Print Page | Close Window

How Much Hair

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=369861
Printed Date: Nov 13 2019 at 1:57am


Topic: How Much Hair
Posted By: DiorShowGirl
Subject: How Much Hair
Date Posted: Apr 10 2014 at 1:48am
i went shopping for my daughter to get her her hair and as i was trying to chose which is the best brand to purchase ..I kept saying to myself..."Self just how many heads are there over seas for so many stores to stock so much human hair?  i mean i am thinking of the tons of stores that stock all of this so-called human hair and the custom made lace wigs and all of the other sources that supply this hair for folks to purchase...

is there a hair harvest farm or something...all this hair and how many heads.  wonder if men grow their hair long also and cash in on this ?

*arms folded,finger on chin and saying hhhmmmmm*



Replies:
Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Apr 10 2014 at 1:58am
No.  I believe we might have touched on this upstairs some time ago.  Alot of hair since I would say 2008-2009 is floor hair and/or mixed with synthetic fibers. IMO.  U don't have enough supply for the demand.  True virgin, cuticle aligned remy is more expensive than people think these days.  It's gettin' harder and harder to come by.

I do think that there are men...most likely countryside who will grow their hair and sell it.


Posted By: liesnalibis
Date Posted: Apr 10 2014 at 1:59am
It is weird when you think about it. Because if the majority of black women are wearing weave and it takes years to grow those lengths of hair and yet we are only keeping it for a few months (even if we keep it for years it's still multiple heads of hair being rotated). Somethin ain't addin up. I was talking about it with my old stylist and she was saying it wasn't human hair and I was like but if they're selling it as human hair it must be human hair and she was like, "How many people you think is givin up they hair liesnalibis?!!  LOLLOL

I know they got a lot of Indians and Chinese people in this world but I don't know if they have enough for black women to be buying the shyt for $200 and wearing it for a few weeks and throwing it away talkin bout it's not good hair and then buying some more. Confused What's wrong with that picture?


Posted By: Benni
Date Posted: Apr 10 2014 at 3:20am
It makes you wonder


Posted By: zolloh
Date Posted: Apr 10 2014 at 7:52am
So y'all really believe that human hair is actually human hair?


Posted By: DiorShowGirl
Date Posted: Apr 10 2014 at 11:12am
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

It is weird when you think about it. Because if the majority of black women are wearing weave and it takes years to grow those lengths of hair and yet we are only keeping it for a few months (even if we keep it for years it's still multiple heads of hair being rotated). Somethin ain't addin up. I was talking about it with my old stylist and she was saying it wasn't human hair and I was like but if they're selling it as human hair it must be human hair and she was like, "How many people you think is givin up they hair liesnalibis?!!  LOLLOL

I know they got a lot of Indians and Chinese people in this world but I don't know if they have enough for black women to be buying the shyt for $200 and wearing it for a few weeks and throwing it away talkin bout it's not good hair and then buying some more. Confused What's wrong with that picture?



ITA....i'm thinking of every store here in the states that sells hair....it just makes u wonder...


Posted By: DiorShowGirl
Date Posted: Apr 10 2014 at 11:13am
Originally posted by zolloh zolloh wrote:

So y'all really believe that human hair is actually human hair?



i know there is a brand that Brandy promotes it's supposed to imitate human hair...Prota i think its called....




Posted By: DiorShowGirl
Date Posted: Apr 10 2014 at 11:15am
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

No.  I believe we might have touched on this upstairs some time ago.  Alot of hair since I would say 2008-2009 is floor hair and/or mixed with synthetic fibers. IMO.  U don't have enough supply for the demand.  True virgin, cuticle aligned remy is more expensive than people think these days.  It's gettin' harder and harder to come by.

I do think that there are men...most likely countryside who will grow their hair and sell it.



well dayum that synthetic mixed in with the human hair looks so real then Y can't the wigs hair texture look that real if ur buying a synthetic wig....just saying


Posted By: NJHairLuv
Date Posted: Apr 10 2014 at 12:03pm
I remember when 'yaki' hair first came out. We (college kids/neighborhood kids) were all like who tf would sell yak hair and call it 'yaki'.why dont they give it a different name.

im still convinced that the majority of the hair in the BSS is yak hair. There was a thread years ago that had some info saying that for the manufacturers to be able to label the hair as 'human hair', there had to be a certain % of human hair in the package. the percentage was shockingly low.

a bhm member ordered this yak hair to experiment with. she wefted it. se said that it had a horrible odor but never came back to let us know whether or not it held a curl, responded to perm & dye, etc. I can only imagine that perming would remove the animal odor. And then a hair manufacturer would give the hair an acid bath to remove the cuticle...then viola! sell it for $50 a pack and get rich quick.

http://wagmanprimus.com/product_detail.asp?pl_id=30&type=product_line&id=1184" rel="nofollow - http://wagmanprimus.com/product_detail.asp?pl_id=30&type=product_line&id=1184

I also remember someone saying hair from Qingdao is usually human but hair from Henan is usually a synthetic blend or animal hair blend. Who is to say that all of the hair from China and Korea isnt animal hair?

I swear that 'Brazilian Hair' has an odd reddish undertone that Ihave never seen on Indian temple hair. It is like the Brazilian hair is grey hair that has been treated with henna so that it could be easily bleached (from who knows what human source dead or alive (since they cremate their dead in china) or what animal source it comes from.

I have to go to China during the fall (Beijing) and will schedule a trip to Qingdao (2-3 hour flight from Beijing) but I doubt that I will be able to crack the code b/c even a Chinese speaking agent would never rat out their compatriots. The only way to find out is to get one of those Chinese hair industry journals and pay a Chinese college student hire in USA to interpret it.


Posted By: Journey94
Date Posted: Apr 10 2014 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by zolloh zolloh wrote:

So y'all really believe that human hair is actually human hair?



It is. Many Indian cultures & some Chinese actually shave their heads bald. It's a business


Posted By: Journey94
Date Posted: Apr 10 2014 at 12:26pm
Brazilian hair isn't real Brazilian hair or any other "exotic" names, the only people cutting off their hair are Chinese & Indian. And as someone else said a lot of it is mixed with synthetic fibers.


Posted By: DiorShowGirl
Date Posted: Apr 11 2014 at 4:51am
Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

I remember when 'yaki' hair first came out. We (college kids/neighborhood kids) were all like who tf would sell yak hair and call it 'yaki'.why dont they give it a different name.

im still convinced that the majority of the hair in the BSS is yak hair. There was a thread years ago that had some info saying that for the manufacturers to be able to label the hair as 'human hair', there had to be a certain % of human hair in the package. the percentage was shockingly low.

a bhm member ordered this yak hair to experiment with. she wefted it. se said that it had a horrible odor but never came back to let us know whether or not it held a curl, responded to perm & dye, etc. I can only imagine that perming would remove the animal odor. And then a hair manufacturer would give the hair an acid bath to remove the cuticle...then viola! sell it for $50 a pack and get rich quick.

http://wagmanprimus.com/product_detail.asp?pl_id=30&type=product_line&id=1184" rel="nofollow - http://wagmanprimus.com/product_detail.asp?pl_id=30&type=product_line&id=1184

I also remember someone saying hair from Qingdao is usually human but hair from Henan is usually a synthetic blend or animal hair blend. Who is to say that all of the hair from China and Korea isnt animal hair?

I swear that 'Brazilian Hair' has an odd reddish undertone that Ihave never seen on Indian temple hair. It is like the Brazilian hair is grey hair that has been treated with henna so that it could be easily bleached (from who knows what human source dead or alive (since they cremate their dead in china) or what animal source it comes from.

I have to go to China during the fall (Beijing) and will schedule a trip to Qingdao (2-3 hour flight from Beijing) but I doubt that I will be able to crack the code b/c even a Chinese speaking agent would never rat out their compatriots. The only way to find out is to get one of those Chinese hair industry journals and pay a Chinese college student hire in USA to interpret it.


i bought hair from wagman;s and it was pretty good...well my daughter loved it, but it was just a tad bit too much for her, meaning the fullness of it...

so ur traveling to china? please let us know of this hair venture u might do...but please don;t get jailed girl...don;t need to start a "bail out of jail in China" fund raiserLOLLOL u spying on their secret hair making...lawd...LOLLOL


Posted By: whitrhymes
Date Posted: Apr 11 2014 at 9:10am
Well I don't really care who's hair it is, it's pretty... But if it turns out to be sort of animal, let me know so I can start a farm


Posted By: Diane (35)
Date Posted: Apr 11 2014 at 9:59am
Originally posted by zolloh zolloh wrote:

So y'all really believe that human hair is actually human hair?

BWHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAhAhAhahahaHAHAHA

and you have a membership on BHM? and you know how many BSS are within a 20 mile radius of your house? and you can estimate the number of packs of hair they carry at any one time?

*pokes OP in the eye*

There's levels to the Human Hair labels. levels!


Posted By: NJHairLuv
Date Posted: Apr 11 2014 at 10:39am
Originally posted by DiorShowGirl DiorShowGirl wrote:

Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:


a bhm member ordered this yak hair to experiment with. she wefted it. se said that it had a horrible odor but never came back to let us know whether or not it held a curl, responded to perm & dye, etc. I can only imagine that perming would remove the animal odor. And then a hair manufacturer would give the hair an acid bath to remove the cuticle...then viola! sell it for $50 a pack and get rich quick.

http://wagmanprimus.com/product_detail.asp?pl_id=30&type=product_line&id=1184" rel="nofollow - http://wagmanprimus.com/product_detail.asp?pl_id=30&type=product_line&id=1184



i bought hair from wagman;s and it was pretty good...well my daughter loved it, but it was just a tad bit too much for her, meaning the fullness of it...

so ur traveling to china? please let us know of this hair venture u might do...but please don;t get jailed girl...don;t need to start a "bail out of jail in China" fund raiserLOLLOL u spying on their secret hair making...lawd...LOLLOL

***Wait - You know that Im not talking about the the Wagman Indian hair right? I am their biggest fan of their virgin Indian hair and their Indian Perfectress line. Im talking about the yak hair that they sell to companies in the yaki hair market which is not at all  related to their wagmanhair.com website.Smile



Print Page | Close Window