Print Page | Close Window

High School Reunions, Do You Go?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=369703
Printed Date: Jan 19 2018 at 2:25am

Topic: High School Reunions, Do You Go?
Posted By: PurplePhase
Subject: High School Reunions, Do You Go?
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 2:16pm
Do you go to these?
How many years has it been for you?
do you  recognize people at your reunion? or do you rely on name tags LOL

I'm looking at some pix on FB from my last one (didn't attend) and sitting here scratching my head trying to figure out 'who these people?' It's hilarious.

Replies:
Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 2:21pm

Haven't had any yet, but I def dont plan on goingLOL

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 2:24pm
Mines is next year.....Im going....most of my class stays in touch...

Posted By: femmefatale85
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 2:26pm
went to 5 year, didn't go to the recent 10 yr one...didnt want to spend the money to fly to see people i see around the holidays

Posted By: ShadyLady
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 2:29pm
Mine is SUPPOSED to be this year but they've been arguing on FB the last week or so cuz nothing is planned.

I stayed in touch with everyone I wanted to so I doubt I'll go.

I don't even know/remember half the people mad there's nothing planned.

Posted By: Ladybird0724
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 2:35pm
Prob not. Mine is next year. I prob will make a trip down to visit fam and ask certain folks to go out to the club I'd they arein town. I kept in touch with who I wanted mostly but there are a few that fell off . Most of my class was annoying white ppl. I do wanna hear about all the ppl that fcked up in life.

Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 2:36pm
it's probably too soon for yall to have forgotten people LOL. I'll bump this thread to check back in 20 more years lmao

Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 2:36pm
now, college reunions we attend every year! It's an event.

Posted By: NJHairLuv
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 2:38pm
No. I am not interested in fraternizing with those people. I will probably go to the 30 yrs one (with God's will).

My 20 year college reunion is next month, I just paid for my reunion event tix and I am in the process of booking my hotel, etc. I am excited, but feel a bid sad b/c my memory is not what it used to be and I feel really bad when people recognize me and I dont recognize them. I am actually going to spend some time going through the yearbooks to get the names & faces lined up.

I am also looking to lose 10-15 lbs b4 the reunion b/c I will be dammed b4 I am in the group photo looking less that a dimeLOL The Ladies of H______ University are known for keeping themselves on point and I will not be the po lil thing that used to be really cute lol

Posted By: goodm3
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 2:59pm
no, its not the worth the plane ticket and hotel for me...

Posted By: AmiliaCabral
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 3:04pm

I still keep in touch with my hittas...everybody else can skate

I missed mine last year

Posted By: 510QUEEN
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 3:21pm
my 20 is next year and I want to go.  but sadly I know what happened to most of the people I know.........either dead, on drugs, mentally ill, or working locally with me.  The rest I'd love to see if they come

Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by 510QUEEN 510QUEEN wrote:

my 20 is next year and I want to go.  but sadly I know what happened to most of the people I know.........either dead, on drugs, mentally ill, or working locally with me.  The rest I'd love to see if they come

that is sad 510Q

Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

No. I am not interested in fraternizing with those people. I will probably go to the 30 yrs one (with God's will).

My 20 year college reunion is next month, I just paid for my reunion event tix and I am in the process of booking my hotel, etc. I am excited, but feel a bid sad b/c my memory is not what it used to be and I feel really bad when people recognize me and I dont recognize them. I am actually going to spend some time going through the yearbooks to get the names & faces lined up.

I am also looking to lose 10-15 lbs b4 the reunion b/c I will be dammed b4 I am in the group photo looking less that a dimeLOL The Ladies of H______ University are known for keeping themselves on point and I will not be the po lil thing that used to be really cute lol

this will be the first college reunion you've attended over the 20 years?

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 4:59pm
no
i saw pics and that ish looked so low budget

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 5:21pm
my 10 passed already. i dont go. i didnt like them then..i sure as heck wont now. Ermm 

Posted By: niecy
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 5:26pm
haven't had one yet. doubt i would go if we did. no need to spend money on a reunion full of people i never cared for anyway since i can be nosy on facebook if i wanna see what's going on with anyone.

Posted By: Wildfire
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 5:30pm
i went to 1. the females were still cute, and guys stilllll were trying to get at them panties. smh.

Posted By: Princess Grace
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 5:31pm
No, the ones that mattered I am still in contact with. Then there are the ones that you see on FB and wonder wtf happened and what was their drug of choice. 

Posted By: Cream1970
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 5:35pm
It's been 26 yrs for me. Never had a desire to go to one, and even if I had, I wasn't willing to pay the $ to fly back home.

The only non relatives classmates I was cool with in hs, are on my Facebook friends list. All THREE of them. LOL

Many of the others send me friends requests. I'm like Confused. Nosey mufugas. Then they'll send my older sister a request to try to come in the back door to be in my business. Of course, she accepts them, lol.

I occasionally peruse my classmates' FB pages. It's cool to see the ones that I disliked the most are the ones that have gained the most weight and have grandchildren already. Evil Smile

Posted By: NARSAddict
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 5:39pm
I have no interest to see anyone I haven't kept in touch on the regular.

Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

this will be the first college reunion you've attended over the 20 years?

No. We had a 10 yr college reunion, I went and it was great. I wasnt able to attend the 15 yr b/c I had other obligations. I used to go to homecoming every year, but I havent been in around 7 years.

Date Posted: Apr 04 2014 at 12:29am

No. We had a 10 yr college reunion, I went and it was great. I wasnt able to attend the 15 yr b/c I had other obligations. I used to go to homecoming every year, but I havent been in around 7 years.

You'll recognize them. I bet they haven't changed that much in 7 years. At least I haven't *crosses fingers* lol

Date Posted: Apr 04 2014 at 12:30am

Posted By: eanaj5
Date Posted: Apr 04 2014 at 12:39am
sh*t its only been 3 years for me and im already like "who tf is that?" When my bff mentions ppl from high school LOL
i dont wanna see those clowns and their bratty teenaged children at my 10 year reunion Stern Smile

Posted By: beautiful_hair
Date Posted: Apr 04 2014 at 12:44am
Wasn't able to go to my 10 years one because I was on deployment.  I did see pictures of it though on FB. I might go to my 20 years one, but since I'm friends with 100+ of them on FB, I don't really see the need. Maybe just to see them in person, I suppose. Ermm

Posted By: Lonisha87
Date Posted: Apr 04 2014 at 12:26pm
I wouldnt know how to contact anyone. I only speak to 3 people I went to high school with

Posted By: IslandSuga
Date Posted: Apr 04 2014 at 12:34pm
My 10 year in NJ is coming up soon but I'm not sure I'll have the funds to go. Cry My other 10 year in FL is coming up too but I'm not going to that. I only speak to a few people from that school anyway

Posted By: KeraNykole
Date Posted: Apr 04 2014 at 12:46pm
My school didn't have one. Had they, I probably wouldn't have gone. The few valuable friendships/relationships I've developed in highschool, I still maintain now (including my hubby Heart.) Anyone other than those people, I don't care to see.

I went to my high school track coaches retirement party though! Wouldn't have missed that!

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Apr 04 2014 at 12:49pm
no.  I was in a different HS dang near every year.  No attachment so no reason to go.

Date Posted: Apr 04 2014 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by KeraNykole KeraNykole wrote:

My school didn't have one. Had they, I probably wouldn't have gone. The few valuable friendships/relationships I've developed in highschool, I still maintain now (including my hubby Heart.) Anyone other than those people, I don't care to see.

I went to my high school track coaches retirement party though! Wouldn't have missed that!

aww you married your high school sweetheart..

Date Posted: Apr 04 2014 at 7:23pm
I dont want to get hugged by anyone.Stern Smile

Date Posted: Apr 04 2014 at 8:17pm
LOL
my GF's husband has  rules about hugs at reunions  .  how long they can last , must introduce him first,etc. We prefer to just leave him home.

Posted By: Qualified
Date Posted: Apr 04 2014 at 8:24pm
        Where Im from, its like being at the high school you attended every time you step foot in a local Walmart or Church lol. And if you decided to go to an HBCU, especially those in NC and not far from, that was an extension of the high school you attended as well.

I get depressed seeing some of my classmates, and mofos I went to school with. Im always like, if were the same age, why do you look 50+ and disastrous, ta hell have you been doin with your life?

Like this girl on my fb, I swear she's like 3 years under me; I went to school with her older sister. Well, this girl is missing teeth, and no not the ones in the back, were talking VIP TEETH- the mu'fucca's that are front and center.

She fucc'd it up for me. I dont want to see any of them. Im still cool with those that matter, and Im good with that.

Posted By: HeyBeautiful18
Date Posted: Apr 04 2014 at 8:30pm
They still do them ?

I graduated in 09 so I believe this summer will be five years.

i probably wouldn't go anyway

Posted By: Bored w/Out Me?
Date Posted: Apr 04 2014 at 8:32pm
I didn't like them people then, I shole aint gone like em now...

Posted By: KeraNykole
Date Posted: Apr 04 2014 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

Originally posted by KeraNykole KeraNykole wrote:

aww you married your high school sweetheart..

Yup! Love me some him!

Posted By: demilee27
Date Posted: Apr 05 2014 at 5:38pm
No

Posted By: indiecat
Date Posted: Apr 05 2014 at 6:36pm
They are trying to organize one now, but I don't know if I'll go to it.

Posted By: Az~Maverick
Date Posted: Apr 05 2014 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by Bored w/Out Me? Bored w/Out Me? wrote:

I didn't like them people then, I shole aint gone like em now...

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Apr 05 2014 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by Qualified Qualified wrote:

Where Im from, its like being at the high school you attended every time you step foot in a local Walmart or Church lol. And if you decided to go to an HBCU, especially those in NC and not far from, that was an extension of the high school you attended as well.

I get depressed seeing some of my classmates, and mofos I went to school with. Im always like, if were the same age, why do you look 50+ and disastrous, ta hell have you been doin with your life?

Like this girl on my fb, I swear she's like 3 years under me; I went to school with her older sister. Well, this girl is missing teeth, and no not the ones in the back, were talking VIP TEETH- the mu'fucca's that are front and center.

She fucc'd it up for me. I dont want to see any of them. Im still cool with those that matter, and Im good with that.
CryLOLLOL

Posted By: Yardgirl
Date Posted: Apr 05 2014 at 7:58pm
We haven't had one but out 15th year anniversary was last year. There's talk about a 20th; I definitely want to go.

Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: Apr 05 2014 at 8:48pm
I missed our first reunion but i plan on going to the next. My geek squad has to scroll in beaming in success.

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Apr 05 2014 at 8:51pm
I see enough of these assholes on fb. I don't need to see their asses in person.

Posted By: GoodGirlGoneGr8
Date Posted: Apr 05 2014 at 10:48pm
Mine is this year...not even semi-interested in attending.

Posted By: beautiful_hair
Date Posted: Apr 06 2014 at 12:15am
Someone created a FB for our 20th reunion asking for suggestions because the only idea on the table is a yacht party. Confused

Date Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 12:46am
Originally posted by Qualified Qualified wrote:

OH NO LOL

Print Page | Close Window