Print Page | Close Window

The Ultimate Warrior is gone

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=369843
Printed Date: Jul 17 2018 at 7:12am

Topic: The Ultimate Warrior is gone
Posted By: livi123
Subject: The Ultimate Warrior is gone
Date Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 9:56am
For any old wrestling fans.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/04/08/ultimate-warrior-dead-dies-wwe/" rel="nofollow - http://www.tmz.com/2014/04/08/ultimate-warrior-dead-dies-wwe/

Ultimate Warrior Dead: James Hellwig, Pro Wrestler, Dies At 54

The Huffington Post  | by  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ed-mazza" rel="nofollow - Ed Mazza

Replies:
Posted By: QueenBee
Date Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 10:06am
R.I.P even though I have no idea who he is...

Date Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 10:08am
You have to feel the power of the blood red moon!Cry

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 10:12am
i knowwww i was so sad when i heard. :(
never knew what he was talking about but
he was awesomeLOL

Date Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 10:14am
I didn't eitherLOL ^^^

Date Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 10:19am
well we'll always have our memories....
the way he shakes them ropesEmbarrassedEmbarrassedLOL

Posted By: yurika975
Date Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 10:30am
That is so sad. 

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 10:32am
dude was a leg

one of my fave when i was still young and gullible and into wwf

Posted By: Random Thoughts
Date Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 10:57am
Yet another added to the list of wrestlers that have died young. That list is ridiculously long. That lifestyle of "fake" wrestling is really demanding.

Posted By: Luv2Teach
Date Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 11:00am
Man I haven't cried about a celebrity since Whitney...i teared up for real last night :( 

Posted By: fckwitmeuknoigotit
Date Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 11:45am
he was just inducted into the WWE hall of fame over the weekend and made an appearance on monday night raw a few days agoCry 

Posted By: ThoughtCouture
Date Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 11:51am
Wow.

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

Yet another added to the list of wrestlers that have died young. That list is ridiculously long. That lifestyle of "fake" wrestling is really demanding.
roids

bad diets

coke

=

early way out

Posted By: Mixer
Date Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 1:26pm
54 is far too young to die. R.I.P. Hellwig.

Posted By: gabi03
Date Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 1:32pm
I legit shed a tear. I was so stoked to see him get inducted. 

Date Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

roids

bad diets

coke

=

early way out

Word.

Posted By: liesnalibis
Date Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 1:36pm
I think my older brother had his action figure when we were little. He looks familiar in that costume.

Date Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 1:38pm
will always be my fav match.LOL kick rocks hogan

Posted By: czardragon
Date Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 2:39pm
I was handling it well today...felt sad of course, but then found this and teared up:

Ultimate Maniacs reunion!!

At least he got to finally settle some bitter feuds over the weekend...Vince McMahon, Triple H, Jake the Snake, and Hulk Hogan.  And at least it's not like Paul Bearer and Randy Savage not being there for his induction.

I wish I had gotten to meet him or seen him live.  I feel so bad for his family :(

This has been one of the most memorable weeks for wrestling fans...three guys in the WWE Hall of Fame who people thought would either never make it or not have lived to see it, Undertaker's streak broken, Warrior on Raw for the first time in almost 20 years (in retrospect it sounds like he was giving us his own eulogy), and now this.

Also, from my knowledge he didn't do cocaine.  He admitted to steroids but emphasized that he used them under the supervision of a doctor (before they were banned), but from my recollection, no coke.

Posted By: bg
Date Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 2:41pm
Cry

Date Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 2:49pm
Anyone else remember when he came back to the WWF in 1996 and no-sold the Pedigree?  And when he came back in the early 90s and lots of people thought back then the REAL Warrior had died and it was Jim Powers or Kerry von Erich playing the character? 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8Tb7FmbK1s" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8Tb7FmbK1s

I LMAO'd....

Posted By: Diane (35)
Date Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 2:55pm
Raatid! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO i cant beleive it. I didnt remember the name when i first saw the posts but after i saw the pics man those little ribbons streamers around his biceps and the face masks were EVERYTHING to me back in the day. Loved him

On the bright side : his death has brought out czardragon, i thought of you a few days ago. How are you?

Date Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by czardragon czardragon wrote:

Anyone else remember when he came back to the WWF in 1996 and no-sold the Pedigree?  And when he came back in the early 90s and lots of people thought back then the REAL Warrior had died and it was Jim Powers or Kerry von Erich playing the character? 

lol yeah. I had Wrestlemania 12 on VHS and I would watch it over and over again. I probably watched it over 100 times. I wouldn't learn until I smartened up that Vince had buried HHH as punishment for the Kliq incident at MSG, so the match wasn't immediately funny to me in 96. Thank God for that punishment though, otherwise we would have never gotten Austin 3:16 says I just whipped your ass.

I remember people thought it wasn't the real Warrior because of how small he looked in comparison to his physique in the 80s. I remember being on the net for the first time around 98 and reading that it wasn't the real warrior. Around the time of that godawful Hogan/Warrior match at Halloween HavocLOL.

Date Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 3:02pm
ive never seen that match between him and triple h. :( i heard it only lasted 5 mins anyways but still....

ShockedShockedShockedDRAGON!!!!!

Date Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 3:04pm

lol yeah. I had Wrestlemania 12 on VHS and I would watch it over and over again. I probably watched it over 100 times. I wouldn't learn until I smartened up that Vince had buried HHH as punishment for the Klique incident, so the match wasn't immediately funny to me in 96. Thank God for that punishment though, otherwise we would have never gotten Austin 3:16 says I just whipped your ass.

I remember people thought it wasn't the real Warrior because of how small he looked in comparison to his physique in the 80s. I remember being on the net for the first time around 98 and reading that it wasn't the real warrior. Around the time of that godawful Hogan/Warrior match at Halloween HavocLOL.

Dude, I still have the Wrestlemania VHS lol....I remember the day I bought it at Best Buy, random I know :)

That Hogan/Warrior match was that feud when Hogan looked in the mirror and saw Warrior's face looking back at him, right? 

Oh, and remember the Renegade?  I remember everyone was all confused about that too, and then when he died for real even more people got it twisted and thought Warrior had died.

You know, Sting was in New Orleans, there was talk of him getting involved with the Undertaker.  I know it's not likely (as to not blow any surprise debut) but a little part of me wonders if he and Warrior ran into each other at all.  And it was pretty cool that Dutch Mantell (now Zeb Coulter) got to be there for his induction, being he managed the Blade Runners and all.

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 3:06pm
Rip...he lived longer than a lot of pro wrestlers...I can't believe how obsessed I was w pro wrestling growing up, to have absolutely NO interest in it now.  I actually asked my mom to be the ultimate warrior for Halloween because I wanted face paint but she made me be a clown instead. 

Date Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by Lady ICE Lady ICE wrote:

ive never seen that match between him and triple h. :( i heard it only lasted 5 mins anyways but still....

ShockedShockedShockedDRAGON!!!!!

Hi Ice!  Hug

A long time ago, I had a gif of that match as my avi, and in my siggy I had a joke: "Why did the Ultimate Warrior get fired from the pet store?  Because he wouldn't sell the Pedigree!" LOL

Date Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

On the bright side : his death has brought out czardragon, i thought of you a few days ago. How are you?

Really?  Awww Hug

I'm doing well...I feel like I'm a WHOLE lot different now than the last time I posted here though lol.

Thanks for asking!  What about you?  Hope you're doing well Big smile

Posted By: OoDles O
Date Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 3:21pm
why god!! why'd you have to take him !

Date Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

Rip...he lived longer than a lot of pro wrestlers...I can't believe how obsessed I was w pro wrestling growing up, to have absolutely NO interest in it now.  I actually asked my mom to be the ultimate warrior for Halloween because I wanted face paint but she made me be a clown instead. 

I swore when I was a kid that when I was old enough to wear makeup I would go out everyday with Warrior-style paint.  Of course I was like 3-4 years old and it was the 80s, so from what I recall some women came pretty close to that look anyway...it was either gonna be Ultimate Warrior or one of the Misfits from Jem and the Holograms for me LOL

Posted By: sunshine321511
Date Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 3:26pm
Did anyone see Monday's show....to me he did look a little weak and sort of sick.  I thought it was just old age, but I'm shocked to hear he died.  WOW.

I wonder if he was sick. I don't have the link to the speech from Monday night but i'm try and find it.

Posted By: sunshine321511
Date Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 3:27pm

Date Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by sunshine321511 sunshine321511 wrote:

Did anyone see Monday's show....to me he did look a little weak and sort of sick.  I thought it was just old age, but I'm shocked to hear he died.  WOW.

I wonder if he was sick. I don't have the link to the speech from Monday night but i'm try and find it.

I did see...honestly it hadn't occurred to me that he was sick, I just thought maybe he didn't shake the ropes as much because he didn't have as much energy, maybe was a bit out of shape.

Here's the speech.

http://extramustard.si.com/2014/04/09/ultimate-warrior-final-appearance/" rel="nofollow - http://extramustard.si.com/2014/04/09/ultimate-warrior-final-appearance/

Posted By: ThoughtCouture
Date Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by OoDles O OoDles O wrote:

why god!! why'd you have to take him !
Dead

Posted By: whosbotheringme
Date Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 3:43pm
Too many favorites from my old WWF fan days are gone.Cry

RIP Ultimate Warrior.Broken Heart

Posted By: fckwitmeuknoigotit
Date Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by czardragon czardragon wrote:

Originally posted by sunshine321511 sunshine321511 wrote:

I did see...honestly it hadn't occurred to me that he was sick, I just thought maybe he didn't shake the ropes as much because he didn't have as much energy, maybe was a bit out of shape.

Here's the speech.

http://extramustard.si.com/2014/04/09/ultimate-warrior-final-appearance/" rel="nofollow - http://extramustard.si.com/2014/04/09/ultimate-warrior-final-appearance/

yea he didn't have that same energy and he wasn't going HAM on the ropes like he used to. i attributed it to him just being old and the ropes being tighter than they were 90's. he did look winded, though.

Print Page | Close Window