Print Page | Close Window

Is Pebbles Perri Reid biracial?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk (Newbies)
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=369886
Printed Date: Sep 24 2018 at 6:48pm

Topic: Is Pebbles Perri Reid biracial?
Posted By: CherryCola
Subject: Is Pebbles Perri Reid biracial?
Date Posted: Apr 10 2014 at 5:27pm
Is singer Pebbles Perri Reid biracial?  Or is she just a light skin black?

Replies:
Posted By: Printer_Ink
Date Posted: Apr 10 2014 at 10:15pm
Well, light skinned Black people ARE bi-racial. DUH!

How else did they get to be .... 'light skinned'?

Posted By: Journey94
Date Posted: Apr 10 2014 at 10:33pm
No clue but she looks pretty on that cover

Date Posted: Apr 11 2014 at 12:31am
Originally posted by Printer_Ink Printer_Ink wrote:

Black people can be light skin with two black parents.

Posted By: Majesty02
Date Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 3:50pm
OP why do you care? Why does her race or ethnic background matter to you?

Posted By: Missvw
Date Posted: Apr 22 2014 at 3:30am
Originally posted by Printer_Ink Printer_Ink wrote:

Stern Smile you joking right?

Posted By: jillymayr
Date Posted: Apr 22 2014 at 10:28am
I think she's just light skinned

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by Majesty02 Majesty02 wrote:

Just curious.  

Date Posted: May 02 2014 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by CherryCola CherryCola wrote:

Just curious.  

Yes it’s obvious you’re curious. But the question is why are you curious about her ethnic background?

Posted By: Gia2009
Date Posted: May 03 2014 at 2:35pm

Just curious.  

Yes it’s obvious you’re curious. But the question is why are you curious about her ethnic background?

"Just curious" means that they were probably just wondering since she is light skinned with non kinky hair. As far as I know though, she's black. Her ancestry like many of us probably does have white people in it.

Posted By: Missvw
Date Posted: May 04 2014 at 2:40am
Damn, are people not allowed to be curious? LOL

Date Posted: May 04 2014 at 7:39pm

Just curious.  

I don't know.  Just curious, so I thought I'd asked.

Date Posted: May 04 2014 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by Missvw Missvw wrote:

Thank you.  I didn't mean any harm by asking.  I was simply curious.

Date Posted: May 05 2014 at 12:24am
I swear people put way too much emphasis on race, skin color, and hair texture. This is done in order to subconsciously categorize one another whether u choose to admit it or not. And the ignorant manner in which the OP asked the
question makes it even worse. This shows your lack of intellect, and its appalling that people are in here cosigning.

Date Posted: May 05 2014 at 12:28am
Originally posted by Missvw Missvw wrote:

Come on now. Of course people are allowed to be curious. But I do believe there's always an underling reason behind EVERY question.

Date Posted: May 05 2014 at 2:44pm

I swear people put way too much emphasis on race, skin color, and hair texture. This is done in order to subconsciously categorize one another whether u choose to admit it or not. And the ignorant manner in which the OP asked the
question makes it even worse. This shows your lack of intellect, and its appalling that people are in here cosigning.

If you say so, but that's not my reason.  I was just curious.  Sorry if my question offends you.  Feel free to just ignore my post.

Date Posted: May 06 2014 at 5:53am

I swear people put way too much emphasis on race, skin color,hopefullyhair texture. This is done in order to subconsciously categorize one another whether u choose to admit it or not. And the ignorant manner in which the OP asked the

If you say so, but that's not my reason.  I was just curious.  Sorry if my question offends you.  Feel free to just ignore my post.

To be honest your post does not offend me at all. I just wanted you to know how stupid you sound. Hopefully you will learn from this experience

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: May 06 2014 at 8:46pm
She didn't ask the question in any type of ignorant way.  You sound pressed af, chill out.

Date Posted: May 07 2014 at 12:37pm

ms_wonderland View Drop Down

Your the one that needs to chill out. Maybe you should take your own advice. Using terms like "just a light skin black" and "regular black" are ignorant. It’s unfortunate that you lack the intellect to understand that. And btw I’m not pissed. I’m actually very happy right now enjoying my chorizo tostada.

Date Posted: May 07 2014 at 3:24pm

Your the one that needs to chill out. Maybe you should take your own advice. Using terms like "just a light skin black" and "regular black" are ignorant. It’s unfortunate that you lack the intellect to understand that. And btw I’m not pissed. I’m actually very happy right now enjoying my chorizo tostada.

stop talking about people's intellects, seriously...someone not sharing the same color issues as you is not synonymous with stupid.

maybe some people read "just light skinned black" as meaning only one race, not inferior because of being JUST one race.  that's something that came about in your own mind.  there's nothing wrong with asking if someone has a black parent and a white parent, and anyone that thinks it's that deep without even knowing the person, has some issues going on.  you just called her ignorant and went on a tangent for no reason.  

Date Posted: May 09 2014 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

stop talking about people's intellects, seriously...someone not sharing the same color issues as you is not synonymous with stupid.

maybe some people read "just light skinned black" as meaning only one race, not inferior because of being JUST one race.  that's something that came about in your own mind.  there's nothing wrong with asking if someone has a black parent and a white parent, and anyone that thinks it's that deep without even knowing the person, has some issues going on.  you just called her ignorant and went on a tangent for no reason.  

Color issues? I don't have any "color issues" or insecurities. I never have in my entire life. I'm gorgeous. So why on earth would I have color issues? Lol. There's a correct way, and an incorrect why to ask a question. And just as I stated before, Americans put wayyyyyyy tooooo much emphasis on race, color and trying to figure out what categories to place people in. We're all the Human Species so that's really all that should matter. And I have every right to comment on the OP's post just as well as you commented on mine. So please stop trying to pick a fight with me based on MY comments to the OP. They had nothing to do with you. So please tend to your own business.  Learn to fight your own battles gheeezzz

Date Posted: May 09 2014 at 2:34pm

[QUOTE=Majesty02]

Color issues? I don't have any "color issues" or insecurities. I never have in my entire life. I'm gorgeous. So why on earth would I have color issues? Lol. There's a correct way, and an incorrect why to ask a question. And just as I stated before, Americans put wayyyyyyy tooooo much emphasis on race, color and trying to figure out what categories to place people in. We're all the Human Species so that's really all that should matter.

It seems as though you and the OP are the ones with the color issues, by trying to place such a large emphasis on Pebble’s race. By doing that you’re making race an issue. And I have every right to comment on the OP's post just as well as you commented on mine. So please stop trying to pick a fight with me based on MY comments to the OP. They had nothing to do with you. So please tend to your own business.  Learn to fight your own battles gheeezzz

Date Posted: May 09 2014 at 5:55pm
There's a correct way and incorrect way to ask the question....what's the correct way, ms. Sensitive snowflake?

Wacko

And cut the American bullsh*t when y'all ngas overseas have a bleaching pandemic.  I don't have color issues which is why her question means nothing to me, but it obviously struck a chord with you.  I don't have to mind my business in any thread I have access to.  I hope you're well stocked on Sun screen this summer.

Date Posted: May 09 2014 at 11:37pm

I swear people put way too much emphasis on race, skin color,hopefullyhair texture. This is done in order to subconsciously categorize one another whether u choose to admit it or not. And the ignorant manner in which the OP asked the

To be honest your post does not offend me at all. I just wanted you to know how stupid you sound. Hopefully you will learn from this experience

Whatever you say.

Date Posted: May 09 2014 at 11:42pm

[QUOTE=Majesty02]

Color issues? I don't have any "color issues" or insecurities. I never have in my entire life. I'm gorgeous. So why on earth would I have color issues? Lol. There's a correct way, and an incorrect why to ask a question. And just as I stated before, Americans put wayyyyyyy tooooo much emphasis on race, color and trying to figure out what categories to place people in. We're all the Human Species so that's really all that should matter.

It seems as though you and the OP are the ones with the color issues, by trying to place such a large emphasis on Pebble’s race. By doing that you’re making race an issue. And I have every right to comment on the OP's post just as well as you commented on mine. So please stop trying to pick a fight with me based on MY comments to the OP. They had nothing to do with you. So please tend to your own business.  Learn to fight your own battles gheeezzz

Yet you are picking a fight with me.  All I asked was if Pebbles is biracial.  Biracial people do exist.  I have biracial people in my family.  What's wrong with me asking?  There are a lot of biracial people in the entertainment business. Biracial is not an insult, nor did I ask in an insulting way.  

And if you have every right to comment on my post, then I have every right to ask a question without being insulted.  Why are you getting upset with me about Pebbles?  That has nothing to do with you.

Again, if people in this thread are so "stupid" or upset you, simply ignore it.

Posted By: Malwina
Date Posted: Oct 10 2014 at 6:51am
Lightskin black = mixed

Posted By: SN2BPHD
Date Posted: Oct 11 2014 at 9:13am
Damn... Was it that deep?

Print Page | Close Window