Forum Name: Weaves / Extensions
Forum Description: Discussions on Weaves
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=369808
Printed Date: Oct 23 2017 at 1:01pm

Topic: Yea so...
Posted By: Bribby
Subject: Yea so...
Date Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 7:34am
I posted something about getting hair in an Indian vendor post or something like that...
My mom purchased some hair from a website we found, they had a tradeindia and aliexpress and very nice website and presentation...

Anyways I feel like the hair sucks.. it started tangling when I went to blow dry it and after being installed already tangling...

I'm wearing two 20 inches, and some of an 18 inch bundle..

It's mainly the second 20 inch bundle that is doing the share of tangling, it is a lighter brown than the first one as well.

I washed with Mizani clarifying shampoo and conditioned real quick with 2 conditioners, cant remember the name, one was expensive though.

I let the company know and they asked did I wash it shampoo, condition and put any oils on it.

I told them what I did above, they said to try oil like a serum and sometimes it does that...

I did that and the hair got way to oily looking and it did minimize some of the tangling but it still is doing that.

So I don't believe I can recommend this company. & at first they sent two 8inch bundles instead of the 20, which they did send free of shipping charge

Debating writing back and letting them know their solution did not completely work.

Replies:
Posted By: Princess Grace
Date Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 9:14am
Try some silicon mix shampoo $ conditioner....

Date Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 9:56am
Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

Try some silicon mix shampoo $ conditioner....

Okay I am thank you for the reply

Posted By: CurvyGirl27
Date Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 11:04am
Silicon Mix was going to be my recommendation also. I would like to say I am also surprised that they corrected your order and didn't expect you to pay for them to ship the correct items out. Many vendors, regardless of the mistake they make, expect the customer to do that or will completely ignore them when they have an issue with their hair. It seems like their intentions are good. I'd suggest continuing to reach out to them for assistance since they seem willing to help. 

Date Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 11:38am
Originally posted by CurvyGirl27 CurvyGirl27 wrote:

Silicon Mix was going to be my recommendation also. I would like to say I am also surprised that they corrected your order and didn't expect you to pay for them to ship the correct items out. Many vendors, regardless of the mistake they make, expect the customer to do that or will completely ignore them when they have an issue with their hair. It seems like their intentions are good. I'd suggest continuing to reach out to them for assistance since they seem willing to help. 
Yeah they didn't have an attitude or anything about the messed up order or the tangling. They do seem very nice.. 

Posted By: ladybugj
Date Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 7:44am
Originally posted by ssssssss ssssssss wrote:

what happened to you just have happened to me.  But the vendor is not Silicon Mix, it is Uniwigs. i have bought all my wigs from this vendor. their wigs are  great whether the color or the texture. Have you bought wigs from this online store? 

Ok, I guess you work for uniwigs, Smh. FYI silicon mix is a product line for the hair not a vendor

Posted By: rredict
Date Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 2:44pm
Suppliers are always up in our threads.

Posted By: MrsPat14
Date Posted: Apr 10 2014 at 1:30pm
I'm a newbie to bhm and I  have been lurking for a little while. Thanx bribby for your help. Just wanted to share tho that I watched a yt video about the silicon mix and the kanechom conditioner mixed together. I was persuaded to try them and I bought them off amazon along the silicon mix shampoo, the shampoo isn't sulfate free though and i didn't like how it made my hair feel, but I will say that the silicon mix conditioner smells sooooo good. Also the kanechom is liquidy and mixes well in my opinion with the silicon mix and like I said has a nice smell. Mayb that could help you with the tangling, I used them on my natural or not so natural hair tho (trying to transition), and it made my hair very soft, so I hope it'll work for my extensions when I finally get ma hair. 

Date Posted: Apr 12 2014 at 10:15am
Thanks MrsPat14 I think the hair is beautiful if it would stop tangling. I've tried that garnier spray oil it made it too greasy. I tried a mix of hair oil and it was a little better. The best has been grapeseed oil doesn't make hair to shinny greasy and no tangles thank goodness. I still want to try the silicon mix. Is there anything yall can recommend that I can get at sally's until the silicon comes in, I have to order it. I can't find it anywhere, I've tried walgreens and they don't have it. 
Maybe the Aphogee? 

Date Posted: Apr 12 2014 at 10:19am
Originally posted by Bribby Bribby wrote:

Thanks MrsPat14 I think the hair is beautiful if it would stop tangling. I've tried that garnier spray oil it made it too greasy. I tried a mix of hair oil and it was a little better. The best has been grapeseed oil doesn't make hair to shinny greasy and no tangles thank goodness. I still want to try the silicon mix. Is there anything yall can recommend that I can get at sally's until the silicon comes in, I have to order it. I can't find it anywhere, I've tried walgreens and they don't have it. 
Maybe the Aphogee? 

Is there a house of beauty where you are, the one's in Philadelphia carry silicon mix

Date Posted: Apr 12 2014 at 10:36am
Nope all we have is mainly Sally's.
The culture is majority Mexican so not really many black hair stores here or like other ethnicities such as dominican or cuban or anything. 
I'm going to call some of the hair stores I know of but I doubt they'll have it.

Date Posted: Apr 12 2014 at 10:50am
Originally posted by Bribby Bribby wrote:

Nope all we have is mainly Sally's.
The culture is majority Mexican so not really many black hair stores here or like other ethnicities such as dominican or cuban or anything. 
I'm going to call some of the hair stores I know of but I doubt they'll have it.

I do know that Sally's has a few argan oil hair masks. There's also a line they carry called miracle 7 which has some deep conditioners. A while back I purchased Nunaat Brazilian keratin intensive hair mask from Walgreens and I actually liked it. It was around 5 or 6 bucks.

Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 9:18am
Hey guys so I tried all types of conditioners, the ends are just dry and the hair is still tangling a bit, it's like weighed down so I don't know if I got all of the conditioner out...

ANYWHO my real question is do I need the whole silicon mix set or mainly just the conditioner?

Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 9:32am
I looked at old threads and seems like you need mainly the conditioner since the shampoo probably has sulfates..
I bought a 16oz jar for around $13

Posted By: lovebeautyhair
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 10:03am
how much did you pay for the hair? is it expensive?

Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 8:44pm
about 68 per bundle for the 20 inches

Date Posted: Apr 20 2014 at 7:35am
Hey Bribby,
I was gonna ask how's that hair holding up but it doesn't sound like its doing too good. Did you try the kanechom mixed with the silicon mix? Maybe you'll get better results. Or probably the hair just really sucks like you said. So sad... you should let the company know that their hair is no good.

Date Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by MrsPat14 MrsPat14 wrote:

Hey Bribby,
I was gonna ask how's that hair holding up but it doesn't sound like its doing too good. Did you try the kanechom mixed with the silicon mix? Maybe you'll get better results. Or probably the hair just really sucks like you said. So sad... you should let the company know that their hair is no good.

Hello the hair is getting easier to manage... I deep conditioned with diff conditioner packets... waiting to try the silicon mix and going to use the steamer. It may have been the weather. It tangled here and there but not like it was. I plan on emailing them once more after I try the silicon mix.

Date Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 5:39pm
Let me know how it goes. They have not been very accommodating, long response times etc, feel like i'm hunting them down. Don't really like that so I'm still researching, but I'm still weighing my mind about taking the leap. We'll see I guess.

Date Posted: Apr 22 2014 at 8:21am
Originally posted by MrsPat14 MrsPat14 wrote:

Let me know how it goes. They have not been very accommodating, long response times etc, feel like i'm hunting them down. Don't really like that so I'm still researching, but I'm still weighing my mind about taking the leap. We'll see I guess.
How weird I've been noticing that. When we purchased the hair they would respond everyday when they got up I believe around 12 Am here.. I have noticed they've been way slower on the response time now.

We had went with them because they had a verynice website and youtube videos in their factory something I hadn't seen with others so I'm like they have to be legit.

We had hair for like 6 years the same batch of Indian hair we had a lot and it was so good hair, hand wefted.
I know hair has change sooo much since then, so I'm like how do I even know this is Indian hair because I'm comparing it to the old hair but that hair was over 6 years old and quality has definitely changed.

Date Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 9:33am
I LOVE Silicon Mix!!!
It really truly works. My hair is so nice and soft now. Not tangling as much. The scent isn't nearly as bad as it is sad to be. Smells like strong lotion. SOO in love

Date Posted: May 02 2014 at 4:48am
Yaay bribs! u finally got it. I'm so happy it worked for u.

Print Page | Close Window