Print Page | Close Window

Long Hair Dont Care?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=369711
Printed Date: Jan 23 2018 at 6:33am

Topic: Long Hair Dont Care?
Posted By: tatee
Subject: Long Hair Dont Care?
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 6:36pm
are these people really trying to say they came up with this sloganStern Smile

The story behind Long Hair Dont Care

In 2010, my girlfriend was diagnosed with cancer and inevitably lost all her hair due to chemo. Touched by her determination to still live life to the fullest, my friends and I decided to grow out our hair for Locks of Love. Long Hair Dont Care quickly spread as our slogan and calling card. In order to share the message with the rest of our friends, we had some bracelets made that said “Long Hair Dont Care” along with a few shirts. To our surprise, the message resonated with a lot of other people, too. Before too long we were producing a whole bunch of clothing products, and having a blast doing it. Our little message of life and love was spreading much farther than we ever imagined.

Today, the brand may seem like simply a fun way of life, well… In part it is. But we see it as something much more than that—a calling to inspire people to live each day like it is their last. It's not about having long hair, it's about loving everybody. Long hair. Short hair. No hair. Who cares, just give 'em all you got! We’ve now found other believers all over the world, and we’re just getting started.

That's kind of a long way of saying that we stand for empowering the individual. We believe that you can do anything you set your mind to, and we'd like to help inspire you to do that.  This is more than a clothing line, it's a community. It’s a movement. And like any movement, the foundation is rooted in a shared belief. For us, that belief is in each of us: Power to the Person.

Kasey Murdock
Founder

http://lhdc.com/" rel="nofollow - http://lhdc.com/

Replies:
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

but yall love and support Beyonce's white woman ass though!

twist that sh*t up and be quiet

whatchu talkin bout, willisConfused

Posted By: Ming
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 6:43pm
I hate that term.. lhdc.. you care, it wouldn't be so long/ who cares if you don't care

Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by Ming Ming wrote:

I hate that term.. lhdc.. you care, it wouldn't be so long/ who cares if you don't care

i always thought the don't care part referred to not caring what other people thought about it.

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 6:45pm
wasn't it a Lil Wayne lyric?

Posted By: LilMissSunshine
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 6:46pm
I thought it came from that Lloyd song, "You." Lil Wayne says "long hair don't care." I thought he said that because he and Lloyd both had long hair then...I thought the don't care part came from the fact that they are both male. Males usually don't have long hair.

Posted By: missunfoolish
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 6:47pm
i thought it was lloyds LOL

Posted By: liesnalibis
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 6:47pm
Lol a mess. Long hair is not even a bragging right for white people but I guess.

Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 6:49pm

Nice with the wrong slogan .

Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

i always thought the don't care part referred to not caring what other people thought about it.

perhaps that's is the meaning lol

not directed at you but.. who cares? I don't think anything about your long hair ms... sometimes sir

Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 6:53pm

Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

perhaps that's is the meaning lol

not directed at you but.. who cares? I don't think anything about your long hair ms... sometimes sir

so, you just gonna ignore all those words strung together, divided by spaces and punctuation marks in the opLOL

Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 6:57pm
tatee.. yes

so many years of rolling my eyes, imma have to sleep on it

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 6:58pm
this reminds me of an episode of Shark Tank where these two white girls were pitching their virgin hair business.  they were talking about revolutionizing the hair industry or something.

Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

Lol a mess. Long hair is not even a bragging right for white people but I guess.
yes it is. represents youth

Posted By: ShadyLady
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 8:47pm
So....no one's going to tell them Lil Wayne said that in Lloyd's song "You", and that's probably the real reason it resonates?

Posted By: StylingArabella
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by LilMissSunshine LilMissSunshine wrote:

I thought it came from that Lloyd song, "You." Lil Wayne says "long hair don't care." I thought he said that because he and Lloyd both had long hair then...I thought the don't care part came from the fact that they are both male. Males usually don't have long hair.

Love that song!!!!!!!! He was feeling beautiful in "Girls around the world" with that hair. Check this brotha out at the 1:20 mark LOL LOL LOL ! He was feeling Gorg I tell ya!

Posted By: Lite Brite
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by ShadyLady ShadyLady wrote:

So....no one's going to tell them Lil Wayne said that in Lloyd's song "You", and that's probably the real reason it resonates?

Pleease email them! Big smile

Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 11:56pm
lmao

That phrase has been around looooooonnnnnngg before Lloyd tho

Posted By: liesnalibis
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 11:58pm
^^^That's what I thought. People been saying that.

Posted By: Gia2009
Date Posted: Apr 04 2014 at 12:58pm
I was hearing this term in the early 90s. They late and just like white people, always trying to take credit for sh*t they didn't have nothing to do with! smh!

Posted By: Lilaca
Date Posted: Apr 04 2014 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by Gia2009 Gia2009 wrote:

I was hearing this term in the early 90s. They late and just like white people, always trying to take credit for sh*t they didn't have nothing to do with! smh!
WHITE PEO................................

Print Page | Close Window