Print Page | Close Window

Straightened natural hair last 4 to 6 weeks?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=369828
Printed Date: Sep 20 2017 at 5:42pm

Topic: Straightened natural hair last 4 to 6 weeks?
Posted By: Samoneisthebest
Subject: Straightened natural hair last 4 to 6 weeks?
Date Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 4:24pm
Yall believe this?

Straight natural hair last 4 to 6 weeks and still revert?

If this is forreal I need stock up for next fall/winter.

Replies:
Posted By: liesnalibis
Date Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 4:32pm
How much was she paid?

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 4:39pm
it did ring like a informercial.  i hate clicking a video only to find out its a commercial.

Date Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 4:40pm
when i used to get press and curl it used to last until my next wash.  i kinda dont know why people need a kit but whatever.

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 4:42pm
4 to 6 weeks….? 

um.. no. 

gorgeous hair though 

Date Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 4:44pm
Her natural hair texture looks weird. She says she doesn't use heat but I dunno. It looks kinky and stretched at the same time.

Date Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 4:49pm
Another lady

Posted By: miana79
Date Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 5:02pm
I may try this!!! But I dont think it will last 6 weeks . What if you wash between that? Do u add more product??

Date Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 5:04pm
I was wondering the same thing. I'm thinking it only last from one wash to the next.

But thats still a lot longer than I've ever gotten my hair to last. Its downhill after hour one.

Date Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 5:57pm
I think the assumption is you're not going to wash it.

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 5:59pm
even if you dont wash it.. 4-6 weeks without touching it up…? 

sweating in your sleep, warm weather, the shower, the club, etc…? 
nah bruh 

Posted By: Marmonette
Date Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 6:02pm
my hair would be so greasy after only 2 weeks, aint no way i could go 4 weeks.

Posted By: NJHairLuv
Date Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 7:32pm
yeah, if it is heat trained like most of our hair was back in the early 1980s, it could last 4-6 weeks and you would roller set at night to keep it straight, but who the hayl wants to be out with a sweaty scalp like that? I like to wash my hair every 2-3 days and if I am extremely busy, I can keep my hair straight for a few weeks by rolling it at night but dam, i am not bout to be in these streets in people's face and hugging folks with 'old' smelling hair.

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 7:34pm
They make a spray that does this.....meh.

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 7:39pm
If I don't exercise or get my hair wet and avoid sweating my press can last about 4 weeks. I mean my roots will get puffy and the last week it might look a lil wonky but it can last that long.  I just wrap my hair every night & the last week I ain't reaching my roots bc they're big.

(Un)fortunately I can more about my waistline than straight hair.

Posted By: NJHairLuv
Date Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

They make a spray that does this.....meh.

yeh, i think that ultra sheen or one of the black owned companies has made one since back in the day. the base ingredient is acetic acid/vinegar.

Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 7:52pm
When i want bone straight hair i get a weave. Simplier that way

Posted By: OhMyCurlz
Date Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 7:54pm
Got em'. 

http://www.midwestscc.org/blog2/wp-content/uploads/presentations/Teamworks2012NonFormaldehydeSmoothing.pdf" rel="nofollow - - Hair Smoothing/Straightening of European and Hispanic Hair with Non-formaldehyde based Reactive Molecules,  Ali Syed, PhD., Salon Commodities, Inc.
The first generation smoothing products were based upon crosslinking hair with formaldehyde that posed severe health problems. In this study, the new reactive ingredient Glyoxyloyl Carbocysteine (and) Glyoxyloyl Amino Acids, was evaluated as straightening and smoothing agent without emitting high levels of formaldehyde during the treatment process.

Beautiful Textures: Inner-Active Leave-In Conditioner: Aqua , Glyoxyloyl Carbocysteine , Glyoxyloyl Keratin Amino Acids , Shea Butter Aminodpropyltrimonium Chloride , CyclopentaSiloxane , dimethiconol , dimethicone crosspolymer , Silanetriol , panthenol , Isopropyl Palmitate , methylchloroisothiazolinone , methylisothiazolinone 

This seems like it's the Keratin Treatment revamped with less formaldehyde. That being said, this could very well work. 

Date Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 7:56pm
tatee didn't you call them out on this shyt being permanent a while back? I don't trust none of that shyt.

Posted By: naturesgift
Date Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 8:21pm
I only last like 1 day before it starts to wave back up that is until ... my Domonician salon disaster

Posted By: ShadyLady
Date Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 8:36pm
I don't trust it...especially by that company lol.

Posted By: rell85
Date Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 8:47pm
No but sistawithrealhair on yt hair stays straight for a month she's heat trained tho.

Posted By: JamCaygirl
Date Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 9:23pm
Ive seen this in a lot of places since it launched, i think in Jan.
Looks like their tactic was to send free samples to a lot of vloggers with natural hair and get them to try it and review it.

Maybe they think we will find it more palatable if it is recommended by one of us.

I guess these companies need to recoup some of the money they lost from relaxers with people going natural....

Posted By: miana79
Date Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 10:46pm
I think people are better off using nairobi.

Date Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by JamCaygirl JamCaygirl wrote:

Ive seen this in a lot of places since it launched, i think in Jan.
Looks like their tactic was to send free samples to a lot of vloggers with natural hair and get them to try it and review it.

Maybe they think we will find it more palatable if it is recommended by one of us.

I guess these companies need to recoup some of the money they lost from relaxers with people going natural....

I guess they said they gon f*ck up yo shyt someway somehow...Sleepy

Posted By: stardaqueenb23
Date Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 4:11am
All I want to know is what vendor can mimic her natural texture in the video?

Posted By: AmiliaCabral
Date Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 5:28am
She let a bald lady use some new products and straighten her hair? Celeb stylist or not I couldn't

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 7:30am
^DeadLOL

Date Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 10:42am
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

tatee didn't you call them out on this shyt being permanent a while back? I don't trust none of that shyt.

hmmm i dont think i ever thought is was permanent.  i remember calling foul about them not posting their ingredients so that people can know exactly what they are putting in their hair.  i think i thought at the time that it was similar to those Brazilian keratin treatments.  i still havent checked out the ingredients but mostly because it fell off my radar.  today im thinking as long as it washes out in the next wash without permanent damage im pretty fine with it.  still dont get why you need a kit to flat iron your hair but ok.

Posted By: NARSAddict
Date Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 11:33am
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

hmmm i dont think i ever thought is was permanent.  i remember calling foul about them not posting their ingredients so that people can know exactly what they are putting in their hair.  i think i thought at the time that it was similar to those Brazilian keratin treatments.  i still havent checked out the ingredients but mostly because it fell off my radar.  today im thinking as long as it washes out in the next wash without permanent damage im pretty fine with it.  still dont get why you need a kit to flat iron your hair but ok.

My guess is that it is for those whose hair revert at slightest of elevated humidity.  Or those ho want to rock a straighten style longer for a day.

Posted By: Lonisha87
Date Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 12:09pm
My hair lasts 4 to 6 weeks so im sure hers can. This is a thing?

Posted By: Wildfire
Date Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

If I don't exercise or get my hair wet and avoid sweating my press can last about 4 weeks. 

thats possible?

Posted By: Wildfire
Date Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 12:13pm
i have a feeling on longer hair it can last...less chance of the ends reverting...hair closer to the scalp and short hair being close to body heat will revert quicker? ....

Posted By: 510QUEEN
Date Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 1:07pm
my daughter's does.  She ain't letting nothing make that hair revert.  I gets my $45 worth!

Date Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 1:54pm
the only reason my hair reverts quickly now days is because i no longer have done professionally and i only do soft presses.  i hard press is gonna last on my hair until it screams uncle.

Date Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 2:00pm
Most people who press their hair seem to have permanently stretched hair. I guess that's what some of them want but...

Date Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 2:07pm

Most people who press their hair seem to have permanently stretched hair. I guess that's what some of them want but...

i dont really pay that close attention attention to other ppls hair but that has never happened to me. before my texturizer i would have loved heat damage and probably wouldnt have made that move.  i know better now but stillLOL

Posted By: Bribby
Date Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 3:42pm
I been using their like serum just the oily stuff and it really helps my hair it adds shine and protects it from the heat and smells good, haven't seen the shampoo and conditioner though

Date Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 3:49pm
Yall must have some beast hair, cause my hair reverts by day 2 or 3. It'll still be stretched but it'll look more like a blow out than a flat iron.

Posted By: Journey94
Date Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 4:03pm
Never had this issue, my hair stays straight for a long time. Takes about 2 months of using the cg method for my hair to fully revert back. I used a pressing comb instead of the flat iron though. You don't need a kit.

But I just wear straight weave now instead of straightening my own hair

Posted By: ScorpioLuv
Date Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 5:35pm
My question after reading reviews is what's the difference between this and other similar aimed products like Organix/Orgx, Suave etc? That it's marketed to black women? Confused

Posted By: JamCaygirl
Date Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by AmiliaCabral AmiliaCabral wrote:

She let a bald lady use some new products and straighten her hair? Celeb stylist or not I couldn't

lmao!

Posted By: hautsdeseine
Date Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 10:49pm
My hair reverts few hours after the press/flat iron. The next day, its kindda blown dried look

Posted By: Miss B
Date Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 11:01pm
Her hair looks kinda like mine did when I would get it flat ironed ever other week by a stylist who didn't BURN my hair straight. It was still thick and poofy, just poofier by the roots.

I don't know her story though. Maybe that's the way her hair grows.

I looked at the ingredients for that Tresemme 7 day keratin "kit". Similar idea. Honestly I'm more likely to try that product than this one.

Print Page | Close Window