Print Page | Close Window

YT women and the sistagirl snap

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=369697
Printed Date: Nov 22 2017 at 8:29pm

Topic: YT women and the sistagirl snap
Posted By: AmiliaCabral
Subject: YT women and the sistagirl snap
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 11:49am

does anyone else experience that whenever white women talk to you, they snap their fingers and roll their necks and be on some "uh-uh honey" and "YAAAASSS girlfriend"

i was in a meeting just now full of yt womenz and as soon as I walked in, I got all kinds of "HEY GIRL" {neck-roll} "Get it boo" {snap in a Z} and "Oh hell YES"

I said straight-faced "Don't do that"

And then everybody ignored me for the rest of the meeting :-/

If you notice it, does it bother you?  

And let me add, that despite my font I'm actually capable of holding a decent conversation without snapping my fingers, rolling my neck and sucking my teeth

Replies:
Posted By: Rumbera
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 11:57am
I had a sale rep come in my office and try me like that ....

The whole time I looked at her with disgust.. I would never ever buy anything from her company just for that reason.

Posted By: TokyoRose
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 11:58am
Yeah, I remember walking in to cover someone at a branch of my company once.  The white people didn't know how to react to me being there, so they immediately switched it up, I was like, "Excuse me?"  Whites know exactly what they are doing when they come at you with that ish.

Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 11:59am
we talked on the phone and she was regular... then we she came in the office, she changed it up like ,"you know what I am saying girl" ...no bish I don't

Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

same white girl told me she is terrified during convos we have at times b/c she doesn't know if something she says will be taken as racist

claims she has no idea that what she saying is racist or not

and she doesn't, I have told her point blank she needs to look up the definition of racism because she is fcking clueless

I wish she would stop talking to me tbh

Terrified of what???

Not terrified enough obviously lol

Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 12:06pm

I've let this one ty lady in my life somewhat, her kid plays soccer with mine... She had a little bit of Mexican in her so she is not completely white. She is really cool and I like her but I am just waiting for the moment for her to say some dumb sh*t then I won't like her anymore....

I've known her for almost a 1/2 year and I kind of want to tell her what not to say and do.... is that wrong ?

Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 12:06pm
this happens all the time....two days ago when I signed up for the gym

she started quoting scenes from Friday :/

yesterday at work...she wasnt as annoying because she is like 25 and 4'10

Posted By: Ming
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 12:12pm
Yes... my first staff meeting, the whole staff is black. the white therapist.. idk her position, came in and did the neck roll and finger tryna emulate the kids... i looked at her like that little girl and Hillary cliton meme

don't do that

Posted By: Im_oh_so_hott
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 12:12pm
I'm always like

Posted By: JeriMK55
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 12:14pm
I had some white scavenger lady on the bus start talking to me how she likes her men how she likes her coffee...black Stern Smile. Then she was asking me about the HBCU and that her boyfriend goes there..but he's in jail...and she hopes she's not pregnant...bish was crazyy! Just cuz I'm black does not mean I'm your homegurl and we can bond over black men and HBCUs

Posted By: SeducTress
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 12:15pm
All.of.the.time

When will it endCry

I also ABHOR when they feel the need to explain a word to me. Dumb a well flowing convo down.... like I can't follow lmao

Yt Person; He's experiencing an excruciating amount of pain....just a ton of pain.... so much. It really hurts him.

Me: *thinking to myself* Nucca I know the definition of excruciating. Quit expounding on one basic ass word...continue talking wtf? Confused 

Not all convos...but my spidey sense tingle when the person has tunnel vision on one word. 

I had to check my vet last week. Jesus, I know what deficiency means. 
Why are you explaining what a deficiency is to me! OMGerd.... how did I give you the impression...you know whatSleepy

Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 12:19pm
The following day Obama won the election a yt woman strutted past me and and bumped my fist.

She was in her early thirties. This was in Montgomery Mall for the DMV folks.

I had second hand embarrassment for her so I obliged.

I feel so usedCry

Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by SeducTress SeducTress wrote:

The following day Obama won the election a yt woman strutted past me and and bumped my fist.

She was in her early thirties. This was in Montgomery Mall for the DMV folks.

I had second hand embarrassment for her so I obliged.

I feel so usedCry

see no....

Posted By: Im_oh_so_hott
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by JeriMK55 JeriMK55 wrote:

I had some white scavenger lady on the bus start talking to me how she likes her men how she likes her coffee...black Stern Smile. Then she was asking me about the HBCU and that her boyfriend goes there..but he's in jail...and she hopes she's not pregnant...bish was crazyy! Just cuz I'm black does not mean I'm your homegurl and we can bond over black men and HBCUs

Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 12:25pm

Posted By: P31chick
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 12:25pm
My approach is to ask them why they have changed their speech?  The looks on their faces are priceless but since its not a totally huge issue for me I usually follow up with a smile and say just be you.  No need to change how you speak, besides doing so is a distraction from what you have to say.

Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by Ming Ming wrote:

All.of.the.time

When will it endCry

I also ABHOR when they feel the need to explain a word to me. Dumb a well flowing convo down.... like I can't follow lmao

Yt Person; He's experiencing an excruciating amount of pain....just a ton of pain.... so much. It really hurts him.

Me: *thinking to myself* Nucca I know the definition of excruciating. Quit expounding on one basic ass word...continue talking wtf? Confused 

Not all convos...but my spidey sense tingle when the person has tunnel vision on one word. 

Why are you explaining what a deficiency is to me! OMGerd.... how did I give you the impression...you know whatSleepy

At first I was then I was ive noticed this on occasion

Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 12:28pm

All.of.the.time

When will it endCry

Geez, at least let me ask though!

This reminds me...My aunt used to take me to parent-teacher conferences bc my mom worked nights...she used to embarrass me so much with this though...I think my teacher said I'm apprehensive about speaking up in class or something

Aunt: Appre-what? da fucc are you talking about? wtf does that even mean?

YT teacher: Oh....um...she seems hesitant to raise her hand--

Aunt: I still don't get what the fucc you talking bout. You tryna confuse me or some shyt?

YT teacher: No, not at all, I just want Amilia to feel comfortable speaking up in class! I want us to work together.

Aunt: Yeah okay Miss Thing. We can work together but don't get cute with me because I'm very smart. Don't try to play me.

me: Stern Smile

Posted By: juicifruit89
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 12:30pm
Yep. Suddenly everyone has this Southern drawl when talking to me at work, and I walk away lol.

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 12:30pm
I can't hide what Im thinking ever......its usually written all over my face......and my filter has been broken since I was old enough to talk.....I was with Mr00 one day and the conversation was so utterly stupid I turn to him in the dingy girls face and asked him if she was serious.....he laughed and said I hope not cause this is embarrassing......she shut her mouth and went on break.....

Posted By: kfoxx1998
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 12:32pm
LOL @ your aunt.  That hurt my stomach.

White bishes been doing this for a minute now.  They started by saying sh*t like 'Hey Girlfriend' and 'You go girl'.   Annoying as fck.   Best possible way to show your ignorance.  Like walking up to an Asian mimicking them saying 'Fwied Wice' and sh*t. 

Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 12:38pm
lol amilia

00.. if I asked for something and it didn't come back correctly, my ex used to place the order cause im good for calling a dumb btch a dumb btch... I would look at him and ask... "didn't I tell this dumb..." btch and he's slide in and act like my publicist. I felt like Prince.. I wouldn't let them talk to me, look me in my eye...id look at him to respond cause I wont deal

Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 12:42pm

lol amilia

00.. if I asked for something and it didn't come back correctly, my ex used to place the order cause im good for calling a dumb btch a dumb btch... I would look at him and ask... "didn't I tell this dumb..." btch and he's slide in and act like my publicist. I felt like Prince.. I wouldn't let them talk to me, look me in my eye...id look at him to respond cause I wont deal

Im weird once you my food up I don't want shyt else.....look at Mr00....and its time to go.....in regular situations....I have a very rude mouth when annoyed.....mr00 usually takes over....LOL

Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 12:54pm
lol.. it could be ice in my cup.. wrong size shoes. I get mad cause im very specific and give you everything before you ask... so when you ask *inhales through nose*"didn't I tell this dumb btch"

me- no cheese
them- what kinda cheese
me- *inhales through nose* didn't I tell this dumb btch

Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 12:55pm
I am also extremely specific as well.....I get really pissed when people try to tell me what I said.....

Posted By: noneyons
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 1:36pm
Ming, you should change your name to Mean cause uh....yeah. wow

Posted By: whosbotheringme
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 1:55pm

lol.. it could be ice in my cup.. wrong size shoes. I get mad cause im very specific and give you everything before you ask... so when you ask *inhales through nose*"didn't I tell this dumb btch"

me- no cheese
them- what kinda cheese
me- *inhales through nose* didn't I tell this dumb btch

And stay tryna put mayonnaise on ish.

Me:  "a sandwich with blah blah blah and blah please"
Them  "mayonnaise?" ***about to spread it on bread***
Me:  Stern Smile  When did I ask for that nasty crap?

Wooo sah.

Posted By: IslandSuga
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 1:56pm
Dang 00 and Ming, ya'll mean but its funny though

Posted By: TokyoRose
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

LOL @ your aunt.  That hurt my stomach.

White bishes been doing this for a minute now.  They started by saying sh*t like 'Hey Girlfriend' and 'You go girl'.   Annoying as fck.   Best possible way to show your ignorance.  Like walking up to an Asian mimicking them saying 'Fwied Wice' and sh*t

OMG!  I SCREAMED! LOL

Posted By: liesnalibis
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 2:51pm
I only see gay white men do this.

Posted By: smaison
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 2:52pm
I've never had no dumb shyt like that happen to me.

Posted By: thewonderfulwa
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 2:53pm
Never I probably would have a out of body experience

Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 3:00pm
nah....
but i remember this one white girl assumed that i must love and listen to "gangsta rap" music because i am black...

i just rolled my eyes...silly haoleLOL

Posted By: smaison
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 3:04pm
Lol @ Ming and 00.
Whenever I'm with SO he has to take over as well because I turn into a bratty spoil biotch.
The simplest shyt pisses me off and he has to take over.
I'm sure people wonder how come he's with this chick, but he loves it

Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

nah....
but i remember this one white girl assumed that i must love and listen to "gangsta rap" music because i am black...

this yt dude at work stays trying to talk to me about wu-tang...

brah back up i don't listen to that shyt

Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by smaison smaison wrote:

Lol @ Ming and 00.
Whenever I'm with SO he has to take over as well because I turn into a bratty spoil biotch.
The simplest shyt pisses me off and he has to take over.
I'm sure people wonder how come he's with this chick, but he loves it

There are times Mr00 lets me at people.....he enjoys it as well......they usually look at him and say "whats her problem" and he say "Nothing....you know why she's pissed"LOL

Posted By: Bonjour baby ooowee
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 3:08pm
i now live in arizona / where do i start? Sleepy ive never seen sooo many THIRSTY to be black mofos in my whole entire lifeShocked ive live in chicago / texas / traveled extensively as a child to teenager adult /  met all kinds of people races creeds colors nationalities & yet arizona is thee MOST everybody wanna be black THIRSTY azz mofos ive ever experienced in my lifeShocked it's a adventure EVERYTIME i step out the doorLOL    best believe i PROPERLY puts folks in CHECKKKKKKKKK almost all the time no cursing or harsh crap just str8 blunt & poignant bout it & the strange thing about it is , they love itLOL

Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 3:11pm
Once a long time ago a lawyer was in another room with a client and I was working out front and he yelled out Who, I think Diana Ross is ugly?

Me?  ***walks to front room*** What are you telling ME that for?  She's not related to me.

Him Confused

Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by AmiliaCabral AmiliaCabral wrote:

Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

nah....

this yt dude at work stays trying to talk to me about wu-tang...

brah back up i don't listen to that shyt

lolLOL
better than this YT guy that was out one day walking up to people selling magazines and he came up to me like "I got Jet and Ebony magazine"

now that i think about it i should have sprayed him with mace...

Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by whosbotheringme whosbotheringme wrote:

Once a long time ago a lawyer was in another room with a client and I was working out front and he yelled out Who, I think Diana Ross is ugly?

Me?  ***walks to front room*** What are you telling ME that for?  She's not related to me.

Him Confused

lmaoooooooo!!!

all black people are related huh...
dummyLOL

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 3:14pm
This happens all of the time. I put on my valley girl voice, speak properly and use every "big" word that I can think of while acting like I don't understand what they are saying. They end up feeling stupid in the end.

Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 3:18pm

Just put on a face like you smell something bad and say "what?" like you don't understand.  Then watch the various colors traipse across their mugs.

Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by whosbotheringme whosbotheringme wrote:

Just put on a face like you smell something bad and say "what?" like you don't understand.  Then watch the various colors traipse across their mugs.

Clap im puttin this one in my rotation

oh woooweee i got that move soon as i read it & did like what? with a REAL stank faceLOL
oh ohhhh yall givin me NEW lifeLOL

Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 3:26pm

Originally posted by AshBash89 AshBash89 wrote:

This happens all of the time. I put on my valley girl voice, speak properly and use every "big" word that I can think of while acting like I don't understand what they are saying. They end up feeling stupid in the end.

Clap unnnhuh im lovin this one too ( goes into my rotation)

Wink i LOVE using my extensive vocabulary so this will be MUCH FUNLOL

Posted By: herwoman
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 3:30pm
I just say bytch don't do that shyt and roll my eyes and my neck.

Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 3:37pm
ill be poppin in & outta dis here thread it done got GOOD nowWink

Posted By: sexyandfamous
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 3:51pm
Nobody does that to me, but I have seen it happening with black americans, and I find it stupid.

Posted By: OhMyCurlz
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 4:08pm
This is horrible with the white people in the south. 

When I was 10 my teacher (white) told all of us that we were black or white....just different flavors. Nutmeg, Pecan, Chocolate, Peach, etc. Then she went on to talk about black culture, how we liked BET Uncut, how we rolled our necks when we spoke and mispronounced words, etc. Then some ignorant bassackwards child named Xavianna (I had many issues with her) said "yup and we be sayin guhhhhh.....and "dis" and "dat". 

I was humiliated. Then the white teacher agreed with her and said yes, and I hear you all talk about your hoopties etc. She also went on to talk about how all of us need to get out of the sun because black people dont want to get darker and white people will stay out to get darker. Her comment was directed towards my very dark skinned friend though. 

So my white washed ass says in a lightly laced valley girl voice "Ms. Kirkland....what's a hooptie?". She screamed with laughter and said "You are a brown person and you don't know what a hooptie is???" Every black child in the room laughed. 

My mom ripped her ass. 

Long story short, I look at white people differently when they do this. It's disrespectful. If you feel like you have to make fun of what you THINK is indicative of my ethnicity, we don't need to speak to one another. Ever. 

Once this white woman was like "oh you guys are sistahhhhhs" and I politely asked with a smile on my face. "WHat do you mean by that? I don't get it." It put it RIGHT back on her, and she felt awkward and apologized. 

Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 4:18pm
Damn curlz!
That was the real teacher from everybody hates Chris :(

I think I told BHM about the time I went to the seafood counter and asked for Atlantic salmon.
The guy at the counter glanced up at me and said, mam how much catfish did you say you want.

Good grief. My luck ain't the greastest?

Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 4:25pm

Damn curlz!

I think I told BHM about the time I went to the seafood counter and asked for Atlantic salmon.
The guy at the counter glanced up at me and said, mam how much catfish did you say you want.

Oh no, I would've ripped into him Seducky!! yeah idda lost it for sure

Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 4:26pm
I'm really calm but when you really piss me off, it get ugly real ugly...

Posted By: kfoxx1998
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by OhMyCurlz OhMyCurlz wrote:

My mom ripped her ass.

Okay good I was sure about to ask if you told her!!!

Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 5:37pm

Damn curlz!

And the same thing happened to a guy on here too. I hope it was the same dude at the same store cuz otherwise they really *&%^$#@Ein up

Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 8:17pm
Yes and since it's awkward for me, I make it awkward as fuck for them too by talking like a stupid white girl in an obnoxious valley girl voice and go on little monologues about "bad white people" and they're a "good white person." I'll even sprinkle in the 'there's a difference between white people and crackers' schtick!

They don't get as flattered as you think they would. ;)

Posted By: eanaj5
Date Posted: Apr 04 2014 at 12:31am
how i respond depends on my mood and where i am tbh.
i might just give you the

face and ignore you, or if im already pissed or dont like you you will catch the fire

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Apr 04 2014 at 12:37am
nah ive never seen this in real life.

Date Posted: Apr 04 2014 at 1:03pm

Lawd the devil's trying it

Date Posted: Apr 04 2014 at 1:05pm
LOLDead

Print Page | Close Window