Print Page | Close Window

IN A STATE OF SHOCK AND DISBELIEF

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=369802
Printed Date: Oct 23 2017 at 11:40am

Topic: IN A STATE OF SHOCK AND DISBELIEF
Posted By: oneluv
Subject: IN A STATE OF SHOCK AND DISBELIEF
Date Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 1:51am
I just heard my 14 year old brother making fun of a little girl for having dark skin and saying she looked like Wiz Khalifa.... This little girl was pretty even for European standards. She looked like a lighter versions of Gabrielle Union Confused I honestly am heart broken, embarrassed and don't know where my parents went wrong. My sis and I went out of are way to make sure he didn't end up just another ignorant black guy. Whats wrong with this generation of kids?? What can we do to change this? Im more so shocked that the girl he spoke of was so attractive and that because of her skin color was dubbed ugly?!?!?! This has to stop.... Black people are just going to hate themselves into extinction.

Replies:
Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 1:52am
guuurrrl...

i'm sorry.  I don't know what to tell you.

Posted By: liesnalibis
Date Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 1:54am
Lawd I expected the worst when I came in here. Whew!...

He prolly got a crush on her.

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 1:57am
Originally posted by oneluv oneluv wrote:

I just heard my 14 year old brother making fun of a little girl for having dark skin and saying she looked like Wiz Khalifa.... This little girl was pretty even for European standards. She looked like a lighter versions of Gabrielle Union Confused I honestly am heart broken, embarrassed and don't know where my parents went wrong. My sis and I went out of are way to make sure he didn't end up just another ignorant black guy. Whats wrong with this generation of kids?? What can we do to change this? Im more so shocked that the girl he spoke of was so attractive and that because of her skin color was dubbed ugly?!?!?! This has to stop.... Black people are just going to hate themselves into extinction.

Your brother is probably just a lil coon..

But what was his reasoning for his statements?

You spoken to him yet?

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 2:08am
at 14 i made fun of everybody for everything. 
so i dont know op..dont really know what to say.

Posted By: Majesty02
Date Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 2:10am
Lil baby coon in training. I'm sure Willie Lynch would be sooooooo proud

Posted By: femmemichelle
Date Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 2:17am
All I want in this life is for my future sons to love black women. Das all. 

Sorry about your predicament lol. 

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 2:18am
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

Lawd I expected the worst when I came in here. Whew!...

He prolly got a crush on her.

Yea he wants her attention.
She prolly payin' him dust.

Date Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 2:21am
To all of you saying he probably likes her... No, he said "she's dark and ugly" and then went on to say Master Ps daughter Cymphonique is his dream girl smh. I just spent the past 10 min lecturing him about everything from Willie Lynch, him hating himself and why he's a disappointment. On this path he's gonna grow up and be a coon just like my other brother, who my sister and I never wanted him to be like. SMH. My other brother is everything a girl would want in a guy but he seriously has self hatred problems and only date whites and mixed girls that don't look black smh.

Date Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 2:22am
I should add my other brother I speak of would hardly even date a mixed girl. So fing frustrating.

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 2:27am
Choke him

Posted By: juniper angel
Date Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 2:31am
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

Choke him

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 2:35am
LOL

Date Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 2:36am

Choke him

Posted By: Journey94
Date Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 3:21am
Originally posted by Majesty02 Majesty02 wrote:

Willie lynch is not real

Posted By: DiorShowGirl
Date Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 4:14am

Choke him

*F A I N T S_______________________________*

Posted By: Up&Out39
Date Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 4:24am

Choke him

Your post paired with Daffy Duck's character from the looney toons show AND his facial expression in that pic made me chuckle Embarrassed

Posted By: Lilaca
Date Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 4:38am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Originally posted by oneluv oneluv wrote:

Your brother is probably just a lil coon..

But what was his reasoning for his statements?

You spoken to him yet?
Dead

Posted By: Lilaca
Date Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 4:44am
You need to try some reverse psychology ish on him...

Where is his hatred coming from?

I think you need to tell your brother the stories of his people....

-How blacks including black woman invented ish and the clear man stole it
-How boys like him are targets for the po po no matter the skin tone
-How anything non black really views him 

Posted By: AmiliaCabral
Date Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 5:01am

Choke him

LMAO!!

I got a lil brother...I dunno about yours but I'd prob be like, and who told you your ass was cute, you lil punk ass bitch

But somebody said that was emotional abuse :-/

But your lil bro probably just got his feelings hurt calling her ugly. She prob ain't paying him no mind so the only way he can get some attn is to call her dark & ugly. She turned him down and his lil teenage pride is. Bruised

Posted By: naturesgift
Date Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 5:58am
not only do you have to instill pride and Knowledge in him you have to keep him away from all the outside ignorance that he is surrounded by YOUR brother like so many has been brainwashed and is suffering from internalized race issues the best you can do is tell him FRANKly how he hurt you by what he has said tell him exactly how you feel! even though he may not agree with you now but he may one day change his mind!~ your influence means everything! also try and take him around some other types of black people and other people in general because he does not sound well rounded

Posted By: bunzaveli
Date Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 6:57am
Originally posted by Lilaca Lilaca wrote:

You need to try some reverse psychology ish on him...

Where is his hatred coming from?

I think you need to tell your brother the stories of his people....

-How blacks including black woman invented ish and the clear man stole it
-How boys like him are targets for the po po no matter the skin tone
-How anything non black really views him 

you really believe this will make him find darker skin women attractive ?

Posted By: bunzaveli
Date Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 6:59am
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

what have your parents done to make sure he didn't end up like your other brother?
better question would be what have her parents done to make 2 of there sons coons

i wonder if op dates white men

Date Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 7:16am
Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

what have your parents done to make sure he didn't end up like your other brother?
better question would be what have her parents done to make 2 of there sons coons

cross ref the good docs thread

Posted By: kfoxx1998
Date Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 7:31am
He is emulating your older brother.  I would focus on showing him the true character of that specific family member. 

If he's talking like that at 14 it probably means race hasn't been seriously discussed with him from a proud black family member.  I think you need to do that in a way that teaches him pride instead the sh*t he's probably learning from other 14 year olds and a certified coon.   If you really want to help him you need to make time to take him outside of the house and get his ear by doing something he likes.  Like laser tag or something.  Laser tag + a lesson in colorism on a lovely Sunday afternoon...

Posted By: iliveforbhm
Date Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 7:43am

Black males are more susceptible to Eurocentric propaganda then black women who identify their race before gender/sex.

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 8:07am
i heard my cousin (female, just turned 13) making fun of her sisters color (5) like saying she was really dark.. i didnt like it and told them that i didnt like it.. 

but i talked to her mom about it later.. and she allows it.. she said, 'thats how they play' if the mom allows it my hands are tied. i explained to her that with the girl being so young she can grow to feel like dark skin is not cute cus jokes are being made about it.. she agreed.. but she still allows it. i think she'll teach her dark daughter that her skin is gorgeous so im not really worried.. but i still didnt like it. 
Ermm

Posted By: mangachan
Date Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 8:15am
Originally posted by AmiliaCabral AmiliaCabral wrote:

Choke him

LMAO!!

I got a lil brother...I dunno about yours but I'd prob be like, and who told you your ass was cute, you lil punk ass bitch

But your lil bro probably just got his feelings hurt calling her ugly.
She prob ain't paying him no mind so the only way he can get some attn is to call her dark & ugly. She turned him down and his lil teenage pride is. Bruised

Why he have to go for the skin color though?  Because he is a self hating coon that's why.  OP, If there is anyone you think he may respect that is a darker skinned black woman you could be like "so and so is dark skinned, would you say that to her?"  But idk, coon logic doesn't make sense.  I tell ya, I always wanted a younger sibling but these days I'm glad I don't have to deal with this mess.

Posted By: mangachan
Date Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 8:17am
Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

Good points about the parents though.  Parents (even my own) SERIOUSLY drop the ball with sons in almost every area of life.

Date Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 8:30am
Originally posted by mangachan mangachan wrote:

Choke him

LMAO!!

But your lil bro probably just got his feelings hurt calling her ugly.
She prob ain't paying him no mind so the only way he can get some attn is to call her dark & ugly. She turned him down and his lil teenage pride is. Bruised

Why he have to go for the skin color though?  Because he is a self hating coon that's why.  OP, If there is anyone you think he may respect that is a darker skinned black woman you could be like "so and so is dark skinned, would you say that to her?"  But idk, coon logic doesn't make sense.  I tell ya, I always wanted a younger sibling but these days I'm glad I don't have to deal with this mess.

Unfortunately dark skin is an easy target. The girl is pretty so the only shot at her self-esteem he can take at her is that she's dark-skinned. Lil ignant ass boys

Posted By: iliveforbhm
Date Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 9:51am
The white man has your brother's brain.

Posted By: el_bandido
Date Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 9:58am
you digging to deep 

Posted By: MsBMW
Date Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 10:01am
I can understand why women/girls bleach their skin..I don't agree with it for myself but I understand...being a darkie I grew up being tormented for my skin color

Posted By: NJHairLuv
Date Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 11:25am
I notice a lot of verbal violence against dark skinned women on instagram. I usually see dark skinned men and non-black women reposting the gifs. Is he on IG a lot? He may be learning this hate on social media. Boys at his age are heavily influences by their peer group, so if he hears his boys say that dark skinned women are a no-no, he has been molded to have the same view by his outside influencers.

Posted By: Wildfire
Date Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 11:39am
date? he's 14.

I would give him a good talking to

Posted By: Majesty02
Date Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 11:42am
Originally posted by Journey94 Journey94 wrote:

Originally posted by Majesty02 Majesty02 wrote:

Willie lynch is not real

Well I was actually being sarcastic. But I'm curious, do you have factual information to support your theory? Some think the Willie Lynch letter is debatable. But obviously some brainwashing went on back in the day. Which is why the Black race is soo divided now.

Posted By: Princess Grace
Date Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 1:18pm
Did you ask him does he think all dark skinned girls are ugly or just that one? 

I thought my son was having a coon moment but it wasnt the fact that she was dark skinned , it was her nasty attitude, and her clingy , stalker type activities. I thought she was sweet but it was a whole other side to that basket case. 

Ask him what he finds so attractive about Master P daughter if he says her skin color then yeah , its a problem. 

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by el_bandido el_bandido wrote:

you digging to deep 

Too damn deep....

Date Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 1:44pm
Is your lil bro dark-skinned? Does he think he's ugly?

Posted By: liesnalibis
Date Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 2:20pm

Is your lil bro dark-skinned? Does he think he's ugly?

LoL most likely...

Posted By: NARSAddict
Date Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 2:44pm
Where is his father in all of this?

Print Page | Close Window