Print Page | Close Window

Children complaining about M.Obama

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=369773
Printed Date: Jul 18 2018 at 5:35pm

Topic: Children complaining about M.Obama
Posted By: Lilaca
Subject: Children complaining about M.Obama
Date Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 4:52am

'I'll never forgive Michelle Obama for this school lunch': Students sick of smaller, healthier portions take to social media to rail against first lady's pet project

By  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/search.html?s=&authornamef=Daily+Mail+Reporters" rel="nofollow - DAILY MAIL REPORTERS

PUBLISHED: 05:12, 7 April 2014 UPDATED: 05:21, 7 April 2014

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2598525/Ill-never-forgive-Michelle-Obama-school-lunch-Students-sick-smaller-healthier-portions-social-media-rail-against-ladys-pet-project.html#comments" rel="nofollow -

American public school students sick of the smaller portions and healthier offerings they get at lunch thanks to Michelle Obama's anti-obesity initiatives are sounding off on social media.

Just a month after school lunch participation saw the steepest drop on record following the implementation of the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act, students tired of going home hungry are making sure the first lady knows why.

'I'll never forgive Michelle Obama for this school lunch,' tweeted one angry student.

Small portions: Students who rely on school lunch for five meals a week are complaining en masse via social media about the changes Michelle Obamas pet anti-obesity legislation has made to their lunches
+6

Small portions: Students who rely on school lunch for five meals a week are complaining en masse via social media about the changes Michelle Obama's pet anti-obesity legislation has made to their lunches

Many of the tweets have come complete with photos of sad looking lunches, some of which don't even look all that healthy.

The extremely negative reviews have over a million kids refusing to eat the offerings, an ironic result for legislation meant to combat hunger.

The first lady rolled out the law's final regulations in January 2012 with a presentation linked to her 'Let's Move!' children's health initiative. Changes took effect that fall. In the ensuing nine months, 33 states cited 'challenges with palatability – food that tasted good to students' as one reason sales tumbled.

Dont like it: Not only do the kids say its not enough, but theyre complaining it tastes terrible, too
+6

Don't like it: Not only do the kids say it's not enough, but they're complaining it tastes terrible, too

Not interested: A government watchdog group recorded the steepest drop in school lunch participation on record in the year following the implementation of the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010
+6

Not interested: A government watchdog group recorded the steepest drop in school lunch participation on record in the year following the implementation of the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010

Hard to believe: One parent even tweeted her outrage over the lunches
+6

Hard to believe: One parent even tweeted her outrage over the lunches

Outraged: Some students became irate about the change in their lunch and blamed the president and first lady personally with the help of Twitter
+6

Outraged: Some students became irate about the change in their lunch and blamed the president and first lady personally with the help of Twitter

One change in the nutrition standards, a reduction in the maximum calorie-count of each meal, came under fire from student-athletes at the high school level who complained that their bodies needed more food in order to sustain long workouts and build muscle mass.

Adolescent outrage over the smaller portions led a group of teens at Wallace County High School in Sharon Springs, Kansas to publish an online music video, aimed at Mrs. Obama, titled 'We Are Hungry.'

Millions have watched it on YouTube.

Mrs. Obama has spent a great deal of time on her school lunch agenda. Will it be derailed by outraged adolescents?
+6

Mrs. Obama has spent a great deal of time on her school lunch agenda. Will it be derailed by outraged adolescents?

Read more:
  • http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/04/05/students-fed-up-with-michelle-obamas-school-lunch-overhaul-menu-item-snapshots-spell-out-why/" rel="nofollow - Students Fed Up With Michelle Obama¿s School Lunch Overhaul ¿ Menu-Item Snapshots Spell Out Why

Read more:  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2598525/Ill-never-forgive-Michelle-Obama-school-lunch-Students-sick-smaller-healthier-portions-social-media-rail-against-ladys-pet-project.html#ixzz2yC0duW8Y" rel="nofollow - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2598525/Ill-never-forgive-Michelle-Obama-school-lunch-Students-sick-smaller-healthier-portions-social-media-rail-against-ladys-pet-project.html#ixzz2yC0duW8Y  
Follow us:  http://ec.tynt.com/b/rw?id=bBOTTqvd0r3Pooab7jrHcU&u=MailOnline" rel="nofollow - @MailOnline on Twitter  |  http://ec.tynt.com/b/rf?id=bBOTTqvd0r3Pooab7jrHcU&u=DailyMail" rel="nofollow - DailyMail on Facebook

Replies:
Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 4:55am
Lmao.

Posted By: liesnalibis
Date Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 4:57am
LOL

Date Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 5:00am
This is killing me!!! LOLLOLLOLLOL

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 5:02am
damn.

Posted By: indiecat
Date Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 5:32am
They probably have a salad bar and can bring fruit

Posted By: Princess Grace
Date Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 5:34am
It seems they did this to be dramatical, it looks like they opted out of other items if not they should contact their school board not the white house . They offer fruit , salads and other stuff at my sons school.

They still even have french fries they are just baked .

Posted By: ppp38
Date Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 5:34am
If their parents won't do it, these "kids" are old enough to make their own lunch and bring it to school. It is not the governments responsibility to fatten your kids. 

Date Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 5:41am
Originally posted by indiecat indiecat wrote:

They probably have a salad bar and can bring fruit

most likely.  My school did.  A full salad bar.   trust and believe we utilized it.  had bacon bits and errything.LOL

Date Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 5:45am
Don't they still serve breakfast ? and some high schools have little snack bars, don't know if they got rid of that. The kids who dont get the free lunch or don't like it used to be able to buy other foods when I was in high school, but it was fast food, we had our snack bar as well which was also unhealthy lol. We also could get seconds at times

Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 5:46am
LMFAOOOOO

Michelle, I love you.. but those portions are a damn shame!! That food does NOT look desirable!

Date Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 5:47am
a sammich or a scoop of salad?  that don't even sound right.  I need to see some detailed lunch lists cause ain't no way they tryna just give kids a scoop of salad for lunch.  Are they not implementing the changes correctly or are the kids/parents not telling everything?

Date Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 5:57am
I think this is an example of a few lunch menus.
Below, a snapshot of innovative dishes being served in schools around the country, according to the School Nutrition Association. All meet the new federal guidelines:

1. Knox County Schools, Tenn.

Pizza made with a whole-grain crust and reduced-sodium sauce using sweet potato purée

Spinach Maria (a local dish) or steamed broccoli

Locally grown melon slices

2. Shawnee Public Schools, Okla.

Chopped BBQ brisket-on-a-bun

Squash sticks

Baked beans

Pineapple

3. Arlington Public Schools, Va.

Whole-grain cheese ravioli or turkey and cheese wrap

Romaine salad

Fresh fruit

Cucumber coins

[See Rethinking The Kid-Veggie Relationship.]

4. Highline Public Schools, Wash.

Beef barley stew

Rosemary wheat roll

Crunchy coleslaw

Chilled pears

5. Andover Public Schools, Mass.

Homemade chicken pot pie over a whole-grain biscuit

Oven-roasted butternut squash

Cranberry sauce

Fresh cantaloupe

At the school I worked at, the kids loved the heathy foods. They got breakfast and lunch and they actually bright fruit and like 1 unhealthy things. The problem was they opened up something called the snack snack and kids hauled azz over there after school.

Date Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 6:05am
Here is a sample of what the menus used to look like and what they look like now.

Monday:
Before:

Bean and cheese burrito (5.3 oz) with mozzarella cheese (1 oz)
Applesauce (1/4 cup)
Orange juice (4 oz)
2 percent milk (8 oz)

After:

Turkey (1 oz) and low-fat cheese (0.5 oz) sandwich on whole wheat bread
Refried beans (1/2 cup)
Jicama (1/4 cup)
Green pepper strips (1/4 cup)
Cantaloupe wedges (1/2 cup)
Skim milk (8 oz)
Mustard (9 grams)
Reduced fat mayonnaise (1 oz)
Low-fat ranch drip (1 oz)
USDA school lunch changes: What's on the menu?

Tuesday:
Before:

Hot dog on bun (3 oz) with ketchup (4 tbsp.)
Canned pears (1/4 cup)
Raw celery and carrots (1/8 cup each) with ranch dressing (1.75 tbsp.)
Low-fat 1 percent chocolate milk (8 oz)

After:

Whole wheat spaghetti with meat sauce (1/2 cup)
Whole wheat roll
Green beans, cooked (1/2 cup)
Broccoli (1/2 cup)
Cauliflower (1/2 cup)
Kiwi halves, raw (1/2 cup)
Low-fat 1 percent milk (8 oz)
Low-fat ranch dip (1 oz)
Soft margarine (5 g)

info

AP
The new menus ensure students are served both fruits and veggies all five days of the school week.

Wednesday:
Before:

Pizza sticks (3.8 oz) with marinara sauce (1/4 cup)
Banana
Raisins (1 oz)
Whole milk (8 oz)

After:

Chef salad (1 cup romaine, 0.5 oz low-fat mozzarella, 1.5 oz grilled chicken)
Whole wheat soft pretzel (2.5 oz)
Corn, cooked (1/2 cup)
Baby carrots, raw (1/4 cup)
Banana
Skim chocolate milk (8 oz)
Low-fat ranch dressing (1.5 oz)
Low-fat Italian dressing (1.5 oz)

Thursday:
Before:

Breaded beef patty (4 oz) with ketchup (2 tbsp.)
Wheat roll (2 oz)
Frozen fruit juice bar (2.4 oz)
2 percent milk (8 oz)

After:

Oven-baked fish nuggets (2 oz)
Whole wheat roll
Mashed potatoes (1/2 cup)
Steamed broccoli (1/2 cup)
Peaches (canned, packed in juice - 1/2 cup)
Skim milk (8 oz)
Tartar sauce (1.5 oz)
Soft margarine (5 g)

Friday:
Before:

Cheese pizza (4.8 oz)
Canned pineapple (1/4 cup)
Tater tots (1/2 cup) with ketchup (2 tbsp.)
Low-fat 1 percent chocolate milk (8 oz)

After:

Whole wheat cheese pizza (1 slice)
Baked sweet potato fries (1/2 cup)
Grape tomatoes, raw (1/4 cup)
Applesauce (1/2 cup)
Low-fat 1 percent milk (8 oz)
Low-fat ranch dip (1 oz)

Date Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 6:33am
i'd rather have the after.   looks like you're gettin' more stuff and more options.  Where's the rest of the food in the tweeted pictures?  They out there lyin' on Michelle?

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 6:57am
that looks pathetic lol.

Posted By: iliveforbhm
Date Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 7:05am

See children are rising up and realizing the Obamas are just some scam artists saying Change gonna come and realize ain't nothing coming, just the same ol'e BS. There is no hope!!! Ron Paul 2016.

Posted By: bunzaveli
Date Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 7:06am
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

i'd rather have the after.   looks like you're gettin' more stuff and more options.  Where's the rest of the food in the tweeted pictures?  They out there lyin' on Michelle?

they itemized more in the after menu, making it look like its more. mayonaise, mustard and ranch aint no damn meal

Originally posted by indiecat indiecat wrote:

Here is a sample of what the menus used to look like and what they look like now.

Monday:
Before:

Bean and cheese burrito (5.3 oz) with mozzarella cheese (1 oz)
Applesauce (1/4 cup)
Orange juice (4 oz)
2 percent milk (8 oz)

After:

Turkey (1 oz) and low-fat cheese (0.5 oz) sandwich on whole wheat bread
Refried beans (1/2 cup)
Jicama (1/4 cup)
Green pepper strips (1/4 cup)
Cantaloupe wedges (1/2 cup)
Skim milk (8 oz)
Mustard (9 grams)
Reduced fat mayonnaise (1 oz)
Low-fat ranch drip (1 oz)

and that sh*t them kids posted as meals aint right.

Date Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 7:09am
Originally posted by Lilaca Lilaca wrote:

'I'll never forgive Michelle Obama for this school lunch': Students sick of smaller, healthier portions take to social media to rail against first lady's pet project

By  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/search.html?s=&authornamef=Daily+Mail+Reporters" rel="nofollow - DAILY MAIL REPORTERS

PUBLISHED: 05:12, 7 April 2014 UPDATED: 05:21, 7 April 2014

•  

•  

•  

•  

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2598525/Ill-never-forgive-Michelle-Obama-school-lunch-Students-sick-smaller-healthier-portions-social-media-rail-against-ladys-pet-project.html#comments" rel="nofollow - - 102

American public school students sick of the smaller portions and healthier offerings they get at lunch thanks to Michelle Obama's anti-obesity initiatives are sounding off on social media.

Just a month after school lunch participation saw the steepest drop on record following the implementation of the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act, students tired of going home hungry are making sure the first lady knows why.

'I'll never forgive Michelle Obama for this school lunch,' tweeted one angry student.

Small portions: Students who rely on school lunch for five meals a week are complaining en masse via social media about the changes Michelle Obamas pet anti-obesity legislation has made to their lunches
+6

also to be fair, when i was in school this was one of the typical meals, minus the vegetables. a chicken sandwich, milk, and vegetables. that was back in 2000

Date Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 7:10am
these complaints aint legitimate ?

Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 7:43am
Thank her later

Posted By: kfoxx1998
Date Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 8:21am
Lies.  The font on my sons menu is so small now because they added so much stuff to it.  These kids dumped everything they didn't like/want and took a photo.  My lil man loves anything from the green garden so he's probably a lot less pressed about the changes. 

Posted By: Ming
Date Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 8:23am
a taco with ham and cheese... who serves that?

I never ate school lunch but I know that tray isn't that bare... they get more school in the summer

Date Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 8:39am
The food they posted wouldn't even meet minimum nutrition standards.  I suspect the schools will respond because they could be cited/fined for serving the sh*t those kids are posting. 

ETA:  And great "reporting" job w/o any comments from the schools they attendConfused

Date Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 8:50am
Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

these complaints aint legitimate ?

the complaints are legit if they're really only getting a dry chicken sammich and milk for lunch but...i'm sorry...these kids need more people.  Even when lunch was bad foods you had veggie's n'sh*t on the side...even if u didn't eat them.  They tryna play the FLOTUS' initiative because most likely they don't like the fact that most of their tray is covered with more whole/raw fruit and veggies than before.

now...if it comes out that these kids are tellin' the truth then I have no prollem apologizing but...I don't think that's the case here.  And let me add...if for some reason these kids are only gettin' a dry sammich for lunch. Would that be Michelle's fault if that's not what she's advocating?  If it's simply the matter of a school tryna cut corners/pocket money?

Posted By: yurika975
Date Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 8:59am
So more lies? We also see who is posting. They get a super side eye. They get more food than that. They didn't want it and then posted as if someone is starving them. 

Posted By: Qualified
Date Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 9:15am
They got the kids in on these lies too, that's jive lol! I know good damn hell well, Michelle aint sign off on bs dry ass McChoke sammich and HALF of a kiwi. Who the fucc halves a kiwi and means it??? Nah, they chose what they have pictured. The menu is much more diverse now.

I went to lunch with my god-daughter last time I was home before the holidays, and I was amazed... she goes to the same elementary school I went to, k-6 and the line looked more like a small scale picadilly's, the workers were even dressed differently. They had on really nice uniforms that were clean and some were even attractive. Im sliding down the line with her in awe of my choices. Salad bar/ fruit bar combo, that day they had small grilled chicken cutlets, and seasonal veggies as a choice among other options... I was blown away! I think I slid down the line, with a face like "where da fucc was all this when I was here!" LOL! I don't believe it.

Posted By: GoodGirlGoneGr8
Date Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 9:22am
Spolied ass kids. They chose not to accept all that's available to them. They're so use to eating garbage, anything different is just deplorable. If it's that unbearable, the parents can send them to school with the Big Mac, Large Fries, and Coke their bodies crave so much of...

Posted By: iliveforbhm
Date Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 9:28am
Packing your own lunch>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>School lunch.

Posted By: niecy
Date Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 9:29am
Why are they lying on that woman like that? Majority of the sh*t posted looks nasty and unheathy. And I'm sure M. Obama would not be making the schools give them kids just a sandwich and some milk for no lunch.

Posted By: AmiliaCabral
Date Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 9:33am
Oh so kids can't bring their own lunches anymore?

Okay.

Posted By: BeatriceBean
Date Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 9:43am

I could see this being an issue for kids who only eat at school, which happens quite often. However, the outrage seems generally ridiculous. There is an abundance of options on the new menus so if children are only eating chicken sandwiches and milk then that's solely their choice.

Don't blame FLOTUS because your kids don't want to eat fruits and vegetables.

Date Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 9:50am
It really does start at home. If youre serving up well balanced meals at home, they wouldn't get to school and stare at the meals like its a UFO!

Date Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 10:10am
Originally posted by Qualified Qualified wrote:

It really does start at home. If youre serving up well balanced meals at home, they wouldn't get to school and stare at the meals like its a UFO!

Its weird because my older kids would have rather died than eat any of the veggies at dinner.  It was so hard just to make them get a few bites down.  This one (10yr old) is a whole different beast.  Whenever we have broccoli, Brussels sprouts, okra, cabbage, squash, collard greens, carrots or anything like that I have to guard my plate.   He eats all of that first and then looks at the other sides and meat.   I can't even tell y'all how many times this lil niccah stole my okraCry

But yes it drove me crazy.  Now that they are older they are the same way.  They went from refusing to eat it, to craving it.  Brussel sprouts used to be the devil now we have to made a huge pan of it when they're here.   Sometimes we just make brocolli in olive oil with some garlic salt as a snack.  It makes me feel good to know that all the healthy food cooking and talking actually was getting through to them. 

The schools in the suburbs had a fancy salad bar though and that's the only thing my daughter would eat.  EverydayConfused

Date Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 10:16am

They got the kids in on these lies too, that's jive lol! I know good damn hell well, Michelle aint sign off on bs dry ass McChoke sammich and HALF of a kiwi. Who the fucc halves a kiwi and means it??? Nah, they chose what they have pictured. The menu is much more diverse now.

I went to lunch with my god-daughter last time I was home before the holidays, and I was amazed... she goes to the same elementary school I went to, k-6 and the line looked more like a small scale picadilly's, the workers were even dressed differently. They had on really nice uniforms. They were clean and some were even attractive. Im sliding down the line with her, in awe of my choices. Salad bar/ fruit bar combo, that day they had small grilled chicken cutlets, and seasonal veggies as a choice among other options... I was blown away! I think I slid down the line, with a face like "where da fucc was all this when I was here!" LOL! I don't believe it.

shiiid. right? *peels third kiwi*

Date Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 10:19am

word.   me and mines were some of those kids that ate their veggies at lunch.  U couldn't tell me that steamed broccoli wasn't hella good.

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 10:19am
Mad anyone actually believes this faux news propaganda.

If little Bip and Becky were only receiving a ham & cheese slice on a tortilla at high school, you would have heard about it as breaking news already.Dead

Date Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 10:20am
I laughed so hard a "this lil niccah!" I mean I know some kids refuse to eat veggies, but see when I was kid, it was not a democracy. I didn't have choices, so I either got into those veggies or stayed hungry.

Posted By: Ming
Date Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 10:24am
Foxx.. I know a girl with kids like your youngest. They ask for more broccoli and will stalk your plate then ask for yours... I prefer that kinda kid

Posted By: HunnyB
Date Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 10:27am
LOL

Lunch menus haven't drastically changed...Even so, Kids still have the option now to pick a line.

Hot plate (standard lunch) line
Sandwich line
Burger Line
Pizza Line
and a dessert bar

Date Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 10:30am
Man I love him for it too.  When he was a baby he would sit in the high chair and have greens beans in both hands just eating them and pointing for more.   No matter what we put in front of him he ate any and everything green first.  

@qualified - my dad used to have me sitting at the dinner table until bedtime.  I would be falling asleep and those brussel sprouts would reappear the next dayDead

Posted By: 510QUEEN
Date Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 12:34pm
im sorry for laughing.......but I didn't know so many Caucasian children received free lunch. LOL

mean while i have to pay $3 for breakfast and $4 for lunch...................which is why my child eats at home.  If its not enough or nasty take your own lunch to school

Posted By: MissinCali
Date Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 1:17pm
When they have heart disease they will wish they had eaten that healthy food...

Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 1:49pm
Childhood obesity is slowing down. Will she get credit?

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 1:55pm
^Now you know...LOL

Posted By: OhMyCurlz
Date Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 1:59pm
I don't feel like it's the governments job to make sure my kids are not obese. That's my job. 

My kids will more than likely have a packed lunch anyway so doesn't matter to me. 

The private school I went to was a junk food HAVEN. We ALWAYS had fries for lunch. chili cheese fries, fries with hot dogs, fries with a hamburger. Then it was a big plate of them too. We had a candy machine in the lunch room and were served soda. Our lunches were NEVER healthy, but they were delicious. Like everything tasted good. Oh they had salads...I forgot. 

Date Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 2:10pm
Here is the We Are Hungry video they were talking about. 
http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IB7NDUSBOo" rel="nofollow - http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IB7NDUSBOo

Yt kids are extremely annoying and self righteous. By the time you are in high school you can choose to eat, bring your own lunch, or starve. Sh*t I NEVER ate lunch, I would bring an apple, juice and some chips and snack in class or eat that for lunch. They can get a protein bar if they are still "hungry". 

Posted By: iBetYouhNvNika
Date Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 3:19pm
The portion sizes seem about right, I'm sure there was a salad bar as well. My school lunch looked similar to that. Except I ate a salad and a grapefruit. I use to hook it up!

Posted By: tropical-punch
Date Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 4:26pm
Today's lunch at my hometown school district. sh*t. It's even better than when I was in school.Cry

Elem:
Beef & Bean Burrito
Corn
Tropical Treasures
Peach Applesauce
Condiments
Milk
Baby Carrots
Ranch Dressing

Middle & High:
Mini Twin Cheeseburgers
^Sausage Pizza Slice
PBJ Sandwich
Yogurt & Granola
Pre-Plated Salad
Fruit Salad
Condiments
Green Beans
California Blend
Fresh Fruit
Chilled Apricots
Milk

Posted By: HowardAlumAKA
Date Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 5:56pm
Hmmm, Im not buying it.

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by OhMyCurlz OhMyCurlz wrote:

I don't feel like it's the governments job to make sure my kids are not obese. That's my job. 

My kids will more than likely have a packed lunch anyway so doesn't matter to me. 

The private school I went to was a junk food HAVEN. We ALWAYS had fries for lunch. chili cheese fries, fries with hot dogs, fries with a hamburger. Then it was a big plate of them too. We had a candy machine in the lunch room and were served soda. Our lunches were NEVER healthy, but they were delicious. Like everything tasted good. Oh they had salads...I forgot. 

you both share an equal responsibility

Date Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 6:04pm
I don't feel that way. I don't co-sign the outrage of the students, however, I like as little government interference when it comes to my child as possible. 

I don't care about everyone elses kids.

Date Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 6:08pm
the govt has the responsibility to provide healthy meal choices in schools

its also your responsibility to do the same at home etc

trans fats are know to reduce alertness amongst other things,

as a parent, i would be concerned if the govt was providing meals with poor nutritional content that actually impede sensory acuity and are a barrier to learning

but hey whatever floats your boat

Date Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 6:11pm
School lunch never made anybody fat.

Posted By: Benni
Date Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 6:14pm
It's the QUALITY not quantity

Posted By: mangachan
Date Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

as a parent, i would be concerned if the govt was providing meals with poor nutritional content that actually impede sensory acuity and are a barrier to learning

Agreeing with this partially because it's true and partially because I'm imagining your voice saying this aloud and your british accent makes everything sound credible.

Seriously though, if you don't like what's at school bring something else.  When I was in school I would usually bring leftovers for lunch.

Date Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 6:17pm

Oh yes, I agree with that. 

If they don't like it they should pack a lunch. 

I've always packed lunches so I more than likely will for my kids. 

Date Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by mangachan mangachan wrote:

Agreeing with this partially because it's true and partially because I'm imagining your voice saying this aloud and your british accent makes everything sound credible.

Seriously though, if you don't like what's at school bring something else.  When I was in school I would usually bring leftovers for lunch.

im too lazy and too tired to bring up the data the data of kids that take school (read as govt) provided lunch, not out of a desire or want, but out of a need

its much easier said than to pack a lunch and is presumptuous of the kids' financial status

for those that can afford to be make a healthy choice and and are able to bring it to school.. yes do as you please, but for those that cant afford or lack the knowledge to make healthy choices then they need all the help they can get

and i can pull up the low carb, what you cook today thread etc etc to illustrate how even adults are making misinformed food choices

but im sleep though

Print Page | Close Window