me wonder, have they really been doing these harmful things for years, as they say.
how can you eat paint for years and not be ill?Confused

Date Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 9:13am
see Midna, you wrong for that pic

Posted By: Diane (35)
Date Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 9:15am
WF you don't have the govt work to do? hmmmmmmmmm

Hey y'all!

Date Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 9:51am
dwl!

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 10:34am
......after readin this thread..im just glad i have a regular old ice addiction. cubed crushed, snow, freezer frost..i'll take it all. smh. 

Posted By: Lite Brite
Date Posted: Apr 15 2014 at 7:44am
LMAOOO BB WTF

Posted By: SimplyPut
Date Posted: Apr 15 2014 at 8:03am
Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

its not the addictions im questioning...its the fact that they dont get sick --makes me wonder, have they really been doing these harmful things for years, as they say.
how can you eat paint for years and not be ill?Confused

The more you expose your body too and the earlier it is exposed, the stronger your tolerance will be. That's why it's recommended that you allow your children to get sick or play in dirty environments. It leads to a healthier, longer, more tolerant lifespan. Extremely healthy and clean people are actually at a greater environmental health risk than dirty unsanitary ones.

Posted By: yaya24
Date Posted: Apr 15 2014 at 9:13am
I remember the one with Keisha .. she liked to eat urine soaked diapers.
.. Geek

Print Page | Close Window